Page 222 of 228 FirstFirst ... 122172212218219220221222223224225226 ... LastLast
Results 5,526 to 5,550 of 5700

Thread: What TV Show Did You Last Watch

Default Re: What TV Show Did You Last Watch

2 episodes into Westworld and could barely stay awake, most overrated show ever

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by tora tora View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Nah, you gotta watch more than 2 episodes. Its a really intricate and complicated show. You dont even know whats going on really at 2 episodes. Give it 2-3 more and you will be hooked.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Miller_time04 For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Miller_time04 View Post
    Nah, you gotta watch more than 2 episodes. Its a really intricate and complicated show. You dont even know whats going on really at 2 episodes. Give it 2-3 more and you will be hooked.
    I gave up on Westworld after 2 episodes, and gave it a second chance after a month off. Glad I did
    Being unable to close out a game in which you have a comfortable lead in the 4th Q = Pulling a Frank Vogel

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Pacergeek For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Sparhawk View Post
    I feel like season 2 could be good, but I did not like how season 1 ended. All that backstory seemed a waste of time, but who knows. It was left too open at the end.
    Spoiler Spoiler:

I'm all for leaving questions out there, but the last couple episodes introduced too many questions and answered none. That's not how you should ever plan a show out. At least Stranger Things tied up some loose ends.
    Thought the ending completely ruined OA. It was ridiculous and made me laugh. Show takes itself way too seriously.
    Being unable to close out a game in which you have a comfortable lead in the 4th Q = Pulling a Frank Vogel

Anybody seen The Young Pope? It's pretty entertaining. Imagine Frank Underwood or Walter White as the Pope, and that's what you have with Jude Law. Not the best show ever, but Law's performance makes this show watchable. Incredible set designs also.

Taboo is also watchable, perhaps a bit too dark. Still kind of hard to believe that an A list movie star would make a TV show. Times have certainly changed. Back in the day, no way Tom Cruise would ever be in television in his prime

Undefeated

Quote Originally Posted by Pacergeek View Post
    Taboo is also watchable, perhaps a bit too dark. Still kind of hard to believe that an A list movie star would make a TV show. Times have certainly changed. Back in the day, no way Tom Cruise would ever be in television in his prime
    Watching Taboo too. So far it has been merely ok, but for some reason it makes me think that it's going to get good. Also been watching the Knick lately from Cinemax. Has its ups and downs, but overall good show.
    Danger Zone

Liking Taboo. Not liking having to watch it with closed caption on.
    ďJust because you're offended, doesn't mean you're right.Ē ― Ricky Gervais.

Homeland is overrated, I thought they had a good idea and ended up screwing everything up fast.

Same thing with House of cards man they screwed everything up.
    @WhatTheFFacts: Studies show that sarcasm enhances the ability of the human mind to solve complex problems!

12. The Following User Says Thank You to vnzla81 For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo

I bet if Netflix just outta nowhere made Saved By The Bell (minus the Indiana season[s?]) available to stream but just changed the name to "The 90s!" it'd be a huge hit with the kids. 14 year olds would be tweeting about how Zack Morris HAS to be the son of that guy from that lawyer show their mom loved.

Bates Motel season 4 was just as good as ever. Final season due to air next month I think. My fav TV shows from the last decade or so include Lost, Fargo, Bates Motel and Stranger Things.

Hell in Wheels is the **** I love it.
    @WhatTheFFacts: Studies show that sarcasm enhances the ability of the human mind to solve complex problems!

Quote Originally Posted by vnzla81 View Post
    Homeland is overrated, I thought they had a good idea and ended up screwing everything up fast.

Same thing with House of cards man they screwed everything up.
    I've only seen an episode of House of Cards but Homeland I watched for 2-3 seasons and just lost interest. When they decided to make Carrie a soap opera character and mentally unbalanced AND make that known to all of the CIA it lost credibility quickly with her still heavily involved in the CIA. I'm also not a fan of writing babies into shows because short term it might work to write around that angle, but that is quickly mined and then the kid is still there. No idea what they did with the kid at this point. Like I said, I quit watching.

On that note, they can kill baby Judith off at any time on TWD as far as I'm concerned.
    Last edited by Bball; 02-08-2017 at 03:46 PM.
    Nuntius was right for a while. I was wrong for a while. But ultimately I was right and Frank Vogel has been let go.

------

"A player who makes a team great is more valuable than a great player. Losing yourself in the group, for the good of the group, thatís teamwork."

-John Wooden

17. The Following User Says Thank You to Bball For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Bball View Post
    I've only seen an episode of House of Cards but Homeland I watched for 2-3 seasons and just lost interest. When they decided to make Carrie a soap opera character and mentally unbalanced AND make that known to all of the CIA it lost credibility quickly with her still heavily involved in the CIA. I'm also not a fan of writing babies into shows because short term it might work to write around that angle, but that is quickly mined and then the kid is still there. No idea what they did with the kid at this point. Like I said, I quit watching.

On that note, they can kill baby Judith off at any time on TWD as far as I'm concerned.

Homeland lost me when they decided to have the main character have an affair with the crazy guy, it just went to **** too fast for my liking.

Now it took last season for House of Cards to screw everything up, I was so disappointed.

19. The Following User Says Thank You to vnzla81 For This Useful Post:

Showtime shows have a history of great first/second seasons and then the show completely losing it's ****. Homeland, Weeds, Dexter. Shameless has stayed consistently great though.

I haven't found a pay channel series that does it for me period. They are all too weird for my tastes. Even the Sopranos didn't do much for me.

watching Judge Judy every day now

Gotham is great, Daredevil is also pretty good.

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by presto123 View Post
    I haven't found a pay channel series that does it for me period. They are all too weird for my tastes. Even the Sopranos didn't do much for me.
    Big Love was pretty good until it went of off the rails...
    Edit Signature

Homeland lost me when they decided to have the main character have an affair with the crazy guy, it just went to **** too fast for my liking.
    Yeah, that's when it started veering into soap opera land and just drilled deeper.

I'm about 3/4 of the way through The People Vs OJ Simpson. It's on Netflix. It's actually been surprisingly good. It took a little bit to accept Cuba Gooding Jr as OJ (his acting is fine, it's just that physically and especially vocally he doesn't really resemble OJ). But "Marcia Clark" is spot on. As is 'Chris Darden'. "Johnny Cochran" is also very well done, though isn't a dead ringer for Johnny physically, he's got his confidence and swagger and style down which pulls it together.
    Travolta as Shapiro is good as well.

F Lee Bailey isn't as imposing as he should be IMO. The real F Lee Bailey was a bigger guy, with a confident way about himself, and with a booming, theatrical voice that lent itself to courtroom dramatics. Besides the things on his resume' that he was proud about, he also had some baggage heading into the OJ trial. I think they touched on that but moved on.

Not sure about Robert Kardashian... Schwimmer plays him as Ross with Kardashian's hair. He always came across as stoic during the trial in real life but he's being played as more emotional. Which could be true... maybe that's how he was behind the scenes.
    Nuntius was right for a while. I was wrong for a while. But ultimately I was right and Frank Vogel has been let go.

------

"A player who makes a team great is more valuable than a great player. Losing yourself in the group, for the good of the group, thatís teamwork."

-John Wooden

Sports Logo

1st ep of Westworld was A-Mazing
    First time in a long time, I've been happy with the team that was constructed, and now they struggle. I blame the coach.

27. The Following User Says Thank You to Sparhawk For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by tora tora View Post

It gets SOOOOOO GOOOD as the seasons progress.
    Ash from Army of Darkness: Good...Bad...I'm the guy with the gun.

Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by Sparhawk View Post
    1st ep of Westworld was A-Mazing

Trust me....it gets WAAAAAY BETTER. Best TV Series of the season. Bar None.
    Ash from Army of Darkness: Good...Bad...I'm the guy with the gun.

30. The Following User Says Thank You to CableKC For This Useful Post:

Now it took last season for House of Cards to screw everything up, I was so disappointed.
    Just out of curiosity, what exactly didn't you like about House of Cards last season? I agree about Homeland. Doesn't have the same level of suspense anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by presto123 View Post
    Bates Motel season 4 was just as good as ever. Final season due to air next month I think. My fav TV shows from the last decade or so include Lost, Fargo, Bates Motel and Stranger Things.
    Bates Motel is pretty terrific. They have done a good job making Norman crazier each season. He used to be an OK dude, but after last season, he is a complete psychotic POS

33. The Following User Says Thank You to Pacergeek For This Useful Post: