Results 1,551 to 1,575 of 4618

Thread: What TV Show Did You Last Watch

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Default Re: What TV Show Did You Last Watch

The Wire

Episodes 1-5. Definitely has me hooked.

Yes Pig Nash. That is great news. You will love every second of it. Each season starts slow and ends so big. I envy that you havent seen every episode yet.

I am re-watching The Wire and in season 5. Should be watching episodes 5-6 tonight. But right now I am watching season 5 of The Office cause thats just what I do.

The last episode of the The Office was decent, I thought. Michael and Dwight's escapades were pretty good (especially their escape signal), but the Hillary Swank thing was pretty pointless and unfunny.

Also, the new season of Lost is getting off to a good start. It feels to me like they're finally going to be answering some questions now that they're directly dealing with the mechanism likely behind most of the island's mysteries.

Quote Originally Posted by Pig Nash View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    The Wire

Episodes 1-5. Definitely has me hooked.
    What season???

Mood

First. Just starting it.

Quote Originally Posted by Pig Nash View Post
    First. Just starting it.
    Good, that is the way to do it. And if you like it now, just wait - is only gets better and better.

Mood

Just finished the first season last night, starting on the second season today.

Pig Nash you are my idol right now. I am going to finish season 5 tonight with the last 2 episodes. Great Great show.

I re-watched the Office from season 5 to season 4 then to season 3 back to season 5. A little jumping around never hurt.

Haven't been able to watch my late night TV shows cause I am training people so I feel like I should pay attention to the job, I hate it SOO MUCH.

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Currently watching 1st and 2nd season of 30 Rock on Netflix.

30 Rock is interesting. I really like it- but whether I laugh a lot of not seems to depend more on the type of mood I am in - instead of how funny the show actually is. There are times I'll watch an episode and not laugh at all and yet maybe a few days later I'll watch parts of it again and laugh a lot. So I guess I need to be in the right mood

BSG: the final episodes. The latest episode finally, and I mean finally, took the show back to a faster pace. Actually this episode is probably my favorite episode for the past 2 1/2 seasons.

Smallville: Ugh...... I do NOT like this at all. Lana should have either stayed gone, which I think I would have prefered at this point, or they need to just totally go off of the Superman mythos and let Clark and her end up together. This feels desperate to me and frankly at this point in time if Lana leaves again (to let Clark seek his destiny or whatever) I think it makes it seem like he is settling for Lois. Either way I am really not thrilled that Lana is now once again a super powered human. Still a great show and all but I feel like we have taken three steps backwards.

Supernatural: Wow, two episodes in a row that I can't say have been great. That is almost stunning with this show as for the first half of the tv season it was far and away the greatest thing on. I'm hoping soon we will get back to the current story line.

BTW, I forgot to mention that I have picked up Stargate SG1 and have begun watching it. Like Babylon 5 before it I never watched this show. The first episode was boring to me and the second one was not much better. I actually got these for my Birthday last summer and after watching the first two I put them away and for some reason about 3 weeks ago I decided to give it another try. Man am I glad I did. Everything after episode 2 is great.
    I was really afraid that we were going to go to each world and visit human civilizations who had not progressed and that there was no real long story arc. Man was I wrong about that. Frankly this has become one of my favorites and I have gone out now and bought seasons 2-6. Once I get done with these I will get seasons 7-11. I am sure I will give Stargate Atlantis a try after I finish these.

Nerd.
    Mood

Quote Originally Posted by Peck View Post
    Smallville: Ugh...... I do NOT like this at all. Lana should have either stayed gone, which I think I would have prefered at this point, or they need to just totally go off of the Superman mythos and let Clark and her end up together. This feels desperate to me and frankly at this point in time if Lana leaves again (to let Clark seek his destiny or whatever) I think it makes it seem like he is settling for Lois. Either way I am really not thrilled that Lana is now once again a super powered human. Still a great show and all but I feel like we have taken three steps backwards.
    I told you. Clark has taken a few steps backward. It's sad that this crap is the only stuff that the writers can come up with...

Psych. I like it.

I've been working my way through Season 2 of The Office. When I first gave this show a try with Season 1 (what little there is), I liked it, but in a very "meh, whatever" sort of way.

For whatever reason, I started watching whatever this newest season is (5?) and it's finally struck a chord with me, so when I went back to give Season 2 a go, I've found that I now really enjoy this show a lot.

Quote Originally Posted by Hicks View Post
    I've been working my way through Season 2 of The Office. When I first gave this show a try with Season 1 (what little there is), I liked it, but in a very "meh, whatever" sort of way.

For whatever reason, I started watching whatever this newest season is (5?) and it's finally struck a chord with me, so when I went back to give Season 2 a go, I've found that I now really enjoy this show a lot.
    That's how it was with me. It takes a little while to get used to it, but once you do, it's hilarious.
    Don't ask Marvin Harrison what he did during the bye week. "Batman never told where the Bat Cave is," he explained.

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo

I absolutely love Lost, it just keeps getting better and better. The twists and turns are amazing and how everything is starting to tie together is mind blowing.

Everyone should be watching Friday Night Lights, just a great TV drama. I've already watched this season. The entire season was played on DTV before the network started showing it.
    "Just look at the flowers ........ BANG"

streets ahead

the pilot ep for the Office was basically a shot-by-shot redo of the original and a lot of season one is uneven -- but diversity day is pretty amazing.
    Last edited by avoidingtheclowns; 01-31-2009 at 06:10 PM.

Psych is better than the Office. Discuss.

streets ahead

remember that time you banned yourself? that was neat.

streets ahead

as for psych > the office... hardly, though it ultimately depends whether you define better as fun or funny.

psych isn't a bad show -- i've enjoyed it the few times i've seen it. like monk, it isn't so much about the crime being committed, there isn't a lot of tension, it's just supposed to be quirky and fun. though, i've gotta say, the glowing object element is remarkably irritating.

the writing on the office is much tighter / sharper - it's a funnier show. given that most of the show could be described as "cringe-worthy" i'm not sure if you'd call the office fun.

i also find that the office has a much longer shelf-life than psych. i find the same thing with law & order vs. monk. i enjoy monk when i watch it, but when i see the episode on again - i'm not interested anymore. law & order on the other hand is like crack; even if i've seen an episode three or four times, i somehow end up watching it again.

I like Psych because they all appear to have so much fun with it. I would never compare it to The Office in a better/worse way because they are completely different shows trying to do completely different things.

As to Law & Order, and the franchise, I consider it to be the McDonald's of TV. It's OK...it fills the hour, sometimes, it even hits the spot...but it's never memorable. Sometimes, I resent it because every good, smart, story arc show is fighting some network guy telling them to be more like Law & Order. However, it's better than reality TV shows, all of which should be banned for their utter destructiveness.

streets ahead

CSI is like McDonald's: all flash, chemically engineered substance with a red-headed clown (david carusoe) trying to convince me what i'm consuming isn't garbage (his acting).

Law & Order is more like chinese food: even after you have some you're just going to be hungry again not long after... which is why TNT and USA run marathons.

The light, not the lie. kester99's Avatar
    Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

The Simpsons CSI episode remains the standard. Do you see? Do you see?
    [~]) ... Cheers! Go Pacers!

I do not like procedurals at all. That goes for L&O, CSI - or any of the many ripoffs that are on the air. They get good ratings because IMO they are easy to watch while doing the dishes, reading a magazine, helping the kids do homework, doing laundry - they are the same everyweek - easily to digest - comfort food.

Mood

Just finished season 7 of Scrubs, and will be starting BSG season 4 at some point...