Page 159 of 190 FirstFirst ... 59109149155156157158159160161162163169 ... LastLast
Results 3,951 to 3,975 of 4745

Thread: What TV Show Did You Last Watch

Default Re: What TV Show Did You Last Watch

Quote Originally Posted by Unclebuck View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    watched two new sitcoms last night on FOX.

Dads was really awful. Not funny, not good.

Brooklyn Nine-Nine - was really good. Funny, good characters. Will watch going forward. if it can keep the quality anywhere near the pilot, this will be an excellent show.
    Agree on both counts. I really enjoyed Brooklyn Nine-Nine, and while I love Andy Samberg, the other characters were fun and entertaining. I hope it keeps it going.
    Don't ask Marvin Harrison what he did during the bye week. "Batman never told where the Bat Cave is," he explained.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Suaveness For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Just finished Season 4 of Breaking Bad...wow!

I plan to be caught up just in time for the finale.

You Did It Joseph!!!! AesopRockOn's Avatar
    Mood

For anyone who thought that last episode of BB was really good (and it was), Rian Johnson did a commentary track for the episode here: http://www.slashfilm.com/the-ones-wh...-rian-johnson/. BB is really lucky to have a talent like RJ at its disposal; I thought he helped to ground a lot of what was happening in very classic but creative ways (contrasted with the previous couple of weeks).

Wow Todd, that coldness.

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Damn Todd.

Heisenberg is out.

Dexter... the finale...
    Spoiler Spoiler:
    Last edited by Bball; 09-22-2013 at 11:28 PM.
    Nuntius was right. I was wrong. Frank Vogel has retained his job.

------

"A player who makes a team great is more valuable than a great player. Losing yourself in the group, for the good of the group, thatís teamwork."

-John Wooden

What the **** Dexter, that made no sense at all. So many plot holes, I rather would have just seen a happy ending than that random one they just showed.

I felt like I watched the first half of a 2.5 hour single episode tonight. I guess I expected to feel that way. Ready to see the finale.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Hicks For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by immortality View Post
    What the **** Dexter, that made no sense at all. So many plot holes, I rather would have just seen a happy ending than that random one they just showed.
    that show just got hilariously bad. they'll be studying it in writing courses.

As I've previously stated there was just no good way to end Dexter for everyone. These types of shows are hard to wrap up in general but specifically this one was really going to be hard because they spent the past season and a half convincing us the Dexter no longer needed his "dark passenger" that the ending that they did give us actually may have been the one single thing they could have done to ensure that no one was happy with this ending.

Honest to God the one that was leaked online was far superior to the one that aired.

I've been thinking about what actually happened to the show that made it veer so far off the beaten path and the one thing that keeps sticking in my mind over and over is that it seemed for the first few seasons that the writers went out of their way to make everything fairly believable (at least as believable as a show like this can be) and then the past few years it seemed like it was to much work for them to do so they just kind of went eff it and wrote whatever they wanted and figured we would all suspend disbelief.

Prime example of that occurred tonight when Dexter was wheeling the person out of the hospital. Here is a guy wearing street clothes just wheeling this person right out the E.R. door by dozens of hospital personnel and Ambulance people right down the ramp to the ocean. Not one person thought this was odd? Granted this may be a minor thing but it's just this type of thing that would not have occurred in the first few seasons.

It's funny how both Dexter & Breaking Bad started around the same time and Dexter initially was every bit as hot as BB is right now, well at this point some of the fan hysteria over BB is over blown but that's another point. But somewhere mid way they changed as BB soon picked up steam and has rolled to the finish while mid way through Dexter lost steam and all but petered out in the end.

Some of the fanfare for both shows was over worked. I mean right now you can't even offer up a small criticism of BB without a legion of people coming down on you and the exact opposite of Dexter was true that if there was even one episode you might have liked of this last season you would have been afraid to speak out as people were just railing against everything about the show for the past two season.

But in the end, the very end, Dexter found a way to disappoint even me who had pretty much resigned myself to accepting about anything they wanted to do. Anything but this that is.

Basketball isn't played with computers, spreadsheets, and simulations. ChicagoJ 4/21/13

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Peck For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

1 hour HIMYM is on tonight, for any of those who have waited 8 seasons to meet the mother.
    ďJust because you're offended, doesn't mean you're right.Ē ― Ricky Gervais.

What if someone from a school of business or management school were to ask, How did you do this? How did you get the Pacers turned around? Is there a general approach you've taken that can be summarized?

Larry Bird: Yeah, patience.

16. The Following User Says Thank You to Since86 For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by Since86 View Post
    1 hour HIMYM is on tonight, for any of those who have waited 8 seasons to meet the mother.

I think that the early seasons were waaaaay better than the last couple, but I still always watch it. Hopefully it has a strong final season.

18. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Sollozzo For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

The early seasons of HIMYM were fantastic and the last few seasons have been subpar compared to them, but I have watched it since it began so I definitely watching the final season.

Losing a lot of shows this year.

Futurama
    Breaking Bad
    Burn Notice
    HIMYM

The other night I completed all seven seasons of Buffy the Vampire Slayer. I am not moving onto Angel.

It's been a weird trip for me as these shows have been off of the air for almost a decade a piece. Seeing actors now who are significantly older is sometimes shocking.

Basketball isn't played with computers, spreadsheets, and simulations. ChicagoJ 4/21/13

Agents of Shield tonight!! So excited, need more Marvel and Joss and Coulson
    Don't ask Marvin Harrison what he did during the bye week. "Batman never told where the Bat Cave is," he explained.

Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.

It was okay. But I consider that a win with anything being produced by Quesada and Loeb.

Agents of SHIELD -- I personally enjoyed the hell out of that. Loved the connections to the Marvel universe and loved the Joss Whedonisms thrown in throughout the episode. His mix of humor and action is just the best. Can't wait to see where they take this

The Goldbergs

I've been waiting for a good 80's-themed show, but this just comes off as a bad version of The Wonder Years. It doesn't really remind me of the 80's, either.

It had better get a lot better (and funnier) or it's going to flop hard.

26. The Following User Says Thank You to Shade For This Useful Post:

If you think BB is intense, try watching it all the way through from scratch in under a month. Holy cow.

Finally up to speed in time for the finale. There's a lot to wrap up in one episode. Can't wait.

28. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Shade For This Useful Post:

'Dexter' producers explain finale, defend final season

Spoiler Spoiler:

http://insidetv.ew.com/2013/09/23/de...ries-finale/3/

So after reading the interview with the Dexter producers from the final seasons... and then seeing this from the executive producer from seasons 1-4 I think we can see where this show went off the rails (a totally different vision for the character obviously)...

"I haven't shared this with anyone," Philips told me. "And I can tell you that this is what I personally would have done should I have stayed with the show. I chose not to stay with the show, and so everybody did what they did, and I had no problem with that…and I think they did a good job with the final episode. But here is what I personally would have pitched."

"In the very last scene of the series," Philips explained, "Dexter wakes up. And everybody is going to think, 'Oh, it was a dream.' And then the camera pulls back and back and back and then we realize, 'No, it's not a dream.' Dexter's opening his eyes and he's on the execution table at the Florida Penitentiary. They're just starting to administer the drugs and he looks out through the window to the observation gallery.

"And in the gallery are all the people that Dexter killed—including the Trinity Killer and the Ice Truck Killer (his brother Rudy), LaGuerta who he was responsible killing, Doakes who he's arguably responsible for, Rita, who he's arguably responsible for, Lila. All the big deaths, and also whoever the weekly episodic kills were. They are all there.

"That's what I envisioned for the ending of Dexter. That everything we've seen over the past eight seasons has happened in the several seconds from the time they start Dexter's execution to the time they finish the execution and he dies. Literally, his life flashed before his eyes as he was about to die. I think it would have been a great, epic, very satisfying conclusion."
    http://www.eonline.com/news/461558/c...end-the-series
    Last edited by Bball; 09-25-2013 at 02:05 AM.
    Nuntius was right. I was wrong. Frank Vogel has retained his job.

------

"A player who makes a team great is more valuable than a great player. Losing yourself in the group, for the good of the group, thatís teamwork."

-John Wooden

Quote Originally Posted by Shade View Post
    Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.

It was okay. But I consider that a win with anything being produced by Quesada and Loeb.
    I was so bored, I stopped watching about 40 minutes in. Won't watch again.

I do wonder if I don't give network shows the same benefit of the doubt I often give cable shows. I mean if Breaking Bad had premiered at this time of the year on CBS, would I have watched beyond the first episode? Plus shows like Damages, The Wire, BB and Dexter I didn't start watching until at least a season or two in when it was widely known the shows were really good.

Did watch The Blacklist - I hope they slow the pace of this show down a little bit - it was just too manic. But I liked it well enough to watch again. James Spader makes the show

Hostages - I wanted to like it, I like the concept. I liked the pacing, I am interested to see what happens next. Having said that the writing is really bad and because of that the acting seems not good. I might watch another week or so.
    Last edited by Unclebuck; 09-25-2013 at 09:00 AM.

Banned

Man I love "the shield", "Never mix your blood stains with your delicates duma**" Vick is the man

Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. & The Goldbergs

I thought Agents was good. it did start slow, but considering it is the first episode and they have to get everyone introduced I was fine with it. I too am curious to see what they do with it.

Goldbergs was just bad. In some parts it was so bad it was funny. The cars, clothes and such were the only thing reminding me of the '80s. If I watched the show on after it I don't remember what it was.