Page 163 of 185 FirstFirst ... 63113153159160161162163164165166167173 ... LastLast
Results 4,051 to 4,075 of 4606

Thread: What TV Show Did You Last Watch

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Default Re: What TV Show Did You Last Watch

Quote Originally Posted by Hicks View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Walking Dead season 4 starts Sunday. Here's hoping it washes the bad taste of the season 3 finale out of everyone's mouths. I've felt the show is a bit hit and miss for its entire run, but had there been a definitive conclusion to season 3 I think it would have been overall a pretty strong season.
    I just finished season 3, and I don't really have any issues with the finale...
    * Most Humorous Poster Nominee (2004, 2005, 2010)
    * Off Topic Post of the Year Winner (2009)
    * Off Topic Thread of the Year Nominee (2010)

Formerly a naturallystoned, badinfluence...

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Blacklist was good (I expected that)

I actually was pleasantly surprised with how good Hostages was

Quote Originally Posted by Natston View Post
    I just finished season 3, and I don't really have any issues with the finale...

You didn't think it was anticlimactic?

As for a spinoff, that seems excessive to me, but unless the initial reviews are terrible I'll give it a look.

Quote Originally Posted by presto123 View Post
    Does anybody watch Bates Motel? I flew through it and am already psyched(pun intended) for season 2. Vera Farmiga is so good. Anybody watch Orphan Black? I'm through the first couple of episodes.

Maybe I'll go back to Ray Donovan but I really didn't connect with most of the characters on that show. I know it's a good show and critically acclaimed so we'll see.
    Same here. For whatever reason that show was just flat for me, I can't really explain why. The acting is good, the writing is okay, I'm just not sure why I didn't like it more that I did.

Basketball isn't played with computers, spreadsheets, and simulations. ChicagoJ 4/21/13

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Peck For This Useful Post:

You Did It Joseph!!!! AesopRockOn's Avatar
    Mood

Quote Originally Posted by Peck View Post
    But on that note Saul's response to the analyst wearing the traditional Islamic head covering was so out of character and poorly done that I am now wondering if they don't have an entire new writing team and if they weren't briefed on how the characters act?
    My understanding is that there has been a bit of turnover between last season and now, although Sunday's episode was written by someone who has been on since season 1, IIRC. That said, the scene you're talking about, though not subtle, didn't bother me at all. The point, again, not subtle, is that the head of the broken, shambled CIA Saul is different from the caring, bearded poet Saul when he's in his human element. The show has always been about the two faces that one wears, as a member of the CIA, or as a soldier, etc. Not great, but not out of character. I'm actually a little worried about Quinn though.

Anybody watch Orphan Black? I'm through the first couple of episodes.
    The show could completely fall apart post-season 1, but if it ever gets on Netflix, I'd guess that it will blow up and become insanely popular. My favorite new show of 2013. Maslany's performance is the only thing this year I would say that rivaled Cranston.

Does anybody watch Bates Motel? I flew through it and am already psyched(pun intended) for season 2. Vera Farmiga is so good. Anybody watch Orphan Black? I'm through the first couple of episodes.

Maybe I'll go back to Ray Donovan but I really didn't connect with most of the characters on that show. I know it's a good show and critically acclaimed so we'll see.
    I've watched a few episodes of Bates Motel. It is surprisingly good. I'll have to catch up on it at some point.

Arrow- season 2 premiere, what a great way to start the season. Arrow is just a well done series and how a super hero tv show should be done
    Don't ask Marvin Harrison what he did during the bye week. "Batman never told where the Bat Cave is," he explained.

9. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Suaveness For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Suaveness View Post
    Arrow- season 2 premiere, what a great way to start the season. Arrow is just a well done series and how a super hero tv show should be done
    Damn straight. Up until this premier Once Upon A Time was top dog for me for TV this season so far, but after this episode Arrow reclaims the throne.

I am so p!ssed at Marvel because this is everything that DareDevil could have been as a TV show, but hey complete props for the folks at DC for legitimately cleaning Marvel's clock when it comes to superhero shows and TV and in particular animated movies.

Basketball isn't played with computers, spreadsheets, and simulations. ChicagoJ 4/21/13

Damn straight. Up until this premier Once Upon A Time was top dog for me for TV this season so far, but after this episode Arrow reclaims the throne.

I am so p!ssed at Marvel because this is everything that DareDevil could have been as a TV show, but hey complete props for the folks at DC for legitimately cleaning Marvel's clock when it comes to superhero shows and TV and in particular animated movies.
    For me nothing can ever top Batman the animated series. It was pure magic.

And I think Agents of SHIELD can be good, but it needs some time to figure out its characters and how it wants to go tonally. I trust Joss
    Don't ask Marvin Harrison what he did during the bye week. "Batman never told where the Bat Cave is," he explained.

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

I continue to be amazed with New Girl. It continues to bring it each week and Schmidt continues to say and do outlandish things that are hilarious. The cast in general is great, and I think the writer's have finally found Winston's niche: To make him insane. Andy Greenwald wrote a good piece about this (and Fox's Tuesday night comedy block) in his column. Definitely worth a read.

http://www.grantland.com/story/_/id/...tuesday-nights

I also watched the first four episodes of Brooklyn Nine Nine and really enjoyed that one as well. I think it still has some growing to do but I got plenty of laughs out of it. Hard not to like Andy Samberg.

13. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to cdash For This Useful Post:

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by Hicks View Post
    You didn't think it was anticlimactic?

As for a spinoff, that seems excessive to me, but unless the initial reviews are terrible I'll give it a look.
    Yes and no, the Gov is/was an interesting character so I personally hoped he would make it past the season. I also liked Rick's mindset of ramping it down after he saw the path he and Carl were on...
    * Most Humorous Poster Nominee (2004, 2005, 2010)
    * Off Topic Post of the Year Winner (2009)
    * Off Topic Thread of the Year Nominee (2010)

Formerly a naturallystoned, badinfluence...

Same here. For whatever reason that show was just flat for me, I can't really explain why. The acting is good, the writing is okay, I'm just not sure why I didn't like it more that I did.
    Could not agree more. I found myself making sure I watched every Sunday night (via DVR), but then wondering why I was so quick to watch it on Sundays. The main character just isn't interesting enough, and the reveal is fairly predictable, doesn't really make him any less mysterious or one-note.

My problem with Ray Donovan is that everyone but Terry gets on my nerves. Maybe that's the point—there really is no "good" character. But the kids are laughably bad, the wife is one of the most terribly-written characters in recent memory, and that leaves us with only the Donovan men and any secondary characters (which, to be fair, are actually really interesting characters).

Just watched the pilot and one other episode of Twin Peaks as I didn't watch any of it in it's heyday. I have to say that I wasn't overly impressed considering it's regarded as one of the greatest TV shows of all time. Is it outdated a bit by today's standards? Should I keep going and get farther into the series?

Quote Originally Posted by cdash View Post
    I continue to be amazed with New Girl. It continues to bring it each week and Schmidt continues to say and do outlandish things that are hilarious. The cast in general is great, and I think the writer's have finally found Winston's niche: To make him insane. Andy Greenwald wrote a good piece about this (and Fox's Tuesday night comedy block) in his column. Definitely worth a read.

http://www.grantland.com/story/_/id/...tuesday-nights

I also watched the first four episodes of Brooklyn Nine Nine and really enjoyed that one as well. I think it still has some growing to do but I got plenty of laughs out of it. Hard not to like Andy Samberg.

Couldn't agree more with New Girl. Winston's character is now my 2nd favorite (behind Schmidt) but Nick and Jesse's relationship is hurting the show a lot I think... Not a good fit, and the chemistry seems unintentionally awkward..

Everyone has probably talked about it already, but Newsroom (Just finished the 2nd season yesterday) is easily my favorite show out right now. Witty writing and characters that are easy to like. I'd put it right above House of Cards and Luther as my favorite show. And, yes, well above Breaking Bad imo

The Goldbergs has gotten a little better with each episode. Still not hilarious or anything, but watchable.

Quote Originally Posted by Ichi View Post
    Couldn't agree more with New Girl. Winston's character is now my 2nd favorite (behind Schmidt) but Nick and Jesse's relationship is hurting the show a lot I think... Not a good fit, and the chemistry seems unintentionally awkward..
    Winston's infatuation with that cat is fantastic. Also, I loved his complete inability to put together a puzzle. Good stuff from him so far this season. Schmidt is still the ace of the show, agreed. I don't know that Nick and Jess' relationship is hurting the show yet--I think they have handled it pretty well so far, but have to admit it makes me a bit nervous.

21. The Following User Says Thank You to cdash For This Useful Post:

The latest episode of Shield was a little better than the previous ones. I think if for no other reason than I am hoping that scientist at the end becomes Graviton.

If I could wave a magic wand I would get rid of Fitz & Simmons as they are just annoying as hell and I hate that right now that the entire group was put together by a committee of people sitting around a board table saying "can we rastafari this character by 10% or so". (Simpson reference).

I like the concept, but honestly I just don't like most of the characters.

On another note, caught the premier of American Horror Story: Coven. As wild and weird as ever.

I've given up on SHIELD. Mostly I've been bored by it and just don't care about the characters.

Let PG Fly Again Soon! ECKrueger's Avatar

Enjoying the Middle, Modern Family, Parks and Rec, Always Sunny, the League, and Brooklyn 99.

The Goldbergs and Back in the Game are alright.

Looking forward to White Collar next week, and can't wait for Suits.

We just found out about The Middle, since syndication to channel 4 at 5pm each weekday. Hilarious. Mike and Frankie Heck is pretty much me and my GF's relationship, so much so that I've resorted to calling her Frankie.

Always Sunny was great. Everyone killed off Dee in their fantasies. If only God would have said "Damn me" in Mac's.
    Last edited by Since86; 10-11-2013 at 11:50 AM.
    Just because you're offended, doesn't mean you're right.” ― Ricky Gervais.

What if someone from a school of business or management school were to ask, How did you do this? How did you get the Pacers turned around? Is there a general approach you've taken that can be summarized?

Larry Bird: Yeah, patience.

Nobody used to watch Twin Peaks?

My recollection is that back in the day it was thought of as unique and groundbreaking (in it's approach to TV or film making for that matter) for a few episodes and then people decided that the story wasn't actually good though...

I was surprised to read your mention of it being regarded as one of the greatest TV shows of all time. I dunno... I remember seeing a few scenes in passing but don't remember watching much of it at all. I do remember the early hype and then quick fizzle. Seems like it lasted a couple of seasons but I don't recall...

Maybe it needed more time than the ratings of the day allowed to actually establish it's foundation?
    Nuntius was right. I was wrong. Frank Vogel has retained his job.

------

"A player who makes a team great is more valuable than a great player. Losing yourself in the group, for the good of the group, that’s teamwork."

-John Wooden

When you see me, it won't be me.

On another note, caught the premier of American Horror Story: Coven. As wild and weird as ever.
    And I am definitely looking forward to Bates and Lange chewing up some scenary together.

30. The Following User Says Thank You to joeyd For This Useful Post: