Page 214 of 224 FirstFirst ... 114164204210211212213214215216217218 ... LastLast
Results 5,326 to 5,350 of 5598

Thread: What TV Show Did You Last Watch

Sports Logo

Default Re: What TV Show Did You Last Watch

This billions show is so beneath this cast it's incredible. These people have awful financial managers. Stop taking meetings with showtime

You Did It Joseph!!!! AesopRockOn's Avatar
    Mood

Until recently, I had never seen an episode of Twin Peaks. Just finished the first season and got into the first couple episodes of the second season. It seems like Lynch and Frost discovered way before anyone else how TV could be a writer/director/auteur's medium. I really enjoyed it, but I've been a little hesitant to dive back in for the full second seasons. I've heard it loses a lot of its magic, partially because it's the standard 22-episode season. Anyone else feel that way, or should I finish the show without looking back?

It is ka Thankee sai Major Cold's Avatar
    Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

AMC needs to dump this guy. Talking Saul is a horrible idea, especially with this Ryan Seacrest wannabe.

This season is for Travis ECKrueger's Avatar

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by Major Cold View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    AMC needs to dump this guy. Talking Saul is a horrible idea, especially with this Ryan Seacrest wannabe.
    I can't stand that guy. I like to watch Talking Dead to hear from the actors and see behind the scenes, but the guest and the host are terrible. I don't want to hear from them. I can read opinions or make my own, but producers, writers, actors, directors, etc. actually offer something unique.

Vince Gilligan has confirmed Walter White will be appearing in a future Better Call Saul episode. Not this season though... And Bryan Cranston has signed on to direct an episode.

Any other show and I'd say it would be a hokey gimmick cheapening both shows. But I suspect it'll be anything but that with the way the writing, acting, and directing has been for both shows. Of course it could just be a cameo Easter egg with WW appearing in the background of a scene in a 'don't blink or you'll miss it' way. But I imagine it'll be something tastefully crafted that will make all the sense in the world when it happens... yet won't be anything we could see coming beforehand. I guess it could be anything from the aforementioned don't blink or you'll miss it scene, to something concurrent in the current timeline, to some type of flash forward scene to connect with a current timeline scene in some way to show the character development of Jimmy/Saul. Or possibly it's the already preconceived series finale.
    Nuntius was right for a while. I was wrong for a while. But ultimately I was right and Frank Vogel has been let go.

------

"A player who makes a team great is more valuable than a great player. Losing yourself in the group, for the good of the group, thatís teamwork."

-John Wooden

Quote Originally Posted by AesopRockOn View Post
    Until recently, I had never seen an episode of Twin Peaks. Just finished the first season and got into the first couple episodes of the second season. It seems like Lynch and Frost discovered way before anyone else how TV could be a writer/director/auteur's medium. I really enjoyed it, but I've been a little hesitant to dive back in for the full second seasons. I've heard it loses a lot of its magic, partially because it's the standard 22-episode season. Anyone else feel that way, or should I finish the show without looking back?
    Season 2 shifts course pretty dramatically after the resolution of Laura's murder, which happens pretty early. It feels much more supernatural than season 1.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Shade For This Useful Post:

Mood

Quote Originally Posted by Shade View Post
    Season 2 shifts course pretty dramatically after the resolution of Laura's murder, which happens pretty early. It feels much more supernatural than season 1.
    It's been YEARS since I've seen that show, but either I missed, or forgot whom killed Laura. Whom was it that did it?

Mood

House of Cards season 4 was a downer for me. It has turned into Scandal.

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by Major Cold View Post
    House of Cards season 4 was a downer for me. It has turned into Scandal.
    I absolutely loved it actually.

Mood

Cant wait to watch Daredevil season 2 this weekend.

You Did It Joseph!!!! AesopRockOn's Avatar
    Mood

Quote Originally Posted by pogi View Post
    It's been YEARS since I've seen that show, but either I missed, or forgot whom killed Laura. Whom was it that did it?
    I can let you know in a month or two.

Sports Logo

Vinyl any good? It looks like HBO giving Scorsese a blank check and saying have fun. Which means it looks ****** to me.

Mood

Daredevil season 2 has been great. I think this is the best superhero show out there. In fact there is so much that Netflix does that I love. Is anyone watching Hulu's 11.22.63? I might do a month of hulu to watch that show.

Just finished Daredevil S2. Amazingly, it's even better than S1. They did Punisher beautifully and the action seasons were amazing as before. S3 can't get here fast enough. And looking forward to Luke Cage later this year.
    Don't ask Marvin Harrison what he did during the bye week. "Batman never told where the Bat Cave is," he explained.

16. The Following User Says Thank You to Suaveness For This Useful Post:

Spoiler Spoiler:

Mood

Quote Originally Posted by Heisenberg View Post
    Vinyl any good? It looks like HBO giving Scorsese a blank check and saying have fun. Which means it looks ****** to me.
    So far it's been good enough to keep me watching, but not good enough to get me excited about watching it.

Mood

Quote Originally Posted by Shade View Post
    Spoiler Spoiler:
    Ahhh...yes...I forgot. Now I remember I was like ....I enjoyed the movie though: Fire walk with me, I believe it was called?

Ahhh...yes...I forgot. Now I remember I was like ....I enjoyed the movie though: Fire walk with me, I believe it was called?
    Yep. FWWM was apparently much-maligned by critics, but I thought it was okay.

Quote Originally Posted by Suaveness View Post
    Just finished Daredevil S2. Amazingly, it's even better than S1. They did Punisher beautifully and the action seasons were amazing as before. S3 can't get here fast enough. And looking forward to Luke Cage later this year.
    S2 was really good, but I still have to give the slight edge to S1. S2 was a bit predictable. I had four predictions going into S2 and they all came to pass. S2 probably has better replay value than S1, though.

I did notice in one of the last episodes there was a fight scene where DD threw a kick while fighting an army of ninjas, but there was nobody there.

Mood

Not too bad of a show... Just not a great show in a sea of other options.

I feel like the actors and premise are a good ball of clay to work with but I'm still waiting on the writers to make something out of it.

Well, we're coming up on the season finale of TWD. It's been an interesting season. It's been entertaining to me but I can't say I don't have some nit-picking moments. I didn't like the Glenn fake out. That just seemed cheap. Almost late season "Dexter"ish. But then there are some excuses why they might've done it (which I'll have to spoiler tag). But even the excuses are a little thin because the show didn't exactly let fans off the hook with a quick resolution.

Then this weekend we get the 'big bad' that everyone has been waiting on. Everyone knows, SOMEONE is going to die... well.... supposedly we all know it! Just a question of who. But then the spoilers came out and said....
    Spoiler Spoiler:
    Last edited by Bball; 03-29-2016 at 07:47 PM.
    Nuntius was right for a while. I was wrong for a while. But ultimately I was right and Frank Vogel has been let go.

------

"A player who makes a team great is more valuable than a great player. Losing yourself in the group, for the good of the group, thatís teamwork."

-John Wooden

TWD:
    So the spoiler was 100% accurate...
    How cheap. Awful ending as compared to what could've been....

------

-John Wooden

Sports Logo

who died by getting smashed in the head with a bat?

the people who still give a **** about that dumb show.

Sports Logo

Carl on Shameless has to watch a DePaul game with his old lady's hard *** cop dad. I can't think of a worse night for a teenager. you couldn't pay me to watch DePaul play basketball.

Sports Logo

who died by getting smashed in the head with a bat?

the people who still give a **** about that dumb show.
    Watched TWD finale yesterday night. Just like the other millions of viewers that watched that show knowing that a major character was going to be killed off.....but than we were all disappointed that the Writers decided to give every TWD view blue balls for 6 months waiting to find out who gets a date with Lucille.

The episode did a REALLY good job of building up the tension throughout the entire episode. I knew from the moment that Rick decided to go after Negan's group that it would blow up in their face because he got cocky and SEVERELY underestimated their #s. But the impending and building dread when Rick and Co starting to realize that they SEVERELY underestimated Negan's group and then seeing Rick as he kneeled down with the utter panic and lost look on his face when you can see that they were in deep s***, left a pit in my stomach as the moment approached. But than the Writers of the show killed the moment by not showing who gets killed and it ruined the whole climax of this 2nd part of the season.
    Ash from Army of Darkness: Good...Bad...I'm the guy with the gun.