Page 128 of 185 FirstFirst ... 2878118124125126127128129130131132138178 ... LastLast
Results 3,176 to 3,200 of 4619

Thread: What TV Show Did You Last Watch

Default Re: What TV Show Did You Last Watch

Quote Originally Posted by LoneGranger33 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Wait, he didn't win one for Pootie Tang?
    That was what, like 15 years ago?

Seriously, watch his FX series that he's in complete control of. He's a good standup that ventures into the negative for the sake of it for me on repeated viewings. But he's a legitimately gifted filmmaker. I'm serious about this.

Great show...but man does it get dark. Elevator shaft of morality.
    When you're playing against a stacked deck, compete even harder. Show the world how much you'll fight for the winners circle. If you do, someday the cellophane will crackle off a fresh pack, one that belongs to you, and the cards will be stacked in your favor.
    -Pat Riley

Yeah, I was a latecomer to the Louie show (I caught up through Netflix this summer), and I was quickly a fan and still think of myself as a fan, but I have to say his constant deliberate choice to keep going very dark / weird seemingly for its own sake is becoming more and more turn off.

It was fun watching him put on a good test pilot for the Late Show. I was expecting him to write that with him stinking it up.

Hicks...I actually meant to respond to an older Peck Post about Breaking bad regarding the morality, but I am a fan of Louie as well...and it fits that show well also.

Louis is one of those comics who gambles in some dark areas for laughs, and when it works, it is brilliant and hysterical, when it doesn't you squirm in your chair.
    When you're playing against a stacked deck, compete even harder. Show the world how much you'll fight for the winners circle. If you do, someday the cellophane will crackle off a fresh pack, one that belongs to you, and the cards will be stacked in your favor.
    -Pat Riley

5. The Following User Says Thank You to brich For This Useful Post:

Once Upon a Time: strong opening episode for season 2. I was wondering where they were going to go from here, and they've done a good job.
    Don't ask Marvin Harrison what he did during the bye week. "Batman never told where the Bat Cave is," he explained.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Suaveness For This Useful Post:

Man I have a whole lot of tv on my DVR that I have to catch up on.

But let me echo Suaveness, once upon a time was outstanding in the second season premier and the previews for the upcoming season just look increadible.

Dexter season premier was also just out of this world good. I'm not going to spoil anything but I am just thrilled beyond words that they didn't run & hide from the obvious truth with Deb. Last season was dull but so far this season looks to be one of the better ones.

I haven't watched the newest episode yet but I am also watching Copper on BBC America. Very enteresting and entertaining, I'm not even really sure where they are going with this yet but I am along for the ride.

I've got a ton of other shows I need to update but for now that is all.

Basketball isn't played with computers, spreadsheets, and simulations. ChicagoJ 4/21/13

You Did It Joseph!!!! AesopRockOn's Avatar
    Mood

Quote Originally Posted by Heisenberg View Post
    But he's a legitimately gifted filmmaker. I'm serious about this.
    I'm not sure anyone would disagree with you. A lot of people think Louie​ is the best show on TV.

Boardwalk Empire is a mess.

I want to like this show & they sure put a ton of money into each episode with very high production value but the main story line (whichever one it truely is) is just all over the place.

I would love to know if what we are seeing now was the plan all along or if they adjusted on the fly, there are times I get both feelings. I think I would feel a lot better about the show if I thought that they adjusted so I wouldn't feel like we wasted all of that time on Jimmy on purpose.

I'll still watch (my wife has already given up on this one) but honestly what could be and should be an A+ show probably pulls in around a C+ or B-, not bad but not where it should be.

Basketball isn't played with computers, spreadsheets, and simulations. ChicagoJ 4/21/13

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by Peck View Post

Dexter season premier was also just out of this world good. I'm not going to spoil anything but I am just thrilled beyond words that they didn't run & hide from the obvious truth with Deb. Last season was dull but so far this season looks to be one of the better ones.
    I just started season 4, but I already saw a promo for Season 7 so I know what happens with Deb. It was bound to happen sooner or later. I wish I could get caught up before the season ends.

Definitely looks like this Dexter season will be better than the last, where they tired to hide their obvious twist for basically the entire season and it totally ruined it for me. Face those issues head on Dex writers, that's when you're at your best as a show.

“WE NEVER SURRENDER, WE NEVER GIVE UP, WE KEEP ATTACKING”- Frank Vogel
    momentarygodsblog.com https://twitter.com/momentarygods

I do have a Dexter season opener question....
    Spoiler Spoiler:
    Nuntius was right. I was wrong. Frank Vogel has retained his job.

------

"A player who makes a team great is more valuable than a great player. Losing yourself in the group, for the good of the group, that’s teamwork."

-John Wooden

Quote Originally Posted by Bball View Post
    I do have a Dexter season opener question....
    Spoiler Spoiler:
    Spoiler Spoiler:

Spoiler Spoiler:

------

"A player who makes a team great is more valuable than a great player. Losing yourself in the group, for the good of the group, that’s teamwork."

-John Wooden

Quote Originally Posted by Bball View Post
    Spoiler Spoiler:
    Spoiler Spoiler:

Watched season premiere of Homeland. I still don't see what all the fuss is about this show. Last seasons finale was pretty good, but generally it just doesn't grab me. Probably will stop watching.

Does anyone out there love this show?

Play McRoberts and Price! BRushWithDeath's Avatar

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by Unclebuck View Post
    Watched season premiere of Homeland. I still don't see what all the fuss is about this show. Last seasons finale was pretty good, but generally it just doesn't grab me. Probably will stop watching.

I haven't started this season yet but I liked it quite a bit last season. I don't know that I'd say I loved it and I certainly wouldn't say it is the best show on television, as the people whose vote counts did, but it's one of the shows in my rotation. And I don't have many.

I don't have a problem at all with it getting the lead actor & actress awards, they were both terrific, but there is no way that it was a better drama than either Breaking Bad or Game of Thrones.
    "I had to take her down like Chris Brown."

-Lance Stephenson

19. The Following User Says Thank You to BRushWithDeath For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo

Anyone else watch "Last Resort" last week?

If you are able to suspend your belief regarding the premise of a Nuclear Sub Captain going rogue....it's actually a pretty good "sit at the edge your seat" show...at least the pilot was. It had a feel that was closer to "Crimson Tide" as opposed to "Hunt for Red October" and you have to wonder how long they can carry this story....but I have added this show to my DVR list of shows to record.
    Ash from Army of Darkness: Good...Bad...I'm the guy with the gun.

This is David West, he is the Honey Badger, West just doesn't give a *****....he's pretty bad *ss cuz he has no regard for any other Player or Team whatsoever.

Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by Trader Joe View Post
    I just started Battlestar Galactica for the first time ever. I have no idea what to make of it through about 6 episodes plus the mini series that started it.
    The show is worth it....get the entire show in Blu-Ray. Yes, there are a lot of twists and turns and a lot of WTF moments ( where the writers have admitted to parts of it as "throw this against the wall to see if it stick" plot points )...but it's one of the best well-written Sci-Fi television series that has IMHO been created.

This is David West, he is the Honey Badger, West just doesn't give a *****....he's pretty bad *ss cuz he has no regard for any other Player or Team whatsoever.

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by CableKC View Post
    Anyone else watch "Last Resort" last week?

If you are able to suspend your belief regarding the premise of a Nuclear Sub Captain going rogue....it's actually a pretty good "sit at the edge your seat" show...at least the pilot was. It had a feel that was closer to "Crimson Tide" as opposed to "Hunt for Red October" and you have to wonder how long they can carry this story....but I have added this show to my DVR list of shows to record.
    I saw it. Not sure if i like it or not, mainly cause the plot is just kinda ridiculous. But I will give it a chance and watch the next few episodes at least.

Quote Originally Posted by Peck View Post
    But let me echo Suaveness, once upon a time was outstanding in the second season premier and the previews for the upcoming season just look increadible.

I didn't watch the last season of Dexter because it had just gotten super dull the previous seasons. Honestly, the first season was the best. I'm hesitant to watch this season, even with a stellar first episode.
    Don't ask Marvin Harrison what he did during the bye week. "Batman never told where the Bat Cave is," he explained.

9 more days, folks. Sunny returns. Easily my favorite show on TV.

25. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to cdash For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Unclebuck View Post

I find it intriguing but I also thought last season was maddeningly slow paced for this type of drama. "Get to the chorus, don't bore us" might be analogous here. I didn't give a crap about Saul's wife leaving him. Sure, it setup his character but it was just painfully slow showing us details that could've been handled in snippets and a scene or two and ultimately shown us just as much about Saul as what we ultimately got anyway. And that wasn't the only place I felt too much time was spent treading water needlessly.

I also didn't like the season finale in a way... mainly because nothing really ended or was decided. I'd mistakenly thought the trip was taking us somewhere for a conclusion. But it was a climax that never came. But some of that might be on me and simply expecting a cliched nice, neat bow on the package at the end of the season rather than a soap opera with a summer hiatus.

That all said, I thought the pacing of the season opener was much better. Whether it'll maintain that, I don't know.

------

-John Wooden

the last show which i watched is wwe monday night raw as it is my favorite series to watch and really saw awesome match between cena and punk

Sports Logo

Man.....it sounds like most of the best shows are on HBO or Showtime.

I guess it's not good when I'd prefer to watch shows like "Storage Wars" and "Ghost Adventures" than watch whatever show is on the Big 3 Network TV channels.

Quote Originally Posted by CableKC View Post
    Man.....it sounds like most of the best shows are on HBO or Showtime.

With a few exceptions, I stick to USA, FX, NBC and Comedy Central.

Quote Originally Posted by cdash View Post
    9 more days, folks. Sunny returns. Easily my favorite show on TV.
    This response is a two-parter:
    1) Haley Joel looks pretty good as the new Mac.
    2) Favorite episode?
    Last edited by LoneGranger33; 10-03-2012 at 10:09 PM.