Thread: Raptors can set a new NBA all-time record in the Pacers game

Default Raptors can set a new NBA all-time record in the Pacers game

http://www.insidehoops.com/raptors-s...g-031006.shtml

Raptors set to tie NBA three-point shooting record

With their first made three-pointer Friday, March 10 against Denver, the Toronto Raptors will tie the NBA record for most consecutive games with at least one three-point field goal. The current record of 594 is held by the Miami Heat. The Raptors can set a new NBA record Sunday, March 12 when they face Indiana at Air Canada Centre. The Pacers were the last team to hold the Raptors scoreless from beyond the arc (February 24, 1999, 0-for-6).

During the streak, spanning seven seasons and counting, the Raptors have registered a total of 3,372 three-pointers on 9,301 attempts. Vince Carter netted the first triple (7:43, 1st) against Minnesota on February 26, 1999, at Air Canada Centre.

Since moving to Air Canada Centre, the Raptors have hit at least one three-point field goal in every game. In the inaugural game (February 21, 1999) against the Vancouver Grizzlies, the Raptors went 6-for-14 from beyond the arc. The streak began five days later.

There have been 21 times during the streak in which the Raptors netted only one triple, including three games this season (November 7 versus Cleveland (1-for-8); November 26 at Golden State (1-for-13); November. 30 versus Memphis (1-for-13). On November 7 versus Cleveland, Morris Peterson kept the Raptors streak alive hitting the lone three-point shot with 1:11 left in the fourth quarter. Toronto has held their opponents scoreless from behind the arc eight times throughout the run, most recently shutting down the Washington Wizards (0-for-3) on February 25, 2004.

A total of 40 players have contributed to the streak, led by Morris Peterson’s franchise-leading 644 three-pointers. While with the Raptors, Vince Carter netted 554 triples and Donyell Marshall registered 271. Marshall tied the NBA record for three-point field goals made in a game on March 13, 2005 hitting 12 three-pointers against Philadelphia, a contest that also set an NBA best for three-point field goals made by both teams in a game with 31. The Raptors hit 21 three-pointers with the Sixers adding 10 from beyond the arc.

Toronto’s ‘triple threat’ of Peterson, fifth-year guard Mike James and second-year forward Matt Bonner continues to drive the Raptors’ streak.

Peterson currently ranks ninth in the NBA with 126 three-pointers made, 10th in the league with 315 attempts and 22nd in percentage at .400.

James is ranked eighth in the NBA in three-point shooting percentage with a .424 mark recording 106-of-250 triples in his first season as a Raptor. James tied the franchise record for most three-point shots made and none missed (five-for-five) December 16 versus Golden State.

Bonner registered five-of-six shots from beyond the arc March 5 versus Boston and is shooting .415 (73-for-176), ranking 12th in the NBA in three-point field goal percentage.
    That's a two-days old story. Since then, Raptors have already tied the all-time record by making 11 three-pointers against the Nuggets. Now only the Pacers stand in their way to a new all-time mark.

Default Re: Raptors can set a new NBA all-time record in the Pacers game

Seems like its a relatively meaningless record that someone has milked into an article. Keep jacking up enough threes, and you're gonna make one eventually.
    "Sometimes, when you look Andy in the eyes, you get a feeling somebody else is driving." -- David Letterman

I cant stand the Craptors, every damn time we play them we get a 10-15 point lead, they come back in the 4th and beat us. Really sad.

LjuboDaMan

Quote Originally Posted by Jermaniac
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I cant stand the Craptors, every damn time we play them we get a 10-15 point lead, they come back in the 4th and beat us. Really sad.
    craptors ? mannn dont please

i like raps

I thought we allowed every team to do that?
    LoneGranger33 said
    Agreed. As the members of Guns and Roses once said, "every rose has its thorn".

Quote Originally Posted by Kaufman
    Seems like its a relatively meaningless record that someone has milked into an article. Keep jacking up enough threes, and you're gonna make one eventually.

sweabs

The Raptors can put points up on the board quickly. They have some scorers. Their problem is on the defensive end.

They are a very good 3 point shooting team - Mike James can get in the zone quickly, Mo Pete is money from the corner pocket, Matt Bonner is automatic, Charlie V can sink them...

A couple keys to the game today:

1) We have to keep Mike James from penetrating. He is lightning quick and will get our bigs in trouble...and I don't want foul trouble for Hulk in particular, because...

2) Harrison should be touching the ball every time down the court on the offensive end. We should be going to him often throughout the entire game. The Raptors have NO ONE who can guard him...absolutely NO ONE. David can easily out-muscle anyone on the Raps squad down low. If they try and go small-ball with Bosh at centre = they're screwed. AD is too small to handle David, and Loren Woods is way too weak and skinny. It's up to David to get good low-post position, and up to our guys to recognize that and keep feeding the big man.

3) Double-team Bosh regularly, and cut off his passing lanes. If there is one weakness to Bosh's game right now, it's his passing. Force him into making difficult passes, and be aggressive with him. It's better to let him take jump shots then letting him blow-by you (because Bosh is extremely quick - has a very quick first step that blows by most big men).

4) Score more points than the opponent.

That seems to happen against everyone we play.
    "Ever wonder what it's like to wonder what it's like to wonder, they get up out of bed but can't awaken from their slumber, they know what they've been told by those who know what they've been told, you see this hand me down knowledge generated ages ago, and I know what they've been told because I've been told the same thing, I had to broaden my horizons to expand on greater things..." Many Styles

Sports Logo

So they tied the record for making at least 1 3pt shot for "X" number of consecutive games?

That's a strange "Fringe" NBA record.
    Ash from Army of Darkness: Good...Bad...I'm the guy with the gun.

This is David West, he is the Honey Badger, West just doesn't give a *****....he's pretty bad *ss cuz he has no regard for any other Player or Team whatsoever.