Page 183 of 185 FirstFirst ... 83133173179180181182183184185 LastLast
Results 4,551 to 4,575 of 4617

Thread: What TV Show Did You Last Watch

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Default Re: What TV Show Did You Last Watch

Quote Originally Posted by graphic-er View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Big Giants with their own Bow and arrows that can shoot twice as high as a human's? Riding Wooly Mammoths. A Giant Scythe that is anchored into the ice wall! I was losing my mind!
    I really thought they transcended TV. It looked like a fight scene from a movie with ten times their budget.

Finally finished The Sopranos. I got the box set for Christmas and it took me about five months to watch the series from start to finish. What an awesome experience. It's just that perfect series where acting, storyline, writing, directing, and production all come together to form the ultimate masterpiece. I can't wait to watch it again in a couple of years.

Now it's time for me to watch a new series. I guess I'll pick Breaking Bad next since it's on Netflix. I've never watched it before and need to see what I missed out on.

Quote Originally Posted by Sollozzo View Post
    Finally finished The Sopranos. I got the box set for Christmas and it took me about five months to watch the series from start to finish. What an awesome experience. It's just that perfect series where acting, storyline, writing, directing, and production all come together to form the ultimate masterpiece. I can't wait to watch it again in a couple of years.

Now it's time for me to watch a new series. I guess I'll pick Breaking Bad next since it's on Netflix. I've never watched it before and need to see what I missed out on.

If you haven't been watching Fargo that could be a quick watch as it's only 10 episodes. Trust me, it's one of the best shows ever put on television. Even better than the acclaimed movie.

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to presto123 For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

I am really like this season and it is much better than what I thought it would be. I am little annoyed at the mole plot, but cannot have a 24 season without a mole. The only thing that I can really gripe about is just how silly it is that they are in England and yet England really is not really involved in anything. I think it would be better if they had the CIA and SIS working with Jack.

I know there should be a suspension of disbelief, but that is the only thing that really bugs me.

Finished up the critically acclaimed Fargo series. Not a perfect finale, but good enough to make the show one of my favs of all time. Can't wait to re-watch it. Highly recommended!!!!!

Season 1 does a lot of character structure building. It's really around the last couple of episodes of S1 where they start putting the pacing together and it just sets sail from there with you having a really good knowledge about the main players in the show to help you understand future actions.

And the shows do a great job opening with a WTF? scene that will keep you hooked and then backtracking in the story to explain that scene. They dole those out in different ways thru the run of the series... From showing you something that happens towards the end of the episode (flash forward) and then piecing that story together for that episode... To slowly doling out scenes from a season ending story arc that will have you hooked trying to figure out what is going or how where you are now will get to whatever the opening is showing. It's really well done.

And the beauty of it is, starting now, you know the vast majority of viewers consider the series finale a great and satisfying series ending. So there's little worry about watching the series and having it fall apart halfway thru its run or ending on a cliched, unsatisfying cop-out ending that doesn't really make any sense. I'm looking at you Dexter!

The show went out with its creative spark extremely high so arguably the last season was the best season. It was pedal on the metal that last season with a bunch of story to tell instead of filler just trying to get to the last episode.
    Last edited by Bball; 06-23-2014 at 12:32 PM.
    Nuntius was right. I was wrong. Frank Vogel has retained his job.

------

"A player who makes a team great is more valuable than a great player. Losing yourself in the group, for the good of the group, thatís teamwork."

-John Wooden

Starting to watch GoT again since I've built up a lot of episodes. I was 2 seasons behind.

Just saw the Red Wedding last night. Holy crap, that was an awesome episode. I also really like Arya and the Hounds interactions, so I'm glad that will continue. However, I really want Arya to begin her training w/ the Faceless men.
    Lance + Starting SG = Awesome

Now really free Lance!

Quote Originally Posted by Bball View Post
    And the beauty of it is, starting now, you know the vast majority of viewers consider the series finale a great and satisfying series ending. So there's little worry about watching the series and having it fall apart halfway thru its run or ending on a cliched, unsatisfying cop-out ending that doesn't really make any sense. I'm looking at you Dexter!
    I think it's widely held that The Sopranos has one of the most controversial, love-it-or-hate-it endings in TV history.

Quote Originally Posted by Sparhawk View Post
    Starting to watch GoT again since I've built up a lot of episodes. I was 2 seasons behind.

Just saw the Red Wedding last night. Holy crap, that was an awesome episode. I also really like Arya and the Hounds interactions, so I'm glad that will continue. However, I really want Arya to begin her training w/ the Faceless men.
    Was Red Wedding unspoiled for you? I really hope so but it's crazy for me to imagine anyone could make it to June-almost-July 2014 without having that spoiled.

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Hibbert View Post
    Was Red Wedding unspoiled for you? I really hope so but it's crazy for me to imagine anyone could make it to June-almost-July 2014 without having that spoiled.
    I was good at staying away from spoilers. I already knew they were going to die, but not how. Man, that was just brutal.

I want to read the books, but I won't start til the last book has a date. I had to wait forever for the Wheel of Time books and I started another series where the author is notoriously slow. Not doing that again!

Now really free Lance!

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Sparhawk For This Useful Post:

Never watched any of the Sopranos until now. Watched the first three episodes of Season 1 and I'm moderately impressed. Never been a big mafia movie guy so I doubt this will be my fav TV show or anything. I will continue on for a bit and see how it goes.

I was good at staying away from spoilers. I already knew they were going to die, but not how. Man, that was just brutal.

I want to read the books, but I won't start til the last book has a date. I had to wait forever for the Wheel of Time books and I started another series where the author is notoriously slow. Not doing that again!
    That's actually smart strategy.

1) The series is going increasingly further away from the books. So they're really becoming two separate things. You could read the series now and feel like you had a mostly new story.

2) Yes. Waiting for TWOW and ADOS sucks.

Quote Originally Posted by thewholefnshow31 View Post

I am really like this season and it is much better than what I thought it would be. I am little annoyed at the mole plot, but cannot have a 24 season without a mole. The only thing that I can really gripe about is just how silly it is that they are in England and yet England really is not really involved in anything. I think it would be better if they had the CIA and SIS working with Jack.

I know there should be a suspension of disbelief, but that is the only thing that really bugs me.
    I have enjoyed it also. I hae watched every episode of 24 all seasons. And I still enjoy it, and it is one of my alltime favorite shows. Sure it has its weaknesses, but it still holds my attention

It's hard to say where Falling Skies jumped the shark. There are just so many things to choose from. I'd have to say a leading point was when the actress that plays Anne got pregnant in real life and they decided to write it into the script. It's been a plot and storyline mish-mash since then.

Then this season you can throw out everything you thought you knew about all of the aliens because the writers apparently decided to reboot them and now they've all totally changed their ways. Except there's no good reason (so far) to explain why they'd do that.
    Nuntius was right. I was wrong. Frank Vogel has retained his job.

------

"A player who makes a team great is more valuable than a great player. Losing yourself in the group, for the good of the group, thatís teamwork."

-John Wooden

Maybe this has already been mentioned in the thread, but has anyone watched Orange Is the New Black? It's a very good show. I have two episodes left of Season 2.

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Maybe this has already been mentioned in the thread, but has anyone watched Orange Is the New Black? It's a very good show. I have two episodes left of Season 2.
    The wife and I are taking season two as slowly as we can...
    * Most Humorous Poster Nominee (2004, 2005, 2010)
    * Off Topic Post of the Year Winner (2009)
    * Off Topic Thread of the Year Nominee (2010)

Formerly a naturallystoned, badinfluence...

Worth it? I've been getting more and more into fantasy reading. I've read the ASOIAF series, Inheritance Cycle, King Killer Chronicle, I just finished Farseer Trilogy, skipped over the LiveShip Traders Trilogy, and flung myself into the Tawny Man Trilogy. For some reason, I have difficulty picking new books/series, but once I do I binge read.
    ďJust because you're offended, doesn't mean you're right.Ē ― Ricky Gervais.

What if someone from a school of business or management school were to ask, How did you do this? How did you get the Pacers turned around? Is there a general approach you've taken that can be summarized?

Larry Bird: Yeah, patience.

Quote Originally Posted by Since86 View Post
    Worth it? I've been getting more and more into fantasy reading. I've read the ASOIAF series, Inheritance Cycle, King Killer Chronicle, I just finished Farseer Trilogy, skipped over the LiveShip Traders Trilogy, and flung myself into the Tawny Man Trilogy. For some reason, I have difficulty picking new books/series, but once I do I binge read.
    The second part of what I wrote was for the Kingkiller Chronicle. I was worried when the author said it was a trilogy. How can he finish in one more book. But only Kvothe's story of himself finishes the initial trilogy. There will be more after, probably another trilogy. Patrick Rothfuss is freaking great!! Kingkiller Chronicles are 2 of my favorite books to read over and over. Just a very slow writer.

Wheel of Time are great books, but the last book was a complete rush job. Every book has their pace, and they are far from frantic. The last book is nonstop battle after battle. You have no time to take a breath and relax. I understand they wanted to finish the series, but it should have been 2 or 3 more books to get it perfect. I just didn't like the frantic pace of the book. Also, Sanderson's own character that he added had way too much book time. He was only introduced in the previous book and he had a bunch of time in the last book. Was not a fan of that at all.

However, Sanderson has a gift for writing action sequences. The battles were superbly written, imo.

Now really free Lance!

21. The Following User Says Thank You to Sparhawk For This Useful Post:

The second part of what I wrote was for the Kingkiller Chronicle. I was worried when the author said it was a trilogy. How can he finish in one more book. But only Kvothe's story of himself finishes the initial trilogy. There will be more after, probably another trilogy. Patrick Rothfuss is freaking great!! Kingkiller Chronicles are 2 of my favorite books to read over and over. Just a very slow writer.

Wheel of Time are great books, but the last book was a complete rush job. Every book has their pace, and they are far from frantic. The last book is nonstop battle after battle. You have no time to take a breath and relax. I understand they wanted to finish the series, but it should have been 2 or 3 more books to get it perfect. I just didn't like the frantic pace of the book. Also, Sanderson's own character that he added had way too much book time. He was only introduced in the previous book and he had a bunch of time in the last book. Was not a fan of that at all.

However, Sanderson has a gift for writing action sequences. The battles were superbly written, imo.
    Kingkiller has been dragging, especially the 2nd book. All the interesting aspects of the first book were not expounded upon at all, and frankly it was disappointing. I really like Rothfuss's writing style, but it definitely could be better.

WoT are not all great books. Back in the beginning RJ did a good job with pacing and keeping the story interesting. But once he hit books 5-10 it just dragged completely, which is the huge downside of the series. The books are so long that it's hard to keep going. When Sanderson took over the pacing got tremendously better. A ton of crap happened that last book but there really wasn't much he could do other than extend it another book, which would have been the worst.

Sanderson's action/battles are terrific. I really do love Sanderson, but the issue I have with his new series is that it takes took long before it gets to the Sanderson Avalanche. When he gets there it's freaking amazing and I love his writing. But I wish there was more action spread throughout the books. For example, his Mistborn trilogy is fantastic. Also love that all his books are connected.
    Don't ask Marvin Harrison what he did during the bye week. "Batman never told where the Bat Cave is," he explained.

23. The Following User Says Thank You to Suaveness For This Useful Post:

I watched it with my Fiance. There are some great characters, but largely I don't feel sorry for a single one, and I don't gravitate towards any of them either. It's a good show but I can't get into it because it seems like half the time they are trying to make you feel sorry that these women are in jail, when they all really deserve it. Plus it does that typical 70s thing where it makes the characters doing the incarcerating more disgusting than the people that are actual criminals.

25. The Following User Says Thank You to TinManJoshua For This Useful Post:

You Did It Joseph!!!! AesopRockOn's Avatar
    Mood

I know at least two of you watch Legend of Korra. Well, I guess they pushed up the premiere date for season 3, presumably because of the leaks of some of the episodes. Anyways, it starts back up on Friday night at (no idea) p.m. on Nick. One of the most beautifully animated series ever, it's kind of the GoT of kids shows. I'm kind of hoping they chill on the crazy plots and let this season breathe just a little.

The Legend of Korra: Book 3 Official Trailer

27. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to AesopRockOn For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by AesopRockOn View Post
    I know at least two of you watch Legend of Korra. Well, I guess they pushed up the premiere date for season 3, presumably because of the leaks of some of the episodes. Anyways, it starts back up on Friday night at (no idea) p.m. on Nick. One of the most beautifully animated series ever, it's kind of the GoT of kids shows. I'm kind of hoping they chill on the crazy plots and let this season breathe just a little.

The Legend of Korra: Book 3 Official Trailer
    I'm pumped for this.

Now really free Lance!

29. The Following User Says Thank You to Sparhawk For This Useful Post:

Continuum

I have concerns about what they've set up going forward, but I had similar concerns last year, and IMO they knocked this season out of the park. Very well done.
    Come to the Dark Side -- There's cookies!

Quote Originally Posted by TinManJoshua View Post
    I watched it with my Fiance. There are some great characters, but largely I don't feel sorry for a single one, and I don't gravitate towards any of them either. It's a good show but I can't get into it because it seems like half the time they are trying to make you feel sorry that these women are in jail, when they all really deserve it. Plus it does that typical 70s thing where it makes the characters doing the incarcerating more disgusting than the people that are actual criminals.
    I'm with you. The series makes such an effort to humanize the characters, but I think most of the characters are terrible people who I just cannot root for. I get that the message is "good people do bad things, bad people do good things, we're all flawed, etc." but it's almost impossible to root for anyone in that series.

More to the point of why I can't get as into it as others: prison series are inherently flawed. Oz worked because it's just RIDICULOUSLY over-the-top, and even then, 3 seasons of Oz was probably all you really needed to see. Prison Break worked for a season, because it was about busting out. When you continue setting the same drama in the same close quarters setting, I think you inherently risk becoming boring. And that's what I think OITNB is more often than not: really boring.

Game of Thrones. Just need to watch the season 4 finale and I'm all caught up. Been great watching 2 seasons over 2 weeks. This is why I let episodes accrue. Fun times.

Now really free Lance!