Page 170 of 189 FirstFirst ... 70120160166167168169170171172173174180 ... LastLast
Results 4,226 to 4,250 of 4725

Thread: What TV Show Did You Last Watch

Default Re: What TV Show Did You Last Watch

Not watching Breaking Bad will soon be a criminal offense punishable by incarceration and being forced to watch "Saved By The Bell" 24 hours per day.

Do yourself a favor and watch Breaking Bad before that becomes law.
    Nuntius was right. I was wrong. Frank Vogel has retained his job.

------

"A player who makes a team great is more valuable than a great player. Losing yourself in the group, for the good of the group, that’s teamwork."

-John Wooden

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Bball For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Sollozzo View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Does the Mafia interest you? Do you like Mafia related movies? Mafia related movies/shows interest me a lot, as my username indicates.

I think The Sopranos is my favorite show along with Seinfeld. But I admit that there are a ton of shows I haven't seen. I've never watched a minute of Breaking Bad. I'm obviously late as hell to The Sopranos. I guess I'll watch Breaking Bad in about 2020 if I follow the same pattern.

I loved the first two Godfather movies. I loved Donnie Brasco. Good fellas was just OK - not sure why I didn't really like that movie - it was supposed to be so good. Loved the Departed. Scarface was OK in fact it was pretty bad, but OK. Loved Heat

So I think I like and am interest in Mafia movies/TV shows.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Unclebuck For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by Unclebuck View Post
    I loved the first two Godfather movies. I loved Donnie Brasco. Good fellas was just OK - not sure why I didn't really like that movie - it was supposed to be so good. Loved the Departed. Scarface was OK in fact it was pretty bad, but OK. Loved Heat

So I think I like and am interest in Mafia movies/TV shows.

Yeah, The Departed was easily one of the best movies I saw in the 2000's. Just an outstanding movie with a fantastic cast.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Sollozzo For This Useful Post:

Got to watch True Dectectives last night after I got home from work. I was hooked within the first 15mins. Woody and McConaughey could carry a cast full of toddlers.
    Just because you're offended, doesn't mean you're right.” ― Ricky Gervais.

What if someone from a school of business or management school were to ask, How did you do this? How did you get the Pacers turned around? Is there a general approach you've taken that can be summarized?

Larry Bird: Yeah, patience.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Since86 For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Since86 View Post
    Got to watch True Dectectives last night after I got home from work. I was hooked within the first 15mins. Woody and McConaughey could carry a cast full of toddlers.
    I have that on my DVR to watch. Sounds really good.

I thought it was absolutely fantastic. I could have watched another 5 hours and not moved off the couch. I'm not sure I blinked the last half of the episode.

Nothing really stuck out as memorable, except all of it. The tone of the show, the characters, the story-line. All of it is captivating.

What if someone from a school of business or management school were to ask, How did you do this? How did you get the Pacers turned around? Is there a general approach you've taken that can be summarized?

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Since86 For This Useful Post:

2 men and a load of babies?

I'd watch that.
    With the #3 pick in the 2015 draft, your Indiana Pacers!

You Did It Joseph!!!! AesopRockOn's Avatar
    Mood

Watching True Detective was a little weird because the actual case seems too similar to the content of Hannibal. Though since nobody watched Hannibal, I guess it's not that big a deal. The fact that McConaughey can play such a nihilistic character and still command the screen is further proof that he has the championship belt right now. I'm not blown away but still very intrigued.

True Detective has disappointed me so far. The acting is outstanding, but the plot is just too slow for my liking. For a crime drama, it isn't on par with The Killing
    David "And One" West

OK, I have watched the first two episodes. I do like it, the acting is great, and it is well done. But I have no interest so far in the crime. Maybe that will come later, but I don't have much time right now to spend on this show, so not sure I am going to continue
    Last edited by Unclebuck; 01-21-2014 at 10:59 AM.

Yeah, the second episode was a little too slow for me too. Made GoT look like a burner.

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by Basketball Fan View Post
    I notice I don't watch a lot of the same shows you guys do. These days I'm watching Night Court and Murphy Brown from the beginning I was really young when it originally aired and never saw the show from the beginning but I am now.

Never realized how many cast changes Night Court went through
    I read where the cast of Murphy brown got together recently. Not sure if they are doing a reunion show or not. It said one of the reasons nothing past season one was on DVD was because of the Motown music royalties. Watch night court as well. Marky Post was very attractive.

After watching that awful Psych musical and the first 2 episodes of its return, I'm officially done with Psych. It was a fun show, but not they are going so over the top with its quirkiness, that's it's lost its mojo completely.

Too bad. Just have White Collar now to watch with the wife. Hard finding a show that we both like.
    With the #3 pick in the 2015 draft, your Indiana Pacers!

American Horror Story: Coven. Another great season almost in the books. Season Finale next week, and not looking forward to another 8+ month hiatus. Thank goodness TWD is coming back in Feb.

Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by Unclebuck View Post
    OK, I have watched the first two episodes. I do like it, the acting is great, and it is well done. But I have no interest so far in the crime. Maybe that will come later, but I don't have much time right now to spend on this show, so not sure I am going to continue
    You know, I think that's actually one of the things that I like about the show. It sets itself apart from a lot of other crime dramas/procedurals in that its primary focus is on character development, and the crime itself is totally secondary. I'm guessing that's intentional and that it means that one of the main or secondary characters is the real killer and the guy that they arrested wasn't the actual murderer. Just a hunch. But so far it's been two fantastic episodes.

I just watched the first episode of True Detective last night and yeah, I'm hooked. Great stuff.

v my fave #13, sorry PG ECKrueger's Avatar

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by Sparhawk View Post
    After watching that awful Psych musical and the first 2 episodes of its return, I'm officially done with Psych. It was a fun show, but not they are going so over the top with its quirkiness, that's it's lost its mojo completely.

Too bad. Just have White Collar now to watch with the wife. Hard finding a show that we both like.
    The commercials for Psych are unbearable. I love White Collar though.

You should watch Suits. It is great. The new season isn't until March so you can maybe catch up. We are looking forward to Sirens too, that looks like it may be semi-entertaining at least.

23. The Following User Says Thank You to ECKrueger For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo

Workaholics had a John Starks "did dis dude just did dis?" reference tonight.

25. The Following User Says Thank You to Heisenberg For This Useful Post:

Mood

Rick and Morty has quickly become one of my favorite shows, maybe ever. It's just so thorough.

For the longest time, I wasn't sure why I always thought Futurama was kind of lame (#unnecessaryshotatFuturama), but this show pretty much encapsulates it. It's doing unapologetic, clever animated sci-fi with heart and pathos. That Dan Harmon sure can make clever, post-postmodern TV; I wasn't sure why I always thought Joss Whedon was kind of lame, but...

Edit: Here's the pilot (found on YT after looking to rewatch), not an official upload though.

I feel a little bad about the Whedon shot after watching the not bad Dollhouse finale. Definitely an improvement on that first finale. I still think the show either ran out of ideas too quickly or just had bad ones to begin with, but enjoyed it a bit as well.
    Last edited by AesopRockOn; 02-02-2014 at 12:26 AM.

First I've heard of Rick and Morty. I will definitely check that out because I've really been enjoying Dan Harmon's return on Community. So much more fun(ny) this season.

Agents of SHIELD- It's taken them some time to figure out how they want to take the show, but I think they've finally got it. The last few eps have been much much better and tonight's was absolutely terrific. Great tension, and a bit shocking at the end. Great stuff

Arrow- It's been amazing as always
    Don't ask Marvin Harrison what he did during the bye week. "Batman never told where the Bat Cave is," he explained.

Sports Logo

Brooklyn Nine Nine's pretty great, easily the best new sitcom of the year. It's so good it's kinda making me like Andy Samberg.

30. The Following User Says Thank You to Heisenberg For This Useful Post:

Mood

B99 definitely makes me smile pretty often, though I would put Nathan For You, Rick and Morty, and Orange is the New Black above it, if you can count those as sitcoms (probably not). I'm wondering if the writers will bring any substance to the stories and how having Samberg as the lead won't derail that.

I watched the 3 existing episodes of True Detective last night. I HOPE there's a payoff down the road because the plodding and missing stuff (reason for the interview for example) really make it tough to keep watching. The acting is excellent which makes me think at some point there will be a lightbulb episode and moment (which could be at the end of the last episode) where it all clicks and makes the slow ride worth it.

Right now the crime is below secondary in the show.
    Nuntius was right. I was wrong. Frank Vogel has retained his job.

------

"A player who makes a team great is more valuable than a great player. Losing yourself in the group, for the good of the group, that’s teamwork."

-John Wooden

Sports Logo

HBO added basically every show they've ever done to On Demand. Might finally watch Six Feet Under. Eventually.