Page 124 of 179 FirstFirst ... 2474114120121122123124125126127128134174 ... LastLast
Results 3,076 to 3,100 of 4466

Thread: What TV Show Did You Last Watch

Default Re: What TV Show Did You Last Watch

I have been very critical of Newsroom but tonights episode was as well done on almost every level as any show I've ever seen.

When Don was on the plane and yelling till the pilots came out and then he saw the epilets and captains wings and immediately changed and gave them the news about the U.S. killing Bin Laden may have been one of the if not the most powerful moments on TV.

I'm not ashamed to admit that I got goosebumps when he did that.

Absolutely perfect episode.

Basketball isn't played with computers, spreadsheets, and simulations. ChicagoJ 4/21/13

Archer

hilarious!

That show is in...the Danger Zone!
    Lance + Starting SG = Awesome

Now really free Lance!

3. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Sparhawk For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Peck View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I have been very critical of Newsroom but tonights episode was as well done on almost every level as any show I've ever seen.

When Don was on the plane and yelling till the pilots came out and then he saw the epilets and captains wings and immediately changed and gave them the news about the U.S. killing Bin Laden may have been one of the if not the most powerful moments on TV.

I'm not ashamed to admit that I got goosebumps when he did that.

Absolutely perfect episode.
    That was a great episode - they best one so far. A funny Will is a good Will - some of his lines were really funny.

peck, maybe because I read your post before watching the episode that scene you mention didn't really get to me, but Will's lead in to the president certainly did.

One reason why I really liked this episode (besides the humor) was it was the least political of the eps so far

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Newsroom this week was all build up. How they work the big "payoff" here over the next two episodes could make or break this show. I've really enjoyed the show so far, but I fear they could ruin it if this isn't handled well.

“WE NEVER SURRENDER, WE NEVER GIVE UP, WE KEEP ATTACKING”- Frank Vogel
    momentarygodsblog.com https://twitter.com/momentarygods

Play McRoberts and Price! BRushWithDeath's Avatar

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Breaking Bad is getting harder and harder to watch every week. Not because it's a bad show. Quite the opposite actually. I feel like it has gotten to the point where every episode just makes you more uncomfortable than the last.

Walter White has basically gotten to the point where everything about him that made him a successful antihero is gone and he's just pure evil now.

Also, in the same vein as another brilliant show focused around an antihero, I'm starting to think of Skylar much like I thought of Rita on Dexter. Should something happen to her in a similar manner, I won't be all that upset by it.
    "I had to take her down like Chris Brown."

-Lance Stephenson

You Did It Joseph!!!! AesopRockOn's Avatar
    Mood

Quote Originally Posted by BRushWithDeath View Post
    I'm starting to think of Skylar much like I thought of Rita on Dexter. Should something happen to her in a similar manner, I won't be all that upset by it.
    Season 5 Skylar is actually working pretty well for me. She's backed into much more of a corner than before and is responding much more understandably and level-headedly. She has taken more of a stand than she has previously and it's been more compelling. Plus, Gunn has been on point.

The very beginning and the very end of yesterday's episode was so BB.

Watching the season premier of GRIMM right now!

future dragon trainer Heisenberg's Avatar

Sports Logo

How anyone can be anything but sympathetic to Skyler honestly baffles me. You want her to get offed for...what? Maybe being a moron and not getting the F outta dodge when she wanted to I guess. Walter's become a complete disgusting human being who deserves to die.

Mood

I don't have a problem with Skylar, either. These characters have been long established as being conflicted and dimensional, so of course that kind of character will be inconsistent to a degree and not just go on pure intellect. Emotions/feelings play a significant role in decisions that some characters have made in this show, so I'm not surprised when it happens. It's bitten multiple people in the butt during the series. Fear, doubt, loyalty, pride/ego, anger, conflict, etc. And it's not like reasonably intelligent people don't sometimes make stupid/wrong decisions in any case.

International Counter bellisimo's Avatar

Finished the 3rd Season of Justified - really looking forward to what they do next season - this show has been picking up every single episode since the first season - really like it.

All the female lead characters in AMC shows (Mad Men, Breaking Bad, The Walking Dead) all rub me the wrong way. Its like they are all written in a manner where the writers want you to despise them for their behavior. For me the ship to feel sorry or even like Skyler has long past sailed after everything she has been involved in...I can't feel sorry for whatever she finds herself in.

Quote Originally Posted by Heisenberg View Post
    How anyone can be anything but sympathetic to Skyler honestly baffles me. You want her to get offed for...what? Maybe being a moron and not getting the F outta dodge when she wanted to I guess. Walter's become a complete disgusting human being who deserves to die.
    Essentially just for annoying my viewing experience. She's clearly the better of the two but Walter was more fun when he wasn't been constantly **** blocked by his wife. It's the same as I felt about Rita. Dexter was more fun when he could roam around murking fools without his significant other being on his case all of the time. Walter was more fun when she wasn't so intimately involved in the day to day operations and constantly fighting and bickering with him.

I don't dislike her for being stupid. I dislike her for trying to limit Walter.

-Lance Stephenson

13. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to BRushWithDeath For This Useful Post:

Speaking of Dexter...is there anything left in the barrels there to make this last season actually pretty good? Obviously I don't expect them to touch the trinity killer season, but it'd be nice if they could go out with a bang. Last year was kind of meh.

You Did It Joseph!!!! AesopRockOn's Avatar
    Mood

Quote Originally Posted by bellisimo View Post
    All the female lead characters in AMC shows (Mad Men, Breaking Bad, The Walking Dead) all rub me the wrong way.

Rebuttal: http://youtu.be/_Iw0euc4qDk?t=20s
    Last edited by AesopRockOn; 08-14-2012 at 04:37 PM.

16. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to AesopRockOn For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Trader Joe View Post
    Speaking of Dexter...is there anything left in the barrels there to make this last season actually pretty good? Obviously I don't expect them to touch the trinity killer season, but it'd be nice if they could go out with a bang. Last year was kind of meh.
    Correct me if I'm wrong but I thought there were 2 more seasons to go.

I thought last season was an improvement over the previous season. That previous season was borderline shark-jumping. I thought last season was at least more on track. Yes, the cliched pseudo dream/hallucination baddie was probably a little laziness on part of the creative team. And Travis wasn't very interesting for several episodes but the last few he was much more interesting. IMHO they should've shown that side a little more sooner.

I wonder if the writers had it to do over again if they would've allowed Trinity to do in more than he did in Dexter's world?

It's gotta be hard trying to write for Dexter when you have him tied to his son AND you have the step kids too (which thankfully they all but wrote out of the show anyway).
    Last edited by Bball; 08-14-2012 at 08:42 PM.
    O'Brien has been fired! Yay! What took so long?

------

"A player who makes a team great is more valuable than a great player. Losing yourself in the group, for the good of the group, that’s teamwork."

-John Wooden

No this is the last season, dunno how they can stretch to two with Deb knowing.

Also, I guess last season sucked for me especially because I called the twist in the second or third ep.

Quote Originally Posted by Trader Joe View Post
    No this is the last season, dunno how they can stretch to two with Deb knowing.

Also, I guess last season sucked for me especially because I called the twist in the second or third ep.
    This seems to confirm what I thought... 2 more seasons. This is just season 7 correct?
    http://collider.com/dexter-final-season-8/175777/

------

"A player who makes a team great is more valuable than a great player. Losing yourself in the group, for the good of the group, that’s teamwork."

-John Wooden

streets ahead

bball is correct. When Showtime finalized the deal with Hall last fall it was for a seventh and eighth season. As for TJ's question... I'm a couple seasons behind (read: last time I watched an ep, Jimmy Smits was befriending Dex) so I can only speak hypothetically but it's possible that having a well defined end in mind will make for an improved final 24ish episodes.

21. The Following User Says Thank You to avoidingtheclowns For This Useful Post:

I also remember reading that they'd be doing cliffhangers, starting with last season, here on out. Which is something they hadn't done before.

------

-John Wooden

International Counter bellisimo's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by AesopRockOn View Post
    I was referring to Betty - should've said the lead character's wives for clarity

Quote Originally Posted by avoidingtheclowns View Post
    bball is correct. When Showtime finalized the deal with Hall last fall it was for a seventh and eighth season. As for TJ's question... I'm a couple seasons behind (read: last time I watched an ep, Jimmy Smits was befriending Dex) so I can only speak hypothetically but it's possible that having a well defined end in mind will make for an improved final 24ish episodes.
    You should at least watch through season 4. It's probably my favorite single season of any show. Ever.

John Lithgow is tremendous from beginning to end.

Shamefully, despite Dexter being one of my all time favorite shows, I haven't watched since that season. Season 5 began while I was in the process of moving and I got behind and haven't caught up. Since Showtime sucks and there are no streaming options, unlike every other premium channel, I guess I'll have to bite the bullet and buy the DVDs of seasons 5 & 6 so I can get up to speed.

-Lance Stephenson

Quote Originally Posted by Bball View Post
    This seems to confirm what I thought... 2 more seasons. This is just season 7 correct?
    http://collider.com/dexter-final-season-8/175777/
    Weird, I could have sworn this was the last season and that they were even marketing it as such for a while last year.

Quote Originally Posted by BRushWithDeath View Post
    You should at least watch through season 4. It's probably my favorite single season of any show. Ever.

John Lithgow is tremendous from beginning to end.

Shamefully, despite Dexter being one of my all time favorite shows, I haven't watched since that season. Season 5 began while I was in the process of moving and I got behind and haven't caught up. Since Showtime sucks and there are no streaming options, unlike every other premium channel, I guess I'll have to bite the bullet and buy the DVDs of seasons 5 & 6 so I can get up to speed.
    Just torrent them. Honestly, I'd tell you to skip most of last season and just watch the finale. 5 is alright though IMO, but I guess Bball and I have reversed opinions.

future dragon trainer Heisenberg's Avatar

Sports Logo

I quit watching Dexter a few seasons ago, had to trim the fat. But you guys know Dexter and Deb were married and when Julia Stiles guest starred she broke up their marriage? GOSSIP!

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

speaking of Dexter, Season 7 trailer came out today:

Seems like it could be good, definitely will be interested, seems like a foregone conclusion at this point that only one of Deb or Dex is going to make it out alive, but again I'm struggling to see how they can stretch this over two seasons. That trailer seems pretty "final" feeling