Page 50 of 185 FirstFirst ... 4046474849505152535460100150 ... LastLast
Results 1,226 to 1,250 of 4601

Thread: What TV Show Did You Last Watch

Default Re: What TV Show Did You Last Watch

Weeds Season 3 and 4. 2 episodes left in season 4 until I am caught up to the actual show playing on TV I think. I am downloading Generation Kill. I have the first 3 or 4 episodes. I will start that when I am done with Weeds.

Nerd.
    Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by The Toxic Avenger View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Dexter: Season 1

Wonderful show but with its premise its hard to miss IMO.
    Read the novels. Even better than the show!

Caught up on Weeds. Now I am movie on to Generation Kill starting when I get home from work.

Been watching the Olympics pretty much non-stop at work.

watched the first 5 episodes of Generation Kill. It is pretty good. Not the greatest show I have seen cause The Wire is hard to top. I will continue to watch but so far it seems like it is just the same thing over and over. Not much change.

The last episode of "when we left earth". Its been in my DVR for over a month.

That was just an excellent series.

I learned a lot about the Nasa Space program and the things that have happened over the years that never really made the news.

For example, The size of the hole in columbia's wing was bigger than a bowling ball. But it was never noticed before they seperated from the space station, although nasa was aware of the foam strike and it was a concern.

Or that Challenger, could have been avoided. The engineers were begging for the launch to not happen, but someone higher up made the decision to launch. They never really say who it was, but you can tell there was a lot of anamousity from those who were interviewed. The reason the Orings failed was because of the cold tempratures outside. It was colder than any shuttle launch ever. In addition, when you see the solid rocket boosters seperate from the shuttle, and then explode in the distance, Nasa actually hit self destruct button from the ground on the solid rocket boosters because they were out of control and possibly headed for land. They also said they know for a fact the astronauts survived the explosion, and three of the seven even turned on thier reserve oxygen. The problem was once the remainder of shuttle capsule they were in hit the max altitude before it started to fall, they were at 62,000 feet altitude. They are reasonably sure they astronauts became unconcious during the fall, and then died on impact with the water.

That just amazed me to see the details the showed in this show. Things you would never see in the news.

If you get the opportunity to see the miniseries, I highly recommend it.

The last season of The Wire.

I'm disappointed...not in how it ended. Just that it ended. It, quite frankly, might have been the best series, start to finish, in the history of television.

I also recently watched the entire series of Deadwood, which I also found very compelling. The Seth Bullock character reminded me of McNulty from The Wire, and I found the dialogue and interaction to be vaguely Shakespearean from time to time.

Both series developed very strong characters and stayed true to them. They were likable on their own terms without trying to make them cliched or trying to justify who they were.

I watched the Sopranos, and found the first two seasons excellent, the third season OK, and lost interest in the fourth. You can only go so long before you discover that you don't like any of the characters and, therefore, don't give a **** what happens to them.

On the throw away series front, I enjoy Psych because it seems like they have so much fun, and I like the campiness of Middleman.

I'm awaiting the return of Life to see what they do with that.

International Counter bellisimo's Avatar

season 3 of Arrested Development...only 2 episodes left

The Hills season 4 premiere. Same old crap different season.

Mood

Finished Season 3, Starting Season 4 of The Shield...
    * Most Humorous Poster Nominee (2004, 2005, 2010)
    * Off Topic Post of the Year Winner (2009)
    * Off Topic Thread of the Year Nominee (2010)

Formerly a naturallystoned, badinfluence...

Watched another episode of Big Brother. I wish I had the Showcase 2 for the Big Brother afterdark they show from midnight to 3:00AM. I would probably watch that every night.

Also I downloaded or am downloading the next instalment of Generation Kill so that will be watched.

When does the show Weeds actually air on TV? I need to know when to look for it as I am caught up now.

Olympics
    Wipeout-Rerun

Second to the last episode of The Wire season 4. Wow, that was emotional - certainly one of the best episodes - but then as I mentioned earlier the second to the last episode in each season is IMO always the best episode.

I know this show isn't into happy endings - that is one thing that makes the show soooo great - but I am hoping that at least one of the 4 kids has at least a semi-happy ending to the season - it has been heartbreaking watching them struggle along. The really sad thing is sure schools are messed up, street life is really messed up, but when (in 3 of the 4) homelife is worse than school or the streets - it is just horrible. (makes me realize how fortunate I have been in my life)

Although I haven't seen the last episode - I'm ready to declare season 4 as the best of the 4 I've watched. Seemed like it started off a little quicker in the first couple of hours - and I've also really enjoyed the new mayor.

Watched the new episode of Weeds. Meh it was ok. I think I liked just having a new show to watch more than anything.

Also saw the new episode of generation Kill. It was alright, nothing special. I will keep watching it though for something to do.

Finished season 4 of The Wire. Wow. I don't know how they do it - but at the end of each season I'm speechless about how good this show is. Amazing. The payoff is always incredible - the characters are soooo real - by the end of each season you feel like you know them like real people and when tragic things or good things happen you almost feel the same as you would if they were a real family member.

Every other show on TV - including the really good shows - seem like TV shows, the Wire feels much more real. I want to know what happens next to everyone on the show.

It is really sad that more people don't watch

UncleBuck you are so right. It is the best TV show I have ever seen and I see where you are coming from in regards to it seeming like more than a TV show. It is the best series I have ever had the privilege of watching. Just great great TV.

Last show I watched was... Mythbusters.

Olympics

Saw The Hills again. Very very stupid but a good waste of time. About to watch a full night of TV.

Generation Kill

Good episode. Almost seemed like the last one for the season?? I do not know. Wondering if anyone else might?

teY dennaB toN

Yeah that's it, series over.

Seriously? I dont believe you.

I last watched me some Big Brother 10

My bad. I just looked it up. It is a or was a 7 episode mini-series. Dang I was just starting to enjoy it.

I just finished watching Generation kill.

Um.....

Well.....

I still have no real idea what the story was about or why they thought that this would be a good tv series

Girls Next Door.

Scrubs

Nerd.
    Mood

Quote Originally Posted by Gyron View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    The last episode of "when we left earth". Its been in my DVR for over a month.

That was just an excellent series.

I learned a lot about the Nasa Space program and the things that have happened over the years that never really made the news.

For example, The size of the hole in columbia's wing was bigger than a bowling ball. But it was never noticed before they seperated from the space station, although nasa was aware of the foam strike and it was a concern.

Or that Challenger, could have been avoided. The engineers were begging for the launch to not happen, but someone higher up made the decision to launch. They never really say who it was, but you can tell there was a lot of anamousity from those who were interviewed. The reason the Orings failed was because of the cold tempratures outside. It was colder than any shuttle launch ever. In addition, when you see the solid rocket boosters seperate from the shuttle, and then explode in the distance, Nasa actually hit self destruct button from the ground on the solid rocket boosters because they were out of control and possibly headed for land. They also said they know for a fact the astronauts survived the explosion, and three of the seven even turned on thier reserve oxygen. The problem was once the remainder of shuttle capsule they were in hit the max altitude before it started to fall, they were at 62,000 feet altitude. They are reasonably sure they astronauts became unconcious during the fall, and then died on impact with the water.

That just amazed me to see the details the showed in this show. Things you would never see in the news.

If you get the opportunity to see the miniseries, I highly recommend it.

Do you think this series will ever be replayed? On what channel did this air?