Page 182 of 189 FirstFirst ... 82132172178179180181182183184185186 ... LastLast
Results 4,526 to 4,550 of 4725

Thread: What TV Show Did You Last Watch

Default Re: What TV Show Did You Last Watch

I'm still having nightmares from that last 10 minutes. Holy ****.
    Don't ask Marvin Harrison what he did during the bye week. "Batman never told where the Bat Cave is," he explained.

Quote Originally Posted by Since86 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    No comments about last nights GoT?

I'm always a stickler about books turning into shows/movies and how they change stupid things just because, and totally miss the big events but man the last 10mins of last night's episode managed to out do the books. Probably just because it's visual, instead of reading it, but that scene really captured the moment like none other.

Great episode, and to think that episode #9 (next week's) is usually the big one. It's gonna be a long 10 months before season 5.
    Totally agree. I actually had a hard time visualizing that in the book. Some of it was Pedro Pascal just killing it as Oberyn, where I had trouble really fleshing out Oberyn in the books. And part of it was just that scream. That scream, man...

I haven't said anything about Thrones because I don't want to spoil anything for the non-book readers. In two weeks I'll have more to say, because I absolutely cannot wait to hear

Spoiler Spoiler:

Come to the Dark Side -- There's cookies!

4. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Kegboy For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo

I looked ahead. I just can't see them having that guy go out like that, great as it'd be.

Trust me, there is a ton left this season. It gets amazing
    Don't ask Marvin Harrison what he did during the bye week. "Batman never told where the Bat Cave is," he explained.

7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Suaveness For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

I really hate you book readers of GoT. I just want you to know that.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to cdash For This Useful Post:

That hurts

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Suaveness For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by cdash View Post
    I really hate you book readers of GoT. I just want you to know that.
    If it makes you feel better, I just finished the published books, and now I've joined the throng who are going bat-**** crazy for Martin to hurry up and write the rest. I don't know how the people who waited 5 years for book four and 6 years for book five stayed sane.
    Come to the Dark Side -- There's cookies!

13. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Kegboy For This Useful Post:

All is full of Orange! Mourning's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Kegboy View Post
    If it makes you feel better, I just finished the published books, and now I've joined the throng who are going bat-**** crazy for Martin to hurry up and write the rest. I don't know how the people who waited 5 years for book four and 6 years for book five stayed sane.
    AMEN! The next book is probably still atleast two years away... and then the last and most likely thickest book well probably another 6 or 7 years before he finishes that

And can't waite to see how they will bring the events of the two upcoming episodes onto the screen, but I just know that they won't dissappoint, because so far the show has done an excellent job on this project: a BIG .

Btw I just started watching "The Americans" ... I am liking it so far. When I read the time-fram I just KNEW that the Space Defence Initiative aka SDI aka StarWars would be a central part of it. I really like that. Only 5 episodes in so far and offcourse it's more sensationalized (probably), because it's entertainment, but I like how they have captured the atmosphere and the looks of that time period.
    Last edited by Mourning; 06-05-2014 at 06:06 AM.
    2012 PD ABA Fantasy Keeper League Champion, sports.ws

2011 PD ABA Fantasy Keeper League Champion, sports.ws

2006 PD ABA Fantasy League runner up, sports.ws

Tried watching pilot of Hannibal, because I hear great things about Hannibal. Nothing about the pilot compelled me to continue watching.

It's really effing good, keep watching. It's fantastic

17. The Following User Says Thank You to Suaveness For This Useful Post:

GoT- Does it get any more epic than that on TV? Oh baby that was amazing

19. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Suaveness For This Useful Post:

I actually thought it was a pretty boring episode of GoT. Not even a "OMG I'm a book reader and they totally ended on a very weird spot, and not where people thought they would" thing. Just...I thought "Blackwater" was epic. I sometimes forget how much I just don't care about the characters in the Night's Watch storyline.

Sports Logo

I wouldn't call it boring, it was shot really well and not like it lost my attention or anything. But I agree I really don't give a crap about any of the characters at the wall. Maybe it eventually becomes important down the line but I couldn't give less of a damn about Sam and Gilly. Seems like the finale's going to be really cluttered.

22. The Following User Says Thank You to Heisenberg For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Heisenberg View Post
    I wouldn't call it boring, it was shot really well and not like it lost my attention or anything. But I agree I really don't give a crap about any of the characters at the wall. Maybe it eventually becomes important down the line but I couldn't give less of a damn about Sam and Gilly. Seems like the finale's going to be really cluttered.
    It was defintely just a 1 hr fight scene.

Spoiler Spoiler:

24. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to TinManJoshua For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Heisenberg View Post
    Seems like the finale's going to be really cluttered.
    This x1000. I mean, damn. I know the finale is set to run something like 75 minutes, but they really need 2 hours to wrap up everything they need to wrap up for this season, really. The conclusion of what happens with Night's Watch, Bran & friends (though they're running out of book on that one, not that it matters I guess), everything with Tyrion & King's Landing, the final reveal of this season, etc.

I thought they would have ended this last episode with at least one important revelation (to Nights Watch story) so at least that would be wrapped for the season, with a big cliffhanger into next season, but apparently they're going to try and tie all of these knots at once. Should be interesting.

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Hibbert View Post
    This x1000. I mean, damn. I know the finale is set to run something like 75 minutes, but they really need 2 hours to wrap up everything they need to wrap up for this season, really. The conclusion of what happens with Night's Watch, Bran & friends (though they're running out of book on that one, not that it matters I guess), everything with Tyrion & King's Landing, the final reveal of this season, etc.

I thought they would have ended this last episode with at least one important revelation (to Nights Watch story) so at least that would be wrapped for the season, with a big cliffhanger into next season, but apparently they're going to try and tie all of these knots at once. Should be interesting.
    I think the Night's Watch story is going to be picked up next season, and several of the scenes will be siege-esque.

Last night was really the first time that I didn't like the writer's vision for the scene. I thought all the previous major battles/scenes were done really well. (Ned's beheading/anything Khalessi/BlackWater Bay/Red Wedding/etc) I thought it was lazily done. For instance,
    Spoiler Spoiler:

I don't mind the changes in the show from the books, as long as it at least make sense and serves a purpose. Last night did neither.
    Just because you're offended, doesn't mean you're right. ― Ricky Gervais.

What if someone from a school of business or management school were to ask, How did you do this? How did you get the Pacers turned around? Is there a general approach you've taken that can be summarized?

Larry Bird: Yeah, patience.

Last night was really the first time that I didn't like the writer's vision for the scene. I thought all the previous major battles/scenes were done really well. (Ned's beheading/anything Khalessi/BlackWater Bay/Red Wedding/etc) I thought it was lazily done. For instance,
    Spoiler Spoiler:

I don't mind the changes in the show from the books, as long as it at least make sense and serves a purpose. Last night did neither.
    I agree there were some lazy moments in the writing, but the individual scenes, such as the sweeping 360 degree one take of all the action was really well done.

29. The Following User Says Thank You to TinManJoshua For This Useful Post:

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Starting season 2 of Orange is the New Black...
    * Most Humorous Poster Nominee (2004, 2005, 2010)
    * Off Topic Post of the Year Winner (2009)
    * Off Topic Thread of the Year Nominee (2010)

Formerly a naturallystoned, badinfluence...

Spoiler Spoiler:

Lots of goodie stuff to look forward to. Man... and after that it's that LOOOOOOONG waite again until season 5 .

I wish they would lengthen the season with atleast two episodes, but I know these things take a lot of $$$ time and effort to produce.
    Last edited by Mourning; 06-10-2014 at 10:05 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by cdash View Post
    Anyone watch The Americans? One of the very best shows on TV in my book. Season 2 just ended, and my word it was outstanding.
    A very good show IMHO indeed. I'm only at episode 9 of season 1 currently, but there's no doubt in my mind that this is a keeper for me. I just hope the network feels the same way. Read somwhere that the ratings weren't that great, unfortunately. It's not FOX that's producing it, right? Because, that would make me a bit nervous with regards to the future of the show.

I would spoiler alert what you just said
    Last edited by Suaveness; 06-10-2014 at 02:42 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Suaveness View Post
    I would spoiler alert what you just said
    You're probably right. Done .

Spoiler Spoiler:

The whole premise of the last several episodes was to show how unprepared the knights watch is, and why the north will most likely fall (haven't read the books). They have to set that up to show the desperation and futility in the their fight. Jon Snow leaving to try and confront Mance head to head? Dumbest plan ever. But thats all they gots. What the writers have failed to do is elude to how the white walker's army is going to effect all this. It seems to me the Walkers are about to appear out of no where and destroy Mance's army.

I'm not really sure on why they haven't sealed off the tunnels though. Guess its just a time issue.

I thought the fight sequence was epic though. The fight inside Castle Black was just very well done with Ygritte picking off every body, with Jon Snow jumping down from the elevator and just kicking arse left and right. Tormund Giantsbane rampaging through countless crows.

I only wished it were Ghost who took out Ygritte instead of some little boy.

I'm really hoping Jon Snow survives and starts up the army to take back the North.

Big Giants with their own Bow and arrows that can shoot twice as high as a human's? Riding Wooly Mammoths. A Giant Scythe that is anchored into the ice wall! I was losing my mind!
    Last edited by graphic-er; 06-13-2014 at 09:07 AM.
    You can't get champagne from a garden hose.