Page 96 of 185 FirstFirst ... 46869293949596979899100106146 ... LastLast
Results 2,376 to 2,400 of 4606

Thread: What TV Show Did You Last Watch

International Counter bellisimo's Avatar

Default Re: What TV Show Did You Last Watch

anyone watching any good 20-25 minute sitcoms these days?

im looking to fill the void which Everybody Hates Chris filled for me. I'm already aware of HIMYM, 2.5 Men, Community, 30 Rock, Modern Family, Weeds, Californication...open to suggestions outside of these

I'm enjoying Mad Love. It's nothing great by any means, just a HIMYM knockoff, but it works for me.
    Come to the Dark Side -- There's cookies!

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Kegboy For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Sookie View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Pretty Little Liars

Guilty pleasure show...and I'm completely hooked.

Yep love the show too its unlike most teen dramas its really for everyone has a lot of mystery to it. I was watching it this morning on my DVR I have the season finale left but probably won't be able to watch that till later this week.

Quote Originally Posted by bellisimo View Post

im looking to fill the void which Everybody Hates Chris filled for me. I'm already aware of HIMYM, 2.5 Men, Community, 30 Rock, Modern Family, Weeds, Californication...open to suggestions outside of these

Have you ever watched Nurse Jackie on Showtime? Season #3 premier is on tonight. I really like the show. Give it a few episodes though to get into it. Not really a sitcom, but it is 30 minutes long and it is often funny. Great characters

I don't see The Middle on your list - that is really good as well.

Parks and Recreation which I didn't like when it first started, has really improved this season. if you watched it a year ago or two and didn't like it, give it another try it is better
    Last edited by Unclebuck; 03-28-2011 at 01:16 PM.

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Unclebuck For This Useful Post:

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by Unclebuck View Post
    Detroit 1-8-7
    Have no idea why the ratings were so low.
    I haven't seen it but... Serial shows, in general, die on network TV.
    * Most Humorous Poster Nominee (2004, 2005, 2010)
    * Off Topic Post of the Year Winner (2009)
    * Off Topic Thread of the Year Nominee (2010)

Formerly a naturallystoned, badinfluence...

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by bellisimo View Post

It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia
    Quote Originally Posted by Wikipedia
    The series follows "The Gang", a group of five depraved underachievers: siblings Dennis and Deandra "Sweet Dee" Reynolds, their friends Charlie Kelly and Mac, and Frank Reynolds, Dennis and Dee's adoptive father, who run Paddy's Pub, a run-down bar in South Philadelphia. They are dishonest, egotistical, selfish, greedy, unethical, disloyal, lazy, manipulative, maniacal, diabolical, deceitful, hypocritical, vengeful, remorseless, overly competitive, immature, antagonistic, and arrogant, and are often engaged in controversial issues. Episodes usually find them hatching elaborate schemes, conspiring against one another and others for personal gain, vengeance, or simply for the entertainment of watching each other's downfall. Their tactics often rely on inflicting emotional and sometimes physical pain on individuals both deserving and undeserving. They regularly use blackmail and manipulate one another and others outside of the group.

Their unity is not solid; any of them would quickly dump the others for quick profit or personal gain regardless of the consequences. Almost everything they do results in competition among themselves. Despite their lack of worldly success, the Gang generally maintain high opinions of themselves and display an often obsessive interest in their own reputations and public images. Despite this high sense of self worth, the Gang often have little sense of shame when attempting to get what they want and will often engage in activities which others would find humiliating, disgusting, or even preposterous, such as smoking crack cocaine in order to qualify for welfare, seducing a priest, or hiding inside a leather couch in order to spy on someone.
    * Most Humorous Poster Nominee (2004, 2005, 2010)
    * Off Topic Post of the Year Winner (2009)
    * Off Topic Thread of the Year Nominee (2010)

Formerly a naturallystoned, badinfluence...

Quote Originally Posted by Natston View Post
    I haven't seen it but... Serial shows, in general, die on network TV.

It is not a serial show. The cases are all self-contained. The stories about thepersonal lives of the police detectives are are more like a serial, but if you never watched the show before and just watched the season finale, you would have been up-to-speed and enjoyed what was going on.

it wasn't like 24 or Lost or even close. I would compare it to Justified in structure. Not a procedural, but not a serial, sort of a hybrid

It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia - it is funny, but the laughs IMO don't make it worth watching to me

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Unclebuck For This Useful Post:

[QUOTE=bellisimo;1203509]anyone watching any good 20-25 minute sitcoms these days?

[QUOTE]

The Middle is quickly becoming my favorite set in Indiana and really has the Hoosiers down pat.

Modern Family, Hot in Cleveland and Retired at 35.

I also watch The Game but its more of a drama than comedy

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Basketball Fan For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

I love Detroit 1 8 7

Quote Originally Posted by Unclebuck View Post
    Detroit 1-8-7

I love this show, it got better and better as the season went along. Just sad that it is over. Have no idea why the ratings were so low.
    Well the season is over.

I have not heard the show was canceled

Have you heard otherwise?

Quote Originally Posted by vapacersfan View Post
    Well the season is over.

I have not heard the show was canceled

Have you heard otherwise?

no official word, but the ratings were bad and got generally worse as the season went along. I dont see any chance the show is brought back by ABC.

I would love for one of the cable channels to pick it up, but that is unlikely because they would have to cut the cost of the show a lot and that typically doesn't happen, but that is the only possibility. Maybe AMC, FX will pick it up

I love Justified. I'm from the South and really miss parts of it up here in Berkeley. I don't have the accent, but the show makes me miss people who do. And the bourbon nearly always comes out.

There is just a polite candor that the show manages to capture that reminds me of home.

Oh God, Mad Men is in trouble and is already delayed....

http://tunedin.blogs.time.com/2011/0...rtising-drama/

Basketball isn't played with computers, spreadsheets, and simulations. ChicagoJ 4/21/13

Mood

Yeah Jon Hamm was saying they're past where they started shooting last year when he was on Comedy Death Ray Radio the other day. He didn't seem too pessimistic though.

woman without a team

On more than one occaison Detroit 187 got premepted for one thing or another...one was they stupid 20/20 think with Charlie Sheen. I don't know how the network could expect the shows rating to increase when it wasn't on every week.

It also doesn't help that I like the show. That's usually kiss of death for a new show on network TV.

You Did It Joseph!!!! AesopRockOn's Avatar
    Mood

Finished watching Firefly. Mixed feelings. On the one hand, most of the episodes are very entertaining. When that's happening, it's fine. But when it slows down, or lingers on something uninteresting (most of the subplots), it breaches into unintentional comedy. I suppose some of the issues may be budgetary but there are so many ****ing horses in the year 2500. And props and sets from John Ford movies with laser sound effects added in... Maybe if the show had spent more time on the world building, I would buy it. I would only recommend it if you go in with very low expectations.
    You Got The Tony!!!!!!

FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU!

MAD MEN delayed till MARCH 2012!

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-12905058

Quote Originally Posted by AesopRockOn View Post
    Finished watching Firefly. Mixed feelings. On the one hand, most of the episodes are very entertaining. When that's happening, it's fine. But when it slows down, or lingers on something uninteresting (most of the subplots), it breaches into unintentional comedy. I suppose some of the issues may be budgetary but there are so many ****ing horses in the year 2500. And props and sets from John Ford movies with laser sound effects added in... Maybe if the show had spent more time on the world building, I would buy it. I would only recommend it if you go in with very low expectations.
    I'm curious: What were some of the unintentional comedy moments, in your opinion?

An interesting post from a TV talent agent:

ABC

New Series:
    Better Together (AFTRA)
    Body of Proof (AFTRA)
    Detroit 1-8-7 (AFTRA)
    Happy Endings (AFTRA)
    My Generation (AFTRA)
    Mr. Sunshine (AFTRA)
    No Ordinary Family (AFTRA)
    Off the Map (AFTRA)
    The Whole Truth (AFTRA)

Returning Series
    Modern Family (AFTRA)
    Cougar Town (AFTRA)
    The Middle (SAG)
    Castle (SAG)
    Grey’s Anatomy (SAG)
    Private Practice (SAG)
    Desperate Housewives (SAG)
    Brothers & Sisters (SAG)
    V (SAG)

CBS

New Series
    Blue Bloods (AFTRA)
    The Defenders (AFTRA)
    Hawaii Five-0 (AFTRA)
    Mike & Molly (AFTRA)
    $#! My Dad Said (AFTRA)
    Mad Love (AFTRA)
    Criminal Minds spinoff (SAG)

Returning Series
    The Good Wife (AFTRA)
    Rules of Engagement (AFTRA)
    CSI (SAG)
    CSI: Miami (SAG)
    CSI: NY (SAG)
    NCIS (SAG)
    NCIS: LA (SAG)
    Two and a Half Men (SAG)
    How I Met Your Mother (SAG)
    The Big Bang Theory (SAG)
    Criminal Minds (SAG)
    The Mentalist (SAG)
    Medium (SAG)

FOX

New Series
    The Good Guys (AFTRA)
    Lonestar (AFTRA)
    Mixed Signals (AFTRA)
    Raising Hope (AFTRA)
    Ride-Along (AFTRA)
    Terra Nova (AFTRA)
    Bob’s Burgers (AFTRA)
    Running Wilde (SAG)

Returning Series
    Human Target (AFTRA)
    Glee (SAG)
    The Simpsons (SAG)
    Family Guy (SAG)
    American Dad (SAG)
    Bones (SAG)
    Fringe (SAG)
    House (SAG)
    Lie To Me (SAG)

NBC

New Series
    The Cape (AFTRA)
    The Event (AFTRA)
    Outlaw (AFTRA)
    Love Bites (AFTRA)
    Next (AFTRA)
    Outsourced (AFTRA)
    Perfect Couples (AFTRA)
    Undercovers (AFTRA)
    Friends with Benefits (AFTRA)
    Harry’s Law (AFTRA)
    Chase (AFTRA)
    Law & Order: Los Angeles (SAG)

Returning Series
    Community (AFTRA)
    Parenthood (AFTRA)
    Parks and Recreation (AFTRA)
    The Office (SAG)
    30 Rock (SAG)
    Chuck (SAG)
    Law & Order: SVU (SAG)

CW

New Series
    Hellcats (AFTRA)
    Nikita (SAG)

Returning Series
    Vampire Diaries (AFTRA)
    Life Unexpected (AFTRA)
    90210 (AFTRA)
    Smallville (SAG)
    Supernatural (SAG)
    Gossip Girl (SAG)
    One Tree Hill (SAG)

http://bbs.backstage.com/eve/forums/...61/m/949105803

Mood

Quote Originally Posted by Hicks View Post
    I'm curious: What were some of the unintentional comedy moments, in your opinion?
    I definitely don't want to offend anyone on this. I know the show has fans. I did enjoy parts of it.

That said, basically everything with River (the sister). (I'm not sure if the 14th episode was really supposed to be the finale, but it sure didn't close the show very well; I kind of laughed at how amazingly silly the plot holes became.) There was very little development of what she was and what actually happened; without the payoff, it seemed silly. She closes her eyes and becomes Clint Eastwood!

Also, every romance beat that they tried to play. Writing the doctor like a high school freshman and the prostitute (No, I will not use the term 'companion.' Or will I?) falling in love were so cliche and poorly done that laughter helped.

And again, the horses. Why are there horses? Why do the actors randomly speak Chinese, badly? Why the laser sound effects? Why is the super scary government so inept ()? Why is there still religion/race/poverty/cooking/American accents/cattle/HORSES!? At least in 2002 form; does nothing change/evolve/mature? It seems like all of the interesting things about science fiction are brushed aside and the writers just focused on making a light, conventional western set in space. And when I see silly/dumb stuff in movies and TV, I usually laugh instead of getting pissed off. Unless M. Night Shyamalan is involved.

P.S. The theme song is really stuck in my head!

P.P.S. I also think 'Previously On' and 'This is Our Story' segments are terrible and should only exist in parody. Firefly's were no different. Every time Nathan Fillion said "We even picked up a bona fide companion," I wanted to my own with a .

"The Wonder Years"

brought back memories growing up watching that show...

Quote Originally Posted by AesopRockOn View Post
    I definitely don't want to offend anyone on this. I know the show has fans. I did enjoy parts of it.

That said, basically everything with River (the sister). (I'm not sure if the 14th episode was really supposed to be the finale, but it sure didn't close the show very well; I kind of laughed at how amazingly silly the plot holes became.) There was very little development of what she was and what actually happened; without the payoff, it seemed silly. She closes her eyes and becomes Clint Eastwood!

Also, every romance beat that they tried to play. Writing the doctor like a high school freshman and the prostitute (No, I will not use the term 'companion.' Or will I?) falling in love were so cliche and poorly done that laughter helped.

And again, the horses. Why are there horses? Why do the actors randomly speak Chinese, badly? Why the laser sound effects? Why is the super scary government so inept ()? Why is there still religion/race/poverty/cooking/American accents/cattle/HORSES!? At least in 2002 form; does nothing change/evolve/mature? It seems like all of the interesting things about science fiction are brushed aside and the writers just focused on making a light, conventional western set in space. And when I see silly/dumb stuff in movies and TV, I usually laugh instead of getting pissed off. Unless M. Night Shyamalan is involved.

P.S. The theme song is really stuck in my head!

P.P.S. I also think 'Previously On' and 'This is Our Story' segments are terrible and should only exist in parody. Firefly's were no different. Every time Nathan Fillion said "We even picked up a bona fide companion," I wanted to my own with a .
    I suspected you watched them in the horribly ****ed up Fox order, and I'm guessing you did since you mention those awful "Previously On" segments which weren't on the DVDs. I'm sorry.
    Come to the Dark Side -- There's cookies!

27. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Kegboy For This Useful Post:

That was not meant to be the finale. The season would have had about 7 or so more episodes if they were going to match Buffy's usual 22 episodes per season format.

And if you watch the movie Serenity, it explains more.

29. The Following User Says Thank You to Hicks For This Useful Post:

My class mate was on Law and Order SVU last night

She played the gym teacher

Mood

I watched it on Netflix Watch Instantly just fyi. So however the order goes on that.

Just watched the pilot of The Larry Sanders Show. I'm impressed, though I guess I shouldn't be considering HBO's record with comedies. As a fan of Craig Ferguson, I feel like I will enjoy the show. There are many seasons.