Page 20 of 185 FirstFirst ... 101617181920212223243070120 ... LastLast

Thread: What TV Show Did You Last Watch

Default Re: What TV Show Did You Last Watch

That's the end of Angel season 2 and referencing the end of Buffy season 5.

Yep, so they are actually about 8 episodes past that, because I'm like 5 episodes behind on the DVR.

Quote Originally Posted by Mal View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    (I want to say it was called "Tru Calling")
    WOW.

If that wasn't an advice call-in show featuring Ron Artest, it should have been. I challenge you to name one person who wouldn't watch that. I'm calling investors right now.

It was a show about a girl who would relive a day when a person died and her challenge was to stop that person from dying. It had some decent episodes, and even the season ending when she is working against a person just like her, but whos job it is to make sure the person dies got an intersting twist when she finds out its her brother.

Quote Originally Posted by Gyron View Post
    It was a show about a girl who would relive a day when a person died and her challenge was to stop that person from dying. It had some decent episodes, and even the season ending when she is working against a person just like her, but whos job it is to make sure the person dies got an intersting twist when she finds out its her brother.
    Was her brother Foul Monday?

Thank you for the info JayRedd Muchly appreciated and I will try to watch some episodes.

The last show I watched was Scrubs season 6 on my computer

Season 6? I thought Season 5 was last year, not 6? Have I really lost that much track of time?

This past season was Season 6. I guess you have lost a year of the show.

Big Brother
    Chappelle Show
    King of Queens
    Scrubs

The Wire, Season 3

Wow. Just, wow.
    Come to the Dark Side -- There's cookies!

Big Brother
    America's Funniest Videos
    South Park
    Planet Earth
    Dallas Swat
    Scrubs

Quote Originally Posted by Kegboy View Post
    The Wire, Season 3

Wow. Just, wow.
    Better than the 1st season?

Quote Originally Posted by Unclebuck View Post
    Better than the 1st season?
    Yeah, I think so. You had the politics and Cutty and a much more palatable ending for an idealist like me. I know that nothing really changed, that Marlo just swooped in and took over. However, he would seem much easier to take down than B&B were, unless he wises up and joins the co-op.

I want a spinoff about Omar and Brother Mouzone. They could start with taking out Clay Davis. I was with String, I'd like to see somebody do him right. Teach him for messing with the wrong people.

Yes, this show has left me morally bankrupt.

Yeah, I think so. You had the politics and Cutty and a much more palatable ending for an idealist like me. I know that nothing really changed, that Marlo just swooped in and took over. However, he would seem much easier to take down than B&B were, unless he wises up and joins the co-op.

I want a spinoff about Omar and Brother Mouzone. They could start with taking out Clay Davis. I was with String, I'd like to see somebody do him right. Teach him for messing with the wrong people.

Yes, this show has left me morally bankrupt.
    Did you watch the commentaries in season 3 and the interview with many of the cast and crew. Just curious.

The amazing thing is that season 4 is supposed to be the best yet.

Watching "The Wire" is so wierd. Because you find yourself rooting for characters that you would normally hate in other shows or movies. Omar for example, or String, and (I cannot think of his name, the drug addict snitch - I can't believe I can't come up with his name - he tries to turn his life around, but you know he can't)

Another thing that is wierd, after watching 3 seasons of the Wire, now when you see any of the actors in other shows or movies, you cannot accept them in the new roles because they are so vivid in the Wire.

Bubbles.

I'm gonna go back and watch the commentaries and features next week.

Yeah, it was tough seeing String and Avon turn on each other like that. That's why I don't see Marlo doing as well, he's a loner and doesn't have the balancing influence they had on one another.

As for misplaced loyalties, to paraphrase what somebody said, "I'd take an honorable criminal over a crooked cop any day." Rawls and Burrell are just too much to stomach most of the time.

[edit] As for seeing actors in other things, you read the Lost thread?
    Last edited by Kegboy; 08-24-2007 at 09:25 AM.

More of Angel. Just watched the episode where Fred's parents com back. Hilarious that her mom smashes the big bad bug demon with the Bus.

Also watched the Fever game. ONE HELL OF A GAME!

Also watched Ace of Cakes on Food network. A cool show. They make some really amazing cakes on that show. http://http://www.foodnetwork.com/fo..._26996,00.html

Spike TV's Wild Videos

Always enjoy watching a good car chase but sometimes it amazes me how far the cops will go to catch the guy.

Bubbles.

I'm gonna go back and watch the commentaries and features next week.

Yeah, it was tough seeing String and Avon turn on each other like that. That's why I don't see Marlo doing as well, he's a loner and doesn't have the balancing influence they had on one another.

As for misplaced loyalties, to paraphrase what somebody said, "I'd take an honorable criminal over a crooked cop any day." Rawls and Burrell are just too much to stomach most of the time.

[edit] As for seeing actors in other things, you read the Lost thread?
    Keg, I watched season 3 a year ago and I thought I posted something about it in this thread, so I went back and found it. (if you are interested there is quite a bit of talk about the Wire in this thread pages 11 and 12)

Anyway, here is what I wrote about season 3 of the Wire. 12 months ago

I just finished season 3 of the Wire and yes I'll admit the first 4 or 5 episodes are a little weak, the last 4 or 5 are as good as anything I've ever seen on TV. Wow, the second to the last episode was a classic from start to finish it was so amazing I had to watch it twice.

Keg, if you notice the best episodes are written by George Pelecanos

Bow-tie is great. Unfortunately, we don't see him in Season 4. But fortunately, it's in even another class than Season 3, which I know is hard to believe, but trust me.

Especially since you found the politics side interesting, you'll be dig it. They go deep into City Hall and all that. Carcetti, Clay Davis, Daniels' wife, Theresa and some others from that side all take more prominent roles.

That and the schools are the main theme. It looks at the younger generation of kids growing up -- the 10 to 14-year-olds -- and really explores the "formative years" if you will of the urban underclass. As you can imagine, it all hits home a little more with kids involved and you find yourself rooting for them even moreso that folk like Bubs, String and Omar.

Plus, Marlo's got employees that really, really enjoy their work. That's all needs saying on that matter.

And there's a lot more Cutty, which is always good. And we get to see an even rounder character development for Bunk too, and since he's one of my Top 5 favorites, I thought that was great.

Wow, I just finished season one of "Battlestar" and I did not see that coming at all. It was a great episode though - almost too many dramatic things were happening all at once in one episode. The director should have won an Emmy award for sure.

So after a few episode early to mid season which I found a little boring, the last few episodes were excellent - so I need to watch season 2

The mid-season finale and the season finale of season 2 are pretty good too. Mid-season 3 wasn't as much (some tension though), but the end of season 3 (where we are now; season 4 isn't until January) is packed as well.

Big Brother.

Continuing with Angel and Robin Hood Series.

I'm really liking the Robin Hood series. They have done an excellent job with that series in the filing, the fighting, and the acting. I just watched the episode where a significant character dies. I can not believe they killed the person off. I won't say who in case anyone else watches the series so I don't spoil anything.

I'm into the season of Angel with the whole Holtz story line. And quite honestly, I find it to be pretty boring. That was probably the worst season of Angel out of all of them.

King of the Hill
    King of Queens
    The Colbert Report

Angel. Just watched the episode where Cordi and Grueselog are trying to komshuck(sp?)(I'm gonna start referring to it as komshucking for here on out, my son will never figure that one out....) , but she needs a "super natural condom" so she won't lose her powers to Grue. Actually a funny episode, with a ending that foreshadows the mess to come. With the words "The father shall kill the son" or something to that effect being the translation at the end.

Sesame Street
    Thank God You're Here
    That 70's Show

Quote Originally Posted by Unclebuck View Post
    Wow, I just finished season one of "Battlestar" and I did not see that coming at all. It was a great episode though - almost too many dramatic things were happening all at once in one episode. The director should have won an Emmy award for sure.

So after a few episode early to mid season which I found a little boring, the last few episodes were excellent - so I need to watch season 2
    Hee hee. When it happened, I screamed, "Holy ****!"

The first halfs of Seasons 2 and 3 rock, the second halfs drop off though until the finales.