Page 126 of 187 FirstFirst ... 2676116122123124125126127128129130136176 ... LastLast
Results 3,126 to 3,150 of 4667

Thread: What TV Show Did You Last Watch

Default Re: What TV Show Did You Last Watch

I am 6 episodes into season #4 of Damages. Wow did they cut the budget or what. Very noticeable they cut the budget and I think it is hurting the show. Fewer sets, fewer good actors - I even think the writing has suffered. I am laboring my way through. I'm generally bored throughout each episode, but they give enough of a hook that I come back for the next episode.

Disappointing

Quote Originally Posted by Peck View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    BTW guys I have decided to go ahead and revisit Breaking Bad. My Wife and I have watched all of season 1 and now are in the middle of season 2.

I'm not sure what this says but she thinks the show is hilarious.
    It definitely has a sense of humor peppered in with all of the dark subject matter.

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

I finally got around to watching the first episode of The Guild. It was okay. I intend to work my way through the series eventually.

You Did It Joseph!!!! AesopRockOn's Avatar
    Mood

Quote Originally Posted by Hicks View Post
    There's no point in me trying to change your opinion (it is what it is), but I will say I was fine with it. Not my favorite episode, but I didn't think it was a bad episode.

It kept me feeling tense between
    Spoiler Spoiler:
    Worst ever was a little harsh. But it just didn't seem like BB. Perhaps AMC is to blame for not giving VG 13 episodes for each of these seasons (or even ten). Everything was just completely glossed over in this finale. This show has been the example of the opposite of a TL : DR.

Spoiler Spoiler:
    I'm not going to stop watching or loving the show or anything. It just seems like they had way more story and theme to do and realized too late that they had back themselves into a corner of the half-season finale. Bad planning for a show usually so meticulously well conceived. Still greatly looking forward to the last eight.

Mood

Quote Originally Posted by Unclebuck View Post
    I am 6 episodes into season #4 of Damages. Wow did they cut the budget or what. Very noticeable they cut the budget and I think it is hurting the show. Fewer sets, fewer good actors - I even think the writing has suffered. I am laboring my way through. I'm generally bored throughout each episode, but they give enough of a hook that I come back for the next episode.

Disappointing
    This has been on my list of shows to go back and check out once they're finished. But based on what people have said about the last few seasons, it might just be a pass?

Quote Originally Posted by AesopRockOn View Post
    Worst ever was a little harsh. But it just didn't seem like BB. Perhaps AMC is to blame for not giving VG 13 episodes for each of these seasons (or even ten). Everything was just completely glossed over in this finale. This show has been the example of the opposite of a TL : DR.
    Keep in mind that Gilligan is viewing this as the half way point of one season, Season 5, as opposed to this being Season 5 and next year Season 6. So while it still felt weird compared to what we're used to from Breaking Bad, it wasn't meant to be a true finale, either.

Spoiler Spoiler:

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Hicks For This Useful Post:

BTW guys I have decided to go ahead and revisit Breaking Bad. My Wife and I have watched all of season 1 and now are in the middle of season 2.

I'm not sure what this says but she thinks the show is hilarious.
    It says she has a good sense of humor. There's still some little make you smirk moments now but it's gotten much more serious in tone. If someone wanted to categorize the first couple seasons as a "(really) black comedy" I wouldn't disagree.

It's also gotten much more serious in the way they approach Walt's endeavors. I can't decide how much I like that aspect. But I don't want to spoil it for anyone.

Quote Originally Posted by AesopRockOn View Post
    This has been on my list of shows to go back and check out once they're finished. But based on what people have said about the last few seasons, it might just be a pass?
    IMO it would be a mistake to skip it, but to each their own. I'm not sure that I agree with U.B.'s description myself, I'm assuming he is watching the season where John Goodman is the main opposition. I think John does a decent job but obviously he did not come close to Ted Danson, which was a stunning performance btw.

I'm also enjoying this last season as well.

Is it as good as the first season? No, but I still think it's a quality show.

Basketball isn't played with computers, spreadsheets, and simulations. ChicagoJ 4/21/13

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Peck For This Useful Post:

IMO it would be a mistake to skip it, but to each their own. I'm not sure that I agree with U.B.'s description myself, I'm assuming he is watching the season where John Goodman is the main opposition. I think John does a decent job but obviously he did not come close to Ted Danson, which was a stunning performance btw.

I'm also enjoying this last season as well.

Is it as good as the first season? No, but I still think it's a quality show.
    Yes the one with Goodman. I still have 4 episodes to go, so maybe it gets good yet. And maybe I am too caught up on the obvious (to me) budget cuts. But I think the overall quality across the board is significantly lower than ain any of the forst three seasons. Season #2 might not have worked as well as seasons #1 or #3, but season #2 IMO is much better than #4.

Quote Originally Posted by Heisenberg View Post
    It says she has a good sense of humor. There's still some little make you smirk moments now but it's gotten much more serious in tone. If someone wanted to categorize the first couple seasons as a "(really) black comedy" I wouldn't disagree.

It's also gotten much more serious in the way they approach Walt's endeavors. I can't decide how much I like that aspect. But I don't want to spoil it for anyone.
    I will say that rewatching the preceding seasons gets funnier after every episode. It's a really strange effect; the comedy is latent at first because of the seriousness but rewatching takes the tension away.

Quote Originally Posted by imawhat View Post
    I will say that rewatching the preceding seasons gets funnier after every episode. It's a really strange effect; the comedy is latent at first because of the seriousness but rewatching takes the tension away.
    Which reminds me (watch this only if you've watched BB through ep #303):

Last edited by imawhat; 09-05-2012 at 11:38 AM.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to imawhat For This Useful Post:

Mood

Quote Originally Posted by Hicks View Post
    Keep in mind that Gilligan is viewing this as the half way point of one season, Season 5, as opposed to this being Season 5 and next year Season 6. So while it still felt weird compared to what we're used to from Breaking Bad, it wasn't meant to be a true finale, either.

Spoiler Spoiler:
    Your points are well made, I just think they should have hammered out the details over one or two more episodes. While I think that it could be the point of the sequence (time just goes by like nothing representing the way his life changes), it felt easy/cheap to just montage it.

Spoiler Spoiler:

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Boy meets world
    Smothered Chicken!

Sports Logo Sports Logo

GOLD RUSH
    Follow me at @Bluejbgold

Anyone else watch Sons of Anarchy? 5th season premiered tonight. I'm not the biggest fan of it but it's an OK time filler show, but man, if they don't start killing people that matter...

International Counter bellisimo's Avatar

Just watched the first 2 episodes of Sons of Anarchy...can't say it managed to grab my attention - won't be watching it any longer

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Anyone else watch Sons of Anarchy? 5th season premiered tonight. I'm not the biggest fan of it but it's an OK time filler show, but man, if they don't start killing people that matter...
    i can't imagine the entire main crew making it out alive this season.

Game of Thrones season 2.

I've watched 4 glorious episodes in 3 days. All I can say is that this is simply the best!

Spoiler Spoiler:
    Lance + Starting SG = Awesome

Now really free Lance!

The New Normal

Nice, sweet, show. I love that one half of the gay couple is effeminate without being flaming. I am soOOo tired of the flamer, drag queen, ultra flamboyant gay stereotype on so many shows. And Ellen Barkin? Wow. She does a superlative job of walking the tightrope of being ultra racist, but giving the sense that she does it out of honest ignorance and insecure self-defense rather than pure maliciousness. I haven't read any reviews yet, but she really reminds me of a female Archie Bunker. I never LOL'ed, but found it very clever and amusing. Kinda like Veep in that aspect. Definitely on my watch list.
    Hey! What're you kicking me for? You want me to ask? All right, I'll ask! Ma'am, where do the high school girls hang out in this town?

Quote Originally Posted by Skaut_Ech View Post
    The New Normal

Nice, sweet, show. I love that one half of the gay couple is effeminate without being flaming. I am soOOo tired of the flamer, drag queen, ultra flamboyant gay stereotype on so many shows. And Ellen Barkin? Wow. She does a superlative job of walking the tightrope of being ultra racist, but giving the sense that she does it out of honest ignorance and insecure self-defense rather than pure maliciousness. I haven't read any reviews yet, but she really reminds me of a female Archie Bunker. I never LOL'ed, but found it very clever and amusing. Kinda like Veep in that aspect. Definitely on my watch list.
    Yeah I watched the first two episodes and it is pretty good. I agree with your assessment. We'll see how it develops

Mood

Quote Originally Posted by bellisimo View Post
    Just watched the first 2 episodes of Sons of Anarchy...can't say it managed to grab my attention - won't be watching it any longer
    If it's season one, give it more time.
    * Most Humorous Poster Nominee (2004, 2005, 2010)
    * Off Topic Post of the Year Winner (2009)
    * Off Topic Thread of the Year Nominee (2010)

Formerly a naturallystoned, badinfluence...

Mood

Finally started watching The Wire, there might have been a time in my life when I wouldn't have appreciated it for what it was and how good it is. But it might be awhile before I get to start season 2.

Mood

I haven't started the new season but the problem that I am having is that the show is that it keeps getting greenlit for more seasons, so it's more "monster of the week" type stuff instead of the central story taking it's course. I still enjoy it though...

Quote Originally Posted by Skaut_Ech View Post
    The New Normal

I'm on board with the show with one exception: The daughter. I hate it when writers treat a child like an adult with the way they write her dialog.

28. The Following User Says Thank You to Hicks For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Natston View Post
    If it's season one, give it more time.
    Agreed.

I was a latecomer to this show; I happened to notice it while flipping channels one night, and it was about the middle of season 2. I recognized Katey Sagal and Ron Perlman, two actors I like, and that got me to stop and watch. I liked what I saw and got hooked.

It was only later that I went back and watched season 1, and I didn't like season 1 as much. In fact, there were some moments that were really disturbing and a turn off to where had that been my initial introduction to this show, I may have just stopped watching. I felt like the characters were easier to like when I hopped on board in mid season 2.

By the way (Season 5 Ep 1 spoiler):

Spoiler Spoiler: