Page 144 of 179 FirstFirst ... 4494134140141142143144145146147148154 ... LastLast
Results 3,576 to 3,600 of 4466

Thread: What TV Show Did You Last Watch

  1. #3576
    DIET COKE! Trader Joe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Troll Hunting
    Age
    26
    Posts
    29,151

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: What TV Show Did You Last Watch

    Quote Originally Posted by graphic-er View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Something tells me Margaery is going to get hers pretty soon. Goffery will see through her soon enough, and Cercei will be the one planting the seed.
    Valar Morghulis

    “WE NEVER SURRENDER, WE NEVER GIVE UP, WE KEEP ATTACKING”- Frank Vogel
    momentarygodsblog.com https://twitter.com/momentarygods

  2. The Following User Says Thank You to Trader Joe For This Useful Post:


  3. #3577
    Member presto123's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Noblesville, IN.
    Posts
    2,317

    Default Re: What TV Show Did You Last Watch

    Quote Originally Posted by Unclebuck View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    The Killing. Not too sure why I like this show. But I do.
    Because it's a good show. I don't know why but the rain/gloominess of the Seattle area is a perfect backdrop for this kind of show.

  4. #3578

    Default Re: What TV Show Did You Last Watch

    Quote Originally Posted by Unclebuck View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    The Killing. Not too sure why I like this show. But I do.
    I really want to like The Killing, but I had to stop watching in series 1. The red herrings just got obnoxious. Way too many dumb cliffhangers for the sake of getting you to watch the next week, not for actually advancing the case/plot. And some of the characters were just horrible (in terms of substance, not character, though some fit both). Pretty much every member of Rosie's family was just a grating on-screen presence. Linden has one expression: constipation. Holder talks like Edgerrin James, so I understand roughly 1/3 of what he says.

    That said, I gave it under two episodes into season 2 before quitting. Red herrings just got to be too dumb.

    Thankfully, this new season stars Peter Saarsgard, who is awesome in everything. So I'm giving it a watch, and hoping having Rosie's family out of the picture will ease my harshness on the characters -- though ghetto lesbian girl isn't helping that much at the moment.

  5. #3579
    Thanks Kesty! Pig Nash's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    Indianapolis, IN
    Age
    25
    Posts
    6,478
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: What TV Show Did You Last Watch

    This is bugging me.

    Khaleesi

  6. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Pig Nash For This Useful Post:


  7. #3580
    CA Pacer Fan A-Train's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    Las Vegas
    Posts
    1,101

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: What TV Show Did You Last Watch

    Nurse Jackie!

  8. #3581
    future dragon trainer Heisenberg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    10,651

    Sports Logo

    Default Re: What TV Show Did You Last Watch

    Is she even a Khaleesi anymore? Aren't all her Dothraki dead?

  9. #3582
    Member Since86's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Muncie
    Posts
    19,887

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: What TV Show Did You Last Watch

    Once a Khaleesi, always a Khaleesi.

  10. #3583
    You Did It Joseph!!!! AesopRockOn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    honolulu
    Age
    25
    Posts
    7,490
    Mood

    Default Re: What TV Show Did You Last Watch

    She should still have two Dothraki blooriders along with most of the people she kept with her trudging through the Red Waste (aka season 2). That said, they made a point during that great bath scene in the last ep with thisonesnameisMissandeiyourgrace that D-Storm is losing touch with her Sun and Stars and the Dothraki culture in general.

    Quote Originally Posted by Pig Nash View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    This is bugging me.

    Khaleesi
    KHA-leesi, if you want to be a pronunciation Nazi.
    Last edited by AesopRockOn; 06-03-2013 at 05:05 PM.

  11. #3584
    Wasting Light Hicks's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Posts
    52,585
    Mood

    Default Re: What TV Show Did You Last Watch

    I'm still depressed. Seriously.

  12. #3585
    How are you here? Kegboy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Northside Bias
    Posts
    12,929

    Default Re: What TV Show Did You Last Watch

    Quote Originally Posted by Hicks View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I'm still depressed. Seriously.
    Grace just called and asked me what the big hubbub was, and knowing she'd never watch the show, I told her, and got choked up doing it. Even though I haven't read the third book yet, I knew what was coming, but it still floored me. I have a friend who hasn't watched yet and doesn't know what's coming, and I'm debating whether to warn him.
    Come to the Dark Side -- There's cookies!

  13. The Following User Says Thank You to Kegboy For This Useful Post:


  14. #3586
    Member presto123's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Noblesville, IN.
    Posts
    2,317

    Default Re: What TV Show Did You Last Watch

    Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Hibbert View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I really want to like The Killing, but I had to stop watching in series 1. The red herrings just got obnoxious. Way too many dumb cliffhangers for the sake of getting you to watch the next week, not for actually advancing the case/plot. And some of the characters were just horrible (in terms of substance, not character, though some fit both). Pretty much every member of Rosie's family was just a grating on-screen presence. Linden has one expression: constipation. Holder talks like Edgerrin James, so I understand roughly 1/3 of what he says.

    That said, I gave it under two episodes into season 2 before quitting. Red herrings just got to be too dumb.

    Thankfully, this new season stars Peter Saarsgard, who is awesome in everything. So I'm giving it a watch, and hoping having Rosie's family out of the picture will ease my harshness on the characters -- though ghetto lesbian girl isn't helping that much at the moment.
    While agree with a lot of what you say I still enjoy the show immensely. Like you said, I don't really think they made a wise casting choice with Holder, but I love the different format of the show. The fact that they would prolong a murder mystery like a mini series. Should have resolved it in one season though and I think they will learn their lesson from that in season 3.

  15. The Following User Says Thank You to presto123 For This Useful Post:


  16. #3587

    Default Re: What TV Show Did You Last Watch

    This was the only time where I actually threw my book against a wall. And this was not fun to re-watch. Just absolutely nuts. I was hiding under my blanket the entire time. It didn't help.
    Don't ask Marvin Harrison what he did during the bye week. "Batman never told where the Bat Cave is," he explained.

  17. #3588
    Wasting Light Hicks's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Posts
    52,585
    Mood

    Default Re: What TV Show Did You Last Watch

    Quote Originally Posted by Kegboy View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Grace just called and asked me what the big hubbub was, and knowing she'd never watch the show, I told her, and got choked up doing it. Even though I haven't read the third book yet, I knew what was coming, but it still floored me. I have a friend who hasn't watched yet and doesn't know what's coming, and I'm debating whether to warn him.
    Just let him experience it.

  18. #3589
    Wasting Light Hicks's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Posts
    52,585
    Mood

    Default Re: What TV Show Did You Last Watch

    Quote Originally Posted by Trader Joe View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Valar Morghulis
    Knowing what that term means, I wish you wouldn't do that. It tells me enough to kind of figure out what's coming.

  19. #3590
    Jimmy did what Jimmy did Bball's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    19,504

    Default Re: What TV Show Did You Last Watch

    I caught up with Breaking Bad over the weekend.
    O'Brien has been fired! Yay! What took so long?

    ------

    "A player who makes a team great is more valuable than a great player. Losing yourself in the group, for the good of the group, that’s teamwork."

    -John Wooden

  20. #3591
    You Did It Joseph!!!! AesopRockOn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    honolulu
    Age
    25
    Posts
    7,490
    Mood

    Default Re: What TV Show Did You Last Watch

    I really, really enjoyed Orphan Black. All ten episodes of the first season are on Amazon (probably iTunes too). The lead actress is phenomenal, the rest of the cast is strong too, they handle the mystery well without over or underplaying their hands, and there is a lot of good thematic material to go with the story. Not sure there's a better British show on other than Peep Show. Can't wait for more Sarah, Allison (that crazy, alcoholic broad), and Kasima.

  21. #3592
    Administrator Unclebuck's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    31,981

    Default Re: What TV Show Did You Last Watch

    Quote Originally Posted by presto123 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Because it's a good show. I don't know why but the rain/gloominess of the Seattle area is a perfect backdrop for this kind of show.
    I like the atmosphere of it, the tone, the look, the background music. I like that they take their time on the characters. But I could see if you are someone who watched a lot of network tv and you like your crimes solved within 43 minutes that it could be frustrating.

  22. The Following User Says Thank You to Unclebuck For This Useful Post:


  23. #3593
    DIET COKE! Trader Joe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Troll Hunting
    Age
    26
    Posts
    29,151

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: What TV Show Did You Last Watch

    Quote Originally Posted by Hicks View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Knowing what that term means, I wish you wouldn't do that. It tells me enough to kind of figure out what's coming.
    For all intents and purposes I am just as in the dark as you are now, I had only read up to the red wedding in the books. So I honestly have no idea, but I am just guessing based on everything we know so far. That phrase, the leech scene, etc.

    “WE NEVER SURRENDER, WE NEVER GIVE UP, WE KEEP ATTACKING”- Frank Vogel
    momentarygodsblog.com https://twitter.com/momentarygods

  24. The Following User Says Thank You to Trader Joe For This Useful Post:


  25. #3594
    DIET COKE! Trader Joe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Troll Hunting
    Age
    26
    Posts
    29,151

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: What TV Show Did You Last Watch

    Quote Originally Posted by Hicks View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Just let him experience it.
    Yeah it's such a painfully well written and now acted moment. The shock is only part of what gets you. It's the anguish too now. I don't know if anyone has ever seen George R.R. Martin's thoughts on this particular scene but he has long said it was the most painful thing he's ever written. Wrote the enitrety of book 3 before returning and writing that scene. When he was asked about what he would do when the episode came out, he said he guessed he would have to find a country that didn't have a TV as he did not wish to see it/experience it again.

    “WE NEVER SURRENDER, WE NEVER GIVE UP, WE KEEP ATTACKING”- Frank Vogel
    momentarygodsblog.com https://twitter.com/momentarygods

  26. #3595
    Member presto123's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Noblesville, IN.
    Posts
    2,317

    Default Re: What TV Show Did You Last Watch

    Quote Originally Posted by Unclebuck View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I like the atmosphere of it, the tone, the look, the background music. I like that they take their time on the characters. But I could see if you are someone who watched a lot of network tv and you like your crimes solved within 43 minutes that it could be frustrating.

    That's what I don't like about all the blah, cookie cutter network crime shows. TV is getting as bad as movies in copying/re-hashing everything else.

  27. #3596

    Default Re: What TV Show Did You Last Watch

    Quote Originally Posted by Unclebuck View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I like the atmosphere of it, the tone, the look, the background music. I like that they take their time on the characters. But I could see if you are someone who watched a lot of network tv and you like your crimes solved within 43 minutes that it could be frustrating.
    Related: Dexter is now as bad as any network crime TV.

    I don't dislike The Killing because of a long arc. I pretty much only like series with season or seasons-long arcs. I dislike it because it's cheaply built on red herrings, though I anticipate this season may be a bit different (thankfully).

  28. #3597

    Default Re: What TV Show Did You Last Watch

    Quote Originally Posted by AesopRockOn View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I really, really enjoyed Orphan Black. All ten episodes of the first season are on Amazon (probably iTunes too). The lead actress is phenomenal, the rest of the cast is strong too, they handle the mystery well without over or underplaying their hands, and there is a lot of good thematic material to go with the story. Not sure there's a better British show on other than Peep Show. Can't wait for more Sarah, Allison (that crazy, alcoholic broad), and Kasima.
    Other great, still-airing British series:

    Sherlock (returning 2014, I believe)

    Luther (returning late 2013, I believe)

    Black Mirror (essentially British Outer Limits, can be hit-or-miss but I really enjoyed Series 1 ... not sure when this returns)

    (I'm not a fan of Downton Abbey, but I guess that would go here.)

  29. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Dr. Hibbert For This Useful Post:


  30. #3598
    You Did It Joseph!!!! AesopRockOn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    honolulu
    Age
    25
    Posts
    7,490
    Mood

    Default Re: What TV Show Did You Last Watch

    Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Hibbert View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Other great, still-airing British series:

    Sherlock (returning 2014, I believe)

    Luther (returning late 2013, I believe)

    Black Mirror (essentially British Outer Limits, can be hit-or-miss but I really enjoyed Series 1 ... not sure when this returns)

    (I'm not a fan of Downton Abbey, but I guess that would go here.)
    All good shows, though I don't think they're as consistent as OB. Sherlock and BM kind of suffer from being just 3 TV movies a year, so the middle one always feels like filler wrapped around a couple of really smart concepts. Brooker is a brilliant dude though. Luther is pretty much a standard shock procedural, held up by Stringer Bell and Ruth Wilson. Downton is the British Walking Dead. Misfits without Nathan...

  31. The Following User Says Thank You to AesopRockOn For This Useful Post:


  32. #3599
    You Did It Joseph!!!! AesopRockOn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    honolulu
    Age
    25
    Posts
    7,490
    Mood

    Default Re: What TV Show Did You Last Watch

    Quote Originally Posted by Trader Joe View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    For all intents and purposes I am just as in the dark as you are now, I had only read up to the red wedding in the books. So I honestly have no idea, but I am just guessing based on everything we know so far. That phrase, the leech scene, etc.
    You know nothing, Trader Joe.

  33. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to AesopRockOn For This Useful Post:


  34. #3600
    DIET COKE! Trader Joe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Troll Hunting
    Age
    26
    Posts
    29,151

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: What TV Show Did You Last Watch

    Quote Originally Posted by AesopRockOn View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    You know nothing, Trader Joe.
    Hodor.

    “WE NEVER SURRENDER, WE NEVER GIVE UP, WE KEEP ATTACKING”- Frank Vogel
    momentarygodsblog.com https://twitter.com/momentarygods

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •