Page 156 of 184 FirstFirst ... 56106146152153154155156157158159160166 ... LastLast
Results 3,876 to 3,900 of 4591

Thread: What TV Show Did You Last Watch

Default Re: What TV Show Did You Last Watch

Dexter... The leaked ending? Is this accurate? Sure seems so. And the mentioning of Harrison's cut opening would've happened BEFORE tonight's episode aired. OTOH, there's a picture showing
    Spoiler Spoiler:
    . The spoiler below doesn't really explain that but it could've been a scene shot as a smokescreen to the real ending or not actually from the final show.
    Spoiler Spoiler:

Potential series finale leak below. You have been warned.... Honestly the show has gotten so comically written that it didn't bother me in the least to read this. And hey... maybe it's not the real ending. But it sure seems just about right with how the show has been written. IOW if it's a fan fic it fits perfectly into the Dexter world.
    Final warning... Series ending potential spoiler below...
    Spoiler Spoiler:
    Nuntius was right. I was wrong. Frank Vogel has retained his job.

------

"A player who makes a team great is more valuable than a great player. Losing yourself in the group, for the good of the group, thatís teamwork."

-John Wooden

The writing and acting have really fleshed out Hank as the show as went along. You feel for him and can see that while he's flawed, he's also an honest man who loves his wife and wants to do the right thing... although Walt has pushed him to the edge.

------

"A player who makes a team great is more valuable than a great player. Losing yourself in the group, for the good of the group, thatís teamwork."

-John Wooden

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Bball For This Useful Post:

You Did It Joseph!!!! AesopRockOn's Avatar
    Mood

Not to say I'm totally flipping on Breaking Bad, but that just felt like fan fiction.

I'm kind of shocked at how cute the show has become the last two episodes. The journey is always greater than the destination, but damn...

Quote Originally Posted by Bball View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Dexter... The leaked ending? Is this accurate? Sure seems so. And the mentioning of Harrison's cut opening would've happened BEFORE tonight's episode aired. OTOH, there's a picture showing
    Spoiler Spoiler:
    . The spoiler below doesn't really explain that but it could've been a scene shot as a smokescreen to the real ending or not actually from the final show.
    Spoiler Spoiler:

Potential series finale leak below. You have been warned.... Honestly the show has gotten so comically written that it didn't bother me in the least to read this. And hey... maybe it's not the real ending. But it sure seems just about right with how the show has been written. IOW if it's a fan fic it fits perfectly into the Dexter world.
    Final warning... Series ending potential spoiler below...
    Spoiler Spoiler:
    Where did you find this?

Basketball isn't played with computers, spreadsheets, and simulations. ChicagoJ 4/21/13

Quote Originally Posted by Peck View Post
    Where did you find this?
    https://worldnewsviews.com/2013/09/0...-true-we-riot/

------

-John Wooden

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Bball For This Useful Post:

future dragon trainer Heisenberg's Avatar

Sports Logo

Dexter's become the most "why the hell did this get so many seasons?" show in history. Just go absolutely insane for the finale, have Doakes come back as a 25 foot tall cyborg and just kill everybody or something.

9. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Heisenberg For This Useful Post:

Starting with the scene with Walt driving and talking to Jesse until the last scene, that was BB at its best. It wasn't predictible to me because it was too real and visceral. That is what makes this show great

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Unclebuck For This Useful Post:

Mood

I don't need everything to be super unpredictable or innovative, I just want it to be well executed, and I thought they did a good job with it. I was uncomfortable for the last several minutes of the episode; I think they knew how predictable this beat was and that they intentionally drew it out to keep twisting the knife in my stomach.

Quote Originally Posted by Hicks View Post
    I don't need everything to be super unpredictable or innovative, I just want it to be well executed, and I thought they did a good job with it. I was uncomfortable for the last several minutes of the episode; I think they knew how predictable this beat was and that they intentionally drew it out to keep twisting the knife in my stomach.
    I agree. It was all well done. Sometimes predictable is fine... not everything has a twist...

------

-John Wooden

Mood

Quote Originally Posted by Unclebuck View Post
    Starting with the scene with Walt driving and talking to Jesse until the last scene, that was BB at its best. It wasn't predictible to me because it was too real and visceral. That is what makes this show great
    Yeah, I think this is the scene that bothered me the most. Not that it happened, but the way it happened.

Spoiler Spoiler:

I do think the internet Breaking Bad community has pretty much gone full group think. I was part of it too, until the last couple. It's also possible that the Neo-Nazis in season 5 of Breaking Bad = McNulty's serial killer plot in season 5 of the Wire.

Mood

Quote Originally Posted by AesopRockOn View Post
    I do think the internet Breaking Bad community has pretty much gone full group think.
    What does that mean?

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

I do think the internet Breaking Bad community has pretty much gone full group think. I was part of it too, until the last couple. It's also possible that the Neo-Nazis in season 5 of Breaking Bad = McNulty's serial killer plot in season 5 of the Wire.
    I read that as: I'm going to pick it apart to separate myself from this perceived "group think."

Mood

Quote Originally Posted by cdash View Post
    I read that as: I'm going to pick it apart to separate myself from this perceived "group think."
    That's one interpretation though I'd chill on assigning other people their motives.

Quote Originally Posted by Hicks View Post
    What does that mean?
    I don't think there's been an internet sensation like current Breaking Bad. The show seems to be above criticism. And not like every critique or question gets slapped away or something like that. BB fans are so high in the sky on the show that any negativity cannot be lobbed high enough to reach them. It's all positivity. Every show, even the shows that are extremely well liked and cause internet frenzies, gets criticized. Thrones has the book readers, Walking Dead has people who care about writing, Girls has men.

I just don't see anything even remotely negative of any significance about the show online. (If you want to hear some good criticisms of the recent episode, try the BB podcast with David Chen and Joanna Robinson.) It's really interesting, but also frustrating if you aren't a complete stan for it. I do think it will stop once the show is over. Fans will realize that the character development stopped and that the trigger PoV shots are kind of silly and that the writers continue to cherry-pick between actual characters and narrative cyphers. But for now, the internet has taken the show and ran with it, right off the cliff, and into the clouds. Interesting, but completely out of character. Like that phone call with Walt.

That's one interpretation though I'd chill on assigning other people their motives.
    As you said, it was just my interpretation. Being as such, I wasn't "assigning motives." Simply my opinion based on your opinion of the show.

I don't understand why there is a need to pick any show apart. I don't get into the weeds and nitpik every or any little thing. I loved the most recent episode of Breaking Bad and I don't need the internet to set me straight on why it wasn't a perfect episode. I don't care, I was riveted to what I was watching.

20. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Unclebuck For This Useful Post:

International Counter bellisimo's Avatar

Latest Episode of Boardwalk Empire - good to have Nucky back in my life.

Mood

I don't understand why there is a need to pick any show apart. I don't get into the weeds and nitpik every or any little thing. I loved the most recent episode of Breaking Bad and I don't need the internet to set me straight on why it wasn't a perfect episode. I don't care, I was riveted to what I was watching.
    Exactly. If the flaws don't happen to bother me, I'm not going to complain about them, or hunt for them, or hope that somebody brings them to my attention.

I do complain and I do criticize if I truly feel that way about something, but when I'm mostly liking or loving what I'm watching, I'm happy just enjoying it and expressing the positive.

In the spirit of sharing positive energy about something, it's nice that so much of the Internet likes BB as much as I do (certainly not everybody, by the way; I see and hear complaints in different places online), but at the end of the day that's secondary. I have my own personal feelings about the show, and I'm not here to be swayed either way by other people.

I came onto the show a little late, watching the first two seasons on home video and the third season on on-demand video after it already aired, and I have rarely, or actually possibly never as I keep thinking about it, been let down by the show. This show is almost unique to me in that I feel like there were no bad episodes, each ranging from okay to outstanding.

For me it's a pretty special show that way because pretty much any other show that I like or love has at least a couple bad episodes in it's run, not to mention 'below average' episodes.

Really the only other show I feel like this about right now is Game of Thrones.

In both cases, I feel like the episodes always range from something like a 7/10 to a 10/10, with an average approximately 8.X/10.

Obviously there are going to be others who feel differently, I'm just saying that for me those two shows are special and rare and a really good time for me.

23. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Hicks For This Useful Post:

Anyone watch Suits ? It was pretty awesome, but Harvey's character doesn't seem to grow, you would think he would stop being such a douche to his close friends. Also I enjoy how all the plot is solved by exchanging folders.

Mood

anyone read about the new show that will be on AMC? "Better call Saul" it will be the prequel to breaking bad. I love Saul in breaking bad so I will be tuning in for sure.

http://tv.yahoo.com/blogs/tv-news/th...220639774.html

Quote Originally Posted by pacer4ever View Post
    anyone read about the new show that will be on AMC? "Better call Saul" it will be the prequel to breaking bad. I love Saul in breaking bad so I will be tuning in for sure.

My only question, how involved will Vince Gilligan Breaking Bad creator and showrunner be.

Quote Originally Posted by pacer4ever View Post

I'm sure I'll give it a chance but to be honest I just don't see it working. I consider Saul comic relief so I just don't know how they are going to go with this show. But like I said I'll give it a chance.

Basketball isn't played with computers, spreadsheets, and simulations. ChicagoJ 4/21/13

I don't think there's been an internet sensation like current Breaking Bad. The show seems to be above criticism. And not like every critique or question gets slapped away or something like that. BB fans are so high in the sky on the show that any negativity cannot be lobbed high enough to reach them. It's all positivity. Every show, even the shows that are extremely well liked and cause internet frenzies, gets criticized. Thrones has the book readers, Walking Dead has people who care about writing, Girls has men.

I just don't see anything even remotely negative of any significance about the show online. (If you want to hear some good criticisms of the recent episode, try the BB podcast with David Chen and Joanna Robinson.) It's really interesting, but also frustrating if you aren't a complete stan for it. I do think it will stop once the show is over. Fans will realize that the character development stopped and that the trigger PoV shots are kind of silly and that the writers continue to cherry-pick between actual characters and narrative cyphers. But for now, the internet has taken the show and ran with it, right off the cliff, and into the clouds. Interesting, but completely out of character. Like that phone call with Walt.
    Honestly the exact same thing on the opposite end of the spectrum is happening with Dexter.

29. The Following User Says Thank You to Peck For This Useful Post:

future dragon trainer Heisenberg's Avatar

Sports Logo

My only question, how involved will Vince Gilligan Breaking Bad creator and showrunner be.
    not very. he talked about it in an interview/podcast somewhere and said Saul's character is basically one of the writers creations and that he's, in not so many words, only attached to make the show happen. I'll give it a shot but I honestly don't expect it to be very good.

31. The Following User Says Thank You to Heisenberg For This Useful Post:

Mood

Same here. I'll probably check it out, but I have low expectations.

Mood

Quote Originally Posted by cdash View Post
    As you said, it was just my interpretation. Being as such, I wasn't "assigning motives." Simply my opinion based on your opinion of the show.
    I guess I misinterpreted your comment to say that you thought that I was posting what I was posting to sound different and came off as intentionally contrarian instead of just sounding different because I have different thoughts on the show at the moment. It's cool.

So is picking a show apart different from analysis or critique? (FWIW, this thread and others on PD have featured tons of in depth discussions on non-traditional art.) Not sure if you mean that, because we're all watching a TV show, that means we shouldn't hold it up to the same microscope (both positively and negatively) as any other form of art. Or if you are just politely telling comments like mine to f off. In which case, carry on.

Btw, Hicks' position is perfectly clear, valid and I would never try to adjust his or anyone else's thoughts on it, at least without permission of discussion.
    Last edited by AesopRockOn; 09-12-2013 at 10:45 PM.