Page 154 of 185 FirstFirst ... 54104144150151152153154155156157158164 ... LastLast
Results 3,826 to 3,850 of 4606

Thread: What TV Show Did You Last Watch

Default Re: What TV Show Did You Last Watch

Quote Originally Posted by immortality View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Dexter is so dumb now, please just release all 3 episodes so I can just see the ending.
    I'm right there with you. Other than just wanting to know how it all ends this show has been in shark jump territory since season 5 and I think this might be the worst season yet. I'm surprised the actors can recite their lines with a straight face at this point.
    Nuntius was right. I was wrong. Frank Vogel has retained his job.

------

"A player who makes a team great is more valuable than a great player. Losing yourself in the group, for the good of the group, thatís teamwork."

-John Wooden

Quote Originally Posted by Bball View Post
    I'm right there with you. Other than just wanting to know how it all ends this show has been in shark jump territory since season 5 and I think this might be the worst season yet. I'm surprised the actors can recite their lines with a straight face at this point.
    The last season I enjoyed was the Trinity killer. I tried watching the season with Lumen, but was bored the entire season. I haven't watched since and I'm not sure I care to spend my time doing so. It just felt like they were going through the paces rather than having interesting story lines
    Don't ask Marvin Harrison what he did during the bye week. "Batman never told where the Bat Cave is," he explained.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Suaveness For This Useful Post:

With Dexter I'm reminded of the old soap opera that sent a couple of kids upstairs to bed and then never mentioned them again. Ummmm so what happened to Dexter's step kids? I know they went to live with their grandparents but Dexter remained in their lives for a couple of seasons anyway. But have they been mentioned this season? Dexter is making life changing plans and have they been mentioned at all? Has Deb mentioned them?

------

"A player who makes a team great is more valuable than a great player. Losing yourself in the group, for the good of the group, thatís teamwork."

-John Wooden

With Dexter I'm reminded of the old soap opera that sent a couple of kids upstairs to bed and then never mentioned them again. Ummmm so what happened to Dexter's step kids? I know they went to live with their grandparents but Dexter remained in their lives for a couple of seasons anyway. But have they been mentioned this season? Dexter is making life changing plans and have they been mentioned at all? Has Deb mentioned them?
    Seriously, lets leave the states with Harrison and live happily ever after line was so lame. So much disappointment. Ever since the Trinity killer the kids have been a fail plot point

The problem with the Trinity killer season was that it was so good that there was virtually no way to top it or frankly even come close.

I wonder how much some of your guys disappointment is from the actual series or the comparison to season 4? Don't get me wrong the past couple of seasons have not been strong (to say the least) but I wonder if it's really as bad as some of you are making it out to be or if the problem is that you are comparing it against virtual perfection (which season 4 almost certainly was).

I actually thought tonight's episode was not bad and actually might be a good set up to whatever ending they are planning.

Can we all agree on one thing though, no matter how they end it someone is going to be unhappy. I mean if we get a happy ever after ending some of you guys will go ape crap and if Dexter gets killed others won't be happy. If he gets caught others won't be happy.

I've often wondered if shows that don't have an ending episode don't have better memory's in hindsight because there was no closure so people made up their own endings. Now mind you I hate it when that happens but just look at the Soprano's and you will see how most people hated that ending.

I think the writers have actually done a good job of not tipping their hand yet as to the ending. This could still go several different ways.

Basketball isn't played with computers, spreadsheets, and simulations. ChicagoJ 4/21/13

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Peck For This Useful Post:

OK, I just finished, over the past three days, season #4 of Dexter - the Trinity Killer. Great season for sure. I wonder if I should just stop and not watch any of the seasons after.
    Last edited by Unclebuck; 08-26-2013 at 10:42 AM.

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by Suaveness View Post
    The last season I enjoyed was the Trinity killer. I tried watching the season with Lumen, but was bored the entire season. I haven't watched since and I'm not sure I care to spend my time doing so. It just felt like they were going through the paces rather than having interesting story lines
    Yep, I was just getting ready to say that I think the show hit its peak in Season 4. That was a hard storyline to top.

Quote Originally Posted by Sollozzo View Post
    Yep, I was just getting ready to say that I think the show hit its peak in Season 4. That was a hard storyline to top.
    It was a great story line, but the seasons afterwards have had no new.innovative story line and have had huge plot holes. They also basically just ret conned season five.

Quote Originally Posted by Unclebuck View Post
    OK, I just finished, over the past three days, season #4 of Dexter - the Trinity Killer. Great season for sure. I wonder if I should just stop and not watch any of the seasons after.

That's the series ender. 5-8 don't exist. Just tell yourself that. In a month ask what we think ever happened to Dexter.

Knowing what I know now I would've not watched following season 4. There was always hope they'd get back on track but the show fundamentally changes after season 4 and simply lost it's way. The writing went downhill. The vision apparently was lost. There were some decent characters introduced but they were misused. There were also some characters introduced that turned out to be a waste of time. The writers made Dexter less interesting as time went on IMHO. They've completely taken the dark edges off of him. Gone are the days when a crime scene would fascinate and excite him. I can't remember the last time he's talked about his dark passenger. Any inner conflict seems to be resolved within the episode. External conflicts too. They also began just writing in characters for misdirection rather than just writing solid plot twists you couldn't see coming.

They didn't have to top season 4 to still be good but instead they lost all the elements that had led to season 4 being so good. They start season 5 with a time jump. Pretty sure Dexter was out in the bay on water skis looking for a shark to jump during that missing time.

------

-John Wooden

12. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Bball For This Useful Post:

So can someone explain what happened to Jesse at the end of breaking bad episode? What made him have his epiphany, I kind of got lost while he was screaming.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to immortality For This Useful Post:

I also recently watched season #2 of Justified. I really did not like season #1 - I mean it was OK and better than most other shows, but it wasn't good enough for me to continue watching. But I heard that seasons 2 was much better plus Graham Yost who is the showrunner is really good, so I figured the show would get better.

Season 2 was really good.

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

That's the series ender. 5-8 don't exist. Just tell yourself that. In a month ask what we think ever happened to Dexter.

Knowing what I know now I would've not watched following season 4. There was always hope they'd get back on track but the show fundamentally changes after season 4 and simply lost it's way. The writing went downhill. The vision apparently was lost. There were some decent characters introduced but they were misused. There were also some characters introduced that turned out to be a waste of time. The writers made Dexter less interesting as time went on IMHO. They've completely taken the dark edges off of him. Gone are the days when a crime scene would fascinate and excite him. I can't remember the last time he's talked about his dark passenger. Any inner conflict seems to be resolved within the episode. External conflicts too. They also began just writing in characters for misdirection rather than just writing solid plot twists you couldn't see coming.

They didn't have to top season 4 to still be good but instead they lost all the elements that had led to season 4 being so good. They start season 5 with a time jump. Pretty sure Dexter was out in the bay on water skis looking for a shark to jump during that missing time.
    I agree.

I think the bottom line is just really hard to keep any series at a high level for beyond five or so years. Even Seinfeld got a bit silly in its last two seasons. The last two seasons don't even touch the quality of the previous seven.

How many times can you write a season in which Dexter enjoys killing people while he chases down a villain who almost kills him first? How many close calls can you write before it gets old and predictable? This was a great series when the plots were fresh, but at some point it just becomes a bit predictable.

17. The Following User Says Thank You to Sollozzo For This Useful Post:

I bet if we did a little research we would find that a few of the really good writers left the show after the 4th season. Usually there are changes behind the scenes that changes the quality of a show

Quote Originally Posted by immortality View Post
    So can someone explain what happened to Jesse at the end of breaking bad episode? What made him have his epiphany, I kind of got lost while he was screaming.
    I missed it, too, but after watching the aftershow (Talking Bad) I caught up.

Spoiler Spoiler:

Honestly though, I'm still going to have to think this through more and hear more of an explanation by the showrunners and other fans who pick the episodes apart because right now there's still some disconnect to me, and it's preventing me from emotionally reacting to this moment, which apparently was knocking the socks off of everyone who bought it or got it immediately.

In the meantime, the part I did get and had an emotional reaction to was what happened earlier in the episode:

Spoiler Spoiler:

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by Hicks View Post

Spoiler Spoiler:

Honestly though, I'm still going to have to think this through more and hear more of an explanation by the showrunners and other fans who pick the episodes apart because right now there's still some disconnect to me, and it's preventing me from emotionally reacting to this moment, which apparently was knocking the socks off of everyone who bought it or got it immediately.

In the meantime, the part I did get and had an emotional reaction to was what happened earlier in the episode:

Spoiler Spoiler:
    Spoiler Spoiler:

This was just a fantastic episode and the video was some of the best of the entire series. It just shows what Walt is willing to do.

Quote Originally Posted by Hicks View Post

Keep in mind Saul confirmed it when confronted. So that took it from the realm of circumstantial evidence into a confirmed point...

------

-John Wooden

22. The Following User Says Thank You to Bball For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Sollozzo View Post
    I agree.

I think the bottom line is just really hard to keep any series at a high level for beyond five or so years. Even Seinfeld got a bit silly in its last two seasons. The last two seasons don't even touch the quality of the previous seven.

How many times can you write a season in which Dexter enjoys killing people while he chases down a villain who almost kills him first? How many close calls can you write before it gets old and predictable? This was a great series when the plots were fresh, but at some point it just becomes a bit predictable.
    Honestly, it's like they ran from Season 4. Instead of mining the goldmine of how the end of Season 4 would weigh on Dexter, change him, not change him, the potential ties that would potentially unravel his secrecy, etc..... they time jumped right past all of that. And that made him finding a new love interest very weird. Maybe if we'd seen the time play out we could understand that better.

And speaking of that.... During season 5's creation did they know there would be a season 6 yet? I'm wondering if the 'killer girlfriend' was part of the endgame scenario they've had for a while?
    Spoiler Spoiler:

------

-John Wooden

Does anyone even watch newsroom anymore?

I thought the entire Genoa story line was actually very well done with the exception of the very contrived and forced ending. Honestly the poor and over acting by Jane Fonda & Sam Waterston was embarrassing to watch. Other than that though I liked the build up to the story just fine.

This season actually IMO has been a little better than last, I know we are going to get a big dose of Maggie coming up in the near future but overall I am beyond thrilled that they have at least for now moved on past Maggie & Jim. Actually other than the episode that featured her she has really been a very minor role so far, which IMO the way it should be.

Basketball isn't played with computers, spreadsheets, and simulations. ChicagoJ 4/21/13

You Did It Joseph!!!! AesopRockOn's Avatar
    Mood

The only negative thing I'll say about this season of BB so far (as the show continues to demonstrate that it keeps getting better) is that, and I hope I'm wrong, the plotting with Todd and the Neo-Nazis is coming off as both sloppy and obvious. This past episode was very good, though it felt a little like an homage to itself, but if Todd and the gang are up to what it seems like they're up to from a plot standpoint, I might get disappointed real quick.

Quote Originally Posted by Peck View Post

I thought the entire Genoa story line was actually very well done with the exception of the very contrived and forced ending. Honestly the poor and over acting by Jane Fonda & Sam Waterston was embarrassing to watch. Other than that though I liked the build up to the story just fine.

This season actually IMO has been a little better than last, I know we are going to get a big dose of Maggie coming up in the near future but overall I am beyond thrilled that they have at least for now moved on past Maggie & Jim. Actually other than the episode that featured her she has really been a very minor role so far, which IMO the way it should be.
    Interesting that you should ask. let me first say I am generally a big fan of Aaron Sorkin. I watched each episode in season #1, thought it was OK. But always felt like I had to struggle through boredom to get to a few minutes of good stuff each episode. So I recorded episode #1 season #2. I started watching it and after a few minutes I said I can't watch this any more, deleted the episode and have not watched since.

Quote Originally Posted by Unclebuck View Post
    I also recently watched season #2 of Justified. I really did not like season #1 - I mean it was OK and better than most other shows, but it wasn't good enough for me to continue watching. But I heard that seasons 2 was much better plus Graham Yost who is the showrunner is really good, so I figured the show would get better.

Season 2 was really good.
    And I think Season 3 is even better, honestly. I totally agree. I did not like Season 1. It was very average. But now, I can honestly say it's one of my favorite shows on TV. It's basically writing porn, and all the actors deliver beautifully.

Love The Newsroom. Slow start to the season but it's become terrific TV as it has hit its stride. Couldn't disagree more about Fonda; she was the best part of the last episode. I like the little, subtle twists & turns in this season. It's trying something different, and I respect that. Not sticking to the same formula as season 1.

The problem with the Trinity killer season was that it was so good that there was virtually no way to top it or frankly even come close.

I wonder how much some of your guys disappointment is from the actual series or the comparison to season 4? Don't get me wrong the past couple of seasons have not been strong (to say the least) but I wonder if it's really as bad as some of you are making it out to be or if the problem is that you are comparing it against virtual perfection (which season 4 almost certainly was).

I actually thought tonight's episode was not bad and actually might be a good set up to whatever ending they are planning.

Can we all agree on one thing though, no matter how they end it someone is going to be unhappy. I mean if we get a happy ever after ending some of you guys will go ape crap and if Dexter gets killed others won't be happy. If he gets caught others won't be happy.

I've often wondered if shows that don't have an ending episode don't have better memory's in hindsight because there was no closure so people made up their own endings. Now mind you I hate it when that happens but just look at the Soprano's and you will see how most people hated that ending.

I think the writers have actually done a good job of not tipping their hand yet as to the ending. This could still go several different ways.
    Disagree with a lot of this. There just isn't any excuse for lazy plotting and bad writing. Dexter has some of the flimsiest characters on TV, who are given way too much screentime in meaningless subplots, and the writing in the show has become laughably bad starting in season 5 and getting worse since. You just can't excuse the myriad of plot holes, deus ex machina season finales, and the general every-season-is-the-same formula of the show. They had a great idea executed to perfection in season 1, which faltered a bit but still had promise in season 2, dipped horribly in season 3, rebounded strongly in season 4, and...well...

It's not people complaining to complain. It's just bad TV.

I stopped watching. I was as big a Dexter fan as there was circa 2007-2009 or so, but I quit a few episodes ago when it was clear I would be better served just reading how it ends instead of watching it drag out to its slow, horrible death.

30. The Following User Says Thank You to Dr. Hibbert For This Useful Post:

Random Breaking Bad thought...
    Spoiler Spoiler:

------

-John Wooden

can't wait to see this v Heisenberg's Avatar

Sports Logo

Random Breaking Bad thought...
    Spoiler Spoiler:
    Spoiler Spoiler: