Page 185 of 185 FirstFirst ... 85135175181182183184185
Results 4,601 to 4,618 of 4618

Thread: What TV Show Did You Last Watch

Default Re: What TV Show Did You Last Watch

Like a moth to a flame I keep watching Falling Skies. I just think this show has lost any sense of direction. The show started out after the alien invasion so never really answered the questions how or why it all happened. Which is all well and good I suppose except it seems that not answering that question has allowed the story and plot to meander under a myriad of writers. Then they committed the #1 sin in all of TVLand and instead of hiding the fact that one of the main characters was pregnant in real life, or using it for a quick bit of dramatic effect and killing the baby off in short order, instead they tried to incorporate it into the script in a major way that obviously never was planned to be a major plot point of the show. And it's IMHO just been a cliched mess where it has led the show.

Also been watching The Last Ship. This is another show that I think would be better off with a defined beginning, middle, and an end. So either it should be a mini-series or a movie. It's another survival show and those really only have one plot: Bad stuff happens, the survivors try to get to a good place in their new lives, all is good... then something bad happens and it's rinse and repeat. So in this case, while the goal of finding a vaccine (or cure I suppose) is out there, once they find it the show is over. Or if they don't find it eventually their own luck must run out. Those are the only possible endings ultimately. So in between the start and that eventual ending how many times can they play out that rinse and repeat plot line in between?
    Nuntius was right. I was wrong. Frank Vogel has retained his job.

------

"A player who makes a team great is more valuable than a great player. Losing yourself in the group, for the good of the group, thatís teamwork."

-John Wooden

haven't really seen anything memorable, just getting ready for shark week- that's usually a good watch.

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Just started Season 4 of Breaking Bad. Fantastic show, I've loved every minute of it. I like The Sopranos better because it has more humor and a wider variety of characters, but Breaking Bad is right behind it on my all time favorite dramas. At the point I'm at now, Walt has made quite a transition into a ruthless all out drug criminal.

4. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Sollozzo For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Sollozzo View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Just started Season 4 of Breaking Bad. Fantastic show, I've loved every minute of it. I like The Sopranos better because it has more humor and a wider variety of characters, but Breaking Bad is right behind it on my all time favorite dramas. At the point I'm at now, Walt has made quite a transition into a ruthless all out drug criminal.
    Such a great show, I wish I could erase my memory and re watch it

6. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to ThA HoyA For This Useful Post:

I will venture to say that Season 4 and Season 5 part 1/ Season 5 part 2 will, if not surpass The Sopranos for you, move it into a close tie.
    The 4th season is really the show in its stride, and then the 5th season is simply pedal to the metal. They clearly weren't out of steam in that last season and there's just no filler at all. Everything pretty much has a point and purpose. It's not like they stall to get to the ending. I think they could've easily done another season just by drawing out that last half season more than they did and exploring things a little more in depth. There are just things coming at you right and left in that last season.

I finally bit the bullet and started watching TWD. I'm somewhere in the 2nd season. The pilot episode never did much for me when I watched it months ago. I'm not ever sure the 2nd episode did that much for me last week but I stuck with it.... and from about episode 3 on I have been hooked so far.

------

"A player who makes a team great is more valuable than a great player. Losing yourself in the group, for the good of the group, thatís teamwork."

-John Wooden

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Bball For This Useful Post:

Half way through season 8 of How I Met Your Mother. Looking forward to the final season. Hopefully Netflix adds it soon.
    Lance + Starting SG = Awesome

Now really free Lance!

So I am catching up on TWD and on the 6th episode of the 4th season. I'm pretty sure this started somewhere in the 3rd season, and it's well cemented into the 4th season, and I certainly don't recall it from the 1st two seasons.... But am I the only one that thinks these soundtrack songs they've started (over)using are just horrible and not fitting at all?

Did the producer owe someone a favor? Does his nephew have a band?

------

-John Wooden

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

I have been getting an unofficial Aaron Paul fill lately, watching season two of Big Love and Bojack Horseman...
    * Most Humorous Poster Nominee (2004, 2005, 2010)
    * Off Topic Post of the Year Winner (2009)
    * Off Topic Thread of the Year Nominee (2010)

Formerly a naturallystoned, badinfluence...

Just finished Season 4 of Breaking Bad. Am I the only one who likes Gus more than Walt?

Just finished Season 4 of Breaking Bad. Am I the only one who likes Gus more than Walt?

Gus is great. Like him more than Walt? at times sure.

Quote Originally Posted by Unclebuck View Post
    Gus is great. Like him more than Walt? at times sure.
    Walt was an idiot for telling Gus that Jesse was planning on going after the drug dealers who killed his friend and later (presumably) the little boy. If they had simply axed the dealers without ever voicing their issues to Gus, then there is no way that Gus would have been able to ever make the connection.

Gus had a great thing going until he got involved with Walt and Jesse. Yeah I realize they temporarily made him a lot of money, but in the end it crashed into flames. Gus was much more rational when it came to business than Walt and Jesse. Walt and Jesse are great cooks who can temporarily succeed, but in the end they are just too toxic. Jesse is too emotional and easily manipulated by Walt, whose vanity and ego will always be his undoing. Mike has been right to always distrust Walt.

The Walking Dead is getting a spin off- Allegedly a stand alone series showing what is happening in some other part of the country/world and not connected to Georgia or the current characters. So no character crossover (although you KNOW it'll happen eventually.... IMO)....

http://insidetv.ew.com/2014/09/05/wa...panion-series/

------

-John Wooden

16. The Following User Says Thank You to Bball For This Useful Post:

I cheered when
    Spoiler Spoiler:
    By the end I wish I'd chosen a different username.

Crap, forgot you haven't finished. Edited and spoiler tagged it, hope you didn't see it.
    Last edited by Heisenberg; 09-05-2014 at 04:11 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Heisenberg View Post
    I cheered when
    Spoiler Spoiler:
    By the end I wish I'd chosen a different username.

Crap, forgot you haven't finished. Edited and spoiler tagged it, hope you didn't see it.
    There was one person who survived that I absolutely, above all others, wanted to perish. **** them for surviving.

Spoiler Spoiler:

There were several points in the show where
    Spoiler Spoiler:
    Last edited by Bball; 09-05-2014 at 04:53 PM.

------

-John Wooden

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

The alternate ending to HIMYM has leaked. Much better..though I do kinda prefer Barney's original ending. For everyone else though, this is the "real" ending to me.

One problem, though...

Spoiler Spoiler:

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by Sparhawk View Post
    Half way through season 8 of How I Met Your Mother. Looking forward to the final season. Hopefully Netflix adds it soon.
    The final season is by far the worst. There are still a few little gems here and there, but don't get your hopes too high.

22. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Shade For This Useful Post:

Nathan For You

Hilarious show. It's on Comedy Central, for the uninitiated. This socially awkward guy goes around pitching outlandish ideas to "help" faltering businesses. The first season is good, the second season kills.