Page 58 of 185 FirstFirst ... 84854555657585960616268108158 ... LastLast
Results 1,426 to 1,450 of 4617

Thread: What TV Show Did You Last Watch

Default Re: What TV Show Did You Last Watch

Smallville: Best episode of the season. I am really looking forward to how they are going to portray Doomsday.

Supernatural: I don't know how this show tops itself week after week. The living teddy bear was down right hilarious.

Caught back up on Sons of Anarchy. Good show, however I am not sure that this will have the lasting power of other similar type shows.

Criminal Minds-Good one

Knight Rider-Hot chicks, what can I say. Just like watching Baywatch. No substance, just chicks.

South park - HAHAHAHAHA Just watch the new one.

Chuck- Things just got interesting

Heroes- Things just got interesting
    Boy that sucks for Hiro
    Don't ask Marvin Harrison what he did during the bye week. "Batman never told where the Bat Cave is," he explained.

Prison Break - Still holding onto me.

Kenny vs Spenny - I chose this over Heroes cause I wanted to laugh and not watch 30 minutes of commercials. I will just download heroes. Much better watching it that way, commercial free.

Sarah Conor Chronicles Still good. getting a little slow though........x2

Simpson's

Mood

Family Guy

Heroes - This is why I watch the show.

Sarah Conor Chrinicles-Finally caught up. The back and forth thing in this episode sucked. Complete space filler is what it felt like.

HIMYM-Decent. The cheerleader effect was funny.

HIMYM - Still not blowing me away like the first 3 seasons.

House- House chickens out...again

Family Guy- finally a good episode...loved the ending
    Don't ask Marvin Harrison what he did during the bye week. "Batman never told where the Bat Cave is," he explained.

Kinda remarkable how fast Ted got over Stella.

Bones- Meh, it was decent.

Survivor - Good to see what happened

The Office - That was NOT Canada

30 Rock - I like this show.

South park - I agree HSM is GAY

Friday Night Lights - This is one great season. A very good show.

Criminal Minds-Very Good

The Office - rerun but great.

Last night stuff. Ultimate Fighter, Conan O'Brien, Survivor, same ol same ol.

streets ahead

in case anyone was still paying attention (though if you were, you'd be one of like seven people still watching)

NBC cancels 'My Own Worst Enemy'

NBC has pulled the plug on "My Own Worst Enemy," the new series starring Christian Slater as a secret agent with a split personality.

A spy thriller with a grown-up budget inspired by Matt Damon's "Bourne" movies, "My Own Worst Enemy" received a coveted time period on Monday night after "Heroes," but "Heroes" itself is losing viewers and couldn't deliver a big enough audience to "Enemy."

http://seattlepi.nwsource.com/tv/387878_tf215.html

Life on Mars.

Gives me hope that there is still some intelligently written shows on TV.
    Hey! What're you kicking me for? You want me to ask? All right, I'll ask! Ma'am, where do the high school girls hang out in this town?

Is Life on Mars really good, I wanted to watch it, but missed the premiere and just haven't watched it at all.

So is it really good, or just better than most things on TV. (Is it the Wire good?)

Quote Originally Posted by Unclebuck View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Is Life on Mars really good, I wanted to watch it, but missed the premiere and just haven't watched it at all.

So is it really good, or just better than most things on TV. (Is it the Wire good?)
    I watched the premiere and the second ep, but lost interest. I couldn't quite find my way into it. It seemed to me that all the other guys were playing caricatures of people from the '70's.

Family Guy...the last 2 episodes have been much better than the rest of the season or most of the previous. I hope this is a sign of things to come.

Mumrah!

Quote Originally Posted by Unclebuck View Post

It's not Wire good, but then, what is? I think it's pretty damn good in that it hits from different angles. There's the mystery of why he's in the 70's that been slowly doled out, making you work to put together the pieces. The cop section is pretty decently done, but what gets me the most is that every ties in with everything else. It's become my new show that I can't wait to watch. problem is that if you don't watch it from the start, you're kinda lost.

Also, the music is great, not only because they pick some fine, non top 40 tunes, but the songs have to do with what's taking place on the screen. Too many sows use background music for background, but the songs carry the scene and gives clues as much as anything you see on the screen. (Like them playing Tuesday's Dead by Cat Stevens.If it had better ratings, I think the lead actor would be all over the magazine covers.

The shows not nearly as intense as the Wire or the Shield. It has too much of a fantasy element to it. I want to compare it to Eli Stone a little bit in that department, but not nearly as cloyingly cute.

[
    Quote Originally Posted by count55
    I watched the premiere and the second ep, but lost interest. I couldn't quite find my way into it. It seemed to me that all the other guys were playing caricatures of people from the '70's.
    Se, that's what felt right about it to me. When they show the street scenes, it reminded me of going to see my cousins in downtown Chicago in the mid-seventies. Some shows feel really affected with this "hey look, it's the seventies" self consciousness. It feels just right to me.

Even the squad room feels right. When I started on the department, we had to type stuff up on typewriters (with carbon) on a really dingy, dark room kinda like what they use on the show. I really sympathize with No Nuts, cause I had an Lt who went through the same thing in the seventies. She showed me a memo from the seventies showing a drawing of a policewoman complete with skirt and hat just like on the show. She said filework was all she got to do when she started. I never met anyone like Keitel's character, but man, believe it or not, the rest of the cop crew is pretty right on. I know those guys.

Um...I think I've rambled long enough.
    Hey! What're you kicking me for? You want me to ask? All right, I'll ask! Ma'am, where do the high school girls hang out in this town?

Quote Originally Posted by Skaut_Ech View Post
    Too many sows use background music for background
    oink oink!

Sorry, but this typo is almost as funny as an Unclebuck typo!

-Bball
    Last edited by Bball; 11-17-2008 at 06:43 PM.
    Nuntius was right. I was wrong. Frank Vogel has retained his job.

------

"A player who makes a team great is more valuable than a great player. Losing yourself in the group, for the good of the group, thatís teamwork."

-John Wooden

Chuck- good episode

Heroes- another good one...finally some duality between good and evil

I like Eli Stone - but it does often veer into the too cute category - but something about keeps drawing me back - until it gets cancelled I guess. It isn't a great show though. Maybe it is because I like any show that isn't a reality or procedural

The Wire as much as I love the show it has made me realize that other good shows pale in comparison. Almost like - we've seen perfection and everything else is now a letdown - luckily for me I haven't seen the final season yet. Anyone who has watched the Wite more than once - how does it hold up on repreat viewings - I've stayed away from watching any epeisode a second time so I can hopefully enjoy all 5 seasons again maybe next summer

The Big Bang Theory seems to get better every week .
    Last edited by Unclebuck; 11-18-2008 at 09:07 AM.