Page 77 of 185 FirstFirst ... 276773747576777879808187127177 ... LastLast
Results 1,901 to 1,925 of 4619

Thread: What TV Show Did You Last Watch

Cheeseburger in Paradise Los Angeles's Avatar

Default Re: What TV Show Did You Last Watch

Quote Originally Posted by Unclebuck View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I think I could disconnect my cable for July and August. Does that count? Is that good enough. But could I do it during the NBA playoffs, no, or anytime during the NBA season, no.

Living in LA probably makes it easier than if if lived in Indiana and it is 12 degrees in the middle of January.

But I respect what you did, and once the playoffs are over my TV watching decreases a great deal
    Sure, July and August count.

I don't miss winter one bit. I always gained a lot of weight, got out of shape, stared at the TV for hours and frankly got really bummed out.

Moving here was an intentional life overhaul, and 6 years later, it's still in progress. I'm becoming more and more Californian all the time. But my friends still make fun of my Hoosier accent.

BACK ON TOPIC: Just saw episode 8 of The Pacific. This episode was an absolutely masterful display of storytelling. You have to stick through it, I can see how most of the episode would be considered somewhat boring but believe me, there's a payoff.
    “Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts.” - Winston Churchill

“If you can't be a good example, then you'll just have to serve as a horrible warning.” - Catherine Aird

Quote Originally Posted by Los Angeles View Post
    BACK ON TOPIC: Just saw episode 8 of The Pacific. This episode was an absolutely masterful display of storytelling. You have to stick through it, I can see how most of the episode would be considered somewhat boring but believe me, there's a payoff.

I opened this thread to post almost exactly what you just posted.

100% agree.
    Nuntius was right. I was wrong. Frank Vogel has retained his job.

------

"A player who makes a team great is more valuable than a great player. Losing yourself in the group, for the good of the group, that’s teamwork."

-John Wooden

Finished Arrested Development.

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by Hicks View Post
    I've now seen seasons 1 through 4 of the Shield. I'm so glad I took the time. I loved having Glenn Close this "year". She was excellent. Makes me look forward to checking out Damages later because she's great on television.

Don't tell me anything about the final 3 years, please.

I should get season 5 disc 1 in the mail tomorrow.
    You're in for a treat with Forest Whitaker in for this season, and the beginning of the end for the Strike Team.

Just finished season 5 of The Shield.

I thought it was certainly weaker than season 4, but the last stretch of episodes picked up some steam for a stronger finish.

I dont want to get directly into a spoilers conversation until i finish season 7, so ill leave it at this:

Its amazing how far Shane has come from being so upset over what happened back in the pilot episode.

Fringe

All kinds of awesome. The preview for next week has me practically drooling with anticipation.

Spoiler Spoiler:
    Come to the Dark Side -- There's cookies!

Mood

Working my way thru season 3 of Rescue Me.

Just finished Episode 9 of "The Pacific".

Excellent stuff!
    Nuntius was right. I was wrong. Frank Vogel has retained his job.

------

"A player who makes a team great is more valuable than a great player. Losing yourself in the group, for the good of the group, that’s teamwork."

-John Wooden

Finished season 6 of the Shield. Didn't particularly thrill me, but Im definitely interested to see how this all finishes up. I have some guesses, but well see.

Been watching a lot of stuff lately, Mostly NBA playoffs, but I watched Survivor and the Office and I have been catching up on Park and Recreation.

If you haven't watched the latest episode of Community, you haven't lived. One of the best episodes of any show in the last few years. Absolutely hilarious.
    Don't ask Marvin Harrison what he did during the bye week. "Batman never told where the Bat Cave is," he explained.

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Suaveness For This Useful Post:

Treme episode 4. I liked it. I think it is starting to get a little better, characters are starting to be defined more and it is easier to follow along to.

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by Suaveness View Post
    If you haven't watched the latest episode of Community, you haven't lived. One of the best episodes of any show in the last few years. Absolutely hilarious.
    Completely agree. Love the show!

I expected UB to have a pretty good post about Friday Night Lights being back on but????

I'm getting ready to watch it online. Hopefully they didn't lose anything during the layoff or whatever you want to call it.

Why do I keep watching this season of 24? I feel like the guy in a relationship that keeps taking back the girl that cheats on him thinking she has changed. Every time I watch the previews I think it will not be that bad, but then I watch an I am just so disappointed. I guess I keep watching becuase I watched every season so I might as well see it through to the end.

Also I have been watching the series on the history channel about the US. I am kind of disappointed in that as well. I thought they would get more people who are educated on history, but instead we just get some popular people of today.

Quote Originally Posted by thewholefnshow31 View Post
    Why do I keep watching this season of 24? I feel like the guy in a relationship that keeps taking back the girl that cheats on him thinking she has changed. Every time I watch the previews I think it will not be that bad, but then I watch an I am just so disappointed. I guess I keep watching becuase I watched every season so I might as well see it through to the end.

Also I have been watching the series on the history channel about the US. I am kind of disappointed in that as well. I thought they would get more people who are educated on history, but instead we just get some popular people of today.
    Agree on both counts.

To be honest with you 24 should have been shut down several years ago because they are just using the same formula over and over and over and over and over and over......

On the other hand The Tudors is chugging along and so far this season has been entertaining. Since this is the last season for it I am wondering how they will bring this to a close.

Basketball isn't played with computers, spreadsheets, and simulations. ChicagoJ 4/21/13

FNL, I love that show. Budget cuts have forced several of the former stars to leave the show, but still love to show

24, Lost, V and Fast Forward. But it looks like I won't be watching any of these come next season as most or all will be history.

BTW, for those of you that are trying to catch up on previous seasons of your favorite shows....It was just announced that all Hollywood Video and Movie Gallery stores across the country will be closing soon. I happened upon a couple of stores closing a few weeks ago during what was an initial phase of closures, I guess. I visited them a few times before they closed Bottom line is that each store will start with a price reduction for all previously viewed DVDs, including TV shows. Each week they will increase the discount. By the last week, most PV DVDs are $1 each; the last day they will discount to 49 cents each, but pickings will be slim. I could have snatched Season 7 of 24 for $16 but waited a couple of days too long, and it was gone when I went back. My advice is to go a week or so before the store closes, for a decent selection. Several Blockbusters around the country are closing down as well. So there will be some good deals to be had.

Quote Originally Posted by Peck View Post
    Agree on both counts.

To be honest with you 24 should have been shut down several years ago because they are just using the same formula over and over and over and over and over and over......

On the other hand The Tudors is chugging along and so far this season has been entertaining. Since this is the last season for it I am wondering how they will bring this to a close.
    If I had my way 24 would have ended after season 4 when Jack faked his own death. The only other way to end it I thought was to kill him off. I thought him walking into the sunset would have been the perfect ending for the series. He finally gets to walk away from everything and start a new life after losing about everything that was important to him.

Now what should be a dramatic ending to the series will probably just be some big let down. Killing Jack off will not have as much intensity behind it as if they did it in season 4 or 5. Having him go back with Kim to start his life again will be so bland.

Just finished up The Shield.

Spoiler Spoiler:

It ended strong those last several episodes, and I'm glad for that. Not how I would have figured it back when I was watching the first 4 seasons. It got weaker these last three years, but there were still strong moments (again, including the end).

When I decided to dive into this series, initially it was about what I was expecting and more, so I was really enjoying myself. The way things end up, I mean, it fits, it really does, and I'm not upset by it
    Spoiler Spoiler:
    , but man, that wasn't what I would have guessed in the first half of the series. They took what used to be the fun of it all for me
    Spoiler Spoiler:
    and just turned it on itself.

I just watched the last seven episodes all afternoon/evening long. I'm spent.

Just finished up The Shield.

Spoiler Spoiler:

It ended strong those last several episodes, and I'm glad for that. Not how I would have figured it back when I was watching the first 4 seasons. It got weaker these last three years, but there were still strong moments (again, including the end).

When I decided to dive into this series, initially it was about what I was expecting and more, so I was really enjoying myself. The way things end up, I mean, it fits, it really does, and I'm not upset by it
    Spoiler Spoiler:
    , but man, that wasn't what I would have guessed in the first half of the series. They took what used to be the fun of it all for me
    Spoiler Spoiler:
    and just turned it on itself.

I just watched the last seven episodes all afternoon/evening long. I'm spent.
    Yea I loved that show. However I guess I am somewhat confused by your being able to like the Shield based on Vic yet you don't like Dexter based on Dexter?

Basketball isn't played with computers, spreadsheets, and simulations. ChicagoJ 4/21/13

23. The Following User Says Thank You to Peck For This Useful Post:

*edit* Bah. I've written and re-written a response multiple times, but I give up. I think the difference between the two is obvious, I'm somewhat stunned you even asked that question, and I don't feel like putting any more energy into trying to explain it when I don't even think it should require an explanation.

Maybe they lighten Dexter up as it goes along, but I want no part of who I saw in the pilot.

*edit* Bah. I've written and re-written a response multiple times, but I give up. I think the difference between the two is obvious, I'm somewhat stunned you even asked that question, and I don't feel like putting any more energy into trying to explain it when I don't even think it should require an explanation.

Maybe they lighten Dexter up as it goes along, but I want no part of who I saw in the pilot.
    Not trying to be difficult here but you do remember that Vic shot in the face and killed a fellow police officer in the pilot right? He did this because the officer was a federal plant to investigate the strike team for selling drugs, offering protection to drug dealers, violence and intimidation, police brutality and overall thinking they were above the law.

But to answer your question, yes they lighten up Dexter (to a point) quite a bit over the years as there is really a lot of humor in the show.

But at the end of the day both characters are the same in a way. They both think what they do is right and for reasons they believe that are proper, however both at the end are villains no matter how they want to slice it. You can add Jack Bauer into that list as well as far as I'm concerned.

26. The Following User Says Thank You to Peck For This Useful Post:

Maybe, but what they do is not identical.

I did not realize that David Simon and Ed Burns were the two behind Generation Kill. I enjoyed that series but now knowing it was those two makes a lot more sense for how slow that series was and how it just sorted of ended.