Page 85 of 185 FirstFirst ... 357581828384858687888995135 ... LastLast
Results 2,101 to 2,125 of 4618

Thread: What TV Show Did You Last Watch

Default Re: What TV Show Did You Last Watch

Quote Originally Posted by Stryder View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Degrassi.

Yeah, I know
    That's SO funny you said that. I've been catching up on Degrassi, The Boiling Point. (I just got done watching a couple of episodes) I've watched that show off and on for YEARS. One of my strange, guilty pleasures. Glad to know I'm not the only one to fess up. . For a show aimed at teens, if they only knew a 40 something, married guy ahs been a faithful watcher for years....lol
    Hey! What're you kicking me for? You want me to ask? All right, I'll ask! Ma'am, where do the high school girls hang out in this town?

Nerd.
    Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by Skaut_Ech View Post
    That's SO funny you said that. I've been catching up on Degrassi, The Boiling Point. (I just got done watching a couple of episodes) I've watched that show off and on for YEARS. One of my strange, guilty pleasures. Glad to know I'm not the only one to fess up. . For a show aimed at teens, if they only knew a 40 something, married guy ahs been a faithful watcher for years....lol
    I've actually watched every episode of The Boiling Point so far. It is also one of my guilty pleasures. Ha. I'm waiting for the eventual school lockdown, which had been advertised. I've seen pretty much every episode of the last 9 seasons. I thought I was strange for watching it and I'm 28, so I checked out the demographics at some of the forums and boards dedicated to the show. You'd be surprised how many adults even post on them. Ha.

I am curious: for those of you who watch both Dexter and Breaking Bad
    which show do you like more.

I have watched the first three seasons of Dexter and the first season and a half of Breaking Bad. I like them both a lot, both great, great acting by the leads

I think I like Dexter slightly more. Plots are better?. Although Breaking Bad's ironic humor is tough to beat.

thoughts?
    Last edited by Unclebuck; 08-10-2010 at 08:10 AM.

International Counter bellisimo's Avatar

I have watched all episodes of Dexter while with Breaking Bad, I only finished episode 4 in season 2.

I like both shows...both of the main characters have a "dark passenger" in a sense...however for me Dexter edges out Breaking Bad in the end. There is still a lot of episodes for me to watch on Breaking Bad, but I'm having difficulties justifying the actions the main character is doing considering just how annoying his family is to me. Its like they don't deserve it.

With Dexter, there are great supporting casts/etc, however that show will rise and fall with Dexter. With Dexter, I have no problem watching all episodes one after another, however with Breaking Bad...I just feel the need to take a break from it. Maybe cause it feels a bit more intense...

Finally watched the pilot of Rubicon, and it's already got me seeing conspiracies.

The protagonist's name is Will Travers. The man who commits suicide at the beginning is played by the same actor who played Quintin Travers on Buffy the Vampire Slayer, starting in the third season. All of a sudden, Hicks' avatar is the cover to the dvd box set for the third season of, you guessed it, Buffy.

Hicks is one of them.

Now, I know I'm not long for this world after finding this revelation. And yes, after disposing of me, Hicks will delete this message. But anyone who reads this beforehand, get out now.
    Come to the Dark Side -- There's cookies!

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Kegboy For This Useful Post:

And here I thought I'd been accused of just about anything I was going to ever be accused of on PD....

Btw, Travers showed up in Season 2 (Halloween episode with the costumes, remember?)

I think you're thinking of Ethan Rayne, I'm talking about the head of the council.

Uh, I mean, Aack! Get away from me! You're not hitting me with a train!

I should say, I never figured you for working for a think tank. Cudos on being a big bad who's not a PMC, though. I appreciate that.

Ah, yes. My bad.

Just saw episode two of Rubicon. Will be watching more.

Breaking Bad is better than Dexter, especially now that Rita is...

Just finished season #2 of Breaking Bad . What a great show. Once again it proves how much better a show can be when it takes its time developing its characters and storylines over many episodes. I'm glad cable is still doing these type of shows even though ABC, NBC, Fox and CBS have almost completely stopped. Although I blame the viewers

Weeds S01 E01

13. The Following User Says Thank You to cgg For This Useful Post:

Mad Men.

Best drama on television.

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

I'm 2 episodes behind now, wife and I watch together and she didn't see last weeks so we couldn't watch tonight, will catch up on On Demand sometime this week.

Oh, and the product placement in tonight's Entourage was annoying as ****.

International Counter bellisimo's Avatar

which product placement? im guessing you mean all of it...no?

Quote Originally Posted by rexnom View Post
    Mad Men.

Best drama on television.
    This season is sooooooooooooooooooooooo much better than last season. I mean I like looking at January Jones as much as the next guy but my God is her character boring.

Basketball isn't played with computers, spreadsheets, and simulations. ChicagoJ 4/21/13

19. The Following User Says Thank You to Peck For This Useful Post:

I have been going back over the sci fi shows I passed on during the 90's. So far I have watched all of the Stargate shows, Babylon 5 and farscape.

I am now beginning my journey into Andromeda. Anyone ever watch it?

Basketball isn't played with computers, spreadsheets, and simulations. ChicagoJ 4/21/13

I did. The first season was pretty good, but soon thereafter the creator was pushed out and it rapidly went downhill. By the end I'd stopped watching because it pretty much became Hercules in Space. Lexa Doig is hot as all hell, though.

You watch Earth: Final Conflict?

[edit] I just went and read the Wiki on Andromeda. I forgot it went 5 seasons. I stopped watching after season 3, it sounds truly abysmal after that. The creator left halfway through the second season, and it's as I remembered, it seems he was forced out by a Kevin Sorbo ego trip. I stopped watching because Tyr left, but I really can't recommend watching past season 2.

[edit2] Forget my audience. I should have mentioned the creator in question is Robert Hewitt Wolfe, previously of DS9.
    Last edited by Kegboy; 08-17-2010 at 09:16 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Kegboy View Post
    I did. The first season was pretty good, but soon thereafter the creator was pushed out and it rapidly went downhill. By the end I'd stopped watching because it pretty much became Hercules in Space. Lexa Doig is hot as all hell, though.

You watch Earth: Final Conflict?

[edit] I just went and read the Wiki on Andromeda. I forgot it went 5 seasons. I stopped watching after season 3, it sounds truly abysmal after that. The creator left halfway through the second season, and it's as I remembered, it seems he was forced out by a Kevin Sorbo ego trip. I stopped watching because Tyr left, but I really can't recommend watching past season 2.

[edit2] Forget my audience. I should have mentioned the creator in question is Robert Hewitt Wolfe, previously of DS9.
    Yea that was the very first thing I noticed last night when I saw the premier was that RHW was both the producer and writer of the pilot.

Also if you are interested in RHW works right now he is doing the tv show "The Gates" which has been very entertaining summer fair so far.

As to Earth: final conflict? Nope, I never watched and in fact I forgot all about it. That will be next on my list. Thanks for reminding me.

E:FC was never as good as Andromeda, but it was never as bad, either.

[edit] Another show Wolfe worked on was The 4400, which I would highly recommend.

Quote Originally Posted by Kegboy View Post
    E:FC was never as good as Andromeda, but it was never as bad, either.

[edit] Another show Wolfe worked on was The 4400, which I would highly recommend.
    To late on the 4400 I watched it weekly live. Still pissed that they just up and canceled it without a final season.

Do you know if Ira Steven Behr is doing anything?

IMDB says he produced Crash on Showtime, but nothing since.

Mood

Unfortunately it was Reba on the lifetime network. Wife has the remote tonight and I get the kids for some time with daddy evening.

The light, not the lie. kester99's Avatar
    Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Rubicon -- holding off until I can see more than one episode per week. When there'a full season, yeah, definitely. I watched the first 15 minutes of the first episode and it seemed very promising, but I have no patience in this Hulu, bittorrent era, with weekly installments.

Veronica Mars -- Not a show I would ever have watched without Pig Nash's endorsement in this thread. Most excellent. Clever writing, and I was introduced to some music I didn't know, as well. Watched all the seasons, and of course am totally honked that it just stops in the middle of a crisis. Such is TV.

Breaking Bad -- Another one I wouldn't have watched without the endorsements in this thread...but what an excellent series. Better than The Wire, as far as I'm concerned. Just now finished Season 3, and now have to wait for July 2011 for Season 4. Oof.
    [~]) ... Cheers! Go Pacers!

Quote Originally Posted by kester99 View Post
    Veronica Mars -- Not a show I would ever have watched without Pig Nash's endorsement in this thread. Most excellent. Clever writing, and I was introduced to some music I didn't know, as well. Watched all the seasons, and of course am totally honked that it just stops in the middle of a crisis. Such is TV.
    On the third season DVD, one of the "extras" is the pitch they made to the network for Season 4. It seems that they "accelerated time" somewhat, and Veronica is now appears to be a rookie in the FBI. It's about a 15-20 minute featurette, and it's pretty bad.

Season 1 was fantastic, I thought Seasons 2 and 3 were much better than average TV, but you could see where they were getting pushed to make it more episodic and commercial. Season 4 looked like it might turn into a completely different, significantly less likable show.