Page 138 of 190 FirstFirst ... 3888128134135136137138139140141142148188 ... LastLast
Results 3,426 to 3,450 of 4734

Thread: What TV Show Did You Last Watch

Default Re: What TV Show Did You Last Watch

Winter is coming.

Fun premier, and now that I've read through book 3, it's interesting to see all the changes.
    Don't ask Marvin Harrison what he did during the bye week. "Batman never told where the Bat Cave is," he explained.

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Flying through The Killing, halfway thru the second season...
    * Most Humorous Poster Nominee (2004, 2005, 2010)
    * Off Topic Post of the Year Winner (2009)
    * Off Topic Thread of the Year Nominee (2010)

Formerly a naturallystoned, badinfluence...

Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by Suaveness View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Winter is coming.

Fun premier, and now that I've read through book 3, it's interesting to see all the changes.
    Don't want spoilers or anything, but is Marjery going to be as fun a character as it seems like she'll be this season?

Quote Originally Posted by Heisenberg View Post
    Don't want spoilers or anything, but is Marjery going to be as fun a character as it seems like she'll be this season?
    Her entire house is fun, and she's fun, but not as awesome as the Queen of Thornes. She's one of my favorite characters, such a badass
    Don't ask Marvin Harrison what he did during the bye week. "Batman never told where the Bat Cave is," he explained.

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

She really doesn't have all that much of a roll. It's a bigger role in book 4, but she really never becomes a main character (atleast through the books printed so far). I'm super excited for this season, stuff starts really getting crazy.

Seasons 1 and 2 will seem like a dream here pretty soon. Smaller characters will start to get bigger roles while other characters completely die off while others fade out and become shell's of themselves. There are no shortages of twists and turns.

Winter is most definitely coming.
    Last edited by Since86; 04-01-2013 at 11:32 AM.

Can you guys put your talk of what happens in the books in spoiler code, please? I've tried not to read any of it thus far, but it's something I worry about (I try hard not to know anything before the show plays it out). Thanks.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Hicks For This Useful Post:

Newsroom.

My wife works at CNN as a producer for CNN Mexico. She says that that is actually how the newsroom is run...just all the drama out in the bullpen is fake. Show wouldn't be near as interesting if it didn't have all that drama...same for just about every show.

I'm kinda hooked. Wife loves the show.
    With the #3 pick in the 2015 draft, your Indiana Pacers!

You Did It Joseph!!!! AesopRockOn's Avatar
    Mood

I'm assuming Hick's request is that anything about season 3 have tags on it, so here we go.
    Spoiler Spoiler:

The Walking Dead kind of seems like they just hand out the writing assignments to the staff writers without going over what's supposed to be happening in the each episode and what each character is supposed to be thinking or doing. That said, the last shooting scene of the finale was hilarious.

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Watched the season finale of TWD and was just underwhelmed with it all. They built this final battle between Woodburry and the prison up all season and to give us that it was like GoT not giving the battle of blackwater.

Spoiler Spoiler:

I just did not like that they are extending the prison and gov story arch. Wish they would have just had that final battle, killed the gov off,
    Spoiler Spoiler:
    , and then moved onto a story with season four. Part of the problem with season 2 was they spent way to much time at the farm. I thought season 3 was a very strong season, but was definitely underwhelmed with how they ended it.

Here's Grantland's recap of GoT. I'll post the season finale recap of TWD in a minute.

http://www.grantland.com/blog/hollyw...unuch-soldiers

http://www.grantland.com/blog/hollyw...torial-rampage

My patience with the show is starting to wear. The pace of the show is really bugging me.

Play McRoberts and Price! BRushWithDeath's Avatar

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by AesopRockOn View Post
    I'm assuming Hick's request is that anything about season 3 have tags on it, so here we go.
    I was thinking Hicks' request was more in line with the disclaimer at the bottom of the Grantland recap. I feel the same way:

Quote Originally Posted by Grantland disclaimer
    [Note on these recaps: I have not read the books and I have no intention to do so. My goal is to analyze and enjoy Game of Thrones strictly as a television show. So please, no spoilers or “I told you so”s in the comments, OK? OK!]
    "I had to take her down like Chris Brown."

-Lance Stephenson

14. The Following User Says Thank You to BRushWithDeath For This Useful Post:

Mood

Quote Originally Posted by BRushWithDeath View Post
    I was thinking Hicks' request was more in line with the disclaimer at the bottom of the Grantland recap. I feel the same way:
    My misunderstanding. So, everything in the show (including the most recent episode) is free to be not tagged. Got it. (I don't think anything I wrote would actually be counted as a spoiler.) Just to make sure I get my spoiler money's worth,
    Spoiler Spoiler:

Quote Originally Posted by Since86 View Post
    http://www.grantland.com/blog/hollyw...torial-rampage

My patience with the show is starting to wear. The pace of the show is really bugging me.
    You were talking about a different show, but that pretty much sums up my feelings towards GoT. I like the show and watch it each week, but it moves at an absolute glacial pace. There are so many characters and so many things happening that it's almost hard to follow. The names are all some ****ed up middle earth **** so I can't ever remember who is who when I'm reading recaps and such, and it just seems like there is no endgame here. Lots of good characters, lots of good acting, but lots of nothing happening too.

I'm trying not to step on anyone's toes, but I don't think that problem will be around much longer.

Mood

I'm trying not to step on anyone's toes, but I don't think that problem will be around much longer.
    I disagree. Though stuff definitely happens, the only closure that takes place is in the form of tragedy. See Tyrion's arc last year.

cdash, I don't really get the casual fans of shows like GoT (same with shows like pre-zombie Community). I think if I weren't such a total ****ing nerd about the universe, I'd be pretty pissed off at it every week. I'd at least wait until the whole season (or maybe series) is out to watch everything. Just seems like something you'd have to really be into to enjoy without that frustration.

Sports Logo

The Walking Dead's honestly pretty terrible. But I'll keep watching because....I don't know? I need to get an old lady or something. Find a hobby maybe.

cdash, I don't really get the casual fans of shows like GoT (same with shows like pre-zombie Community). I think if I weren't such a total ****ing nerd about the universe, I'd be pretty pissed off at it every week. I'd at least wait until the whole season (or maybe series) is out to watch everything. Just seems like something you'd have to really be into to enjoy without that frustration.
    Yeah, honestly that's how I got hooked in the first place. I watched the whole first season in like three days. Season two lumbered along because I was watching each week. Season three looks to be following a similar path. It is a bit frustrating, but still a really good show.

I disagree. Though stuff definitely happens, the only closure that takes place is in the form of tragedy. See Tyrion's arc last year.
    I'm not sure what you're disagreeing with, seeing as how you agree that things start to happen. That's all I was saying.

Spoiler Spoiler:

Finished the season finale of the Walking Dead. The build up was tremendous, and then fell completely on it's face. I don't know how the writers thought that was going to be a great ending there. Meh.

I like the show, but they miss so many opportunities.
    With the #3 pick in the 2015 draft, your Indiana Pacers!

23. The Following User Says Thank You to Sparhawk For This Useful Post:

Mood

I'm not sure what you're disagreeing with, seeing as how you agree that things start to happen. That's all I was saying.

Spoiler Spoiler:
    I think I just misread/extrapolated from cdash's post that the show doesn't have enough closure (or even happy endings) rather than it just being dense and deliberate. The "problem" from your initial post. I'm Jon Snow-level intelligent right now.

Play McRoberts and Price! BRushWithDeath's Avatar

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

I would just as soon have no discussion whatsoever relative to the books. The show discussion is going to need to be in spoilers. If you want to discuss the books, do it in the book thread.
    "I had to take her down like Chris Brown."

-Lance Stephenson

26. The Following User Says Thank You to BRushWithDeath For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo

I really want to like The Americans, but just, I don't know, everything's so dire. I realize it's very good and everything, I just don't actually enjoy watching it. I don't necessarily need "someone to root for," but man, I don't like any of these people.

Quote Originally Posted by BRushWithDeath View Post
    I would just as soon have no discussion whatsoever relative to the books. The show discussion is going to need to be in spoilers. If you want to discuss the books, do it in the book thread.
    I'm sorry not clicking on spoiler tags is too much, especially when nothing in the spoiler tags spoils anything.

What you might consider spoilers and what I might consider spoilers could be different. Personally, I consider even vague comments or general statements by the book readers about what is to come to be spoilers (because even with that little bit I can usually piece together what it probably means regarding a given plot or set of characters), so I don't risk it at all if I can help it.

And obviously for those of us who don't want to know anything ahead of time, we're not going to go back over what you guys have been saying to judge for ourselves how spoilery or not those comments are, as that is a bell that can't be unrung if we see anything we'd not want to see.

And in general, the way of Internet life typically is that when something sensitive is discussed, sooner or later someone slips up, hence the desire by some of us to not even go there. At least not in the same shared space.

It's a request, not a demand, but an earnest request nonetheless. If it hasn't aired yet, other than watching the trailer for next week I truly don't want to know more. Especially if it's commentary by someone who has read further ahead in the story, as that tends to inadvertently spill things for me. That's been my experience, anyway.