Page 221 of 228 FirstFirst ... 121171211217218219220221222223224225 ... LastLast
Results 5,501 to 5,525 of 5686

Thread: What TV Show Did You Last Watch

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Default Re: What TV Show Did You Last Watch

There are 11 shows I'm watching right now. I officially feel old.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Shade For This Useful Post:

Undefeated

I've been watching 30 Rock from the beginning on Netflix. The show is scarily prescient in regards to current politics and very funny. As for new shows on network TV, I've been impressed with All of Us and I've enjoyed some episodes of Speechless. I also watched an episode of Mad Dogs on Amazon Prime and it was good enough that I'll check out some more.
    Danger Zone

Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by spreedom View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I watched all three seasons of Halt And Catch Fire over the past week or so. Very good show.
    I'm glad that I'm not the only one that watches that show. I have 3 or 4 episodes left to finish Season 2....but it is a very good show if you are familiar with the Silicon Valley 80s boom.
    Ash from Army of Darkness: Good...Bad...I'm the guy with the gun.

Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by TinManJoshua View Post
    Westworld is fantastic.
    The season so far for WestWorld has been pretty mind-blowing. Part of it is simply VERY GOOD writing, the rest is simply good Production Value for a TV show. It's one of those shows that plants seeds throughout the course of the season that bears proverbial fruit as the season progresses.

Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by Shade View Post
    I just finished binging TWD. Man, that Season 7 premiere was brutal. I knew what was going to happen and it was still rough.

Negan's great, though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    My nephews and I watch WestWorld and then TWD on Sundays ( in that order ).

We go from watching in awe of the great writing and grand scale of WestWorld to watching the poorly written and video edited show that is TWD ( seriously, watch the episode 2 weeks ago when they were running 3 different storylines in the same show and they were literally cutting between each storyline every 5 minutes ). It's unfortunate, but because are so spoiled by the riches of WestWorld....it's gotten to the point where we are making fun of TWD. At this point, if we were sane....we'd have quit TWD after that terrible way the cliffhanger was handled.....but we are so deep into this show that we just want to see what happens with the Saviors/Survivors/Kingdom/Hilltop.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to CableKC For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by presto123 View Post
    No offense, but I'm almost sure I will like Fargo, Bates Motel, and Stranger Things better than Westworld. I'll let you know.
    Do yourself a favor and watch more episodes......it's worth it.

The show is one of those shows that has a lot of "theories" of various aspects of the characters and mythos behind the overall storyline.

An example that shows IMHO the greatness of the show wasn't that there was some huge twist in the show itself by confirming one of the many "theories" of the show........but how the Writers decided to reveal it ( for those that watch the show, you'll know what I'm talking about ).

That one scene that I am referring to......was utterly MIND-BLOWING...even if it was something that many suspected from the beginning of the show. What's even better was how quick and simple the scene played out.

Sports Logo

re-watching Bob's Burgers

Watched the first episode of OA. Really liked it. Let's see where this crazy train goes.

Watched a few episodes of Black Mirror. It's like the Twilight Zone or Outer Limits. Good in my book!
    First time in a long time, I've been happy with the team that was constructed, and now they struggle. I blame the coach.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Sparhawk For This Useful Post:

Saw that Shameless finally made it to Netflix and started watching while off over Christmas. Love how they ignore boundaries and just keep the pedal to the floor. Into season three now and really enjoying it

Quote Originally Posted by Sparhawk View Post
    re-watching Bob's Burgers

Watched the first episode of OA. Really liked it. Let's see where this crazy train goes.

Watched a few episodes of Black Mirror. It's like the Twilight Zone or Outer Limits. Good in my book!
    Black Mirror is awesome.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to JB24 For This Useful Post:

Mood

Quote Originally Posted by Downtown Bang! View Post
    Saw that Shameless finally made it to Netflix and started watching while off over Christmas. Love how they ignore boundaries and just keep the pedal to the floor. Into season three now and really enjoying it
    That show is one of guilty pleasures.

15. The Following User Says Thank You to pogi For This Useful Post:

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by pogi View Post
    That show is one of guilty pleasures.
    It's great, but it's starting to get played out...
    * Most Humorous Poster Nominee (2004, 2005, 2010)
    * Off Topic Post of the Year Winner (2009)
    * Off Topic Thread of the Year Nominee (2010)

Formerly a naturallystoned, badinfluence...

Undefeated

Quote Originally Posted by Downtown Bang! View Post
    Watched the first seven episodes of Shameless last week. I enjoy it, but the disconnect between the show and reality is annoying. So far there are absolutely no consequences to any actions. Tons of laws being broken, everyone can stay up drinking all night with no real hangover issues, they have no heat in the middle of winter and no one is cold. Essentially, at least so far, there are no repercussions to anything, from being caught taking people's SATs, to drinking, to stealing cars, to beating up priests, to breaking things and having them fixed next episode, to being dirt poor and not having it affect the quality of life in any way.

All TV shows require some suspension of disbelief, but 7 episodes in and so far it has essentially been just poor and partying equals fun.
    Danger Zone

18. The Following User Says Thank You to Rogco For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by Rogco View Post
    Watched the first seven episodes of Shameless last week. I enjoy it, but the disconnect between the show and reality is annoying. So far there are absolutely no consequences to any actions. Tons of laws being broken, everyone can stay up drinking all night with no real hangover issues, they have no heat in the middle of winter and no one is cold. Essentially, at least so far, there are no repercussions to anything, from being caught taking people's SATs, to drinking, to stealing cars, to beating up priests, to breaking things and having them fixed next episode, to being dirt poor and not having it affect the quality of life in any way.

All TV shows require some suspension of disbelief, but 7 episodes in and so far it has essentially been just poor and partying equals fun.
    it doesn't change much, not for the core characters anyway. but they pick up and just drop never to be heard about again so many storylines it's hard to remember em all. I've watched all of it but like Natson said it's getting old. next season's pretty likely to be the last.

Over the top and cartoonish is kind of the point. Not everybody's thing and probably does get hard to sustain like others have said. I'm still laughing at this point.

Do love how they shoot so much of the show on location. Have spent some time in and around those neighborhoods and it adds some nice feel. Some authenticity at the core of some of those characters too.

Mood

But karma isn't always reality. I, personally, grew up with people like this...and a few of them are pretty successful now, with never having to experience any repercussions for things they've done in the past. And if you were to ever meet them, you would think they were some of the most sophisticated people you have ever met; yet would be appalled if I told you things I've seen them do when we were young

Sports Logo

Anyone watch OA?

I just finished the 4 ep. Something needs to happen soon. There's only 8 episodes and it's all backstory so far. I'm really losing my patience.
    First time in a long time, I've been happy with the team that was constructed, and now they struggle. I blame the coach.

Undefeated

Quote Originally Posted by pogi View Post
    But karma isn't always reality. I, personally, grew up with people like this...and a few of them are pretty successful now, with never having to experience any repercussions for things they've done in the past. And if you were to ever meet them, you would think they were some of the most sophisticated people you have ever met; yet would be appalled if I told you things I've seen them do when we were young
    Me too, but I'm not talking about Karma, just generally ignoring any actual cause and effect. As downtown mentioned, it comes across as cartoonish (like watching poor people live action Archer). It can be funny, but it comes across as really one-dimensional.
    Danger Zone

24. The Following User Says Thank You to Rogco For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo

Taboo with Tom Hardy on FX had a pretty strong first episode

Sent from my LG-D850 using Tapatalk

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Just finished watching Jonathan Strange and Mr. Norrell on Netflix a few days ago. It's a miniseries so it was nice to know I was only in for seven episodes in total and they were really good. A few special effects were very "tv" but the actors of most of the main roles were fantastic. I'm confused as to why this show wasn't a bigger thing. I remember reading an article on Grantland about it 2 years ago and have wanted to watch it since.

27. The Following User Says Thank You to funnyguy1105 For This Useful Post:

It is ka Thankee sai Major Cold's Avatar
    Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

OA is ok. Too much backstory that
    Spoiler Spoiler:

29. The Following User Says Thank You to Major Cold For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by Major Cold View Post
    OA is ok. Too much backstory that
    Spoiler Spoiler:
    I feel like season 2 could be good, but I did not like how season 1 ended. All that backstory seemed a waste of time, but who knows. It was left too open at the end.
    Spoiler Spoiler:

I'm all for leaving questions out there, but the last couple episodes introduced too many questions and answered none. That's not how you should ever plan a show out. At least Stranger Things tied up some loose ends.

Sports Logo

self proclaimed "basketball podcaster" is the 2x reigning Jeopardy champ. never heard of the guy, got a strong belief "basketball podcaster" is AKA "unemployed", but I don't care. ONE OF US ONE OF US ONE OF US

Sports Logo

Got HBO. Will start Westworld and back on GOT here soon.

Has anyone watched the Leftovers. Watched the 1st episode. Didn't really grab me at all. Not a single likeable person, though they are all pretty broken. So maybe I just need to give it more time.

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Project runway all stars.

So what.

Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by ilive4sports View Post
    Project runway all stars.

So what.
    Judge free zone, my friend.

35. The Following User Says Thank You to Sparhawk For This Useful Post: