Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Post Game Thread: Magic @ Pacers

Default Post Game Thread: Magic @ Pacers

Tinsley is amazing that is all. And how nice was it too see Stephen Jackson sit out most of the 4th and not chuck up 25 shots in 6 minutes. Very good home win.

Sports Logo

Default Re: Post Game Thread: Magic @ Pacers

We won this because Rick was smart enough to play Tins at the end.

And another thing I have been saying over and over again AJ is a good backup sg. Move him to the bakcup sg and let Sarunas be the backup pg.

What was with putting Gill in at the end for the free throws and not Sarunas?

That was a big difference from past 4th qtrs this week, Tinsley played the point and we won. See how easy it is Rick.

About Sarunas not going in at the end maybe he said he didnt want to play? Who knows

We need to have AJ backing up Jax at SG and Runi backing Tins up at PG. AJ can create his own shot and is a pretty good shooter.

Pacesetter

Thumbs down Re: Post Game Thread: Magic @ Pacers

I'm really surprised that Coach Carlisle held Sarunas out of the game after all the effort Sarunas has given this year. It wasn't even 2 weeks ago when the rookie got 11 assists and 14 pts on 5 of 8 shooting against Washington (tie series 2-2). He also played 49 + minutes that game. By holding Sarunas out of the game tonight snapped his games played mark at 60.

Is this the way the Indiana Pacers treats their players? If it is maybe this team has lost more than Reggie Miller over the last year!

Quote Originally Posted by Ragnar
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    What was with putting Gill in at the end for the free throws and not Sarunas?
    Well, we're going to hear about it tomorrow from our European friends.

If I had to guess, I'd say Rick didn't want to play Saras in garbage minutes. I doubt Saras is thanking him, though.
    Welcome to Pacers Digest! New around here? Here are three tips for making the forum a great place to talk about Pacers basketball.

• Log in. Even if you want to read instead of post, it's helpful because it lets you:
    • Change your signature options. You can hide all signatures by choosing "Settings" (top right) then "General Settings" (middle left) and unchecking the box "Show Signatures" (in the "Thread Display Options" area).
    • Create an ignore list. I know it may seem unneighborly. But you're here to talk about the Pacers, not argue with someone who's just looking for an argument. Most of the regular users on here make use (at least occasionally) of the "Ignore" feature. Just go to "Settings" -> "Edit Ignore List" and add the names.

Enjoy your time at PD!

Quote Originally Posted by Pacesetter
    Is this the way the Indiana Pacers treats their players? If it is maybe this team has lost more than Reggie Miller over the last year!
    Go away.
    Welcome to Pacers Digest! New around here? Here are three tips for making the forum a great place to talk about Pacers basketball.

• Log in. Even if you want to read instead of post, it's helpful because it lets you:
    • Change your signature options. You can hide all signatures by choosing "Settings" (top right) then "General Settings" (middle left) and unchecking the box "Show Signatures" (in the "Thread Display Options" area).
    • Create an ignore list. I know it may seem unneighborly. But you're here to talk about the Pacers, not argue with someone who's just looking for an argument. Most of the regular users on here make use (at least occasionally) of the "Ignore" feature. Just go to "Settings" -> "Edit Ignore List" and add the names.

Enjoy your time at PD!

I'm really surprised that Coach Carlisle held Sarunas out of the game after all the effort Sarunas has given this year. It wasn't even 2 weeks ago when the rookie got 11 assists and 14 pts on 5 of 8 shooting against Washington (tie series 2-2). He also played 49 + minutes that game. By holding Sarunas out of the game tonight snapped his games played mark at 60.

Sarunas is good... but every player ahead of him in the rotation is BETTER. What is it about this that is so hard to understand?

Sports Logo

This is how Rick treats pass first pg's.

Like Rabid said Where is the guy supposed to play? Tins is better, AJ, Fred,Jack. There just isnt enough minutes for 3 PG's right now.

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Dude...welcome to the NBA. There isnt room in a rotation for 3 PGs.

It was AJ or SArunas for backup, and AJ won. And right now, I'm not even sure Rick made the wrong choice. AJ has arguably had a better year, his last-second screwups nonwithstanding.

It wasn't about being the team everyone loved, it was about beating the teams everyone else loved.

Division Champions 1955, 1956, 1988, 1989, 1990, 2002, 2003, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008
    Conference Champions 1955, 1956, 1988, 2005
    NBA Champions 1989, 1990, 2004

Quote Originally Posted by rabidpacersfan
    Sarunas is good... but every player ahead of him in the rotation is BETTER. What is it about this that is so hard to understand?
    Well, not Gill...

Of course, Gill only played about 45 seconds.

Enjoy your time at PD!

Quote Originally Posted by Anthem
    Well, not Gill...

Of course, Gill only played about 45 seconds.

I think that was not to offend Sarunas by making him look like a garbage player.

It wasn't about being the team everyone loved, it was about beating the teams everyone else loved.

Division Champions 1955, 1956, 1988, 1989, 1990, 2002, 2003, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008

Tins did do well. However, Granger and Harrison were the difference makers in this game IMO.

With out Hulk's scoring in the 4th this would have been a HARD game to win.

Quote Originally Posted by Kstat
    I think that was not to offend Sarunas by making him look like a garbage player.
    I already said that.

Enjoy your time at PD!

Pacesetter

Quote Originally Posted by Jermaniac
    Like Rabid said Where is the guy supposed to play? Tins is better, AJ, Fred,Jack. There just isnt enough minutes for 3 PG's right now.
    The idea is to get him in the game, even if it was just to keep his streak alive. The rookie has played his heart out this year and has stayed healthy enough to play every game which is more than several Pacers. Bringing Gill in the game in Sarunas place was a slap in the face to Sarunas, and whether he's been cold or not makes no difference, he's been there when the Pacers needed him, and that should be good for something!

Follow me no more....... Fireball Kid's Avatar

Wow.
    "Remember the pain of my fist. That is my power!"
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Quote Originally Posted by D-BONE
    Tins did do well. However, Granger and Harrison were the difference makers in this game IMO.
    Just imagine them as next year's starters, with KG in between them.

Enjoy your time at PD!

The idea is to get him in the game, even if it was just to keep his streak alive.

Streak? What streak?

You honestly think Carlisle knew or cared about a guy playing in every game for the season? I doubt the thought ever crossed his mind.

You think Sarunas would have jumper for joy over those last 40 seconds?

WInning matters in the NBA, not maintaining personal streaks.

Pacesetter

Quote Originally Posted by rabidpacersfan
    Don't you find it odd then that Sarunas is atop the +/- chart?

They are going to the T'Wolves? Cause thats the only way they get to play with KG.

The idea is to get him in the game, even if it was just to keep his streak alive. The rookie has played his heart out this year and has stayed healthy enough to play every game which is more than several Pacers. Bringing Gill in the game in Sarunas place was a slap in the face to Sarunas, and whether he's been cold or not makes no difference, he's been there when the Pacers needed him, and that should be good for something!
    I'm willing to bet his streak means more to you than to him.

Everybody else gets it. Bringing Gill was a sign of respect.

Enjoy your time at PD!

Follow me no more....... Fireball Kid's Avatar

Those +/- stat things are a little misleading, dont you think?
    "Remember the pain of my fist. That is my power!"
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

I'm down with that. And not in Minny, Jermaniac.