Page 64 of 187 FirstFirst ... 145460616263646566676874114164 ... LastLast
Results 1,576 to 1,600 of 4673

Thread: What TV Show Did You Last Watch

Default Re: What TV Show Did You Last Watch

Just finished re-watching all 5 seasons of "The Wire."

I'm as sad and disappointed that there are no more episodes coming as I was the first time.

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Halfway through season 2. Trying to pace myself and fully enjoy every episode but it's so good i want to keep watching all the time.

Quote Originally Posted by Pig Nash View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Halfway through season 2. Trying to pace myself and fully enjoy every episode but it's so good i want to keep watching all the time.
    I'll be interested in your thoughts on season 2. Every season is great, but it seems like some people really loved season 2 and others weren't so sure

Mood

It took me a while to get into it, I wasn't sure if I'd like Sebotka/Ziggy/Niko as much as Avon/String/D/other low rise guys (of ourse you see those guys too but not as much) but I'm really liking it now.
    Spoiler Spoiler:

It took me a while to get into it, I wasn't sure if I'd like Sebotka/Ziggy/Niko as much as Avon/String/D/other low rise guys (of ourse you see those guys too but not as much) but I'm really liking it now.
    Yeah, I sort of felt the same way - the first 5 or 6 episodes it didn't seem like it was going anywhere - but then it really takes off and as usually the last 2 or 3 eposides of season two are classic - just like every season

Mood

Blargh I cannot find anywhere to watch the last two episodes of season two. The videos are down on megavideo, veoh, another site that hosts using divx. blargh.

Blargh I cannot find anywhere to watch the last two episodes of season two. The videos are down on megavideo, veoh, another site that hosts using divx. blargh.
    That would be horrible. Not sure if they are available for rent from Blockbuster or someplace.

I have all the seasons on DVD, I would be happy to loan season two to you so you can watch the last part.

Let me know, I can send or meet you somewhere with the DVD's. I live in carmel and work at 86th and Michigan

Mood

I've got netflix so i've been having them send me the dvds but i skipped the last few discs because i found a good host online for season two so they're sending me season 3 disc one and two and i want to watch the last two episodes by when they get here. I'll figure something out. Itunes if i have to. Thanks for the offer though.

I finished re-watching season 5 of The Wire last week. It makes me sad too that there is never going to be more of them to watch. You just get so invested into those characters and then BAM it's over.

last show I watched was 24. Finally got a copy from mininova that would play on my computer and download. I liked it. This season is looking good but I am sure I will miss the second half.

teY dennaB toN

24 was awesome tonight. Easily one of the best episodes of the last 2 or 3 seasons, vintage Bauer. Mr. Taylor has had a rough day so far...

I just watched season 1 of Damages.

UNBELIEVABLE show.

Nothing and I mean nothing like what I expected. This show had as many twists and turns as the first couple of seasons of Prison Break.

Easily one of the best shows on cable last year.

Nerd.
    Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by Peck View Post
    I just watched season 1 of Damages.

UNBELIEVABLE show.

Nothing and I mean nothing like what I expected. This show had as many twists and turns as the first couple of seasons of Prison Break.

Easily one of the best shows on cable last year.
    What TV channel is this on?

Quote Originally Posted by Stryder View Post
    What TV channel is this on?
    It's on the FX network. However I watched season 1 on DVD, thank God I did because if I had to wait week after week I would probably have lost my mind.

This show is just outstanding.

I never watched it on tv the first season because I thought it was just going to be another stupid N.Y. lawyer show. Nope.

I have seen nothing like this, ever.

International Counter bellisimo's Avatar

latest heroes....

same ol' story...no one dies...everyone changes their sides...and the story continues...

Watched Heroes and 24. Heroes I do enjoy but like Belli said it is getting to be same ol same ol.

24 was very good. Seems like this season will be one of the better ones.

Since being at my brothers place I have been watching a lot of kid shows cause my 2 yr old niece is always wanting to watch something. I never realized how bad kid shows are but i guess that is why I don't watch them.

Mood

Halfway through season 3 of the wire. Very good, Stringer is a much more interesting target than Avon.

Also watched the series premiere of Dollhouse. I really hope this show gets a few seasons, because I think it will be really good. I also think that due to the talent of the week aspect of it, Fox might let it live until Joss can build some more arcy stuff.

BTW, one of the other reasons that damages may be so good is because there are several cast members from the wire on there.

William Rawls, Lester Freeman and Thomas Klebanow or at least the actors who played them are all on the show.

Halfway through season 3 of the wire. Very good, Stringer is a much more interesting target than Avon.

Also watched the series premiere of Dollhouse. I really hope this show gets a few seasons, because I think it will be really good. I also think that due to the talent of the week aspect of it, Fox might let it live until Joss can build some more arcy stuff.
    Yeah, I liked it, too. I thought it was interesting the way they brought the foibles with the imprints. Plus, you can see that the characters have backstories that will probably be interesting.

There was a good interview with Joss Whedon on Maxim:

http://www.maxim.com/joss-whedon-q-a...309/48713.aspx

Eric Alt:

Dollhouse's production history seemed turbulent, even shutting down at one point. How much of it was real problems versus the nature of making a series?
    It really is the nature of it. Every show I've done—Buffy wasn't picked up until midseason. Angel they also shut down after one episode. It's not my favorite thing, but it is very much a part of getting collaboration between a show runner and a network to gel.

Did the network have specific concerns about the show?
    There were some specific notes about how the show rolls out: keeping the episodes so that they stand alone, and having sort of a conspiracy run through it, so that when we shift genres with the different personas that Eliza [Dushku] plays, it isn't jarring for the audience. And those were mandates that I understood and respected, and it was my idea to reshoot the pilot and reorder things. We definitely had different priorities about what worked in the show, but we were both really excited about the basic premise.

Is that more of an issue with TV now? Like, if you miss one episode of a series you're…lost? No pun intended.

Yeah, I agree with the network: you need a show that doesn't have so much mythology that you can't get into it. We tried to make each episode a little bit like a pilot—without repeating ourselves—showing who everyone is, how the system of the dollhouse works, and what [Eliza's character] Echo's going through. Because for me, it's a real problem. If I've missed something, I come in and people are talking about something I haven't seen, it's very frustrating. But at the same time, one of the great joys of a show is watching people grow and change, progress and conflict. So you have to strike a balance between them.

Is this show just the ideal format for you to indulge in all of your genre-hopping?

It is, to an extent. It's definitely more of a thrilling drama at its essence, but within that, as Echo takes on a new persona, anything can happen. And so it definitely becomes a great playground for me and for Eliza.

Speaking of which, whenever you and Eliza get together it stirs a lot of fan excitement. What is it about your collaborations that's such fanboy magic?

I am Eliza's biggest fan, which means I'm always going to ask the most of her. I'm going to show the most of her talents and what she can do. And have real trust and real energy that allows us to go for things that might be strange or uncomfortable. It's exciting for us to be together, so the fact that that translates to the audience doesn't surprise me.

Have you touched upon anything during filming so far that was a particular challenge for her, and maybe for you as well?

Well, she's gotta play a different character each week, so every episode is like a pilot for her. She's creating these characters, and there have been a couple that were harder than others; skins that are easier to slip into than others. But she works really hard, and if there's something she's uncomfortable with, we don't roll until she understands how to do it. For me, the challenge is finding something new and making that world matter. The people in the dollhouse, who are there every week, they're easy to generate sympathy for. But, including the person she's playing, it's a new story—it's almost like an anthology.

A while back, you were attached to a Wonder Woman movie with Eliza as the rumored star. Is that project dead? Or is it just dead so far as your involvement?
    I have no idea the status of the movie and, honestly, I never did. I was told they were very anxious to make it. I wrote a script. I rewrote the story. And by the time I'd written the second script, they asked me…not to. [Laughs] They didn't tell me to leave, but they showed me the door and how pretty it was. Would I like to touch the knob and maybe make it swing? I was dealing with them through [producer] Joel Silver who couldn't tell me what they wanted or anything else. I was completely in the dark. So I didn't know what it was that I wasn't giving them. I've moved on.

(some stuff about comic books and movies)

Finally, we need to set the record straight: Are you, in fact, also J.J. Abrams?
    Yes. Thank you for finally bringing that to light. I am. And let me tell you something: I'm ****in' tired. I'm tired all the time. I'm doing everything. Yeah. Watch Fringe.
    I'd love to see it catch on. There are some decent shows now with things like Fringe, Life, Life on Mars, Terminator, and Supernatural picked it up pretty decently, but I just don't think anybody does long story arc series as well as Whedon. (EDIT: On network TV...it would be fun to see what he could do with an HBO show.)

Mood

OMG!

Spoiler Spoiler:

OMG!

Spoiler Spoiler:
    I forgot all about that. Suppose Omar was all I remembered in that dept - plus Omar is the best character on that show - and the scene where he testified was the best scene (was that in season 3 or 1 or maybe it was 2. I can't wait to watch all the season again - probably this summer
    Last edited by Unclebuck; 02-17-2009 at 05:28 PM.

OMG!

Spoiler Spoiler:
    Quote Originally Posted by Unclebuck View Post
    I forgot all about that. Suppose Omar was all I remembered in that dept - plus Omar is the best character on that show - and the scene where he testified was the best scene (was that in season 3 or 1 or maybe it was 2. U can't wait to watch all the season again - probably this summer
    Spoiler Spoiler:

BTW...it's a completely different genre, but if you like The Wire, I think you'd probably like Deadwood, as well. I consider it to be almost as good.

Mood

I really Omar. So far I've liked some of his scenes best in the whole thing.

Spoiler Spoiler:

I spoilered that cuz I know I wouldn't want to know the first one if i hadn't seen it yet.

I'm addicted to 24. This season (so far) is one of the best.

I really Omar. So far I've liked some of his scenes best in the whole thing.

Spoiler Spoiler:

I spoilered that cuz I know I wouldn't want to know the first one if i hadn't seen it yet.
    Oh yeah the w. scene was incredible - that whole episode was amazing.

I haven't seen season 5 yet - some have said it wasn't quite as good. I will say season 4 is as good as any although because it focused on junior high aged kids it was heartbreaking at times - I loved the restaurant scene

OK...this is reaching back through time to something I had never seen:

American Gothic

It's from around 1995 with Gary Cole playing the Evil (capital "E") sheriff of a small southern town. It's got that kid that played every down south juvenile in the '90's, and a few other character actors you'd probably recognize, including a youngish Sarah Paulson (Studio 60, Serenity).

It's a supernatural thriller, and I've only watched the first two episodes, but it's kind of captivating. The acting is somewhat stilted, and the cuts are pretty odd, but I think I'm going to like it (depending on how many strings were left hanging at the end of its one and only season). It's got 22 eps, but to this point, I think it probably would've been canned by the networks within the first month. Perhaps the first two eps were meant to be a two-parter or a pilot movie, but neither one of them had an encapsulated story. The entire show thus far, seems to be serialized, as if it's sole purpose is to tell one story arc. I'll be interested to see if there are any "stand alone" episodes later.

One other thing that struck me as funny: the credits listed Shaun Cassidy as its creator.