Page 164 of 190 FirstFirst ... 64114154160161162163164165166167168174 ... LastLast
Results 4,076 to 4,100 of 4738

Thread: What TV Show Did You Last Watch

Default Re: What TV Show Did You Last Watch

Once upon a time in Wonderland.

I was skeptical to the point that I wasn't even going to watch it this week but for whatever reason tonight we just clicked on it instead of another DVR'd show. My God am I glad that I did this, I just never liked the story of Alice in Wonderland but once again Kitsis and Horowitz have absolutely nailed what one of these shows can be like.

They take standard fairy tales and turn them upside down. I mean for God's sake we have Alice being engaged to the Genie and Jafar as seemingly the source of all that is ill in Wonderland. You read that right, we have the genie and Jafar in Wonderland.

Also the fact that John Lithgow is the white rabbit is also pretty cool.

I'm telling you guys do yourselves the favor and watch both of these Once Upon A Time shows, they are right now the best shows on TV right after Arrow (which is just kicking Marvel's the shields *** and it isn't even close & anyone who knows me knows how pained it is for me to ever give DC the nod over a marvel thing).

Basketball isn't played with computers, spreadsheets, and simulations. ChicagoJ 4/21/13

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Peck For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Bball View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    My recollection is that back in the day it was thought of as unique and groundbreaking (in it's approach to TV or film making for that matter) for a few episodes and then people decided that the story wasn't actually good though...

I was surprised to read your mention of it being regarded as one of the greatest TV shows of all time. I dunno... I remember seeing a few scenes in passing but don't remember watching much of it at all. I do remember the early hype and then quick fizzle. Seems like it lasted a couple of seasons but I don't recall...

Maybe it needed more time than the ratings of the day allowed to actually establish it's foundation?
    Mega 8.9 rating on IMDB(not many TV shows are higher) and I think it was TV Guide that voted it in the top 20 of all time. I was just wanting opinion of somebody that has seen most or all of it. The producers of Bates Motel(which I love) said they basically ripped off Twin Peaks which is what got my interest peaked. Never seen the show back in the day but I do remember how hyped it was.

Quote Originally Posted by Peck View Post

I was skeptical to the point that I wasn't even going to watch it this week but for whatever reason tonight we just clicked on it instead of another DVR'd show. My God am I glad that I did this, I just never liked the story of Alice in Wonderland but once again Kitsis and Horowitz have absolutely nailed what one of these shows can be like.

They take standard fairy tales and turn them upside down. I mean for God's sake we have Alice being engaged to the Genie and Jafar as seemingly the source of all that is ill in Wonderland. You read that right, we have the genie and Jafar in Wonderland.

I'm telling you guys do yourselves the favor and watch both of these Once Upon A Time shows, they are right now the best shows on TV right after Arrow (which is just kicking Marvel's the shields *** and it isn't even close & anyone who knows me knows how pained it is for me to ever give DC the nod over a marvel thing).
    Watched the first 6-7 episodes of Once Upon A Time and liked it a lot. Got busy and lost track of it but I can't even imagine how far it's went now. So much happened in just 6 or 7 episodes. Is Sayid from Lost in the new version?

Quote Originally Posted by presto123 View Post
    Watched the first 6-7 episodes of Once Upon A Time and liked it a lot. Got busy and lost track of it but I can't even imagine how far it's went now. So much happened in just 6 or 7 episodes. Is Sayid from Lost in the new version?
    Yes, he's Jafar.

Basketball isn't played with computers, spreadsheets, and simulations. ChicagoJ 4/21/13

Quote Originally Posted by Peck View Post

I think you're being too harsh on the Marvel show. They've only had 3 episodes to flesh out characters and such. Once they start to get a feel of the characters and story I think it'll be better. I know Parks and Rec for example wasn't that great the first season, but they figured out what they should and shouldn't do and now it's the funniest show on TV.

I love Once Upon a Time, I haven't seen the new one but I didn't really want to start watching two of those. Now you're going to make me watch it, I hope you're happy.
    Don't ask Marvin Harrison what he did during the bye week. "Batman never told where the Bat Cave is," he explained.

v my fave #13, sorry PG ECKrueger's Avatar

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by Since86 View Post
    We just found out about The Middle, since syndication to channel 4 at 5pm each weekday. Hilarious. Mike and Frankie Heck is pretty much me and my GF's relationship, so much so that I've resorted to calling her Frankie.

Always Sunny was great. Everyone killed off Dee in their fantasies. If only God would have said "Damn me" in Mac's.
    I love The Middle. Another show set in Indiana, it's kind of cool to hear Colts and Purdue references occasionally. Haven't heard Pacers I don't think.

I didn't even think about the fact everyone killed Dee haha.

Sports Logo

Man, I so wanted Michael J. Fox's new show to be good, my affection for that guy knows no bounds. MJF, Betsy Brandt, The Bunk, how could that not be awesome? But it's just not funny.

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by Since86 View Post
    Always Sunny was great. Everyone killed off Dee in their fantasies. If only God would have said "Damn me" in Mac's.
    I didn't like it. I really haven't liked this season much at all. It pains me dearly to say that.

Nerd.
    Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Just started watching Burn Notice. What a cool show!

Let's talk Walking Dead...

(SPOILERS, obviously)

I was a bit taken aback by how much time it seemed like they jumped. The prison community is now 2 or 3x what it once was, now that we have a sense of how large the Woodbury contingent is. Livestock, crops now in play. Carol & Daryl more visibly a thing. Cutty macking on some woman I've never seen before. A lot of random new characters who seem to have established relationships with old ones now. Just caught me off guard, though I get they probably wanted to skip the boring "learning to live together" parts.

I didn't like the stranger in woods encounter with Rick. I kinda got what they were going for, but it took up way too much screen time to get there.

I think it's been 6 or 7 months according to the show runner.

I thought it was a good start to the season. Not a huge fan of where it looks like we're headed, based on the final scene, though. As if the show wasn't depressing enough already.

It is ka Thankee sai Major Cold's Avatar
    Mood

That is what this show is about though. That and every other show on AMC. Hopelessness and turmoil.

Spoiler Spoiler:

Mood

Quote Originally Posted by Hicks View Post

I thought it was a good start to the season. Not a huge fan of where it looks like we're headed, based on the final scene, though. As if the show wasn't depressing enough already.
    Yeah they seem to be jumping seasons in that span to account for the child actors, and I think it was implied that they have been adding more to the group even after the events of Woodbury. The chick in the woods with Rick wasn't a complete hit or miss but it added to the other reality that has happened in the WD universe that happened to guy from season one that had holed up in Rick's hometown.
    * Most Humorous Poster Nominee (2004, 2005, 2010)
    * Off Topic Post of the Year Winner (2009)
    * Off Topic Thread of the Year Nominee (2010)

Formerly a naturallystoned, badinfluence...

I always think that too, but then it wouldn't be much of zombieshow if it were happy. I think they have to keep introducing new threats or else it'll become pretty repetitive.

Quote Originally Posted by Major Cold View Post
    That is what this show is about though. That and every other show on AMC. Hopelessness and turmoil.

Spoiler Spoiler:
    Spoiler Spoiler:

Spoiler Spoiler:
    The writers said in an interview before the season started that a new foe would be introduced this season, so they're just laying the ground work. Episode 2 is titled "Infection" so we'll find out more.

Gimple was excited about two new additions to The Walking Dead, remarking, “We have a new character, Bob Stookey [played by Coleman's fellow The Wire alum, Lawrence Gilliard Jr.], who is coming on. Some major stuff goes down, which puts him in opposition to some major characters and gets him closer to other characters. We have a character we haven't talked much about, this character Zack played by Kyle Gallner (Veronica Mars, Smallville). He has a romantic relationship with one of the characters. That's a way very quickly that you get to know him. He's not one of our major new characters, but you get to know a lot about him real quick."

As for the new threat, Gimple could only tease its nature. “It's a force that you can't just stab in the face, you can't talk reason to."

Kirkman elaborated a little, saying, “Possibly the most deadly threat that they've faced thus far. They're still going to be dealing with the zombies, they're still very much a threat. They're still going to be dealing with humans, that's still very much a threat. But there's a new element thrown in, this new unseen force that is going to be extremely dangerous and possibly more dangerous than anything.”

“It would be an enemy in this world, but in that world, it's terrifying," said Gimple, before deadpanning, "White Walkers." Kirkman joined in with, “Dragons!”
    http://www.ign.com/articles/2013/08/...s-a-new-threat
    Just because you're offended, doesn't mean you're right. ― Ricky Gervais.

What if someone from a school of business or management school were to ask, How did you do this? How did you get the Pacers turned around? Is there a general approach you've taken that can be summarized?

Larry Bird: Yeah, patience.

Spoiler Spoiler:
    It's not entirely clear at this point.

Spoiler Spoiler:

I realize the whole point of a zombie story is usually centered around death, loss, despair, but to me they already had that in spades with this show. Now I have to watch them do it while coughing, sweating, moaning, and fighting off a fever? I just don't enjoy watching people be sick in TV/movies. No fun at all for me.

Nerd.
    Mood

The Walking Dead

Spoiler Spoiler:

The Blacklist is a really good show. Each week is pretty gripping and the overarching story is worth following so far. James Spader is awesome
    Don't ask Marvin Harrison what he did during the bye week. "Batman never told where the Bat Cave is," he explained.

21. The Following User Says Thank You to Suaveness For This Useful Post:

Mood

It's not entirely clear at this point.

Spoiler Spoiler:

I realize the whole point of a zombie story is usually centered around death, loss, despair, but to me they already had that in spades with this show. Now I have to watch them do it while coughing, sweating, moaning, and fighting off a fever? I just don't enjoy watching people be sick in TV/movies. No fun at all for me.
    I get what you are saying. World Wide Plague movies are more depressing and are harder to watch than Zombie apocalypse shows. Then you throw both of them together. I hope there are some wins with the loses. There are going to be new characters and such so they have a lot to work with.

Mood

Quote Originally Posted by Stryder View Post
    The Walking Dead

Spoiler Spoiler:
    Spoiler Spoiler:

Started season 3 of Breaking Bad last night.
    With the #3 pick in the 2015 draft, your Indiana Pacers!

Mood

Quote Originally Posted by Sparhawk View Post
    Started season 3 of Breaking Bad last night.
    lucky season 3-5 is by far the best.

26. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to pacer4ever For This Useful Post:

I get what you are saying. World Wide Plague movies are more depressing and are harder to watch than Zombie apocalypse shows. Then you throw both of them together. I hope there are some wins with the loses. There are going to be new characters and such so they have a lot to work with.
    That is vital.

I just wonder what the end game is to a series like Walking Dead?

I've seen multiple zombie movies, though not nearly all of them. But don't they all end badly for the characters, generally speaking? Or at best things are still in bad shape, but they didn't die (yet)?

How could this show end in anything but a depressing bloodbath? A cure, I guess?

Which, by the way, I don't like the zombie virus concept (as an explanation for the zombies themselves). I don't buy it, even as science fiction, and I prefer the stories where this phenomenon is simply supernatural and unexplained.

Oh, and I've heard that in some zombie stories, the effect is also exhibited by animals, right? Has anyone gone so far as to include insects? What about . . . viruses or germs?