Page 161 of 186 FirstFirst ... 61111151157158159160161162163164165171 ... LastLast
Results 4,001 to 4,025 of 4629

Thread: What TV Show Did You Last Watch

Default Re: What TV Show Did You Last Watch

Quote Originally Posted by Bball View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote

#2 Was it ever really explained what went down at Gray Matter that was at the root of Walt's frustrations? It was implied that to remain on friendly terms he took the buyout of a few thousand dollars and so then when the company was wildly successful beyond their wildest dreams was it he felt he was morally owed more money... or more recognition.... for his role in the company? We know there was some kind of love triangle... I think... but I don't recall anything ever explaining it much further.

To be honest when the Gray Matter thing came up in the second to the last episode I had no idea (or memory) of what Gray Matter was or who those two people were. I didn't recall the episode where it was an issue.

I'm going to look through the episode synopses from season 1 through 5 and jot down whatever stands out to me as I go:

Spoiler Spoiler:

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Hicks For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

#2 Was it ever really explained what went down at Gray Matter that was at the root of Walt's frustrations? It was implied that to remain on friendly terms he took the buyout of a few thousand dollars and so then when the company was wildly successful beyond their wildest dreams was it he felt he was morally owed more money... or more recognition.... for his role in the company? We know there was some kind of love triangle... I think... but I don't recall anything ever explaining it much further.
    Walt was upset that he was forced to sell out cheaply because of financial issues, and also that he didn't get the recogition for his contributions that he felt he deserved.

Quote Originally Posted by Unclebuck View Post
    To be honest when the Gray Matter thing came up in the second to the last episode I had no idea (or memory) of what Gray Matter was or who those two people were. I didn't recall the episode where it was an issue.
    Elliot is the one who offered to pay for Walt's medical treatment, the money that he was supposedly using to pay his medical bills before Skylar figured out it was drug money.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Shade For This Useful Post:

Episode 4 of Breaking Bad. Really digging this show. Wife doesn't like a lot of violence, so she doesn't like it.
    Lance + Starting SG = Awesome

Now really free Lance!

Spoiler Spoiler:

-
    Nuntius was right. I was wrong. Frank Vogel has retained his job.

------

"A player who makes a team great is more valuable than a great player. Losing yourself in the group, for the good of the group, thatís teamwork."

-John Wooden

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Bball For This Useful Post:

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

-
    No kidding hell the first season when he brought it up you could tell it killed him. Great job by Gillian emphasizing it even in season 1. I think it was the main reason he did what he did.

But really that was the best show I have ever watched. Such a good ending. I didn't see some of it coming really brilliant writing this last season, but the ending that should of happen did.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to pacer4ever For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Sparhawk View Post
    Episode 4 of Breaking Bad. Really digging this show. Wife doesn't like a lot of violence, so she doesn't like it.
    I wish I was you. Being able to watch the show again for the first time would be a huge treat. Sure I can watch it again, and I will in a few years, but won't be like the first time.

13. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Unclebuck For This Useful Post:

I wish I was you. Being able to watch the show again for the first time would be a huge treat. Sure I can watch it again, and I will in a few years, but won't be like the first time.
    I'm actually glad I didn't catch onto BB until a month ago. Watching it all fresh in such a short timeframe really made it one hell of a roller coaster ride.

I experienced it both ways; watched the first three seasons on either blu-ray or on demand, and then watched Seasons 4, 5a, and 5b in real time. There's merits to both. Binge watching is more of a ride, but real time lets you ponder on each episode and suffer the suspense from week to week, year to year that binge watching can't match.

16. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Hicks For This Useful Post:

21 Fun and Interesting Facts About Breaking Bad:

http://www.geeksaresexy.net/2013/09/...=zergnet_96415

Quote Originally Posted by Hicks View Post
    I experienced it both ways; watched the first three seasons on either blu-ray or on demand, and then watched Seasons 4, 5a, and 5b in real time. There's merits to both. Binge watching is more of a ride, but real time lets you ponder on each episode and suffer the suspense from week to week, year to year that binge watching can't match.
    The only episode I watched "live" was the last one.

True about not having as much time to ponder each episode, but on the upshot, it was all still fresh in my mind at the end. Probably took a bit more of an emotional toll as well since I took it all in so fast.

19. The Following User Says Thank You to Shade For This Useful Post:

You Did It Joseph!!!! AesopRockOn's Avatar
    Mood

I thought the finale was very well executed, Cranston reached another level on his performance, (I'm assuming he's just turning down all the roles at this point.) and certainly made me appreciate how clever the show is. That said, that sure was a nice Happy Birthday present with a pretty bow on it.
    Spoiler Spoiler:
    One of the main things that the writers, producers, and actors kept saying about the finale was that it was a very Breaking Bad ending. In the writing and execution, I think it definitely was. Each second, even the weird flashback, was mesmerizing. And I guess how you feel about the ending greatly depends on your expectations of a Breaking Bad ending. I really did not expect
    Spoiler Spoiler:
    Consistent story/character wise, but maybe not thematically/morally. It'll be interesting to see once the dust clears, how the show's vision or morality holds up on further analysis. It's certainly worth talking about.

21. The Following User Says Thank You to AesopRockOn For This Useful Post:

Honestly I didn't think Walt was a hero hardly at all in the end.

Spoiler Spoiler:

23. The Following User Says Thank You to Hicks For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

The more I think about it, the more I didn't really like the finale to Breaking Bad.

Breaking Bad... morality of the ending...
    Spoiler Spoiler:

EDIT: Or what Hicks said....
    Last edited by Bball; 10-01-2013 at 12:21 PM.

------

"A player who makes a team great is more valuable than a great player. Losing yourself in the group, for the good of the group, thatís teamwork."

-John Wooden

26. The Following User Says Thank You to Bball For This Useful Post:

So if I had to put together a top 5. it might be this.

1) One Minute
    2) Dead Freight
    3) Ozymandias
    4) Salud
    5) Probably the finale from last night

Anyone else have some others I have missed.

Probably the best thing about the show is that after season 2, there were no subpar episodes.
    Some really good ones there but I would have to include Half Measures from Season 3. The episode opens with that great montage of Wendy turning tricks at the Crystal Palace (to the song Wendy) and then ends with Walt intervening in the confrontation between Jesse and Gus' dealers. Also includes that great conversation between Mike & Walt where the episode gets it's name.

28. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Downtown Bang! For This Useful Post:

I just watched the season premier of Once upon a time (I had it DVR'd) and wow that may be one of the best season premiers I've seen in a long long time.

This show is so much fun that it's insane. They are turning the legend and story of Peter Pan upside down on it's head right now, which I love.

If your not watching it you should give it a chance.

Also season premier of Revenge started off strong. Honestly though I just don't know how much more they can pull out of this one.

I have to give it to ABC, they certainly are kind of going against the network grain and giving us actual scripted shows that are not procedural's and sticking with them.

Basketball isn't played with computers, spreadsheets, and simulations. ChicagoJ 4/21/13

30. The Following User Says Thank You to Peck For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

I've never watched a minute of Breaking Bad. Maybe it's time I see what all of the fuss is about.

32. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Sollozzo For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Peck View Post
    I just watched the season premier of Once upon a time (I had it DVR'd) and wow that may be one of the best season premiers I've seen in a long long time.

This show is so much fun that it's insane. They are turning the legend and story of Peter Pan upside down on it's head right now, which I love.

Also season premier of Revenge started off strong. Honestly though I just don't know how much more they can pull out of this one.

I have to give it to ABC, they certainly are kind of going against the network grain and giving us actual scripted shows that are not procedural's and sticking with them.
    I'm a big fan of Once Upon a Time. It's fun and the acting is good.

What did you think of Agents of SHIELD?
    Don't ask Marvin Harrison what he did during the bye week. "Batman never told where the Bat Cave is," he explained.

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by Peck View Post

I watched Revenge as well and honestly I barely paid attention, it will probably pick up again especially with what happens at the end of the season with Emily getting shot. I don't have high hopes since the creator and frontrunner is out of the picture.
    * Most Humorous Poster Nominee (2004, 2005, 2010)
    * Off Topic Post of the Year Winner (2009)
    * Off Topic Thread of the Year Nominee (2010)

Formerly a naturallystoned, badinfluence...

Quote Originally Posted by Suaveness View Post
    I'm a big fan of Once Upon a Time. It's fun and the acting is good.

What did you think of Agents of SHIELD?
    I want to like it obviously, but honestly I thought the first episode was just okay. I like the fact that Colson is an LMD

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Life_Model_Decoy

Basketball isn't played with computers, spreadsheets, and simulations. ChicagoJ 4/21/13

You Did It Joseph!!!! AesopRockOn's Avatar
    Mood

Quote Originally Posted by Hicks View Post
    Honestly I didn't think Walt was a hero hardly at all in the end.

Spoiler Spoiler:
    You can interpret it that way, but based on what VG and the other writers/directors have said, there are supposed to be three main characters to differentiate between: Walter White, Heisenberg, and the combination of the two that we see at various points (mostly at the end). (Personally, this is kind of a boring way to think about it, but that is supposed to be that way they envisioned it.) It would be a bit ridiculous when talking about the finale specifically, to compare/contrast episode 1 WW with finale [fill in whichever character]. A sinner's redemption does not come following the white lie to a spouse or even a violent act of self defense. It comes after the worst acts of evil and the pain inflicted on those around. So...
    Spoiler Spoiler:
    I don't think it's absurd to suggest that VG and the writers had a soft spot for the main character of their series. The level of redemption is interpretable, but I think their intention is pretty clear. (No projection, the shot you're referring to is literally called 'the God's eye view' shot.) Most than most great TV series, BB was focused, linear, and resolute. Whether the end was predictable or satisfying or whatever, it was the end; and I think they went for the happy (like the end of Purple Rose of Cairo happy, closer to bittersweet) ending.

They can call it the God's eye view shot, but that doesn't automatically make it someone going to heaven or whatnot.

Vince Gilligan explains the process and thoughts behinds the final BB episode:

Spoiler Spoiler:

http://insidetv.ew.com/2013/09/30/br...ince-gilligan/

------

-John Wooden

39. The Following User Says Thank You to Bball For This Useful Post: