Page 157 of 187 FirstFirst ... 57107147153154155156157158159160161167 ... LastLast
Results 3,901 to 3,925 of 4667

Thread: What TV Show Did You Last Watch

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Default Re: What TV Show Did You Last Watch

The new season of Sunny has started off pretty slow. Not wild about either of the first two episodes. In fact I thought last night's was one of my least favorite Sunny episodes ever. Just didn't do anything for me.

Banned

"The Presidents Gatekeepers" I love this series, they talk to a lot people that used to be in the white house, great show.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by vnzla81 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    "The Presidents Gatekeepers" I love this series, they talk to a lot people that used to be in the white house, great show.
    Ok so on the show last night Bush Jr's chief of staff talked about what he thought about when the second airplane hit the other tower, he said "as soon as I saw the other airplane I knew that it was OBL(Osama Bin Laden), not trying to start anything here but that part kind of pissed me off

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

What network is that on vnzla? That show sounds really interesting.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by cdash View Post
    What network is that on vnzla? That show sounds really interesting.
    Discovery Chanel, yeah I don't know how many episodes they are going to have but the show is great, they talk to a lot of people, former presidents and everything.

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Watched the series finally of Burn Notice. Loved the series and sad to see it go, but it went out with a nice episode.

Losing Burn Notice, HIMYM, Breaking Bad, and Futurama this season.

So they cancelled "the killing" again.

I knew they were being dumb leaving the show on a cliff hanger like that. Idiotic, in fact I wish they would not have even done this past season (it wasn't that great but still better than most shows on tv) but to leave it like that is just wrong.

Basketball isn't played with computers, spreadsheets, and simulations. ChicagoJ 4/21/13

Ok so on the show last night Bush Jr's chief of staff talked about what he thought about when the second airplane hit the other tower, he said "as soon as I saw the other airplane I knew that it was OBL(Osama Bin Laden), not trying to start anything here but that part kind of pissed me off
    I don't want to go to political here but I guess I'm just very curious, why were you mad?

Basketball isn't played with computers, spreadsheets, and simulations. ChicagoJ 4/21/13

Quote Originally Posted by Peck View Post
    I don't want to go to political here but I guess I'm just very curious, why were you mad?
    If you think this is too far into the realm of political discussion that's cool, tell me to STFU, but regardless of someone's affiliation if Andrew Card really said that, I haven't seen the show, it's pretty easily understandable how that'd be infuriating given what happened whatever side someone falls on.

Quote Originally Posted by Heisenberg View Post
    If you think this is too far into the realm of political discussion that's cool, tell me to STFU, but regardless of someone's affiliation if Andrew Card really said that, I haven't seen the show, it's pretty easily understandable how that'd be infuriating given what happened whatever side someone falls on.
    I'm not trying to be an @ss here but I guess I just don't know why? I saw the episode he is talking about and all Card said basically was that once the second tower was hit his first thoughts went to UBL.

*Edit* I still have it on DVR and I went back and played it and Card said "My first thoughts were...UBL"

I guess I'm not sure why that makes anyone mad? Every single person that day I knew thought the exact same thing, well everyone but me. For some reason I immediately thought that the second plane was some pilot not baying attention, but that just tells you how dumb I am.

Honestly I just don't see, no matter what your political persuasion is, why anyone would be mad at that?

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Peck For This Useful Post:

Million Second Quiz

Love these types of shows but lets be honest....it's just a glorified "who wants to be a millionaire". A way for NBC to get a ratings boost using a popular host from Idol. I still miss the one with the suitcases and Howie Mandell. At least they had kick a** models to look at.

Banned

It pissed me off because the second must powerful man in the white house(according to them) knew who did it, meaning that everybody in the white house knew it too and they still decided to go to Iraq.

It pissed me off because the second must powerful man in the white house(according to them) knew who did it, meaning that everybody in the white house knew it too and they still decided to go to Iraq.
    Um.......okay.

I'm not sure what one has to do with the other seeing as how they did not invade Iraq until March 20, 2003, nearly 2 years later. But I did ask so thanks for answering.

Banned

I'm not trying to be an @ss here but I guess I just don't know why? I saw the episode he is talking about and all Card said basically was that once the second tower was hit his first thoughts went to UBL.

*Edit* I still have it on DVR and I went back and played it and Card said "My first thoughts were...UBL"

I guess I'm not sure why that makes anyone mad? Every single person that day I knew thought the exact same thing, well everyone but me. For some reason I immediately thought that the second plane was some pilot not baying attention, but that just tells you how dumb I am.

Honestly I just don't see, no matter what your political persuasion is, why anyone would be mad at that?
    Peck I don't think anybody knew who OBL was until 9/11, I didn't know about him either. (maybe some people that pay attention to the terrorist list knew about him?).
    Last edited by vnzla81; 09-15-2013 at 01:06 PM.

Peck I don't think anybody knew who OBL was until 9/11, I didn't know about him either. (maybe some people that pay attention to the terrorist list knew about him?).
    If you followed the news closely back then you did, sadly back then I followed the news very closely. (I have given up following the news for the most part for the past 6 years or so).

I remember the summer of 2000 reading an article about how this group called Al Qaeda had radio communications more sophisticated than the U.S. military.

I had also seen him interviewed on (I think) 60 min. or something similar. So yea I was familiar with him.

But granted probably most of the U.S. citizenry didn't know his name, even if they were familiar with his groups actions. (USS Cole, Embassy bombings, etc.)

*On a different note how do you like the Shield?

17. The Following User Says Thank You to Peck For This Useful Post:

Banned

Um.......okay.

I'm not sure what one has to do with the other seeing as how they did not invade Iraq until March 20, 2003, nearly 2 years later. But I did ask so thanks for answering.

It is related if 9/11 doesn't happen probably there is no excuse for Bush to go to Iraq, here is Rumsfeld's memo after 9/11:

Lots and lots of people knew who Osama was before 9/11. He wasn't a giant unknown to the American public, the military, or government at all. And any large scale terrorist act was likely to have people looking at OBL. And certainly the largest terrorist attack ever masterminded would have people looking at him as the man behind it.
    Nuntius was right. I was wrong. Frank Vogel has retained his job.

------

"A player who makes a team great is more valuable than a great player. Losing yourself in the group, for the good of the group, thatís teamwork."

-John Wooden

It is related if 9/11 doesn't happen probably there is no excuse for Bush to go to Iraq, here is Rumsfeld's memo after 9/11:

I understand where your going with this but again I just don't see any reason to connect being angry at Andrew Card for "thinking" first about UBL. I mean you can be mad at the others for steering things in that direction but why be mad at Card for just thinking what anybody who knew anything about terrorism in the 90's thought on that day?

BB :
    Spoiler Spoiler:

Breaking Bad...
    I still can't say I know exactly what is going to happen next or how the pieces will fall into place for the couple of future snippets we've seen.
    Spoiler Spoiler:

Dexter....
    Looks like the leaked ending I posted is playing out exactly how it said it would.
    Nuntius was right. I was wrong. Frank Vogel has retained his job.

------

"A player who makes a team great is more valuable than a great player. Losing yourself in the group, for the good of the group, thatís teamwork."

-John Wooden

I understand where your going with this but again I just don't see any reason to connect being angry at Andrew Card for "thinking" first about UBL. I mean you can be mad at the others for steering things in that direction but why be mad at Card for just thinking what anybody who knew anything about terrorism in the 90's thought on that day?
    Probably because Card saying something like that just confirms how willing and eager the Bush administration was to start a war in Iraq on false intelligence. Like UBL having some sort of connection to saddam. Not only that, but those kind of ideas are also revealing at just how cozy the NeoCons were to padding the coffers of their defense contractor buddies with our tax dollars!
    You can't get champagne from a garden hose.

24. The Following User Says Thank You to graphic-er For This Useful Post:

Very nice 2 part season finale to "The Newsroom" just finished. Thats a really good show. I like that the season ended on good vibes, and really returned to the quirkiness that made the first season so fun. This entire 2nd season has been very serious, almost tedious to watch. Still had its moments, but just very grounded in tone.
    You can't get champagne from a garden hose.

Quote Originally Posted by graphic-er View Post
    Probably because Card saying something like that just confirms how willing and eager the Bush administration was to start a war in Iraq on false intelligence. Like UBL having some sort of connection to saddam. Not only that, but those kind of ideas are also revealing at just how cozy the NeoCons were to padding the coffers of their defense contractor buddies with our tax dollars!
    How in the name of God do you go from "my first thought was of UBL" to confirming the willingness and eagerness to start a war in Iraq? If you want to make the argument that they wanted to go to war in Iraq fine, but one has nothing to do with the other in the context of the quote from this TV show. At no point in time did Andrew Card ever mention Iraq.

Very nice 2 part season finale to "The Newsroom" just finished. Thats a really good show. I like that the season ended on good vibes, and really returned to the quirkiness that made the first season so fun. This entire 2nd season has been very serious, almost tedious to watch. Still had its moments, but just very grounded in tone.
    I really liked season 2 as a whole, however to be honest tonight felt like a really good place to end this. Almost all story lines are wrapped up and they could go out with a good feeling.

Has there ever been a more brutal (in a good way) episode of Breaking Bad, at least on an emotional level? Wow.

Spoiler Spoiler:

28. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Hicks For This Useful Post:

Jesus. I need to change my username.

30. The Following User Says Thank You to Heisenberg For This Useful Post: