Page 141 of 184 FirstFirst ... 4191131137138139140141142143144145151 ... LastLast
Results 3,501 to 3,525 of 4591

Thread: What TV Show Did You Last Watch

Default Re: What TV Show Did You Last Watch

Quote Originally Posted by Trader Joe View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Spoiler Spoiler:
    Spoiler Spoiler:
    Don't ask Marvin Harrison what he did during the bye week. "Batman never told where the Bat Cave is," he explained.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Suaveness For This Useful Post:

You Did It Joseph!!!! AesopRockOn's Avatar
    Mood

Quote Originally Posted by Heisenberg View Post
    Mad Men

Spoiler Spoiler:
    I agree that it was a bit of a shock, especially since those two characters are supposed to kind of hate each other. OTOH, listening to Weiner on Fresh Air yesterday, and it's clear that he'll compromise almost anything to show depressing symbolism. I feel like that entire plot development was to **** with Peggy. Also happened with Joan in that ep (and I guess the whole series). The men doing things that they consider to be brilliant without even considering how ****** they are being to the most important women in their lives.

I watched the complete 13 episode TV series Harper's Island. Has more twists than a whole bag of pretzels.

Until the past week I'd never watched "Breaking Bad". I watched the pilot episode on Netflix the other night and I can't believe it took me this long to catch the show. Stupid me. I've caught up on the first 2 seasons now.

Hicks, I know you mentioned watching Breaking Bad regularly at one point and also mentioning you hadn't watched Dexter because you couldn't imagine how you could respect/relate/feel sympathy or something for the main character. I see striking similarities in Walt and Dexter as far as that goes.
    Nuntius was right. I was wrong. Frank Vogel has retained his job.

------

"A player who makes a team great is more valuable than a great player. Losing yourself in the group, for the good of the group, that’s teamwork."

-John Wooden

Just watched the first two episodes of AMC's The Killing. Great show so far. anybody watch this show?

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by presto123 View Post
    Just watched the first two episodes of AMC's The Killing. Great show so far. anybody watch this show?
    Yeah me and the gf watched both seasons about a month or so ago, don't go lookingat my spolier...
    * Most Humorous Poster Nominee (2004, 2005, 2010)
    * Off Topic Post of the Year Winner (2009)
    * Off Topic Thread of the Year Nominee (2010)

Formerly a naturallystoned, badinfluence...

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Natston For This Useful Post:

Mood

Quote Originally Posted by Bball View Post
    Until the past week I'd never watched "Breaking Bad". I watched the pilot episode on Netflix the other night and I can't believe it took me this long to catch the show. Stupid me. I've caught up on the first 2 seasons now.

Hicks, I know you mentioned watching Breaking Bad regularly at one point and also mentioning you hadn't watched Dexter because you couldn't imagine how you could respect/relate/feel sympathy or something for the main character. I see striking similarities in Walt and Dexter as far as that goes.
    It's the torture stuff. Big turnoff for me. I may yet give the series a chance eventually but that's a very hard sell for me.

It's bad enough when that's an element of a show, but when it's the central element of the main protagonist, AND he's STARTING as that kind of a guy? Ugh, that's rough.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Hicks For This Useful Post:

Mood

Quote Originally Posted by kester99 View Post
    Defiance on SyFy is pretty good so far. We'll see if it gets a decent run.
    I think I would watch this show but Julie Benz is the worst. Maybe it's all the characters she's ever played but it just perplexes me that she gets work.

The light, not the lie. kester99's Avatar
    Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Did a search for new TV shows just on the off chance I've been missing something good.

I found one gem: Orphan Black, from BBC America, is a really entertaining mystery / comedy.

http://www.bbcamerica.com/orphan-black/

Well worth the Netflix or download or DVR. Seven episodes so far, of 13 this season, and has been renewed for 13 more for 2014.

I also found a pretty good thing from Sundance Channel: Top of the Lake, a mystery set in New Zealand. Kind of the same vibe as The Killing. Or The Killing with the Holly Hunter portions of each episode written by Tom Robbins...

And I found Rogue, a tough female cop show that is DirectTV's first (?) original drama, from ythe Audience Channel. Definitely nitty gritty, but the lead actress doesn't have a lot of range...maybe it's just the script. Still watching.

And finally I found DaVinci's Demons, from STARZ. Really excellent sets and costuming, with scripts that basically let us know that DaVinci rocked, OK? Like MacGyver, only he draws all his stuff first, and there's no electricity. Bare breasts in every episode, yowzah, as Leo foils his enemies left and right, 'cause he's ambidextrous with the rapier.

Could have been a lot better.
    Last edited by kester99; 05-16-2013 at 03:34 AM.
    [~]) ... Cheers! Go Pacers!

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Seasons 2 and 3 of Bob's Burgers...
    * Most Humorous Poster Nominee (2004, 2005, 2010)
    * Off Topic Post of the Year Winner (2009)
    * Off Topic Thread of the Year Nominee (2010)

Formerly a naturallystoned, badinfluence...

14. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Natston For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Bball View Post

It onloy gets better and better. Breaking Bad is my second favorite show of all time behind the Wire

16. The Following User Says Thank You to Unclebuck For This Useful Post:

Mood

I'm trying to get Roaming Gnome into Breaking Bad. He didn't seem to like S1 much, but he did say he liked the last episode, which I think bodes well for him liking S2 and beyond as we get more Heisenberg moments. Do you agree with me, I told him that if he still doesn't like the show after season two he probably never will.

streets ahead

Quote Originally Posted by kester99 View Post
    Did a search for new TV shows just on the off chance I've been missing something good.

I also found a pretty good thing from Sundance Channel: Top of the Lake, a mystery set in New Zealand. Kind of the same vibe as The Killing. Or The Killing with the Holly Hunter portions of each episode written by Tom Robbins...
    You could also give Sundance's "Rectify" a shot. The pilot is posted on their website:
    http://www.sundancechannel.com/series/rectify

19. The Following User Says Thank You to avoidingtheclowns For This Useful Post:

Play McRoberts and Price! BRushWithDeath's Avatar

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by AesopRockOn View Post
    I think I would watch this show but Julie Benz is the worst. Maybe it's all the characters she's ever played but it just perplexes me that she gets work.
    I used to give sole credit of my unabashed love for Dexter's "Trinity Killer" season to the brilliance of John Lithgow. Maybe I partially reflect back on it so glowlingly because it awoke us from the Rita nightmare. She's the worst.
    "I had to take her down like Chris Brown."

-Lance Stephenson

21. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to BRushWithDeath For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Hicks View Post
    I'm trying to get Roaming Gnome into Breaking Bad. He didn't seem to like S1 much, but he did say he liked the last episode, which I think bodes well for him liking S2 and beyond as we get more Heisenberg moments. Do you agree with me, I told him that if he still doesn't like the show after season two he probably never will.

I didn't like season 1 too much. When did Mr. White blow up the house after he walked out. That was when I became hooked. That got me off the couch

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by BRushWithDeath View Post
    I used to give sole credit of my unabashed love for Dexter's "Trinity Killer" season to the brilliance of John Lithgow. Maybe I partially reflect back on it so glowlingly because it awoke us from the Rita nightmare. She's the worst.
    The trinity killer season was fantastic. Probably the reason every other season since has been such a let down. Lithgow was the best big bad you could ever ask for.

“WE NEVER SURRENDER, WE NEVER GIVE UP, WE KEEP ATTACKING”- Frank Vogel
    momentarygodsblog.com https://twitter.com/momentarygods

Quote Originally Posted by Hicks View Post
    I thought the pilot episode especially and maybe the 2nd episode were pretty good to setup what the show was going to be about.... and then the next several episodes were introducing us to the core characters more than anything else and then the last or last couple of episodes is what mostly every episode in S2 was like. But... due to all the character setup in those middle episodes of S1 the writers gave themselves plenty of writing material to really fill out the scripts.

But S2 is as far as I've gotten... so that's as much as I can speak to...

------

"A player who makes a team great is more valuable than a great player. Losing yourself in the group, for the good of the group, that’s teamwork."

-John Wooden

Quote Originally Posted by BRushWithDeath View Post
    Rita wasn't as bad as Lumen IMHO.

I think S4 of Dexter had so much potential going forward and they tapped none of that. In retrospect S4 would've been a great series finale IMO.

After S4 Dexter could've been changed in so many way, both positively and negatively. His mental state could've become even more precarious. Trinity could've even become a voice in his head similar to Harry. Or heck... Trinity could've gotten away, or Dexter even allowed him to get away because Trinity pleaded for Mercy and explained how alike they were, and then Dexter return home to find that same scene only now with the knowledge that Trinity was still out there and he'd been 'had' and let him get away.

Instead the writers just seemed like they'd painted themselves into a corner and didn't know what to do with little Harry or the step children or where to go next. The depth of S4 has yet to be matched and the potential it had for followup was never really explored.

------

-John Wooden

Blown away by how good the first season of The Killing is. I'll take this over CSI any day. Getting ready to start season 2.

27. The Following User Says Thank You to presto123 For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Trader Joe View Post
    The trinity killer season was fantastic. Probably the reason every other season since has been such a let down. Lithgow was the best big bad you could ever ask for.
    Bad ***, literally.

Any one watch The Office last few episodes? I know season 9 wasn't great, but the series definitely ended on a high note. Well done last couple episodes.

Mood

Yeah, I've sort of forced myself to keep watching the last couple of years, but the last few episodes were pretty good, which is nice.

31. The Following User Says Thank You to Hicks For This Useful Post:

streets ahead

Quote Originally Posted by AesopRockOn View Post
    ...it seems like having someone mostly detached from these franchises yields good results. (If you don't believe me, see season four of Community. Damn, it hurt to type that.)
    Wait... what? Could you expand on the 'good results'?

(sorry for relocating, didn't want to derail the movie thread)

Anyone watch scandal?

I just got season one. People keep telling me I need to watch, hopefully it is good

Mood

Quote Originally Posted by avoidingtheclowns View Post
    Wait... what? Could you expand on the 'good results'?

(sorry for relocating, didn't want to derail the movie thread)
    I mean that season four suffered greatly from the showrunners/writers trying to be so accurate/true to the source material (the first three seasons). That it was trying so hard to be the show that Harmon ran that it rarely felt like they had even considered trying to make it its own thing. Unless you enjoyed season four, then the comment about Abram's detachment being helpful (contrasted with the Community writers' adherence being a hinderance) would easily come off as incorrect I know you're a fan of the show, but I do not know how you felt about these last thirteen eps.