Results 1,751 to 1,775 of 4606

Thread: What TV Show Did You Last Watch

Nerd.
    Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Default Re: What TV Show Did You Last Watch

Quote Originally Posted by Unclebuck View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Anyone watch Nurse Jackie. Was watching the first 4 episodes and after watching the pilot I really didn't want to continue watching, but we decided to watch 1 more half hour ep. and slowly the chracters drew me in. Not a great show but somehwat involving, will watch the rest. Good idea that the episodes are only 30 minutes.

I would recommend it if you like dark humor and involving characters
    Yes, Nurse Jackie is pretty good. Dark humor, indeed.

International Counter bellisimo's Avatar

Watched the first 3 episodes of How to Make it in America
    its by the same people as Entourage - so if you like that one, chances are you'll give this one a chance...

I've been watching several episodes of Pawn Stars on the History Channel and enjoying it.

Still enjoying Damages not sure why I enjoy the show so much. In some ways is has the feel of a soap opera, but it is addicting and I can't wait to see where it goes next. I am captivated by each scene even though as a whole it isn't great

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by Hicks View Post
    I've been watching several episodes of Pawn Stars on the History Channel and enjoying it.
    Great show.

Still enjoying Damages not sure why I enjoy the show so much. In some ways is has the feel of a soap opera, but it is addicting and I can't wait to see where it goes next. I am captivated by each scene even though as a whole it isn't great
    Maybe it's because I don't watch soap opera's but I just don't see how you get that vibe from this show.

You like the show because it is well written, wonderfully acted and always has an edge to it. You don't know who is good, who is bad and at the end of the day who will do what.

The one thing I do know is that Martin Short has been brilliant as a dead serious lawyer.

Actually this show has given a couple of actors who primarily play either comedy or at the very least light hearted characters the ability to stretch out and do some serious acting.

I absolutely loved Ted Danson in his role in season one. I thought it was brilliant.

I am really looking forward to justified coming march. The promos make it look kind of like another in the long line of action cop shows, but the actors I have seen associated with it are connected to two of my favorite shows (Deadwood & the Shield).

Basketball isn't played with computers, spreadsheets, and simulations. ChicagoJ 4/21/13

Mood

Quote Originally Posted by Peck View Post
    I am really looking forward to justified coming march. The promos make it look kind of like another in the long line of action cop shows, but the actors I have seen associated with it are connected to two of my favorite shows (Deadwood & the Shield).
    Yep same here, and I'm very intrigued by Damages but I 'd want to start from the beginning.

_________

Has anyone been watching SouthLAnd? I caught the first season a couple of months ago, and I'm really liking it. The second season is starting up...

Maybe it's because I don't watch soap opera's but I just don't see how you get that vibe from this show.

You like the show because it is well written, wonderfully acted and always has an edge to it. You don't know who is good, who is bad and at the end of the day who will do what.

The one thing I do know is that Martin Short has been brilliant as a dead serious lawyer.

Actually this show has given a couple of actors who primarily play either comedy or at the very least light hearted characters the ability to stretch out and do some serious acting.

I absolutely loved Ted Danson in his role in season one. I thought it was brilliant.
    I have only seen season 3, or the first half of season three. I didn't mean to describe it like a soap opera in a bad way. it is well written, acted and it is very compelling. I cannot wait to see season 1 I've heard that was great, heard season 2 wasn't as good.

Yeah, Martin Short IMO is the best thing on the show right now. He's been great, I can't wait until he's in a scene.

I love the show

I've been watching my blu-rays of Terminator (TSCC) over the last couple of weeks, and before that I was starting to get into the Shield.

Regarding the Shield, I've seen the first handful or so of episodes, and while I'm usually not a watcher of cop shows, I like this one because of the lead character.

My God guys, seriousley. If you have not watched the first two seasons of damages you have to DVR the rest of season 3 and store them the rest of the season.

Go get seasons 1 & 2 and watch them first. You are missing the entire point of the show by not seeing them. I'm not kidding. You have no idea of the history between Patty & Ellen and that is the entire point of the show.

You just think Patty is an ambitious lawyer right now.

I'm not joking, don't watch another live episode because I've seen the preview for next week and you will have no idea why something is happening that is going to happen.

Also Season 1 was by far and away the best, 100 times better than season 3 so far and 3 is very good.

Basketball isn't played with computers, spreadsheets, and simulations. ChicagoJ 4/21/13

Mood

Regarding the Shield, I've seen the first handful or so of episodes, and while I'm usually not a watcher of cop shows, I like this one because of the lead character.
    I would highly recommend you watch the rest of them then as well as picking up Sons of Anarchy(which is done by some of the same people who did the The Shield).

My God guys, seriousley. If you have not watched the first two seasons of damages you have to DVR the rest of season 3 and store them the rest of the season.

Go get seasons 1 & 2 and watch them first. You are missing the entire point of the show by not seeing them. I'm not kidding. You have no idea of the history between Patty & Ellen and that is the entire point of the show.

You just think Patty is an ambitious lawyer right now.

I'm not joking, don't watch another live episode because I've seen the preview for next week and you will have no idea why something is happening that is going to happen.

Also Season 1 was by far and away the best, 100 times better than season 3 so far and 3 is very good.

Well now you tell me.

Ok, I will. need to watch seasons 1 and 2 before

Well now you tell me.

Ok, I will. need to watch seasons 1 and 2 before
    Yea I'm not kidding. You are missing the entire point of the show.

I don't watch TV much. I recently watched the entire collection of the show Heroes on DVD. Seasons 1 and 2 were epic if you haven't already seen them. If you like comic books and graphic novels, you will enjoy it.

Now that I'm done, anybody got any suggestions on a similar or epic series I should watch on DVD that has been around for a while. I'm too impatient to wait for currently playing series'.

Before Heroes, I watched Weeds from beginning to now. Crazy show. Love the theme song for that show.

Quote Originally Posted by Natston View Post
    I would highly recommend you watch the rest of them then as well as picking up Sons of Anarchy(which is done by some of the same people who did the The Shield).
    Yep, I'm already on board with Sons of Anarchy and that's one of the reasons I finally decided to rent the Shield.

I'm a late-comer, though; I started watching early to mid-way through Season 2

Spoiler Spoiler:

, so I have to go back and watch Season 1 and whatever I missed of 2. I'm digging that show.

I read an interview with the head duck behind both shows, and he basically said that the characters on SoA are about 60/40 bad/good, and Vic on the Shield is about 40/60 bad/good. So far, I'd agree with that.

Quote Originally Posted by EmCeE View Post
    I don't watch TV much. I recently watched the entire collection of the show Heroes on DVD. Seasons 1 and 2 were epic if you haven't already seen them. If you like comic books and graphic novels, you will enjoy it.

Now that I'm done, anybody got any suggestions on a similar or epic series I should watch on DVD that has been around for a while. I'm too impatient to wait for currently playing series'.

Before Heroes, I watched Weeds from beginning to now. Crazy show. Love the theme song for that show.
    There are tons of shows out there. People on here are going to be pimping the wire to you (which is excellent btw) but since everyone else will hit on that I want to recommend two other shows to you.

Deadwood

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Deadwood_(TV_series)

Big Love

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Big_Love

both shows are outstanding for differant reasons.

17. The Following User Says Thank You to Peck For This Useful Post:

Both these show start out with someone owning a hardware\home improvement store. Is this some type of fetish? Not sure about Big Love. Might have to sell me on that one. Deadwood sounds intriguing. Thanks

International Counter bellisimo's Avatar

DEXTER

Mad Men

Entourage

20. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to bellisimo For This Useful Post:

Both these show start out with someone owning a hardware\home improvement store. Is this some type of fetish? Not sure about Big Love. Might have to sell me on that one. Deadwood sounds intriguing. Thanks
    Big Love is not what you think it is. I'm not sure what you think it is but believe me it isn't what it is. I'm not even sure how to describe the show really because it's not a comedy, yet it's not a total drama, it's not an action it's not a thriller.

It does however have elements of all of these in it.

However as my good friend Bellisimo pointed out, I totally spaced out on Dexter.

So I would say

Deadwood

Dexter

Big Love

Not necassarily in that order.

22. The Following User Says Thank You to Peck For This Useful Post:

The Wire is the best show ever - but for a lot of people it takes a little time and patience to get into - but truly it is the best show.
    Dexter is great, Lost is really good especially watching it without waiting for the next episode. I really like Damages - even though I've been watching it out of order.

I know many of you have given up on 24, but seasons 1,2,4,5 are all excellent. In fact looking back season 5 was the best.

if you like dark humor - Nurse Jackie is also very good - great characters
    Last edited by Unclebuck; 03-05-2010 at 08:37 AM.

Mood

Y
    I read an interview with the head duck behind both shows, and he basically said that the characters on SoA are about 60/40 bad/good, and Vic on the Shield is about 40/60 bad/good. So far, I'd agree with that.
    I never tried to decide if the characters are good/bad and what ratios they would be. What makes those shows so fascinating is their reasoning and motives behind their actions, rather than are they good/bad. Yes there is duality in Jax Teller/Vic Mackey and the line is murky, but the creators and writers have gone to lengths to show that you wouldn't want to be associated with these guys in real life.

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Is it just me or does the most recent season of Heroes just blow? I liked seasons 1 and 2 (even though it was shortened). Season 3 it just started to fall off and now season 4 is just plain uninteresting. Maybe it's because Lost is back on and it's a much better show. What else is good on Monday night?
    "I've got an idea--an idea so smart that my head would explode if I even began to know what I'm talking about." - Peter Griffin

Mood

Watched the newest episode of SouthLAnd, it's going to be rough because the show was so much better when you could watch 4 or so epidoses in a row.

Was going to watch Undercover Boss, but it was a ******* rerun.

Watched some older episodes of Mythbusters , but one of the episodes was annoying because they were making a big deal out the ballistics gelatin that is so common in many eps that I've seen...

HBO's ROME. Man oh man this series is terrific. It only went 2 years, but it was amazing (I think they're actually going to make a movie).

And yes, Dexter is terrific as well. I highly recommend both.
    Don't ask Marvin Harrison what he did during the bye week. "Batman never told where the Bat Cave is," he explained.

Tree People to the Core! indygeezer's Avatar
    Mood

Chuck.

One of the few things the family watches that I'll sit down for.
    If you get to thinkin’ you’re a person of some influence, try orderin’ somebody else’s dog around..