Page 61 of 186 FirstFirst ... 115157585960616263646571111161 ... LastLast
Results 1,501 to 1,525 of 4636

Thread: What TV Show Did You Last Watch

Default Re: What TV Show Did You Last Watch

Watched the entire season 3 of the Office Saturday night/Sunday morning. Just wonderful.
    Don't ask Marvin Harrison what he did during the bye week. "Batman never told where the Bat Cave is," he explained.

Prison Break - I find myself still interested in the season but they are changing how we look at the Company now.

Chuck- interesting how Chuck will see Sarah next season, and how he's going to get away from Fulcrum

Heroes- Nathan's become his father. Peter should've killed him. But otherwise a better 2nd half of this season.
    Don't ask Marvin Harrison what he did during the bye week. "Batman never told where the Bat Cave is," he explained.

Quote Originally Posted by Suaveness View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Heroes- Nathan's become his father. Peter should've killed him. But otherwise a better 2nd half of this season.
    So Heroes has been getting better? I abandoned it in favor of Fringe because this season has been straight up terrible for the most part (I'm not a fan of Peter or any of the Petrellis).But if it's getting better I may start watching again.

Quote Originally Posted by indytoad View Post
    So Heroes has been getting better? I abandoned it in favor of Fringe because this season has been straight up terrible for the most part (I'm not a fan of Peter or any of the Petrellis).But if it's getting better I may start watching again.

Yeah Heroes wasn't great for the beginning of the season, but at one point it started picking up again. The 2nd half was much much better.

Dexter Season finale. I liked it. I thought they could have gone in a different direction. Felt like things were wrapped up too neatly. Cant wait for the next season but I have a feeling I wont be able to see it for a good chunk of time which I am fine with.

3rd Rock From The Sun on TV Land - forgot how much I loved this show - never understood why it wasn't more popular - goofy fun

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Dogs 101 on Animal Planet. Newfoundland breed is the best with kids but they are very big.

Life - Seasons 1 & 2...not quite up to the most current ep, but love the show.

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by SycamoreKen View Post
    Dogs 101 on Animal Planet. Newfoundland breed is the best with kids but they are very big.
    My ex-gf's cousin used to have one. Man he was a beast. I did have a picture on my cell from a balcony with her laying down beside him. He was twice the size of her, easily. He died of heart failure (go figure), and weighed in around 250. His head a little bigger than the size of a basketball. Great dog.

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Flight of the Conchords.

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

My brother got the second season of Dexter on DVD for Christmas and we watched it all of it and that has to be one of my favorite shows on tv.

Entourage

Just started to get into this show. Never knew it was so good. I have watched all of seasons 1&2 and I will be watching 3, 4, & 5 this week and weekend.

Deadwood

Re-watching the series...almost finished with Season 1.

I consider this show almost as good as "The Wire".

More entourage. A few episodes left in season 3 that I need to grab from Sweabs.

FRINGE: I quit watching this at about episode 5 or 6 I don't remember but I had DVR'd all of them and kept them.

I was bored the other day so I thought I would watch one before I dumped them all because frankly I pretty much was bored with them.

Man am I glad I did not dump them. This show did a 180 on me and now I can not wait for it to return in January.

Entourage still. Can't stop.

Quote Originally Posted by count55 View Post
    Deadwood

Re-watching the series...almost finished with Season 1.

I consider this show almost as good as "The Wire".
    I can never decide whether I like Deadwood or Rome better. Deadwood is probably definitely "better" while Rome may be more entertaining. At gunpoint, I'd probably take Deadwood. Regardless, Al Swearingen is my favorite character in TV history, and that includes all The Wire guys (Bodie being my #1), Titus Pullo and G.O.B.
    Read my Pacers blog:
    8points9seconds.com

Follow my twitter:

@8pts9secs

Quote Originally Posted by JayRedd View Post
    I can never decide whether I like Deadwood or Rome better. Deadwood is probably definitely "better" while Rome may be more entertaining. At gunpoint, I'd probably take Deadwood. Regardless, Al Swearingen is my favorite character in TV history, and that includes all The Wire guys (Bodie being my #1), Titus Pullo and G.O.B.
    I think Rome was very good, too, but I liked Deadwood more. Rome had a more satisfying ending, or at least offered more closure. However, I tended to connect more to the characters in Deadwood. There were many things in Rome that were so foreign (accurately so) to me, that I just couldn't quite get behind some of the actions.

It's funny you mention favorite characters, because watching Deadwood made me think of making a list. Al is definitely up there. Bullock reminds me of McNulty from The Wire because he's so self-righteous and completely ****ed up. I absolutely love the Brad Dourif's Doc Cochran. I think the EB Farnum character is almost Shakespearean. Jim Beaver's Ellsworth is one of my all-time favorite "decent guys" (difficult to explain this concept...just a character who you like because he's innately good in a real way...not a saint, not a superhero, just somebody that you like and trust to be who he is.)

Then, on top of it, there are so many actors/characters that wander through for two or three eps that were so faceted and well-acted: Wild Bill, Garrett Dillahunt (both as McCall & Walcott), Wu (recurring, but just thought of him).

Really, it comes down to me liking the characters...not because they were good, but because they were all absolutely true to who they were.
    Last edited by count55; 01-02-2009 at 05:24 PM.

Entourage - Finished Seasons 1-5 in the course of a week. I just wish there was more that I could watch right now.

Just been re-watching episodes of LOST, trying to stem the tide until Jan. 21st
    Last edited by D23; 01-05-2009 at 10:52 AM.

The Office

Bought volumes 2-5 of the Looney Tunes collection. I love my looney tunes.

Watched the first 3 episodes of Dexter. Wow, great show.

Supernatural

A friend turned me onto this show and it is brilliant. A few things stand out to me:

1.) The production quality is very high, even early one...something definitely not true for Smallville, which I watched seven seasons of for some reason.

2.) The standalone episodes are the best of any TV show I've ever seen except Lost. They're like mini-thrillers. It's really cool.

3.) The acting is fairly good for TV sci-fi, with the exception of some preipheral parts. It's a great decision to center the show around two characters who genuinely sell their parts. Again, I'm reminded of Smallville and the brilliant acting prowess of one Tom Welling.

Quote Originally Posted by rexnom View Post
    Supernatural

A friend turned me onto this show and it is brilliant. A few things stand out to me:

1.) The production quality is very high, even early one...something definitely not true for Smallville, which I watched seven seasons of for some reason.

2.) The standalone episodes are the best of any TV show I've ever seen except Lost. They're like mini-thrillers. It's really cool.

3.) The acting is fairly good for TV sci-fi, with the exception of some preipheral parts. It's a great decision to center the show around two characters who genuinely sell their parts. Again, I'm reminded of Smallville and the brilliant acting prowess of one Tom Welling.
    Ditto...

Supernatural was hands down the best show on regular television, for me anyway, in the fall season.

I am counting down the days until it returns.

As to Smallville, if you did not watch the fall season you made a mistake IMO. I thought that they did a very good job of transitioning from Smallville to Metropolis without losing to much of the character of the show.