Thread: Award Lobbying

sweabs

Default Award Lobbying

f
    Last edited by sweabs; 08-08-2010 at 05:15 PM.

Default Re: Award Lobbying

EB made my top 3 in both categories.

For effective draft picks it's hard to beat these 2, though:

Boris Diaw in round 10 (James)
    Gerald Wallace in round 7 (me)

That's two >1 FPPM guys at points in the draft where most of us are wondering if the guys on our list can even play.

I don't deserve any other individual player awards except maybe Rafer Alston would be up there somewhere under best waiver wire pickups.
    The poster "pacertom" since this forum began (and before!). I changed my name here to "Slick Pinkham" in honor of the imaginary player That Bobby "Slick" Leonard picked late in the 1971 ABA draft (true story!)

All is full of Orange! Mourning's Avatar

I remember doubting between Marc Jackson and Gerald Wallace and I took Marc, because I BADLY needed a back up center who could play the beginning of the season when Dalembert would be out. I feel stupid not having picked Wallace now, ah well thought I get our favorite Wallace from an other team in a trade then .

Boris Diaw was a great pick indeed, Wallace too even though he missed a lot of games he is a potential "killer" that puts a good team over the top.

I liked my pick of Richard Jefferson and Darius Miles. I feel they dropped too low. Offcourse, James is a great pick, but that had nothing to do with making the right pick and everything with getting the second overall pick.

I indeed remember Rcarey in the chat beying very excited about getting Brand. I was actually a little surprised that he as a premiere frontcourt player was still around when he came too pick, figured he would have been gone at pick 10 or 11. And indeed a very good pick.

The dumbest mistake I made was putting Reggie Evans on the waiver wire half a day before the trade deadline ... offcourse, he got traded and is playing again now, something he wasn't doing in Seattle since the coaching change there. Just a few more hours waiting, but I got a little impatient and wanted to be 100%sure of my frontcourt, ahwell, something to look at a little better the next time.

PS: I don't think we have to argue much about the worst pick now do we, right ... Shade?

Regards,

Mourning
    2012 PD ABA Fantasy Keeper League Champion, sports.ws

2011 PD ABA Fantasy Keeper League Champion, sports.ws

2006 PD ABA Fantasy League runner up, sports.ws

Quote Originally Posted by Mourning
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    PS: I don't think we have to argue much about the worst pick now do we, right ... Shade?
    Oh, come on! Didn't you see where I drafted Korver!..............
    PSN: MRat731 XBL: MRat0731

Quote Originally Posted by MagicRat
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Oh, come on! Didn't you see where I drafted Korver!..............
    Not even CLOSE to the Amare pick, nice try though MR

Regards,

Mourning

My most effective pick was Gerald Wallace in the 7th round, but I also got a lot of mileage (so far) out of picking Chris Webber at #41. He has been averaging 38 min/g (tops on my team), hasn't been hurt, a has put up a 1.09 FPPM with fair consistency.

In the past I always shied away from picking players I don't like. I really don't like Chris. The knee thing had me trembling. But so far it's worked.

My draft strategy this year was to rank 'em and live by it no matter what, and not get involved in who I like, don't like, and not even pay so much to position until the middle rounds. I let the numbers do the talking, with fudging on my part with respect to expecting who was emerging or declining.

If I had just taken Elton Brand instead of Shaq, I'd be on cruise control right now. Shaq was my least effective pick considering Brand, Marion, Iverson were there. It could have been worse though. I really wanted Jermaine, and he went the pick before. Also having Shaq get hurt early let me build up a solid bench by the waiver wire.
    The poster "pacertom" since this forum began (and before!). I changed my name here to "Slick Pinkham" in honor of the imaginary player That Bobby "Slick" Leonard picked late in the 1971 ABA draft (true story!)

I just went back and looked at my draft, man I did a horrible job this season.

Mike James with my 5th pick & Boris Diaw at 10 were pretty good, Diaw should be in the running for best draft pick.

But I also drafted Chris Andersen, Dan Gadzuric, Adonal Foyal & Jackson Vroman.

Its amazing I even made the playoffs.

I don't think I made any trades worth mentioning & any waiver wire or free agent pickup was more of a band-aid than a difference maker.

another great draft pick was David West in the 12th round by Roaming Gnome.

I plucked Ryan Gomes off the waiver wire and he's outperforming everyone on my team not named Jason Kidd.
    Dallas Clark>Tony Gonzalez

I was able to get Gomes in the keeper league. He helped me out of the first round & if I have any chance of advancing it will be due to that pickup.

I picked up Barbosa from the waiver wire. He's been instrumental in keeping me in the lead in my division after Darius Miles went down for several months.

Regards,

Mourning

All I know is that I had a "Donnie Walsh" moment, when deciding to (seeing my draft position) build my team around Ron Artest.
    Add to that the not so reliable forecast on Boozer being back within a month and the signing of Jerome by IT being about as big a failure as my signing of that same player and a lot had drifted out of the line-up.
    With the injury bug, Q-Rich's family problems and more added... Oh well, watching the playoffs and having time on your hand is fun to :P
    So Long And Thanks For All The Fish.

If you've done 6 impossible things today?
    Then why not have Breakfast at Milliways!