Page 91 of 185 FirstFirst ... 4181878889909192939495101141 ... LastLast
Results 2,251 to 2,275 of 4601

Thread: What TV Show Did You Last Watch

Default Re: What TV Show Did You Last Watch

Meh, to each their own. I like this seasons Dexter. Sure it's not last season but then again nothing will probably ever be able to top that as Lithgow was just a towering presence.

I think Juia Stiles has been decent in the role they are carving out for her. It will be interesting to see how far they can take her in the role. I mean once she has had revenge of her kidnappers will she then retire from the hunt or will it be in her blood and if so then will she be required to follow the code or will Dexter start to slip from the code (more than he already has)?

But I understand what all of you are saying & Bball pointed out good plot holes in his spoiler alert one of which I agree with 100%
    Spoiler Spoiler:

Basketball isn't played with computers, spreadsheets, and simulations. ChicagoJ 4/21/13

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Peck For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by Peck View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Meh, to each their own. I like this seasons Dexter. Sure it's not last season but then again nothing will probably ever be able to top that as Lithgow was just a towering presence.

I think Juia Stiles has been decent in the role they are carving out for her. It will be interesting to see how far they can take her in the role. I mean once she has had revenge of her kidnappers will she then retire from the hunt or will it be in her blood and if so then will she be required to follow the code or will Dexter start to slip from the code (more than he already has)?

But I understand what all of you are saying & Bball pointed out good plot holes in his spoiler alert one of which I agree with 100%
    Spoiler Spoiler:
    Julia Stiles is going to die, methinks.

Quote Originally Posted by cdash View Post
    Julia Stiles is going to die, methinks.
    Considering how the writers have taken the easy way out of what should be complicated situations her death would make things easier for Dexter.

So, she's probably going to get the blame for the killings. Maybe even turn herself in at the end and take all the blame... Doing it to save Dexter. Of course he'll lose his chance at a life with a soulmate when that happens.

Of course there's always the possibility Dexter realizes he has to kill her to protect himself because he can't trust she won't slip up.

Or the writers could go down a dark path with Lumen wanting Dexter to help her commit suicide to protect himself and save her from life in prison... or the electric chair...

So can he kill the woman he loves?

Or the writers could just take the easy way out and either allow the police to kill Lumen or Jordan Chase to do it... Of course if Jordan Chase would kill her in a scene reminiscent of Rita's death... Hmmmm

That would sure point some suspicion Dexter's way wouldn't it?

But then Trinity was never found so then maybe it wouldn't... It would just be seen as Trinity taunting police...
    Nuntius was right. I was wrong. Frank Vogel has retained his job.

------

"A player who makes a team great is more valuable than a great player. Losing yourself in the group, for the good of the group, thatís teamwork."

-John Wooden

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Season Finale of Sons of Anarchy. Good Stuff.

Spoiler Spoiler:
    * Most Humorous Poster Nominee (2004, 2005, 2010)
    * Off Topic Post of the Year Winner (2009)
    * Off Topic Thread of the Year Nominee (2010)

Formerly a naturallystoned, badinfluence...

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Natston For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Bball View Post
    Considering how the writers have taken the easy way out of what should be complicated situations her death would make things easier for Dexter.

So, she's probably going to get the blame for the killings. Maybe even turn herself in at the end and take all the blame... Doing it to save Dexter. Of course he'll lose his chance at a life with a soulmate when that happens.

Of course there's always the possibility Dexter realizes he has to kill her to protect himself because he can't trust she won't slip up.

Or the writers could go down a dark path with Lumen wanting Dexter to help her commit suicide to protect himself and save her from life in prison... or the electric chair...

So can he kill the woman he loves?

Or the writers could just take the easy way out and either allow the police to kill Lumen or Jordan Chase to do it... Of course if Jordan Chase would kill her in a scene reminiscent of Rita's death... Hmmmm

That would sure point some suspicion Dexter's way wouldn't it?

But then Trinity was never found so then maybe it wouldn't... It would just be seen as Trinity taunting police...
    Nice. I like where your head is at.

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo

I like the Lumen character, I hope she survives. She's the prefect damaged soul mate for Dexter.

I don't think there is anyway Dexter could kill Lumen, he couldn't kill her before he got to know her, he certainly wouldn't now.

I just hope Jordan Chase and RoboCop get what they got coming.
    "Just look at the flowers ........ BANG"

Mood

Quote Originally Posted by Natston View Post
    Season Finale of Sons of Anarchy. Good Stuff.

Spoiler Spoiler:
    Spoiler Spoiler:

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Hicks For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Hoop View Post
    I like the Lumen character, I hope she survives. She's the prefect damaged soul mate for Dexter.

I don't think there is anyway Dexter could kill Lumen, he couldn't kill her before he got to know her, he certainly wouldn't now.

I just hope Jordan Chase and RoboCop get what they got coming.
    Is that asshat ex-cop goon RoboCop?

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by cdash View Post
    Is that asshat ex-cop goon RoboCop?
    Yes, Peter Weller, I loved all those cheesy RoboCop movies. I couldn't think of his character's name on Dexter.
    "Just look at the flowers ........ BANG"

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Hoop For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Hoop View Post
    Yes, Peter Weller, I loved all those cheesy RoboCop movies. I couldn't think of his character's name on Dexter.
    I was thinking he was a professor now and not acting any longer... So I was surprised when he popped up on Dexter and started chewing up the scenes.

------

"A player who makes a team great is more valuable than a great player. Losing yourself in the group, for the good of the group, thatís teamwork."

-John Wooden

Weller is a contributor to the History Channel in several productions, credited as "Peter Weller, Syracuse University," where he is an adjunct faculty member. He is a graduate student in art history at UCLA, focusing on the Italian Renaissance. Weller also hosts the series Engineering an Empire for the network.
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Peter_Weller

------

-John Wooden

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Finished watching the 5-part premiere of Transformers: Prime. It surpassed my expectations, if only by a little. I liked it enough to want to watch it when it becomes a regular show in February, just to see where the show goes.

The zombie transformers idea was fresh. Just hope they don't make a regular habit of it. And the cast needs to be much, much bigger. Five Autobots (six if you count Cliffjumper's 5-minute existence) and three Decepticons plus a bunch of generic drones was by far the biggest disappointment.

Quote Originally Posted by Bball View Post

That scenario seems very likely, but....

Spoiler Spoiler:

Smallville

This season has been good, but this last episode put it over the top. I always enjoyed Lionel, and in a lot of ways I think he was a better villian than Lex.
    Spoiler Spoiler:
    Come to the Dark Side -- There's cookies!

Quote Originally Posted by Kegboy View Post
    Smallville

This season has been good, but this last episode put it over the top. I always enjoyed Lionel, and in a lot of ways I think he was a better villian than Lex.
    Spoiler Spoiler:
    Damn straight.

Spoiler Spoiler:

Basketball isn't played with computers, spreadsheets, and simulations. ChicagoJ 4/21/13

I thought tonight's Dexter was pretty good. Talk about a lot happening fast...

------

-John Wooden

21. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Bball For This Useful Post:

Is anybody watch The Walking Dead? No? Go watch it now. I don't care what you're doing or whether it's on or not. Drop everything that you are doing and go find a way to watch it.

23. The Following User Says Thank You to rexnom For This Useful Post:

I've always been facinated by TV ratings. Often surprised by what people watch.

But looking at this link, total viewers matters very little, it is the age of the viewers that determines how much is paid for an ad. And explains why shows are cancelled.

http://adage.com/article?article_id=146495#mon

I won't bore you with the numbers. But a show like NCIS which has a much older audience, although it is the highest rated drama on TV and has about twice as many total viewers as a show like Glee - a 30 second ad for NCIS costs $150K, while a 30 second ad for Glee costs $272K. That is a huge difference and reason being Glee does great in the 18-34 age grouop and pretty well in the 18-49

Similar thing with the Office vs CSI. CSI has a lot more total viewers. But a 30second spot ofior CSI is $147K and for the Ofice it is $213K
    Last edited by Unclebuck; 12-06-2010 at 08:55 AM.

25. The Following User Says Thank You to Unclebuck For This Useful Post:

streets ahead

Not surprising, but ****.

FX cancels 'Terriers'
    BY ALAN SEPINWALL - Quality was incredibly high, ratings were pathetically low for underdog detective drama

FX sold "Terriers" with the tagline "too small to fail." It's a line that has sadly proved ironic, as FX has decided not to renew the show for a second season, due to ratings that could only charitably be called "small."

The finale drew 784,000 viewers, which was one of the show's bigger audiences. Many episodes averaged around 500,000, and that number just isn't viable, even on basic cable. Even when I wrote my Save "Terriers" piece, I feared deep down that even FX president John Landgraf, one of the business' biggest champions of quality TV, couldn't rationalize keeping the show around.

Landgraf is actually doing something fairly rare in the business: he's doing a conference call later this afternoon to discuss the cancellation - and no doubt to lament the fact that it didn't do well enough to stick around. Because as you and I have said many, many times, the show itself was fantastic, and deserving of a much better fate and bigger audience.

I'll have a second write-up after the Landgraf call, and possibly with some comment from Shawn Ryan and/or Ted Griffin if they're available. But like I said in my review of the series finale, we still have these great 13 episodes, and we'll still always have Hank and Britt in the pickup, waiting to decide whether to go straight or turn left. And that's something.

http://www.hitfix.com/blogs/whats-al...ncels-terriers

27. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to avoidingtheclowns For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by avoidingtheclowns View Post
    Not surprising, but ****.
    Well hell....

FX deserves some of the blame though for this because I did not think the advertisements for the show met the reality of the show at all.

Also I know this is going to sound crazy but I think the theme music for the show was awful. Did not fit the show at all & in fact if I never actually watched the show the music would lead me to believe that it was some other type of show altogether. Way to light hearted for the actual content of the show.

But that is just me.

Sadly this ended up being a kick @ss show but like you said not suprising. Kind of like Rubicon, even though it was a good show you could see the writing on the wall.

29. The Following User Says Thank You to Peck For This Useful Post:

streets ahead

Yup. The marketing was screwy. And the name was terrible. Though I had no problem with the opening credits music - I had no idea that type of thing would really be that important to (potential) viewers. I was just talking with a friend about how the music over the Human Target opening credits was changed from season 1 to season 2. I was saying how ridiculous it was for a producer to suggest "You know what would save our ratings? New theme music!" But maybe they were onto something.

They were onto the idea that it could work. They obviously weren't onto an idea what would end up improving Human Target's ratings.
    Last edited by avoidingtheclowns; 12-06-2010 at 12:50 PM.

31. The Following User Says Thank You to avoidingtheclowns For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by avoidingtheclowns View Post
    Yup. The marketing was screwy. And the name was terrible. Though I had no problem with the opening credits music - I had no idea that type of thing would really be that important to (potential) viewers. I was just talking with a friend about how the music over the Human Target opening credits was changed from season 1 to season 2. I was saying how ridiculous it was for a producer to suggest "You know what would save our ratings? New theme music!" But maybe they were onto something.

They were onto the idea that it could work. They obviously weren't onto an idea what would end up improving Human Target's ratings.
    Yea, I never thought about that but in retrospect you are 100% correct the name Terriers was horrible.

A good theme song may or may not make a show but it can't hurt. There are some shows who's music stood the test of time and automatically is identified with the show and ususally the actor/actors for the rest of time.

Going back in time who to this day can not hear the haunting whistling at the beginning of the Andy Griffith show or the drum beat and then music entrance of Hogan's Hero's. Or the haunting melody of Hill Street Blues or the up tempo beat of Miami Vice or the dramatic opening of The Soprano's?

A show will stand and fall by it's own merits usually, but a great intro goes a long long way.

Quote Originally Posted by Peck View Post
    Damn straight.

Spoiler Spoiler:
    Spoiler Spoiler:
    Come to the Dark Side -- There's cookies!

Quote Originally Posted by Kegboy View Post
    Spoiler Spoiler:
    Spoiler Spoiler:

Mood

Too bad about Terriers; I liked it. I dug the opening music, but I agree it doesn't fit terribly well. Still fits 100x better than the ridiculous title, though.

36. The Following User Says Thank You to Hicks For This Useful Post: