Page 165 of 187 FirstFirst ... 65115155161162163164165166167168169175 ... LastLast
Results 4,101 to 4,125 of 4667

Thread: What TV Show Did You Last Watch

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Default Re: What TV Show Did You Last Watch

Quote Originally Posted by Hicks View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I've given up on SHIELD. Mostly I've been bored by it and just don't care about the characters.
    This is where I am as well, sadly.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Shade For This Useful Post:

Anthony Hopkins' (Silence of the Lambs) letter/email to Bryan Cranston:
    Dear Mister Cranston.

I wanted to write you this email – so I am contacting you through Jeremy Barber – I take it we are both represented by UTA . Great agency.

I’ve just finished a marathon of watching “BREAKING BAD” – from episode one of the First Season – to the last eight episodes of the Sixth Season. (I downloaded the last season on AMAZON) A total of two weeks (addictive) viewing.

I have never watched anything like it. Brilliant!

Your performance as Walter White was the best acting I have seen – ever.

I know there is so much smoke blowing and sickening ******** in this business, and I’ve sort of lost belief in anything really.

But this work of yours is spectacular – absolutely stunning. What is extraordinary, is the sheer power of everyone in the entire production. What was it? Five or six years in the making? How the producers (yourself being one of them), the writers, directors, cinematographers…. every department – casting etc. managed to keep the discipline and control from beginning to the end is (that over used word) awesome.

From what started as a black comedy, descended into a labyrinth of blood, destruction and hell. It was like a great Jacobean, Shakespearian or Greek Tragedy.

If you ever get a chance to – would you pass on my admiration to everyone – Anna Gunn, Dean Norris, Aaron Paul, Betsy Brandt, R.J. Mitte, Bob Odenkirk, Jonathan Banks, Steven Michael Quezada – everyone – everyone gave master classes of performance … The list is endless.

Thank you. That kind of work/artistry is rare, and when, once in a while, it occurs, as in this epic work, it restores confidence.

You and all the cast are the best actors I’ve ever seen.

That may sound like a good lung full of smoke blowing. But it is not. It’s almost midnight out here in Malibu, and I felt compelled to write this email.

Congratulations and my deepest respect. You are truly a great, great actor.

Best regards

Tony Hopkins.
    http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/liv...ing-bad-648242
    Nuntius was right. I was wrong. Frank Vogel has retained his job.

------

"A player who makes a team great is more valuable than a great player. Losing yourself in the group, for the good of the group, thatís teamwork."

-John Wooden

4. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Bball For This Useful Post:

SHIELD- the best episode so far. The storyline was darker than the first couple episodes and while it started slow, it picked up really well. I think it'll take a few episodes before it gets its footing but I like it so far. I think they probably have too many techie people and not enough field agents
    Don't ask Marvin Harrison what he did during the bye week. "Batman never told where the Bat Cave is," he explained.

how's Hopkins gonna leave out Giancarlo Esposito?

7. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Heisenberg For This Useful Post:

Just watched the pilot of Walking Dead(never seen the show before) and while it is certainly good it is nothing new for anybody that has seen zombie flicks combined with Stephen King's The Stand series. Should I continue? Does it hold way down the line? Hard to imagine the premise can stay interesting for multi-seasons.

Hard for me to find a new series to latch onto right now. I'll start watching a show and get 6-7(Ray Donovan, Orphan Black) episodes in to find I don't like the characters all that much. Still looking to find a new addictive show that had me hooked as much as Lost did.
    Last edited by presto123; 10-16-2013 at 02:34 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by presto123 View Post
    Just watched the pilot of Walking Dead(never seen the show before) and while it is certainly good it is nothing new for anybody that has seen zombie flicks combined with Stephen King's The Stand series. Should I continue? Does it hold way down the line? Hard to imagine the premise can stay interesting for multi-seasons.

Hard for me to find a new series to latch onto right now. I'll start watching a show and get 6-7(Ray Donovan, Orphan Black) episodes in to find I don't like the characters all that much. Still looking to find a new addictive show that had me hooked as much as Lost did.
    I'm not sure what your comfort zone is but if you have netflix go back and watch the first few episodes of Once Upon a time. You have to give it a little time to build but I'm telling you it's worth it if you like fantasy and seeing certain fairy tales turned upside down. We are in season 3 now and IMO it is one of the absolute best shows out there including cable.

Also it may not be your thing but if there is one show I like more than Once Upon A Time it is Arrow. They are doing a powerless superhero show exactly how it should be.

As to the Walking Dead. I like it but I know a lot of people have really lost interest in it lately. The zombie's were mostly back ground noise last season which I can accept from the standpoint that the characters have learned to deal with them, they are probably weaker due to lack of food sources, etc. But I know people who just hate that about the show now.

Funny you should mention the stand because that was a mini-series that kind of did the same thing, it started out like a ball of fire but by the last 3 episodes you were just kind of chuckling about how silly Randall Flagg could be. I still loved that series but again I know why people didn't like it in the end.

Basketball isn't played with computers, spreadsheets, and simulations. ChicagoJ 4/21/13

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Peck For This Useful Post:

If it is at all possible Homeland this week was worse than last weeks. I have come to accept the weekly cry fest from Danes, in fact I've come to expect it.

But of all the problems I've ever had with this show horrible overacting by Damian Lewis was not one of them until now. His pained expressions and hyperventilating both after being shot and after surgery were just to much for me.

Now I will give them full credit for having that scene with the Iman not be what you would expect, however I hated the way they had them all killed off.

I also would have really enjoyed it if the person who came to visit Carrie in the psych ward was a recruiter for Syria/Egypt/Iran etc. That at least would be interesting.

I know I need to quit coming on here to complain but this show had so much potential and IMO they pissed it all away.

Basketball isn't played with computers, spreadsheets, and simulations. ChicagoJ 4/21/13

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Peck For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Peck View Post
    I'm not sure what your comfort zone is but if you have netflix go back and watch the first few episodes of Once Upon a time. You have to give it a little time to build but I'm telling you it's worth it if you like fantasy and seeing certain fairy tales turned upside down. We are in season 3 now and IMO it is one of the absolute best shows out there including cable.

Also it may not be your thing but if there is one show I like more than Once Upon A Time it is Arrow. They are doing a powerless superhero show exactly how it should be.

As to the Walking Dead. I like it but I know a lot of people have really lost interest in it lately. The zombie's were mostly back ground noise last season which I can accept from the standpoint that the characters have learned to deal with them, they are probably weaker due to lack of food sources, etc. But I know people who just hate that about the show now.

Funny you should mention the stand because that was a mini-series that kind of did the same thing, it started out like a ball of fire but by the last 3 episodes you were just kind of chuckling about how silly Randall Flagg could be. I still loved that series but again I know why people didn't like it in the end.

Yeah...I'm the one that got about 7 episodes into Once Upon A Time. I thought it was great but I got busy and didn't keep up. Maybe I will continue on with that one. Is Grimm still good or did it fade? I think I saw about 3 episodes of that one.

Yeah...I'm the one that got about 7 episodes into Once Upon A Time. I thought it was great but I got busy and didn't keep up. Maybe I will continue on with that one. Is Grimm still good or did it fade? I think I saw about 3 episodes of that one.
    I still like Grimm, it's coming on at the end of the month for season 3.

15. The Following User Says Thank You to Peck For This Useful Post:

One of the problems I have with Homeland is how I can't have any sympathy for Carrie, yet (it seems) I'm supposed to. The CIA had every right to dump her considering her actions and I'm not sure you could say it's even a sham she's in the psych ward. Aiding Brody's escape borders on treason. Even if she believes he wasn't directly involved with the CIA attack, he definitely had connections and put himself into that position. There's nothing except for her belief in him for her to believe he's innocent in the attack so no reason to help him escape custody.

I just don't understand why they had to make Carrie such a mess. How was she ever the agent we first saw if she was this unstable?

------

"A player who makes a team great is more valuable than a great player. Losing yourself in the group, for the good of the group, thatís teamwork."

-John Wooden

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by Bball View Post
    I just don't understand why they had to make Carrie such a mess.
    Because Claire Danes does crazy so well. Almost too well.

Edit: I didn't like the last few episodes of Season 2 and thought Homeland was falling off the cliff earlier than it's other Showtime cohorts, which usually take 4-5 seasons to really fly off the rails (Dexter, Weeds, etc.). I kind of liked the third episode of this season and am finding myself sucked back into the show. I don't think it will hit those highs it had in Season 1 and the early part of Season 2 but it's still an entertaining show.

18. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to cdash For This Useful Post:

20. The Following User Says Thank You to tora tora For This Useful Post:

Arrow​- it gets better every week, love it
    Don't ask Marvin Harrison what he did during the bye week. "Batman never told where the Bat Cave is," he explained.

I have to say it... I already miss Breaking Bad....
    I don't generally watch Episodic TV. Dexter was a first in a long time for me. And it jumped the shark so long ago that the final seasons were more about watching and hoping it could turn around. Somehow. Someway. It didn't and the ending was almost cartoonish in its execution. I was ready for Dexter to end (although still hoping they had one more good episode in them... they didn't). So I don't miss Dexter at all. But Breaking Bad to me just got better and better. It went out on a high note IMPO for sure.

------

-John Wooden

23. The Following User Says Thank You to Bball For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Bball View Post
    I have to say it... I already miss Breaking Bad....
    I don't generally watch Episodic TV. Dexter was a first in a long time for me. And it jumped the shark so long ago that the final seasons were more about watching and hoping it could turn around. Somehow. Someway. It didn't and the ending was almost cartoonish in its execution. I was ready for Dexter to end (although still hoping they had one more good episode in them... they didn't). So I don't miss Dexter at all. But Breaking Bad to me just got better and better. It went out on a high note IMPO for sure.

Should I watch Dexter for the first 4 seasons or so and pretend the rest never happened? I watched the first three episodes so far and it is pretty good. Why is Breaking Bad so good? The premise to me doesn't sound interesting at all.

Should I watch Dexter for the first 4 seasons or so and pretend the rest never happened? I watched the first three episodes so far and it is pretty good. Why is Breaking Bad so good? The premise to me doesn't sound interesting at all.
    Honestly, watch the first 2 seasons of Dexter and just quit. There're some peaks and LOW valleys, but the bottoming out isn't worth it. Watch through the 2nd season and just make up whatever ending you want. It's all downhill from there, same as all of Showtime's shows.

Play McRoberts and Price! BRushWithDeath's Avatar

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by Heisenberg View Post
    Honestly, watch the first 2 seasons of Dexter and just quit. There're some peaks and LOW valleys, but the bottoming out isn't worth it. Watch through the 2nd season and just make up whatever ending you want. It's all downhill from there, same as all of Showtime's shows.
    Missing season 4 would be a major mistake.
    "I had to take her down like Chris Brown."

-Lance Stephenson

27. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to BRushWithDeath For This Useful Post:

Why is Breaking Bad so good? The premise to me doesn't sound interesting at all.

Don't worry about the premise. It is just soooooo well done. Like I say don't worry about the presense. I guarantee it.

Dexter is pretty good too, I have watched the first 4 seasons and enjoy it. But Breaking Bad is better

29. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Unclebuck For This Useful Post:

For Dexter stop at season 4, it's not worth it past there. Even seasons 2-3 are meh for me. S1 and S4 are the best ones

Regarding Breaking Bad, season 1 is only 7 episodes, season 2 is 13. I recommend giving it to that point and see if you want to continue.

Watch it thru Season 4. Season 3 might take a little extra suspension of disbelief but it's fine IMHO. And season 4 is really good, John Lithgow is certainly worth the price of admission, and the ending would've been a great series ender because it in a way goes full circle. Season 5 sucks and it just spirals out of control from there. I thought season 6 was getting back on track at first but it turned out to be a mess too. The series lost it's vision and guts.

Breaking Bad is hard to explain based on its premise. The acting, writing, attention to detail, and execution are what takes it to that other level.

------

-John Wooden

Uncle Buck... stop at season 4. Do yourself a favor. S5 on just tarnishes the show. Thru that point Dexter was must see viewing. After that it became DVR viewing and there were times I'd watch Ice Road Truckers before I'd watch Dexter. I stopped looking forward to each new episode and it just became a quest to hopefully see it turnaround or just know what happens next.

But I ultimately would've been fine just having someone tell me a summary of the final 4 seasons. Ultimately, they were that bad IMHO. Maybe bad is the wrong word... but they were no longer the compelling viewing the first four seasons had been for me. Wasn't really the same. Dexter was a fairly complex character thru 4 seasons... after 4, not so much. And the writing really goes south... then again the executive producer changes after season 4... so there's that.

Dexter the series certainly 'broke bad'!

------

-John Wooden

34. The Following User Says Thank You to Bball For This Useful Post:

For those of you who don't believe me that Once Upon A Time is not your typical Disney Fairy Tale stuff I give you the following as further proof.

http://www.rollingstone.com/music/ne...-cast-20131018

36. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Peck For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Suaveness View Post
    Arrow​- it gets better every week, love it
    I don't even know how they do it to be honest with you? How can this show get better and better each week is beyond me, but they are.

Quote Originally Posted by Peck View Post
    I don't even know how they do it to be honest with you? How can this show get better and better each week is beyond me, but they are.
    I'm not really sure. What's nice is that they have a direction in mind with the growth of Oliver's character and they don't get sidetracked. And they have a continuous plot that carries from one week to the next, and I can't tell you how important that is. One thing I hated about Smallville was the crappy villiain-of-the-week nonsense they did that made it not tolerable. You can't completely get away from that, but here decisions from one week carry over.

And I love, love, love the flashbacks. They continue to add layers to Ollie and how he became who he was (and hopefully Deathstroke as well). It's fascinating to watch and what's great is that they don't forget about it. It's in every single episode and it ties in really nicely with what's going on in present-world.

It's set in a dark-ish city and that helps keep the mood serious, which helps. It will be interesting how they deal with things that aren't "realistic" when people start getting super powers (a certain fast man appearing this season comes to mind). But so far, so great. It's the show I look forward to the most each week.
    Last edited by Suaveness; 10-19-2013 at 01:13 AM.

39. The Following User Says Thank You to Suaveness For This Useful Post: