Page 94 of 189 FirstFirst ... 4484909192939495969798104144 ... LastLast
Results 2,326 to 2,350 of 4721

Thread: What TV Show Did You Last Watch

Default Re: What TV Show Did You Last Watch

Quote Originally Posted by Unclebuck View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    A few more episodes of season #2 of Mad Men and Peggy is by far my favorite character.

This show gets under your skin

How could Duck just discard that dog like that. The look on the dogs face was so sad. The dog deserves an Emmy
    Peggy certainly is one of my favorites as well.

I really like Roger as well. In fact that show is filled with great characters.

Basketball isn't played with computers, spreadsheets, and simulations. ChicagoJ 4/21/13

Treme and The Corner

David Simon rocks!!!

I watched the Pilot episode of "lights out".

I'll mark it now, this one is going to be good. Very very interested to see where they go with this and what they do.

At first I thought it was going to be a Rocky 5 knockoff and there is some of that vibe to it, but overall I like the way he has his mind and there is a little Tony Soprano running around in there as well or maybe Vic Mackey either way it's interesting.

If you guy's haven't seen it yet, put it on your DVR list as I think it's worth it.

Basketball isn't played with computers, spreadsheets, and simulations. ChicagoJ 4/21/13

International Counter bellisimo's Avatar

watched the first episode of Boardwalk Empire.

I liked what i've seen so far - looks like this show has potential to be something that i'll like and follow.

Wow the Mad Men season #3 finale was unbelievable. That is one of the best alltime episodes of any TV show.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Unclebuck For This Useful Post:

Wow the Mad Men season #3 finale was unbelievable. That is one of the best alltime episodes of any TV show.
    Told ya.

Just finished the first season of Justified. Not as great as I thought it would be, but the pilot and finale were mighty fine television. Lots of very good moments in between, but a little lacking as a coherent whole.

Spoiler Spoiler:
    Come to the Dark Side -- There's cookies!

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Kegboy For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Kegboy View Post
    Just finished the first season of Justified. Not as great as I thought it would be, but the pilot and finale were mighty fine television. Lots of very good moments in between, but a little lacking as a coherent whole.

Spoiler Spoiler:
    Premiere of season 2 was pretty good as well. I still haven't watched the second ep. yet.

BTW, have you been watching lights out?

I cannot imagine ever liking Mad Men nearly as much as I love The Wire, Breaking Bad, Dexter, Damages.
    OK, I was wrong.

I still like The Wire the best without question.

After that I don't know. If someone stuck a gun to my head, I suppose I would put them in this order after the Wire. Breaking Bad, Mad Men, Dexter, and then Damages. But those 4 are a toss up and each one is completely unique. I would put Breaking Bad and Mad Men slightly ahead of the other two probably just because they are more memorable. But in a lot of ways Dexter and Damages are more watchable than BB and MM

OK, I was wrong.

I still like The Wire the best without question.

After that I don't know. If someone stuck a gun to my head, I suppose I would put them in this order after the Wire. Breaking Bad, Mad Men, Dexter, and then Damages. But those 4 are a toss up and each one is completely unique. I would put Breaking Bad and Mad Men slightly ahead of the other two probably just because they are more memorable. But in a lot of ways Dexter and Damages are more watchable than BB and MM
    Man I just dont' know what is wrong with me. For whatever reason I could never get into Breaking Bad. I love every other show you said though.

Quote Originally Posted by Peck View Post
    Man I just dont' know what is wrong with me. For whatever reason I could never get into Breaking Bad. I love every other show you said though.
    It takes awhile to get addicted to Breaking Bad (just like all of these shows) but maybe Breaking Bad takes the longest. I had to force myself through the first season and I almsot gave up several times. What sealed it for me was the episode (I think the last one of season #1 when Walt blows up Tuco's meth lab in one of the best scenes ever, I actually stood up and said now that is what I'm talking about - it was a great scene.

Peck, if you watched the whole first season (and maybe the first 2 or 3 of season #2) and still just didn't like it, then maybe the show just isn't for you, but atleast watch the whole first season 7 episodes

It takes awhile to get addicted to Breaking Bad (just like all of these shows) but maybe Breaking Bad takes the longest. I had to force myself through the first season and I almsot gave up several times. What sealed it for me was the episode (I think the last one of season #1 when Walt blows up Tuco's meth lab in one of the best scenes ever, I actually stood up and said now that is what I'm talking about - it was a great scene.

Peck, if you watched the whole first season (and maybe the first 2 or 3 of season #2) and still just didn't like it, then maybe the show just isn't for you, but atleast watch the whole first season 7 episodes
    I think I quit after episode 3 or 4. I'll probably go back and try again since you and I seem to like the same type of shows, I just must have not given it the right chance.

BTW, did you watch treme (or whatever it's called on HBO from the same people as the wire)?

That was just one show I could not do. I tried, really I did but my God the premier was so bad it took me almost two months to bring myself to watch another episode. I think I finally made it through two and quit mid way into the third one as I just could not take anymore.

I think I quit after episode 3 or 4. I'll probably go back and try again since you and I seem to like the same type of shows, I just must have not given it the right chance.

BTW, did you watch treme (or whatever it's called on HBO from the same people as the wire)?

That was just one show I could not do. I tried, really I did but my God the premier was so bad it took me almost two months to bring myself to watch another episode. I think I finally made it through two and quit mid way into the third one as I just could not take anymore.
    Have not watched any of Treme - heard it is very disconnected.

Yes you have to at least watch the first full season of Breaking Bad - it is only 7 episodes. It gets really good towards the end of season #1 even though the season was cut short due to the writers strike.

here were my comments shortly after I watched the episode that hooked me on the show

-------------------------------------------------

I know many of you have been watching Breaking Bad all along. But I watched the second to last episode of season #1 last night and that might have been the best ending I have ever seen. Type of ending that makes you want to jump up from couch and cheer, or at least give a fist pump and a Yes.

Seems weird to root for a drug dealer - but the show just got good

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Last edited by Unclebuck; 02-17-2011 at 05:23 PM.

International Counter bellisimo's Avatar

yup as far as TV shows go - currently on my watch list I have Dexter, Mad Men, Breaking Bad and recently Boardwalk Empire...im up to date with Dexter and Mad Men having seen all of them but still only on season 2 in Breaking Bad and just finished episode 3 of Boardwalk Empire

Smallville was the last show I watched. It was a good episode. It's almost over now.

Looking forward to a new season of Psych. Chopped on the food network is also very good.

Don't watch a whole lot of tv. Most of it sucks.
    With the #3 pick in the 2015 draft, your Indiana Pacers!

Breakout Kings

The reviews I've read have not been kind, but I enjoyed it. So many procedurals are terribly predictable, but I never saw the break in the case coming, nor the twist at the end.

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Breakout Kings

The reviews I've read have not been kind, but I enjoyed it. So many procedurals are terribly predictable, but I never saw the break in the case coming, nor the twist at the end.
    I hated it. I'm big into shows like that and I thought it was terrible. I guess I will stick with Criminal Minds

Breakout Kings

I liked this show as well. I can't wait till they are chasing T-Bag.

One question though, is Philly a one time only character? In the previews I only see the new actress, that would be a shame as I think her character had potential.

I haven't watched this week's episode yet, but so far I've been enjoying Chicago Code. It's being made by people involved with The Shield (Shawn Ryan) and Firefly (Tim Minear), by the way.

I liked this show as well. I can't wait till they are chasing T-Bag.

One question though, is Philly a one time only character? In the previews I only see the new actress, that would be a shame as I think her character had potential.
    Yep, she's only in the pilot. One of the reviews I read made the same complaint, that she had the most potential. She is being replaced by the gorgeous Serinda Swan (Zatana from Smallville), but I fear her character is just gonna be a knockoff of Jodi Lynn O'Keefe's from Prison Break.

woman without a team

I'll tell you what shows I haven't watched...anything on CBS. I have DISH. LIN Media that owns Channel 8 in Indy couldn't reach an agreement so now no CBS. Sure would like to know why LIN can never reach an agreement with a carrier before the contract runs out. Rat *******s.

You Did It Joseph!!!! AesopRockOn's Avatar
    Mood

Watching Firefly on Netflix. It's pretty good so far.
    You Got The Tony!!!!!!

The light, not the lie. kester99's Avatar
    Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by AesopRockOn View Post
    Watching Firefly on Netflix. It's pretty good so far.
    It's brilliant, eh.

----------

Just watched the first episode of The Grid (2004) miniseries...BBC / Fox. Not sure how I missed it in '04, but the first installment was very good. Terrorists, MI6, CIA stuff. Pretty well done. Dylan McDermott is the name I recognised, but the rest of the cast is a cut above his skill level.
    Last edited by kester99; 03-11-2011 at 04:30 AM.
    [~]) ... Cheers! Go Pacers!

Shiny.

Quote Originally Posted by grace View Post
    I'll tell you what shows I haven't watched...anything on CBS. I have DISH. LIN Media that owns Channel 8 in Indy couldn't reach an agreement so now no CBS. Sure would like to know why LIN can never reach an agreement with a carrier before the contract runs out. Rat *******s.
    Always got to have that backup antenna. Almost had a Super Bowl party ruined because of this many years ago. Lucky enough to have some old rabbit ears laying around.
    You know how hippos are made out to be sweet and silly, like big cows, but are actually extremely dangerous and can kill you with stunning brutality? The Pacers are the NBA's hippos....Matt Moore CBS Sports....