Page 151 of 185 FirstFirst ... 51101141147148149150151152153154155161 ... LastLast
Results 3,751 to 3,775 of 4606

Thread: What TV Show Did You Last Watch

Default Re: What TV Show Did You Last Watch

BTW... Does anyone agree/disagree with me that this final season of Dexter is actually just not good at all? If you'd take this season as a standalone season I'd rank it pretty bad right now. Probably the worse season of Dexter I've seen. And that is saying something after season 5....
    Nuntius was right. I was wrong. Frank Vogel has retained his job.

------

"A player who makes a team great is more valuable than a great player. Losing yourself in the group, for the good of the group, thatís teamwork."

-John Wooden

My theory on the end of Breaking Bad:

Spoiler Spoiler:

Or not.

3. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Hicks For This Useful Post:

Walt goes into Witness Protection.... Malcolm in the Middle begins...

------

"A player who makes a team great is more valuable than a great player. Losing yourself in the group, for the good of the group, thatís teamwork."

-John Wooden

5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Bball For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Hicks View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote

Spoiler Spoiler:

Or not.

That sounds good, although doesn't sound like the way this show is going to end.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Unclebuck For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Unclebuck View Post
    That sounds good, although doesn't sound like the way this show is going to end.
    What do you mean? Is there any specific part of it you don't think is plausible?

What do you mean? Is there any specific part of it you don't think is plausible?

I'd say the the thing that is wrong with it is how well the show has been about being unpredictable even in predictable situations... yet maintaining plausibility.
    So IOW... I always figure the writers will do it again and surprise us... But your suggestion seems plausible to me...

------

-John Wooden

No, I think it is very plausible, (maybe too plausable) I just expect a little more of a less straight forward ending. But then I am terrible at predicting what is going to happen, and I am expecting the show to be very good until the last second, I am not expecting some mind blowing conclusion. What typically happens is a lot of fans of a show like this are never happy with the ending.

I still love Seinfeld even though the last episode was awful.

I still love Seinfeld even though the last episode was awful.
    I thought you were going to say you loved Seinfeld's last episode...

------

-John Wooden

Banned

Yeah I don't see that happening.

Spoiler Spoiler:

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Hibbert View Post
    IMO, Weeds started nosediving in season 3. It became too ridiculous, and then they decided they had to change settings -- OK -- but in doing so, they both made it more ridiculous and less interesting. Those almost seem like they should be conflicting ideas.
    Yeah I was so excited about the show on the first few seasons that I tried to give it a chance for about 3 seasons, really dissapointed.

Spoiler Spoiler:

You Did It Joseph!!!! AesopRockOn's Avatar
    Mood

Wonder what show Vince Gilligan is going to do next. He can pretty much write his own ticket and do almost any show he wants.
    ATC pretty much answered your question, but I think it is important to note that what you were saying about The Wire's ratings have been pretty much the case for BB as well. Its ratings have always been low, lower than Mad Men's. One of the reasons besides terrible management for AMC screwing Gilligan and Co. over on the money was because of the lack of viewership. That being said, this Sunday's premiere debuted to more than twice the audience of the previous season's premiere. What I'm saying is that as much street cred as VG may have, he doesn't have nearly the corporate cred; he's not Chuck Lorre or something.

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Hibbert View Post
    IMO, Weeds started nosediving in season 3. It became too ridiculous, and then they decided they had to change settings -- OK -- but in doing so, they both made it more ridiculous and less interesting. Those almost seem like they should be conflicting ideas.
    Hmm. I've been watching Weeds ever since being so taken with OitNB and am starting the third season. I would say that the first was totally shaky with the second being a bit better. The main problem with the show is that it wants to have both serious, emotional scenes and cartoonishly funny scenes, but cannot really pull off that kind of tonal shift. My understanding was that the show lost its mojo about halfway through, but if it's more like a quarter-way through, I might consider dropping out early.

You Did It Joseph!!!! AesopRockOn's Avatar
    Mood

Spoiler Spoiler:

Or not.
    Spoiler Spoiler:

Quote Originally Posted by AesopRockOn View Post
    ATC pretty much answered your question, but I think it is important to note that what you were saying about The Wire's ratings have been pretty much the case for BB as well. Its ratings have always been low, lower than Mad Men's. One of the reasons besides terrible management for AMC screwing Gilligan and Co. over on the money was because of the lack of viewership. That being said, this Sunday's premiere debuted to more than twice the audience of the previous season's premiere. What I'm saying is that as much street cred as VG may have, he doesn't have nearly the corporate cred; he's not Chuck Lorre or something.

I was not suggesting he would move over to network TV and get a million dollars an episode deal to create three new shows over the next 4 years. Rather I was thinking more along the lines that if he wanted to do a particular show that maybe doesn't have huge commercial appeal, AMC or another cable outlet would give him a lot of rope to create what he wanted.

I read I think a few days back that he wanted to do a movie

I was not suggesting he would move over to network TV and get a million dollars an episode deal to create three new shows over the next 4 years. Rather I was thinking more along the lines that if he wanted to do a particular show that maybe doesn't have huge commercial appeal, AMC or another cable outlet would give him a lot of rope to create what he wanted.

I read I think a few days back that he wanted to do a movie
    I'm not too worried. Hell, look at Sundance Channel. They're practically funding series like Top of the Lake and Rectify (both of which I thought were pretty good) themselves just to get in the awards race. With a name like VG, networks know they have potential to win awards every year, so they're going to take that added risk.

I'd love to see a VG series on Netflix, personally. Jenji Kohan (Weeds) went this route with Orange is the New Black, Eli Roth (kinda) with Hemlock Grove, David Fincher (even more kinda) with House of Cards. I could see VG created some quirky, dark series on Netflix that would be a big hit.

If the Saul spinoff happens, Vince won't run it himself after it gets going; he said recently that he'd just help to set it up so another guy could run it. One of the BB writers; whomever wrote the episode that first brought us Saul in S2.

I watched a few minutes of Porter Ridge since it's shot here in Indiana (Owen county). Can the state of Indiana sue to have them never say it's in Indiana? Can I sue to get that 10 mins of my life back? It was so bad it was almost like it was a sitcom parodying reality tv shows of this type... Or an SNL skit...

It's shows like this that will kill the reality tv genre once and for all.

------

-John Wooden

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by Bball View Post
    I watched a few minutes of Porter Ridge since it's shot here in Indiana (Owen county). Can the state of Indiana sue to have them never say it's in Indiana? Can I sue to get that 10 mins of my life back? It was so bad it was almost like it was a sitcom parodying reality tv shows of this type... Or an SNL skit...

It's shows like this that will kill the reality tv genre once and for all.
    I sure hope reality TV goes away.....these shows have been old for a decade
    David "And One" West

21. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Pacergeek For This Useful Post:

Banned

Started watching Hell on wheels yesterday, first episode seems Ok, still not buying that the 5 feet tall Common is some kind of former slave badass too soft for my liking.

Nerd.
    Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by vnzla81 View Post
    Started watching Hell on wheels yesterday, first episode seems Ok, still not buying that the 5 feet tall Common is some kind of former slave badass too soft for my liking.
    I do believe Common is 6 feet tall exactly. He isn't exactly tiny.

Nerd.
    Mood

And what's really sad is it is on Discovery. Many channels have fallen due to reality tv - Discovery, Learning Channel, etc.

25. The Following User Says Thank You to Stryder For This Useful Post:

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Stryder View Post
    I do believe Common is 6 feet tall exactly. He isn't exactly tiny.
    I'm not sure he is 6 feet tall, I was watching celebrity basketball few years ago and he looks small, he is no Nelly small but he was really small and skinny, either way I don't like him much on hell on wheels.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Stryder View Post
    And what's really sad is it is on Discovery. Many channels have fallen due to reality tv - Discovery, Learning Channel, etc.
    Yeah right now is hard to watch anything that is real, I'm getting to a point were as soon as I can smell the bs on the show I turned it off, for example I was a huge fan of "call of the wildman" but then they started to create more drama and more screaming so I ended up not watching that show anymore, same thing with "hell pawnshop" and many other shows.

You know it's gotten bad when they create fake drama to try and make Amish kids and guys with four wives interesting. Cooking shows, house hunting, what to wear, what not to wear, repo wars............ and what is a Honey Boo Boo? Make it stop!!!! TV is at an all time low right now except for some of the long running cable drama series.

29. The Following User Says Thank You to presto123 For This Useful Post:

Ink Master

I love a good tattoo show

Quote Originally Posted by vnzla81 View Post
    I can't do Hell on Wheels. Nothing against the series itself. I'm sure it's great. But any western TV series after Deadwood just feels so...lacking.

32. The Following User Says Thank You to Dr. Hibbert For This Useful Post: