Page 123 of 185 FirstFirst ... 2373113119120121122123124125126127133173 ... LastLast
Results 3,051 to 3,075 of 4606

Thread: What TV Show Did You Last Watch

  1. #3051
    @SteaglesPD Steagles's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    The 502 and 317
    Age
    18
    Posts
    3,271
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default

    I just watched Pawn Stars for 3 hours. I love that show.


    Sent from #PacerNation using Tapatalk
    "What you do is so loud, I can't hear what you say" -Andrew Luck
    "If you turn the other cheek, I'm gonna hit you in the other cheek, too" -Charles Barkley
    Freshman at Louisville
    Follow me on Twitter @SteaglesPD
    1000th post - 4/16/12
    2000th post - 6/24/12
    3000th post - 3/8/13

  2. The Following User Says Thank You to Steagles For This Useful Post:


  3. #3052
    Member Constellations's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Indiana
    Posts
    1,979

    Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: What TV Show Did You Last Watch

    Anger Management
    Follow me at @Bluejbgold

  4. #3053
    I'm on a MAC! graphic-er's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    7,412

    Default Re: What TV Show Did You Last Watch

    Quote Originally Posted by Peck View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Newsroom is entertaining to a point but it has a lot of flaws that just really grate on me. Iím sorry but the idiotic burgeoning romance between Maggie & Jim just gets in the way every single week IMO. In fact I find that storyline part of it very annoying.

    Also while I originally liked his character the first week I have come to grow a strong dislike for Charlie Skinner. In fact his act in the boardroom with the meeting with Jane Fondaís character was just to over the top and cheesy for me.

    Also while I find the story line between Will & MacKenzie to also be annoying I donít dislike it nearly as much as I do the one between Maggie & Jim.

    I like the way Daniels is playing McAvoy.

    I guess I am with this show like I am with Mad Men, I like when they are at their jobs but I just have no interest in their off duty persona.

    Obviously anytime you are watching HBO in particular & Hollywood in general you have to know you are going to be treated to a heaping dose of liberal viewpoints, however I think where I am vastly disappointed here is that for whatever reason I was under the impression that they were going to try and at least pretend to be neutral. Well I guess their version of neutral is that McAvoy is a registered Republican but hates every Republican and any of their ideals.

    I donít want to make this just a political point here but frankly I hope that the DNC is giving these guys money to help with production cost because if not this is the biggest free advertisement in the history of TV.

    However in all fairness I do believe that this is probably very accurate to how newsrooms are run although that is just a guess on my part.
    No McAvoy is an old school republican who detests what the republican party has become over the last 8 years. There are actually alot out there just like him.
    He isn't a "conservative".

    Again I do not understand the criticisms of this show being liberally biased. I see it as a show that is playing itself out in the reality that was 2 years ago and is thus reacting to that on the basis of hindsight.

    So is it Liberal as in, its a show about a news organization and people who work in the news media are more likely to be liberal? Or is it Liberal as in the Producers have angled it this way because they have an agenda. Or is it Liberal because HBO demographics are mostly Liberal house holds? Or is it Liberal at all and is the perception of its Liberalness really just an accurate assessment of the events of the past 2 years as the way a news organization that was dealing with facts would report something?
    You can't get champagne from a garden hose.

  5. The Following User Says Thank You to graphic-er For This Useful Post:


  6. #3054
    Member Constellations's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Indiana
    Posts
    1,979

    Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: What TV Show Did You Last Watch

    Been on a huge Hoarders kick. But every time I watch, I just start trying to clean my already clean house.
    Follow me at @Bluejbgold

  7. #3055
    Administrator Peck's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    12,607

    Default Re: What TV Show Did You Last Watch

    Quote Originally Posted by graphic-er View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    No McAvoy is an old school republican who detests what the republican party has become over the last 8 years. There are actually alot out there just like him.
    He isn't a "conservative".

    Again I do not understand the criticisms of this show being liberally biased. I see it as a show that is playing itself out in the reality that was 2 years ago and is thus reacting to that on the basis of hindsight.

    So is it Liberal as in, its a show about a news organization and people who work in the news media are more likely to be liberal? Or is it Liberal as in the Producers have angled it this way because they have an agenda. Or is it Liberal because HBO demographics are mostly Liberal house holds? Or is it Liberal at all and is the perception of its Liberalness really just an accurate assessment of the events of the past 2 years as the way a news organization that was dealing with facts would report something?
    Obviously you already know this but I feel compelled to say it anyway. No McAvoy is not an old school Republican. He is a fictional character played by Jeff Daniels (a registered democrat) who may or may not have any input into what the character say’s but at the end of the day was created and written by Aaron Sorkin who is without a doubt a liberal Democrat.

    So forgive me if I don’t accept the view of a fictional character written by a liberal Democrat as being that of an old school republican. In other words the character Will McAvoy is a Republican like Aaron Sorkin would want him to be.

    Now as to the rest, look obviously you are coming at this from one point of view & I am coming at it from another.

    I am sure you will never be convinced that the show is liberal and I will never be convinced the show is at the very least moderate at this point in time, so there probably is no point even discussing it.

    Can we both at least not agree that the writing of the character for Maggie is poor at best? Honest to God every moment she is on the screen is almost like fingernails across a chalk board.

    I did like this weeks episode from a story point though, I even enjoyed Will’s trip to the Psychiatrist office.

    Also I will say one thing, a character that originally didn’t care for has now done a 180 & wish they would spend more time with is Don Keefer. Heck in fact I wish they would have Maggie dump him, run off with Jim & leave the show to start a talk show on MSNBC or something. This would leave more time for Don being on air.


    Basketball isn't played with computers, spreadsheets, and simulations. ChicagoJ 4/21/13

  8. #3056
    Member presto123's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Noblesville, IN.
    Posts
    3,165

    Default Re: What TV Show Did You Last Watch

    They should start a new TV show. Housewife Storage Unit Ghost Hunters. You know..............where middle age housewives investigate haunted storage units. I think it would go over

  9. #3057
    I'm on a MAC! graphic-er's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    7,412

    Default Re: What TV Show Did You Last Watch

    Quote Originally Posted by Peck View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Obviously you already know this but I feel compelled to say it anyway. No McAvoy is not an old school Republican. He is a fictional character played by Jeff Daniels (a registered democrat) who may or may not have any input into what the character say’s but at the end of the day was created and written by Aaron Sorkin who is without a doubt a liberal Democrat.

    So forgive me if I don’t accept the view of a fictional character written by a liberal Democrat as being that of an old school republican. In other words the character Will McAvoy is a Republican like Aaron Sorkin would want him to be.

    Now as to the rest, look obviously you are coming at this from one point of view & I am coming at it from another.

    I am sure you will never be convinced that the show is liberal and I will never be convinced the show is at the very least moderate at this point in time, so there probably is no point even discussing it.

    Can we both at least not agree that the writing of the character for Maggie is poor at best? Honest to God every moment she is on the screen is almost like fingernails across a chalk board.

    I did like this weeks episode from a story point though, I even enjoyed Will’s trip to the Psychiatrist office.

    Also I will say one thing, a character that originally didn’t care for has now done a 180 & wish they would spend more time with is Don Keefer. Heck in fact I wish they would have Maggie dump him, run off with Jim & leave the show to start a talk show on MSNBC or something. This would leave more time for Don being on air.
    There is nothing wrong with accepting the character that has been written, just because the writer does not share the same political views does not mean he can not write from a different mind set, saying otherwise would be branding Sorkin as an Amateur. He might have fired is whole writing staff, but certainly he used them to flesh out the characters.

    I don't find the writing for Maggie to be poor at all. She is obviously the comedic tragedy of the show. A young woman thrust into a new position, remember she was just Will's assistant before, trying to prove herself all while exposing her quirky flaws. My finance' and I both busted out in laughter at her bullet dodging scene. Now to contrast that with Don, I have honestly have no use for him on the show. Who is he supposed to be? He works on a completely different time slot yet finds himself always meddling with Newsnight? He will be off the show soon most likely, because the Jim and Maggie romance is happening.
    You can't get champagne from a garden hose.

  10. The Following User Says Thank You to graphic-er For This Useful Post:


  11. #3058
    You Did It Joseph!!!! AesopRockOn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    honolulu
    Age
    26
    Posts
    7,877
    Mood

    Default Re: What TV Show Did You Last Watch

    Just want to reiterate how great Breaking Bad has been so far. From expanding Mike's world to continuing Walt's evil to demonstrating Jesse's excrutiating despair, it's been everything I've wanted so far. This mini season is almost halfway done! This last episode hit a couple of things too on the nose for me, like the late-night movie or the look on the couch. But even then, the show milks those moments very effectively. And the new "location" is very creative. It's got a chance to pass The Wire.

    Via The Oatmeal.
    Spoiler Spoiler:
    Last edited by AesopRockOn; 07-30-2012 at 07:28 PM.

  12. #3059
    Administrator Peck's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    12,607

    Default Re: What TV Show Did You Last Watch

    Quote Originally Posted by graphic-er View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    There is nothing wrong with accepting the character that has been written, just because the writer does not share the same political views does not mean he can not write from a different mind set, saying otherwise would be branding Sorkin as an Amateur. He might have fired is whole writing staff, but certainly he used them to flesh out the characters.

    I don't find the writing for Maggie to be poor at all. She is obviously the comedic tragedy of the show. A young woman thrust into a new position, remember she was just Will's assistant before, trying to prove herself all while exposing her quirky flaws. My finance' and I both busted out in laughter at her bullet dodging scene. Now to contrast that with Don, I have honestly have no use for him on the show. Who is he supposed to be? He works on a completely different time slot yet finds himself always meddling with Newsnight? He will be off the show soon most likely, because the Jim and Maggie romance is happening.
    To each their own I guess.

    I just don't care for Jim/Maggie at all. I am ok with each character individually but can't stand them together.

    But I will give you this, I also thought the dodging bullets talk was funny.


    Basketball isn't played with computers, spreadsheets, and simulations. ChicagoJ 4/21/13

  13. #3060
    DIET COKE! Trader Joe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Troll Hunting
    Age
    26
    Posts
    30,860

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: What TV Show Did You Last Watch

    I mean Newsroom did point out that Clinton repealed Glass Steagall which so conveniently gets left out anytime anyone normally talks about the economic issues the country has faced over the past 4 years.

    ďWE NEVER SURRENDER, WE NEVER GIVE UP, WE KEEP ATTACKINGĒ- Frank Vogel
    momentarygodsblog.com https://twitter.com/momentarygods

  14. #3061
    I'm on a MAC! graphic-er's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    7,412

    Default Re: What TV Show Did You Last Watch

    Quote Originally Posted by Trader Joe View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I mean Newsroom did point out that Clinton repealed Glass Steagall which so conveniently gets left out anytime anyone normally talks about the economic issues the country has faced over the past 4 years.
    Exactly, they do a good job of approaching things from hindsight points of view. What do we know now, that wasn't covered then.
    You can't get champagne from a garden hose.

  15. #3062
    @SteaglesPD Steagles's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    The 502 and 317
    Age
    18
    Posts
    3,271
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: What TV Show Did You Last Watch

    I just watching pond stars again. I am really getting addicted to that show.
    "What you do is so loud, I can't hear what you say" -Andrew Luck
    "If you turn the other cheek, I'm gonna hit you in the other cheek, too" -Charles Barkley
    Freshman at Louisville
    Follow me on Twitter @SteaglesPD
    1000th post - 4/16/12
    2000th post - 6/24/12
    3000th post - 3/8/13

  16. #3063
    Member presto123's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Noblesville, IN.
    Posts
    3,165

    Default Re: What TV Show Did You Last Watch

    Quote Originally Posted by Steagles View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I just watching pond stars again. I am really getting addicted to that show.
    Pond Stars?

  17. #3064
    @SteaglesPD Steagles's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    The 502 and 317
    Age
    18
    Posts
    3,271
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by presto123 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Pond Stars?
    I bought mountain lion for my mac, and speech dictation is still a work in progress... Lol


    Sent from #PacerNation using Tapatalk
    "What you do is so loud, I can't hear what you say" -Andrew Luck
    "If you turn the other cheek, I'm gonna hit you in the other cheek, too" -Charles Barkley
    Freshman at Louisville
    Follow me on Twitter @SteaglesPD
    1000th post - 4/16/12
    2000th post - 6/24/12
    3000th post - 3/8/13

  18. #3065
    International Counter bellisimo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Budapest, Hungary
    Age
    31
    Posts
    9,106

    Default Re: What TV Show Did You Last Watch

    gone through Justified Season 2 - very good season - jumping to Season 3 now
    Latest season of Breaking Bad - great to see the show still hold up to the same high quality

  19. #3066
    can't wait to see this v Heisenberg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    12,327

    Sports Logo

    Default Re: What TV Show Did You Last Watch

    Breaking Bad's more than earned my benefit of the doubt by now, but if they don't broach the fact that Mike is under current DEA investigation for being the right hand of the biggest drug kingpin in the history of the southwest, and cruising the ABQ with a known criminal lawyer, and a former suspect in Jesse, and Hank's brother in law, then it's just sloppy. It's early, I'm more than willing to see if he is in fact under immense surveillence and that plays into Walt now being from New Hampshire.

    But if not, that's just downright sloppy.

  20. #3067
    Well lubricated Skaut_Ech's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    2,389

    Default Re: What TV Show Did You Last Watch

    Quote Originally Posted by Peck View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Can we both at least not agree that the writing of the character for Maggie is poor at best? Honest to God every moment she is on the screen is almost like fingernails across a chalk board.

    I did like this weeks episode from a story point though, I even enjoyed Willís trip to the Psychiatrist office.

    Also I will say one thing, a character that originally didnít care for has now done a 180 & wish they would spend more time with is Don Keefer. Heck in fact I wish they would have Maggie dump him, run off with Jim & leave the show to start a talk show on MSNBC or something. This would leave more time for Don being on air.
    What has struck me about Maggie is how inconsistent her character is. One week she indecisive and unfocused, the next she's a take charge tiger. (I'm thinking of how she acted during Valentine's day.) I told my wife from day one i can't stand her.....and she hasn't grown on me. I agree %100 about Don. I, too, have done a 180 about him. You get the feeling there's a story behind why he is the way he is. There's some unexpected layers to that guy. I know it's an ensemble show, but I really wish they would do something with Olivia Munn. I feel like she is really being wasted.
    Hey! What're you kicking me for? You want me to ask? All right, I'll ask! Ma'am, where do the high school girls hang out in this town?

  21. #3068
    You Did It Joseph!!!! AesopRockOn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    honolulu
    Age
    26
    Posts
    7,877
    Mood

    Default Re: What TV Show Did You Last Watch

    The past month or so I've seen the BBC series Sherlock and Luther, two series (seasons) each. Sherlock is really great with tons of flaws but twice as many brilliantly creative moments. It makes the current Richie movies look infantile. As great as RDJ is at acting, Benedict Cumberbatch just brings such a perfect contemporary presence to the character, and Martin Freeman balances him out perfectly. It can get overly twisty, though they tend to pull it off. Immensely entertaining mini-movie series that always starts and finishes really strong.

    Luther on the other hand fluctuates between being really boring and useless to scarily suspenseful. Stringer Bell tries his absolute best but the show is beset by too many forty-degree scripts. When the show is in suspense-mode, it's very entertaining, but when it's looking at the case-of-the-week or a non-Alice subplot, it's excruciatingly boring. If it finds worthwhile 'B' stories, it could be pretty good.

  22. #3069
    @SteaglesPD Steagles's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    The 502 and 317
    Age
    18
    Posts
    3,271
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: What TV Show Did You Last Watch

    Futurama... Dr. Zoidberg is awesome!
    "What you do is so loud, I can't hear what you say" -Andrew Luck
    "If you turn the other cheek, I'm gonna hit you in the other cheek, too" -Charles Barkley
    Freshman at Louisville
    Follow me on Twitter @SteaglesPD
    1000th post - 4/16/12
    2000th post - 6/24/12
    3000th post - 3/8/13

  23. #3070
    Well lubricated Skaut_Ech's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    2,389

    Default Re: What TV Show Did You Last Watch

    Quote Originally Posted by AesopRockOn View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    The past month or so I've seen the BBC series Sherlock and Luther, two series (seasons) each. Sherlock is really great with tons of flaws but twice as many brilliantly creative moments. It makes the current Richie movies look infantile. As great as RDJ is at acting, Benedict Cumberbatch just brings such a perfect contemporary presence to the character, and Martin Freeman balances him out perfectly. It can get overly twisty, though they tend to pull it off. Immensely entertaining mini-movie series that always starts and finishes really strong.

    Luther on the other hand fluctuates between being really boring and useless to scarily suspenseful. Stringer Bell tries his absolute best but the show is beset by too many forty-degree scripts. When the show is in suspense-mode, it's very entertaining, but when it's looking at the case-of-the-week or a non-Alice subplot, it's excruciatingly boring. If it finds worthwhile 'B' stories, it could be pretty good.
    I freaking LOVE all of those shows. BBC has some really great stuff. To bad Americans don't bother to look at them unless we make some kind of inferior remake. "Boring"? Aww, come on. Luther himself makes it fascinating for me, no matter what he's doing. I started watching The Hours, too, but got behind after the first three episodes. Nice to see someone else giving these shows a chance.
    Hey! What're you kicking me for? You want me to ask? All right, I'll ask! Ma'am, where do the high school girls hang out in this town?

  24. #3071
    streets ahead
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    DC
    Age
    30
    Posts
    5,754

    Default Re: What TV Show Did You Last Watch

    Quote Originally Posted by Skaut_Ech View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    In my opinion, Justified got better and better, with last season being one of the best shows on TV easily. At no point can you ever guess what's going to happen next and Olyphant is phenominal. Stick with it. You will be rewarded.
    Agreed. Haven't seen season 3 yet, but the second season was fantastic.

    Quote Originally Posted by Skaut_Ech View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Psych quit being good years ago.
    Apparently you're not a fan of delicious flavor.

    Quote Originally Posted by Skaut_Ech View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I've been watching Common Law. It's good, but needs some umph! It's entertaining, kinda pedestrian, in a way. Suits has actually been pretty enjoyable to me, after I gave up on it halfway through the season last year. I'm looking forward to Political Animals as my replacement for the defunct, Dirty, Sexy, Money.
    Common Law ... It has the same problem that Fairly Legal and Covert Affairs - engaging leads, weak most everything else. FL and CA also have two of the worst opening credits sequences in television history.

    Suits ... The opposite of how you described Justified - a show that (at least in season 1) was painfully predictable. If you saw the pilot, you knew exactly what the season finale was going to be: Mike's world will be threatened and will start crumbling around him because he doesn't have a degree. I'm willing to see where it's going in season 2, because the cast is pretty good (not White Collar excellent, but good) but if they keep beating this same drum...

    Political Animals ... After three eps I'm holding at meh. I've liked Weaver, Gugino and Wolk in other things but this just isn't working for me.


    Quote Originally Posted by Heisenberg View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    It's another show that Tim Olyphant "leads" where he's almost the weakest link. I like the guy, but talk about one note.
    Heisenberg is the Dewey Crowe of this thread.
    Last edited by avoidingtheclowns; 08-02-2012 at 03:50 PM.

  25. #3072
    streets ahead
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    DC
    Age
    30
    Posts
    5,754

    Default Re: What TV Show Did You Last Watch

    Quote Originally Posted by Skaut_Ech View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I freaking LOVE all of those shows. BBC has some really great stuff. To bad Americans don't bother to look at them unless we make some kind of inferior remake. "Boring"? Aww, come on. Luther himself makes it fascinating for me, no matter what he's doing. I started watching The Hours, too, but got behind after the first three episodes. Nice to see someone else giving these shows a chance.
    I watched the first series for The Hour and Luther last December. Enjoyed The Hour quite a bit; wanted to enjoy Luther way more than I did. I agree with both of you about Elba, but side with Aesop on the rest of the show not Luther-specific.

    Haven't seen Sherlock, yet.

  26. #3073
    can't wait to see this v Heisenberg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    12,327

    Sports Logo

    Default Re: What TV Show Did You Last Watch

    Quote Originally Posted by avoidingtheclowns View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Heisenberg is the Dewey Crowe of this thread.
    This is a compliment. Dewey's a great character. "You mean I got four kidneys?!"

  27. #3074
    Member spreedom's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Minnesota
    Age
    29
    Posts
    2,550

    Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: What TV Show Did You Last Watch

    I think Olyphant is by far the highlight of Justified. Walton Goggins is great, as well, but he's great for a lot of his over-the-top qualities and performances, while I don't think anyone is consistently good at all of the little things as Olyphant.

  28. #3075
    Member jeffg-body's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Anderson, IN
    Posts
    3,425
    Mood

    Default Re: What TV Show Did You Last Watch

    Watching UFC Unleashed right now. JUst saw Matt Hughes get knocked out by Koscheck.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •