Page 131 of 179 FirstFirst ... 3181121127128129130131132133134135141 ... LastLast
Results 3,251 to 3,275 of 4463

Thread: What TV Show Did You Last Watch

Nerd.
    Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Default Re: What TV Show Did You Last Watch

Quote Originally Posted by bellisimo View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Modern Family
    Big bang theory

Play McRoberts and Price! BRushWithDeath's Avatar

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by AesopRockOn View Post
    I wouldn't put it by a wide margin but it definitely has vaulted into the Mad Men, Breaking Bad, Louie, Game of Thrones top tier of tv shows; it will stay there assuming it can keep up this breakneck pace it's on. Seriously, BB's pacing seems glacial contrasted with how Homeland has done this season. Very ballsy.
    It's pretty jarring how much quicker this season has progressed compared to the 1st season. It's almost an entirely different feel to the show.
    "I had to take her down like Chris Brown."

-Lance Stephenson

3. The Following User Says Thank You to BRushWithDeath For This Useful Post:

Mood

I didn't watch a single episode of American Horror Story last year, but after the hype/buzz and the premiere of Season 2, I decided to set the DVR a few weeks ago to catch them. I watched episode 1 last night, and I think I'm on board. It does a good job of keeping your attention and not slowing down, at least the first episode didn't. And considering it's essentially a second pilot (from what I understand, season 2 is independent of season 1), it's got tremendous pace, as pilots tend to be slower.

I'm mostly numb to scary movies and what not, but it does have two elements that still creep me out: Doctors who perform surgery on you that you don't need/want (particularly without anesthetics) and then being trapped in an insane asylum when you're not crazy but everyone assumes that you are.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Hicks For This Useful Post:

The Middle halloween episode was great, so was Modern Family. Two great shows

Mood

I caught the second episode of American Horror Story yesterday. I'm on board.

Quote Originally Posted by Hicks View Post
    I didn't watch a single episode of American Horror Story last year, but after the hype/buzz and the premiere of Season 2, I decided to set the DVR a few weeks ago to catch them. I watched episode 1 last night, and I think I'm on board. It does a good job of keeping your attention and not slowing down, at least the first episode didn't. And considering it's essentially a second pilot (from what I understand, season 2 is independent of season 1), it's got tremendous pace, as pilots tend to be slower.

I'm mostly numb to scary movies and what not, but it does have two elements that still creep me out: Doctors who perform surgery on you that you don't need/want (particularly without anesthetics) and then being trapped in an insane asylum when you're not crazy but everyone assumes that you are.
    Great Season 2 episodes so far. Recommend you go back and watch Season 1 when you can, and you will see why Jessica Lange won an Emmy for AHS last year. Fantastic actress that gets to sink her teeth into juicy roles over the past couple of seasons.

Mood

The Walking Dead

Wow. Things happened tonight that I didn't expect until later.

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by MAStamper View Post
    The Walking Dead

Wow. Things happened tonight that I didn't expect until later.
    Yea same here... I thought it was a great episode though

What's up with the name change, if you don't mind me asking?

I was totally shocked that they went the direction they did with The Walking Dead. Two characters will be interesting to watch and see how they develop now after what happened last night. So far this season has been amazing and has really made up for a pretty lackluster season 2.

You Did It Joseph!!!! AesopRockOn's Avatar
    Mood

Disagreed on TWD.

Though this season has been demonstrably better than last, all they did was
    Spoiler Spoiler:
    The show does have the chance to be emotionally affecting in addition to being a let's-see-how-far-we-can-take-gore-on-TV video game drama. It just needs to drop 90% of its characters.

I'm just going to say Dexter has jumped the shark. I'm not sure where to say it happened. It could've been seeds that were planted in season 4 to get us to that dramatic ending but left the writers wondering "Now what?". It could've just been season 5 in general.

Maybe season 4 was Dexter's Sgt Peppers album and how do you top that? Maybe the writers tried to separate so much from season 4 in order to not have any ties or comparisons to it that they actually created nothing but a giant comparison.

It just seems like there's 50 implausible things per episode happening now. Much of it unnecessary noise. Just excuses to complicate the plot and throw curveballs. But ultimately just making things a giant soap opera. The ending of this last episode made me roll my eyes...
    O'Brien has been fired! Yay! What took so long?

------

"A player who makes a team great is more valuable than a great player. Losing yourself in the group, for the good of the group, that’s teamwork."

-John Wooden

I think they changed Dexter too much. Season 4 was such a crescendo, Dex learned so much and even abandoned his code for a bit (by letting Trinity live for a while). Probably should have saved that sort of story line.

“WE NEVER SURRENDER, WE NEVER GIVE UP, WE KEEP ATTACKING”- Frank Vogel
    momentarygodsblog.com https://twitter.com/momentarygods

15. The Following User Says Thank You to Trader Joe For This Useful Post:

future dragon trainer Heisenberg's Avatar

Sports Logo

I watched pretty sporadically until the last season and a half or so but that was a pretty great Always Sunny.

17. The Following User Says Thank You to Heisenberg For This Useful Post:

future dragon trainer Heisenberg's Avatar

Sports Logo

I don't know how many people watch Parks & Rec, but it takes place in a fictional Indiana town. Two of the main characters are getting married and they made a joke about Larry Bird not RSVP'ing yet but that's ok because he "always waits until the last minute."

I know it wasn't, but I'm going to pretend that was about the Mayo/McBob trade because that makes it much funnier to me.

Moonshiners

You Did It Joseph!!!! AesopRockOn's Avatar
    Mood

Whether you like Homeland or not, Damien Lewis is pretty awesome.

21. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to AesopRockOn For This Useful Post:

Dexter...
    Spoiler Spoiler:
    O'Brien has been fired! Yay! What took so long?

------

"A player who makes a team great is more valuable than a great player. Losing yourself in the group, for the good of the group, that’s teamwork."

-John Wooden

Mood

I finished season four of Damages, can't wait for season five... Patty vs. Ellen?
    * Most Humorous Poster Nominee (2004, 2005, 2010)
    * Off Topic Post of the Year Winner (2009)
    * Off Topic Thread of the Year Nominee (2010)

Formerly a naturallystoned, badinfluence...

Not sure how many people watch BBC shows, but Merlin is coming to an end this season. Makes me sad as it has been a really well done adaptation. Gonna miss it, but they decided it was better to go out on a high note. Nice to see people end a series due to story rather than milking money.

Not too happy about season 3 of Sherlock being delayed. Best show on TV.
    Don't ask Marvin Harrison what he did during the bye week. "Batman never told where the Bat Cave is," he explained.

Quote Originally Posted by Bball View Post
    Dexter...
    Spoiler Spoiler:
    Spoiler Spoiler:

Quote Originally Posted by Suaveness View Post
    Not sure how many people watch BBC shows, but Merlin is coming to an end this season. Makes me sad as it has been a really well done adaptation. Gonna miss it, but they decided it was better to go out on a high note. Nice to see people end a series due to story rather than milking money.

Not too happy about season 3 of Sherlock being delayed. Best show on TV.
    They ended Robin Hood in the same fashion. In fact the ending of Robin Hood was great, up until they went one scene to far. If they would have just ended with Robin holding his hand out to his long lost love it may have been one of the greatest endings of a series ever. But noooooooooo....... grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr still honks me off.

I also will miss Merlin & wish they would have given us a couple of more years with Arthur being the king.

Basketball isn't played with computers, spreadsheets, and simulations. ChicagoJ 4/21/13

27. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Peck For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo Sports Logo

Anyone here watching The Walking Dead?If yes and you watched the latest episode,please tell me that you noticed the bent rifle

Spoiler Spoiler:

Quote Originally Posted by Bball View Post
    Dexter...
    Spoiler Spoiler:
    Spoiler Spoiler:

“WE NEVER SURRENDER, WE NEVER GIVE UP, WE KEEP ATTACKING”- Frank Vogel
    momentarygodsblog.com https://twitter.com/momentarygods

30. The Following User Says Thank You to Trader Joe For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Peck View Post
    They ended Robin Hood in the same fashion. In fact the ending of Robin Hood was great, up until they went one scene to far. If they would have just ended with Robin holding his hand out to his long lost love it may have been one of the greatest endings of a series ever. But noooooooooo....... grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr still honks me off.

I also will miss Merlin & wish they would have given us a couple of more years with Arthur being the king.

I agree, and
    Spoiler Spoiler:
    Don't ask Marvin Harrison what he did during the bye week. "Batman never told where the Bat Cave is," he explained.

Homeland I think took a step backwards in this episode. They had a fork in the road & IMO they took the easy way out to artificially lengthen the show.

Dexter was interesting but I really miss the old days when they made sure that Dexter had to work within the limits of what we could believe. I won't spoil anything here but him hiding in that closet in that suite was over the top & unbelievable. Also from the upcoming previews it looks like another female death will be coming and each one loses more impact than the last.

Boardwalk Empire season finale was good. However once again as I do after every season I wonder why I watch. They waste so much time on characters that don't advance the show and have no real focus of story line that basically it feels like they waste 12 episodes to finally get to the season finale and have that be the one good episode of the year.

I've stuck with it this far so I'm sure I'll watch again next year but honestly I would be hard pressed to recommend this to anyone.

Basketball isn't played with computers, spreadsheets, and simulations. ChicagoJ 4/21/13