Page 98 of 185 FirstFirst ... 4888949596979899100101102108148 ... LastLast
Results 2,426 to 2,450 of 4601

Thread: What TV Show Did You Last Watch

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Default Re: What TV Show Did You Last Watch

Damn, I just watched The Office and it was Steve Carrell's second to last episode tonight. I don't want him to leave

In to season 2 of Lost. Thank you Netflix!

So many questions, but it honestly doesn't bother me that they aren't getting answered quickly. I don't have to wait in between episodes is probably the main reason why. Got to see Mr. Echo facing the smoke monster. Locke did the same thing by standing still early in season 1. Seems the smoke detects movement, so if you stand still, you seem like you'll be ok.

Major questions right now. Who are the others, are there more than 1 set of others? Why do they want children/people? What the hell is that smoke monster/security system?

Is the island just a giant experiment on the human psyche?

Must watch more tonight....
    Last edited by Sparhawk; 04-25-2011 at 02:37 PM.
    Lance + Starting SG = Awesome

Now really free Lance!

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Sparhawk For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo Sports Logo

Last edited by Constellations; 05-04-2011 at 06:06 AM.
    Follow me at @Bluejbgold

American Idol...

It's amazing how Randy Jackson and Jennifer Lopez managed to make me more annoyed last night than Jim O'brien ever could.

Quote Originally Posted by Sookie View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    American Idol...

It's amazing how Randy Jackson and Jennifer Lopez managed to make me more annoyed last night than Jim O'brien ever could.
    Haley needs to go...

That is all.

Quote Originally Posted by ilive4sports View Post
    Haley needs to go...

That is all.
    pffft...

I know she's going soon though...I've been waiting for it for weeks.

pffft...

I know she's going soon though...I've been waiting for it for weeks.
    I didn't even think she belonged in the top 13

I didn't even think she belonged in the top 13
    She's up and down. She's the best singer left though, by a lot.

Not that it matters too much, Scotty won when he auditioned.

She's up and down. She's the best singer left though, by a lot.

Not that it matters too much, Scotty won when he auditioned.
    best singer? no way. When James controls his voice instead of going all out the whole time he is the best. Lauren is way better too.

best singer? no way. When James controls his voice instead of going all out the whole time he is the best. Lauren is way better too.
    James is always out of tune. And he doesn't have the range, nor the vocal skills that Haley has.

Lauren is limited with range as well. But she at least stays in tune.

Haley's voice isn't for everyone, but on a technical level, she's the best singer.

International Counter bellisimo's Avatar

gotten into Pretty Little *****es...err Liars...loving the mystery factor of it enough to not gag at some of the cliche chick-drama thats being portrayed...watched the first 9 episodes so far...

speaking of which - really like the "new" show Episodes - wasn't sure what to expect at first but it definitely delivers for me - seen the first 3-4 episodes so far.

Quote Originally Posted by bellisimo View Post
    gotten into Pretty Little *****es...err Liars...loving the mystery factor of it enough to not gag at some of the cliche chick-drama thats being portrayed...watched the first 9 episodes so far...

speaking of which - really like the "new" show Episodes - wasn't sure what to expect at first but it definitely delivers for me - seen the first 3-4 episodes so far.
    The second half of the season is amazing of Pretty Little Liars.

Although the Aria storyline is annoying. But the chick who plays Spencer is now #1 on the Girl Crush list.

And I love A. I just hope it doesn't end like the books.

has anyone watched "Men of a Certain Age"? any thoughts about it? I haven't seen it yet but I also haven't heard much about it...

Quote Originally Posted by bellisimo View Post
    has anyone watched "Men of a Certain Age"? any thoughts about it? I haven't seen it yet but I also haven't heard much about it...
    Love. It.

I've been dying for it to come back on. I'm actually surprised it's survived, cause it's not an in your face, screaming housewives, bunch of rich, white teenagers, reality type show.

It's pretty low key and has a sublime subtlety to it. It's kinda like getting together with an old friend who always makes you smile and think a little about your life. It's a really nice marriage of really strong acting with nice writing. Not must see tv, but you hate when you miss it. I'd say a lot of times it's has a wistfullness to it as you relate to things that happen in their lives.

When you see Ray Romano's character trying to make up for missed opportunities in his life, you start to think of your self and gain some humor and insight into your own life.

Andre Braugher's character is the anchor, far as I'm concerend. He can, and does, act circles around the rest of them. (Did you ever watch Homicide: Life on the Streets? He was unbelievably in that.)

Scott Bakula's character makes you want to smack him and hug him at the same times. He's a knuckehead, but he's trying to get life right, before it's too late.

It's nice to see a comedy about a bunch of guy friends that isn't based on sophomoric humor, but rather a genuine, lifelong friendship.

I really like it a lot.
    Hey! What're you kicking me for? You want me to ask? All right, I'll ask! Ma'am, where do the high school girls hang out in this town?

Mood

I like that show, too.

It's been awhile since I've reviewed things on here & there are just so many that I will not do justice to everything so I am going to cover a couple and maybe mention a few others.

Smallville series finale:

Spoiler Spoiler:

Stargate Universe series finale:

This ending was as senseless and disjointed as the entire series was. It had a few good moments here and there but overall was a failure of a show. The ending was no different.

However it is odd to have a series end with what appears to be death sentences for everyone.

Stargate is a proud franchise & sadly I think this was the last hurrah. Which is a shame as they did not have the magic that SG1 or even Atlantis had.

I need to just stop watching regular network TV (other than for of all things a few shows on the CW).

ABC, NBC, CBS & even now Fox just need to aknowledge that they only can make money by either having mindless unscripted television or procedural crime dramas or idiotic sitcoms. I understand, it's a business and they have to make the most money they can. They just need to send all of the writers to basic and pay cable so we don't have to have shows cancelled in the middle of story lines.

While you would think that some sci-fi shows would be a success I guess the answer is, no. They have now cancelled "V", No Ordinary Family & The Event. If it wasn't for Abrams having a long deal with fox I know Fringe would have got the axe as well.

No Ordinary Family really built as the season went on to a show that I thought ended up being very good. However I think they knew the writing was on the wall so they ended the season by closing the past story and opening a new one. At least you have some closure there.

But both "V" & The event will leave us with huge cliff hanger endings, which I hate hate hate when they do that.

Ok, I"m done ranting now.

Basketball isn't played with computers, spreadsheets, and simulations. ChicagoJ 4/21/13

Smallville season finale.

Really disappointed. Last season was so good and for the most part this season too. They really faltered with the final 4 or so episodes leading up to the finale and just completely *****ed up. It had it's moments. Did Tom Welling not want to put on the suit in real life cause there wasn't one shot of him wearing the actual suit, or that was CGI.

I was really kind of hoping that Chloe would pull an ultimate sacrifice with her healing tears in order to save Clark's life and that's what propelled him to become Superman. On the other hand, Chloe was such a great character, that I am happy to see her alive too. I just wanted her to have more meaning.

I did enjoy how they treated the Clark and Lois relationship. It's more believable this way than how it went down in the Superman movies.

It would be nice if the Green Arrow got his own show. Justin Hartley has that character down and has enough depth that I think it could enjoyable.

Now really free Lance!

Quote Originally Posted by Peck View Post
    It's been awhile since I've reviewed things on here & there are just so many that I will not do justice to everything so I am going to cover a couple and maybe mention a few others.

Smallville series finale:

Spoiler Spoiler:

Stargate Universe series finale:

This ending was as senseless and disjointed as the entire series was. It had a few good moments here and there but overall was a failure of a show. The ending was no different.

However it is odd to have a series end with what appears to be death sentences for everyone.

Stargate is a proud franchise & sadly I think this was the last hurrah. Which is a shame as they did not have the magic that SG1 or even Atlantis had.

I need to just stop watching regular network TV (other than for of all things a few shows on the CW).

ABC, NBC, CBS & even now Fox just need to aknowledge that they only can make money by either having mindless unscripted television or procedural crime dramas or idiotic sitcoms. I understand, it's a business and they have to make the most money they can. They just need to send all of the writers to basic and pay cable so we don't have to have shows cancelled in the middle of story lines.

While you would think that some sci-fi shows would be a success I guess the answer is, no. They have now cancelled "V", No Ordinary Family & The Event. If it wasn't for Abrams having a long deal with fox I know Fringe would have got the axe as well.

No Ordinary Family really built as the season went on to a show that I thought ended up being very good. However I think they knew the writing was on the wall so they ended the season by closing the past story and opening a new one. At least you have some closure there.

But both "V" & The event will leave us with huge cliff hanger endings, which I hate hate hate when they do that.

Ok, I"m done ranting now.
    I tried watching No Ordinary Family. Sucked. The Event was even worse. They kept drawing things out way too long and it just wasn't even interesting. Never watched V though, but did see the original (which I didn't care for either).

Now really free Lance!

Quote Originally Posted by Sparhawk View Post
    I tried watching No Ordinary Family. Sucked. The Event was even worse. They kept drawing things out way too long and it just wasn't even interesting. Never watched V though, but did see the original (which I didn't care for either).
    How many episodes of No Ordinary Family did you watch? Not saying you would have ended up liking it but as the season moved on the show got a lot better, they really stepped up the villains as the season progressed.

Basketball isn't played with computers, spreadsheets, and simulations. ChicagoJ 4/21/13

Game of Thrones. HBO series. It is based on George RR Martin's book of the same name. I loved the books and I love this series. Definitely the best on TV right now. However, you might not like it as much if you hadn't read the books.

Quote Originally Posted by Thingfish View Post
    Game of Thrones. HBO series. It is based on George RR Martin's book of the same name. I loved the books and I love this series. Definitely the best on TV right now. However, you might not like it as much if you hadn't read the books.
    Couldn't get past the first book, but I'd definitely give the series a try. Hope it is available for Netflix streaming at some point.

Now really free Lance!

Quote Originally Posted by Peck View Post
    How many episodes of No Ordinary Family did you watch? Not saying you would have ended up liking it but as the season moved on the show got a lot better, they really stepped up the villains as the season progressed.
    Just a couple, but just couldn't get into it. I'm sure it got better, but it's moot at this point.

Now really free Lance!

Quote Originally Posted by Sparhawk View Post
    Just a couple, but just couldn't get into it. I'm sure it got better, but it's moot at this point.
    Moot for long term to be sure, however if you ever have time to kill you could go back and watch the season as a whole as they actually were smart enough to wrap up the story line.

But like you said, long term no point in going back.

25. The Following User Says Thank You to Peck For This Useful Post:

Loved the books, like the show so far. I just hope they don't condense it too much.

started with "Men of a Certain Age" - liking what i've seen so far.

filling in some short periods with episodes of "Outsourced" - can be a bit cheesy at times and have found out that its cancelled so its not something i'd recommend getting into...