Page 162 of 184 FirstFirst ... 62112152158159160161162163164165166172 ... LastLast
Results 4,026 to 4,050 of 4592

Thread: What TV Show Did You Last Watch

Default Re: What TV Show Did You Last Watch

Quote Originally Posted by Peck View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I want to like it obviously, but honestly I thought the first episode was just okay. I like the fact that Colson is an LMD

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Life_Model_Decoy
    I like that he doesn't know it either.

I enjoyed today's episode, and loved the cameo
    Don't ask Marvin Harrison what he did during the bye week. "Batman never told where the Bat Cave is," he explained.

Caught the season premier of Homeland.

So disappointed that they have taken a show that had huge potential and turned it into a weekly session to see how many times Claire Dane can cry & have a pained look on her face. I guess this was the plan all along but I'll be damned if that is what I thought it would be. I thought we were going to have a real spy vs spy thing going on with the CIA and Al Qaeda. But now it's just a drawn out soap opera with a few elements of espionage thrown in every now and then.

Good God whoever wrote that script for the dialogue between Carrie & the Senate Chair person could not have been more contrived & cliche'd if they tried.

I'll keep up this season but I think it's going to be a show that I watch whenever I can, not as soon as it's on because I need to see it.

I'm not sure I'll go on past this season unless things change.

Basketball isn't played with computers, spreadsheets, and simulations. ChicagoJ 4/21/13

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Peck For This Useful Post:

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by Unclebuck View Post
    To be honest when the Gray Matter thing came up in the second to the last episode I had no idea (or memory) of what Gray Matter was or who those two people were. I didn't recall the episode where it was an issue.
    Spoiler Spoiler:
    * Most Humorous Poster Nominee (2004, 2005, 2010)
    * Off Topic Post of the Year Winner (2009)
    * Off Topic Thread of the Year Nominee (2010)

Formerly a naturallystoned, badinfluence...

What you have to understand about Breaking Bad (I THINK) is that the last few episodes finally revealed Walt's motivation for doing what he did. I mean, yeah, after the last few seasons, we realized it wasn't really about his family. But it was still a bit of a turn to realize, as well, that it wasn't so much about power or money, either, as it was about legacy. Ultimately, that's all Walt cared about. A dying man yearning to not be lost in the sands of history.

That's why the Gray Matter callback was important. We were earlier led to believe that Walt was salty about the matter because he lost out on a major profit, or that he ended up as a disrespected chemistry teacher instead. But it wasn't that simple. It wasn't JUST ending up as a public school teacher; it was the fear that he would be forgotten after passing because all he was was a geeky, timid chemistry teacher who inspired no real change or lasting impact in the world.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Dr. Hibbert For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

2nd episode of The Blacklist

I think I am hooked.....

(also watched hostage. I still want to like it, but so far I am not overly impressed)

8. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to vapacersfan For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by Peck View Post
    Caught the season premier of Homeland.

So disappointed that they have taken a show that had huge potential and turned it into a weekly session to see how many times Claire Dane can cry & have a pained look on her face. I guess this was the plan all along but I'll be damned if that is what I thought it would be. I thought we were going to have a real spy vs spy thing going on with the CIA and Al Qaeda. But now it's just a drawn out soap opera with a few elements of espionage thrown in every now and then.

Good God whoever wrote that script for the dialogue between Carrie & the Senate Chair person could not have been more contrived & cliche'd if they tried.

I'll keep up this season but I think it's going to be a show that I watch whenever I can, not as soon as it's on because I need to see it.

I'm not sure I'll go on past this season unless things change.
    I too was disappointed with the premiere. I can no longer sympathize with Claire Danes. I mean Saul, who is older and wiser, specifically told her not to date Brody. Brody is a loser, and Claire keeps lying about him
    David "And One" West

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Pacergeek For This Useful Post:

I have given up on Homeland also. I decided that I am not going to watch at all this season. The acting is good on the show and it isn't a bad show, but it bores me and it is not worth my time.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Unclebuck For This Useful Post:

You guys are scaring me.

I just got the season 2 DVD in the mail like 5 minutes ago.

was looking forward to that after I finish the last 4 eiposds of BE (season 3)

You Did It Joseph!!!! AesopRockOn's Avatar
    Mood

I guess I'm a Homeland defender. Carrie got to do a lot of things in the last episode and showed a ton of (hilarious) agency at the end of the ep. I think the Claire Danes is always crying meme just gained too much traction and now it's difficult not to notice, even if most of her scenes are unrelated to that. Look, the first season was better than the second because of the swift and deft plot turns, but I'd say it's pretty much the same show. Each character has been consistent, even if the level of believability hasn't. It's always been a soap opera and Carrie will always have these issues to deal with. I think that's kind of the point. Anyway, if you watch any show for the plot, you will be disappointed eventually. Me, I like the characters, so I'm sticking with it, acknowledging its faults (and that it isn't a hall of fame show or whatever). It's hard out there for female leads.

I like Homeland as well, though can't put my finger on a good reason why. I really think the main actress brings the show down...how Danes keeps winning awards for that show is beyond me. But I like Saul, and Brody, and the assassin guy whose name I always forget. And Mike. And Virgil and Max most of all. So I keep watching and hoping they'll move away from melodrama at some point.

Homeland jumped the shark for me when they decided to focus so much on Carrie's bi polar condition and meds, and off her meds.... and... yada yada...

The meds supposedly mean she can't work at the CIA any longer yet they found a way for her to get back temporarily. Huh?

But if she can't be CIA then the show loses something right there... And if she can't be CIA, then she can't be CIA. Why is she in the building even? Why is everyone not cutting ties?

And then the relationship with her and Brody... huh? Not only does it seem wrong on a professional level (which brings her down) but it doesn't seem to make any sense to the story. I'm not seeing the chemistry.

I guess another issue I have is I expected a 'big bad' per season. Not this Brody thing running on for 3 seasons.
    Nuntius was right. I was wrong. Frank Vogel has retained his job.

------

"A player who makes a team great is more valuable than a great player. Losing yourself in the group, for the good of the group, that’s teamwork."

-John Wooden

17. The Following User Says Thank You to Bball For This Useful Post:

Staying away from reading this board.

Starting watching Breaking Bad on Netflix last week. I'm midway through season 2. Really good show. Strange how the first season seemed more of a dark comedy and the second season is just dark.
    Lance + Starting SG = Awesome

Now really free Lance!

Quote Originally Posted by Sparhawk View Post
    Staying away from reading this board.

Starting watching Breaking Bad on Netflix last week. I'm midway through season 2. Really good show. Strange how the first season seemed more of a dark comedy and the second season is just dark.
    Enjoy BB!!! The entire series has a comedy element
    David "And One" West

Watched the first 6 episodes of Ray Donovan. Getting ready to start on Bates Motel.

Gotta give props to Ray Donovan as it's a great show, but I like my sleeper pick(Bates Motel) better so far.

I'm going to try not to post something negative every week about this but I can't help myself this week. The latest episode of Homeland was pathetic, possibly actually probably the worst episode of the entire series.

Maybe I just need to quit now but Clair Dane's character does nothing for me. To be blunt the brand new analyst that they brought in to help with computers has far more appeal to me as a strong female character than Dane's ever has.

But on that note Saul's response to the analyst wearing the traditional Islamic head covering was so out of character and poorly done that I am now wondering if they don't have an entire new writing team and if they weren't briefed on how the characters act?

This week's show was so bad that I am actually looking forward to Brody being back in the show soon.

On the other hand I can't say enough how great Once Upon a Time is. They took last week's stellar premier and somehow were able to kick it up even a notch higher. The fact that this is actually Disney is even wilder because they are turning their bread and butter hero's upside down on their heads. Peter Pan as a demon who steals soul's to make the lost boys? Hook as a drunken anti-hero?

I know that a lot of people are shying away from this because they are afraid it's just fairy tale stuff, but I'm telling you they are going so far out in left field with this that we don't really know who is good and who is bad anymore. Hell even Jiminy Cricket was backstabbing people early on in the show.

Looking forward to the season premier of Arrow.

Basketball isn't played with computers, spreadsheets, and simulations. ChicagoJ 4/21/13

23. The Following User Says Thank You to Peck For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Since86 View Post
    1 hour HIMYM is on tonight, for any of those who have waited 8 seasons to meet the mother.
    The final season has been a major disappointment so far, IMHO. There have been four episodes, yet it seems like about 20 minutes have elapsed. Is anything substantial ever going to happen? Is it going to take the entire season for Marshall to make a 20 hour drive? Is he even in Illinois yet? He's driving from Minnesota to New York, not Anchorage to Miami. They showed the mother, but is Ted ever going to actually meet her? It basically seems like she's going to be a girl that he went for when he realized he was never going to get Robin. It's beginning to feel like the show should be renamed How I Met Your Mother at the very end of the ninth season after I realized I was never going to get one of the show's other main characters who I've chased around like a puppy for much of the series.

I hope to God that this final season isn't filled with a bunch of filler episodes like last night just so they can hype up the wedding at the very end of the season, yet I fear it is judging by next week's poker game show preview. I'm tired of these filler episodes with goofy plots that chip away about 10 minutes of time. It's going to be super annoying if they do this all season. Where has the mother been, BTW? They showed her at the beginning of the season, yet she has been nowhere to be found over the last couple of episodes. She needs to be a prominent character for there to be any hope of salvaging this season. Developing her character is far more interesting than hearing the "Bro Code" recited for the billionth time.

The writers are just mailing it in at this point. I don't know if I laughed once last night, and I used to laugh a lot at this show. But I know that I'll still continue to watch every episode anyway.
    Last edited by Sollozzo; 10-08-2013 at 09:21 AM.

Started Homeland season 2 last night. Enjoying the show so far

No clue if it is true, but radio this AM said Diana Agron will not be on Glee tribute episode to kid who died because they did not get along (and suppsoedly someone on the show asked she not be in the episode)

Quote Originally Posted by Sollozzo View Post
    The final season has been a major disappointment so far, IMHO. There have been four episodes, yet it seems like about 20 minutes have elapsed. Is anything substantial ever going to happen? Is it going to take the entire season for Marshall to make a 20 hour drive? Is he even in Illinois yet? He's driving from Minnesota to New York, not Anchorage to Miami. They showed the mother, but is Ted ever going to actually meet her? It basically seems like she's going to be a girl that he went for when he realized he was never going to get Robin. It's beginning to feel like the show should be renamed How I Met Your Mother at the very end of the ninth season after I realized I was never going to get one of the show's other main characters who I've chased around like a puppy for much of the series.

I hope to God that this final season isn't filled with a bunch of filler episodes like last night just so they can hype up the wedding at the very end of the season, yet I fear it is judging by next week's poker game show preview. I'm tired of these filler episodes with goofy plots that chip away about 10 minutes of time. It's going to be super annoying if they do this all season. Where has the mother been, BTW? They showed her at the beginning of the season, yet she has been nowhere to be found over the last couple of episodes. She needs to be a prominent character for there to be any hope of salvaging this season. Developing her character is far more interesting than hearing the "Bro Code" recited for the billionth time.

The writers are just mailing it in at this point. I don't know if I laughed once last night, and I used to laugh a lot at this show. But I know that I'll still continue to watch every episode anyway.

I'm right there with you. I'm looking at the episode list, and it's not looking good.
    Just because you're offended, doesn't mean you're right.” ― Ricky Gervais.

What if someone from a school of business or management school were to ask, How did you do this? How did you get the Pacers turned around? Is there a general approach you've taken that can be summarized?

Larry Bird: Yeah, patience.

27. The Following User Says Thank You to Since86 For This Useful Post:

Not sure if anyone is watching The Blacklist, but I think it's pretty terrific so far. James Spader is a great actor and the cast does a good job too. The action is good and the main plot keeps you intrigued. Can't wait to see how this goes.
    Don't ask Marvin Harrison what he did during the bye week. "Batman never told where the Bat Cave is," he explained.

Best show on TV, Top Gear on BBC America
    "We want Miami"

Have hostages and blacklist on the DVR

Looking forward to blacklist....hoping hostages doesn't disapoint

Mood

Walking Dead season 4 starts Sunday. Here's hoping it washes the bad taste of the season 3 finale out of everyone's mouths. I've felt the show is a bit hit and miss for its entire run, but had there been a definitive conclusion to season 3 I think it would have been overall a pretty strong season.

Quote Originally Posted by Hicks View Post
    Walking Dead season 4 starts Sunday. Here's hoping it washes the bad taste of the season 3 finale out of everyone's mouths. I've felt the show is a bit hit and miss for its entire run, but had there been a definitive conclusion to season 3 I think it would have been overall a pretty strong season.
    Has the spinoff been discussed?

http://tvline.com/2013/09/16/walking...spin-off-2015/

Basically, it's going to re-start the story encompassing new characters in a different location in the country.
    Just because you're offended, doesn't mean you're right.” ― Ricky Gervais.

What if someone from a school of business or management school were to ask, How did you do this? How did you get the Pacers turned around? Is there a general approach you've taken that can be summarized?

Larry Bird: Yeah, patience.

Does anybody watch Bates Motel? I flew through it and am already psyched(pun intended) for season 2. Vera Farmiga is so good. Anybody watch Orphan Black? I'm through the first couple of episodes.

Maybe I'll go back to Ray Donovan but I really didn't connect with most of the characters on that show. I know it's a good show and critically acclaimed so we'll see.
    Last edited by presto123; 10-08-2013 at 03:24 PM.