Page 180 of 187 FirstFirst ... 80130170176177178179180181182183184 ... LastLast
Results 4,476 to 4,500 of 4668

Thread: What TV Show Did You Last Watch

Default Re: What TV Show Did You Last Watch

Welp, we're reaching a point with Game of Thrones where readers are losing their "advantage" over non-readers.

Personally, as a reader, I love it. I've been shocked/surprised the last two weeks...more in a good way this week, I think. It makes the series even more fun for me.

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Dr. Hibbert For This Useful Post:

You Did It Joseph!!!! AesopRockOn's Avatar
    Mood

Unless Thrones absolutely nails its last four seasons, I think Mad Men goes down as the best show ever. It's just perfect right now. Characters long since devoted to the depths of their own voids are becoming self aware, and the mix of sadness and humor is breathtaking. And **** Lou!

Quote Originally Posted by AesopRockOn View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Unless Thrones absolutely nails its last four seasons, I think Mad Men goes down as the best show ever. It's just perfect right now. Characters long since devoted to the depths of their own voids are becoming self aware, and the mix of sadness and humor is breathtaking. And **** Lou!
    I'm weird about Mad Men. I loved last season when everyone else disliked it. I've been bored to tears by the start of this season (even by Mad Men standards).

Something still feels weird to me about ending where they did last season (one of the most exciting endings I've seen to a season of TV), and resuming how they happened to resume.

Mood

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Hibbert View Post
    I'm weird about Mad Men. I loved last season when everyone else disliked it. I've been bored to tears by the start of this season (even by Mad Men standards).

Something still feels weird to me about ending where they did last season (one of the most exciting endings I've seen to a season of TV), and resuming how they happened to resume.
    I agree with you on not paying off the final images of season 6. It bothered me a little in the premiere. But I don't know man, they're giving Don this arc that I kind of didn't want to happen, but it's actually working for me on all levels. But Betty being a horrible mother might be my favorite thing on the entire show. It's like heroin mixed with Ian making both free throws; I can't get enough.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to AesopRockOn For This Useful Post:

Agents of SHIELD

Okay, I did not see that coming. Pretty cool.
    Come to the Dark Side -- There's cookies!

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Kegboy For This Useful Post:

All the scenes of Betty being an empty vessel bum me out. Her and Bobby at the farm when he gives her sandwich away and right before they cut to break it's him reluctantly eating candy while she looks away with her shades on puffing a cigarette. Those scenes make me sad.

Quote Originally Posted by Heisenberg View Post
    All the scenes of Betty being an empty vessel bum me out. Her and Bobby at the farm when he gives her sandwich away and right before they cut to break it's him reluctantly eating candy while she looks away with her shades on puffing a cigarette. Those scenes make me sad.
    She probably can't relate to him because he's been 600 different boys since the series began. It would weird me out, too.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Dr. Hibbert For This Useful Post:

Mood

Idk, I think that Betty is just kind of a child, and New New Bobby gave her sandwich away to some girl he likes. She felt spurned and tried to get him back. She's always wanted Sally to like her more than respect her.
    A lot of the adult characters are children in their own ways. I feel like they've made Betty a lot more sympathetic in the past few seasons though. Plus, it's not like everyone else isn't desparately sad under a a shiny veneer of makeup and charm.

Arrow- I've said it before and I'll say it again...this is easily one of the best shows on TV. Every week the episodes are great and this last episode was incredibly emotional. I can't wait to see all the fun fighting that is going to happen the final 2 episodes and I'm very curious to see how this ends.
    Don't ask Marvin Harrison what he did during the bye week. "Batman never told where the Bat Cave is," he explained.

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by Suaveness View Post
    Arrow- I've said it before and I'll say it again...this is easily one of the best shows on TV. Every week the episodes are great and this last episode was incredibly emotional. I can't wait to see all the fun fighting that is going to happen the final 2 episodes and I'm very curious to see how this ends.
    I've only heard of Arrow anecdotally, but I'm looking for a show to binge watch, and I have exhausted most of the usual suspects. If you were trying to get your wife/girlfriend to watch it, what would be your hook for this Arrow?

Quote Originally Posted by cdash View Post
    If you were trying to get your wife/girlfriend to watch it, what would be your hook for this Arrow?
    That's easy.

Seriously, the first few episodes are packed with shots like this. I think it was mandated by the CW considering they're primarily female audience.

Continuum

I've got to say, after a very messy second season, they've really picked up their game this year. I thought the time bend would muddle the show beyond repair, but in actuality the show is much more focused.

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Oh hell yes. Instant DVR season pass.
    "Nobody wants to play against Tyler Hansbrough NO BODY!" ~ Frank Vogel

"And David put his hand in the bag and took out a stone and slung it. And it struck the Philistine on the head and he fell to the ground. Amen. "
    Want your own "Just Say No to Kamen" from @mkroeger pic? http://twitpic.com/a3hmca

Watched the season ender of Bates Motel Monday. The series is crazy/creepy but the last two episodes were really good. The live after show was interesting as well. I'm always amazed how British actors, or anyone from another country, can hide their accents. Looking forward to where the series goes from here.

19. The Following User Says Thank You to SycamoreKen For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by SycamoreKen View Post
    Watched the season ender of Bates Motel Monday. The series is crazy/creepy but the last two episodes were really good. The live after show was interesting as well. I'm always amazed how British actors, or anyone from another country, can hide their accents. Looking forward to where the series goes from here.

I thought it was awesome! My only complaint about the show is that things happen so fast. Seems somebody dies every week. I guess in this day and age of networks canceling shows so often they have to keep the story moving, but I feel they could expand on many things. Still my fav show on right now.

21. The Following User Says Thank You to presto123 For This Useful Post:

I agree. I'm not sure how Norman makes it to his age in Psycho and not end up dead or in jail at this rate. I like how they have built his mind set and why he is how he is. Mom is nuts.

Silicon Valley and Veep are really strong HBO Sunday night comedies.

Play McRoberts and Price! BRushWithDeath's Avatar

I haven't gotten as invested in Silicon Valley as I expected but Veep is the best comedy out right now.
    "I had to take her down like Chris Brown."

-Lance Stephenson

Quote Originally Posted by BRushWithDeath View Post
    I haven't gotten as invested in Silicon Valley as I expected but Veep is the best comedy out right now.
    Veep has really stepped it up this season. I liked the first three seasons well enough, but this one has just taken it to another level. The cast is phenomenal.

Silicon Valley is good, but after 5 episodes I still think it's finding it's way a little bit.

Some of these 'seasons' and the limited amount of shows and eons between seasons make me wonder if TV isn't hurting its own cause?

Watching the NBA Playoffs on TNT and seeing ads for "Falling Skies" reminded there actually is a "Falling Skies" show. I'd forgotten about it. I've also forgotten exactly where things are in the storyline overall. I'm trying to remember if they've already jumped the shark or are getting ready to.....
    Nuntius was right. I was wrong. Frank Vogel has retained his job.

------

"A player who makes a team great is more valuable than a great player. Losing yourself in the group, for the good of the group, thatís teamwork."

-John Wooden

Nuntius was right. I was wrong. Frank Vogel has retained his job.

------

"A player who makes a team great is more valuable than a great player. Losing yourself in the group, for the good of the group, thatís teamwork."

-John Wooden

28. The Following User Says Thank You to Bball For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Bball View Post
    Some of these 'seasons' and the limited amount of shows and eons between seasons make me wonder if TV isn't hurting its own cause?

Watching the NBA Playoffs on TNT and seeing ads for "Falling Skies" reminded there actually is a "Falling Skies" show. I'd forgotten about it. I've also forgotten exactly where things are in the storyline overall. I'm trying to remember if they've already jumped the shark or are getting ready to.....
    I think it's just that the spring-summer season can be relatively slow (especially as it fully transitions to summer). Right now, the only things I care about are Game of Thrones and Fargo, though I need to make time for Veep at some point.

But I actually like the cycle that exists now, as it typically doesn't overwhelm me with too many shows at once, and that way, I can watch them all.

SUMMER: Netflix releases series, pretty much. (I think The Killing and Orange is the New Black are out this summer, but maybe The Killing is later)

FALL: Boardwalk Empire, Homeland (I know, but I'll stick with it for now), The Walking Dead, Sons of Anarchy, The Newsroom, Masters of Sex

(OK, maybe the fall is crowded!)

WINTER: Shameless, Justified, True Detective, presumably House of Cards S3 is released early '15

SPRING: Game of Thrones, Fargo

I guess I just approach TV more seasonally than holistically in the "where were we?" sense. Although I'll admit having marathoned House of Cards S1 when it was released, and then trying to do with with S2 when released after not having seen House of Cards for a year was VERY tough. I'd forgotten a lot.

I'm not really sure how they plan to make multiple seasons of it but the new Fargo series started off pretty damn strongly

The pilot was awesome. Can't wait to watch more episodes. They really nailed the tone of the Fargo movie.

Mood

32. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to AesopRockOn For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Bball View Post

I agree. just found out today Bates Motel will not return until 2015. 8 months to wait? Kind of a bummer.