Page 112 of 185 FirstFirst ... 1262102108109110111112113114115116122162 ... LastLast
Results 2,776 to 2,800 of 4606

Thread: What TV Show Did You Last Watch

Banned

Default Re: What TV Show Did You Last Watch

"gold Rush" "moonshiners" "hell pawnshop" "American pickers" the other pawnshop show in Vegas, "laddy hoggers" just to name few.

Nerd.
    Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by Peck View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    It'll be rough to do this because there is so much but to make it easier can you tell me what you know about Tait? He's the blond kid who the Husband was seeing as a patient.

What was the last thing you saw about him, because that is really where the story will evolve.
    That's ok; I can search for spoilers on some other sites. I figured it would have been somewhat complex. The last thing I saw about him was the school shooting episode.

Quote Originally Posted by Peck View Post
    American Horror Story season finale, um......what the hell did I just watch?
    I think we just saw a very unique series evolving. The fact that most of the cast will not be back in current roles raises many possibilities and new angles. However, if they do not bring Jessica Lange back, I will be disappointed. She had some of the most memorable and juicy lines, and she delivered them exceptionally. Testimony to that was her Golden Globe nomination.

I don't know when AHS will be coming back for season 2, but thankfully, there are only 7 more weeks until Walking Dead returns for the second part of the season.

Yeah... I was watching American Horror Story the other night and I was just thinking about what a fantastic acting job Jessica Lange has put in on that show. I'm glad to hear she got a GG nomination. Well deserved.

I can't tell you whether I 'liked' the show or not. I was compelled to view it but can't say I was 'enjoying' it per se'. I just found myself fascinated by the fact there's really nothing else like it on TV and curious where it was headed.

To reassign actors and change the setting for season 2 is a neat concept. Not sure how it will play out but I like the idea of it in theory.
    Nuntius was right. I was wrong. Frank Vogel has retained his job.

------

"A player who makes a team great is more valuable than a great player. Losing yourself in the group, for the good of the group, that’s teamwork."

-John Wooden

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Bball For This Useful Post:

You Did It Joseph!!!! AesopRockOn's Avatar
    Mood

Season finale of Boardwalk Empire. A great second season that built upon what the first did. The show deserves to come under fire for not having very relatable characters, but they are still quite interesting and most of the events involving politics and power plays in the Prohibition Era are still intriguing. It will be interesting to see where the writers choose to go after
    Spoiler Spoiler:
    Overall, a very strong season of TV. BE may actually be underappreciated at this point, based on some year-end lists I've read. I'm a little worried about the third season just because it is a show (like The Sopranos with twice the ambition) with such an ensemble of characters, themes, and locations that it will continue to be difficult to bring everything together naturally. I still greatly look forward to it.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to AesopRockOn For This Useful Post:

Mood

Metacritic breaks down the top choices for 2011 TV shows from critics:

1 Breaking Bad (AMC)
    2 Homeland (Showtime)
    3 Louie (FX)
    4 Downton Abbey (PBS)
    Parks and Recreation (NBC)
    6 Game of Thrones (HBO)
    7 Friday Night Lights (DirecTV/NBC)
    Justified (FX)
    9 Community (NBC)
    10 The Good Wife (CBS)
    11 Enlightened (HBO)
    Modern Family (ABC)
    13 The Walking Dead (AMC)
    Boardwalk Empire (HBO)
    Revenge (ABC)
    American Horror Story (FX)
    17 Happy Endings (ABC)
    18 Awkward. (MTV)
    19 Mildred Pierce (HBO)
    Portlandia (IFC)
    The Big Bang Theory (CBS)
    Men of a Certain Age (TNT)
    Fringe (Fox)

The article has all of the publications, authors, and their lists at the bottom. I'd personally put Game of Thrones at the top of the list. No other show created its own genre this season. The Big Bang Theory over 30 Rock, The League, Always Sunny, and Archer in terms of comedy may ruffle some feathers.

Despite no Mad Men, TV is still unequivocally kicking the **** out of Hollywood. This will probably not lead to much change though I hope it could.

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Finally caught up on the current season of Big Bang Theory. What a great show.

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Shade For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Shade View Post
    Finally caught up on the current season of Big Bang Theory. What a great show.
    Doesnt it bother anyone else that a waitress can afford the same apartment as two physicists?

Quote Originally Posted by AesopRockOn View Post
    Season finale of Boardwalk Empire. A great second season that built upon what the first did. The show deserves to come under fire for not having very relatable characters, but they are still quite interesting and most of the events involving politics and power plays in the Prohibition Era are still intriguing. It will be interesting to see where the writers choose to go after
    Spoiler Spoiler:
    Overall, a very strong season of TV. BE may actually be underappreciated at this point, based on some year-end lists I've read. I'm a little worried about the third season just because it is a show (like The Sopranos with twice the ambition) with such an ensemble of characters, themes, and locations that it will continue to be difficult to bring everything together naturally. I still greatly look forward to it.
    I've been meaning to write about the season finale of B.E.

To be honest with you I'm conflicted. On the one hand it is nice to get Knucky some real actual hands on work (if you saw the ending you know what I mean) but on the other hand I really feel like several moments over the past two seasons have honestly been a waste of time.

I have to wonder if this was planned from the beginning or if they just felt like it wasn't working and needed to make a change.

I understand why they did if the later was the choice. But again the entire Lesbian, son, whore/mother, father thing was just a big giant waste of time.

Time that would have been much better served being given to Nelson, Chalky or even Knucky's brother.

Honestly I was not that overall thrilled with season 2 to begin with and the ending, while well done, just left me with an overall sense of "what a waste of time this has been". Not about the show overall but the amount of time that they dealt with that group.

Basketball isn't played with computers, spreadsheets, and simulations. ChicagoJ 4/21/13

Quote Originally Posted by ilive4sports View Post
    Doesnt it bother anyone else that a waitress can afford the same apartment as two physicists?
    Not really. She's struggled to pay the rent more than once, and she mooches wi-fi, food, etc. from Sheldon and Leonard frequently.

Not to mention all the expensive money-sink hobbies and scientific experiments Sheldon and Leonard partake in.

NCIS

2 Broke Girls

Good God, this show is awful.

International Counter bellisimo's Avatar

Started the first season of Necessary Roughness - I like it for what it is.

Quote Originally Posted by Shade View Post
    2 Broke Girls

Good God, this show is awful.
    I tried watching the pilot and couldn't get through it. I saw the beginning of it last night (about the tampons) and knew I wasn't missing anything.

Come to the Dark Side -- There's cookies!

18. The Following User Says Thank You to Kegboy For This Useful Post:

Mood

Community will be back in the spring!

The big question is will NBC or any other network pick it up for a fourth season? I'm a little pessimistic, but hopeful.

20. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to AesopRockOn For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by ilive4sports View Post
    Not at all. Most physicists don't make as much money as you'd think. Many waitresses can make more than you'd think!

started season two of Rome

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Watched the Shameless season premiere on Sunday. Enjoyed it.

“WE NEVER SURRENDER, WE NEVER GIVE UP, WE KEEP ATTACKING”- Frank Vogel
    momentarygodsblog.com https://twitter.com/momentarygods

I tried watching The Firm. I got as far as him running down the steps of the Lincoln Memorial and then all of a sudden being in front of the Capitol Building and said, "Yep, this isn't for me."
    Come to the Dark Side -- There's cookies!

Quote Originally Posted by Kegboy View Post
    I tried watching The Firm. I got as far as him running down the steps of the Lincoln Memorial and then all of a sudden being in front of the Capitol Building and said, "Yep, this isn't for me."

I tried to watch it on and off and it seemed boring. Pretty good cast, but the writing and plot seems like who cares.

Too bad, it is probably a pretty expensive show.

The ratings were horrible for the premiere and last night, so it won't last long.

The Firm was a decent movie an OK book, but I just don't know why anyone ever though it should be made into a TV show

streets ahead

Quote Originally Posted by Unclebuck View Post
    Too bad, it is probably a pretty expensive show.
    Interesting that you bring that up...

Why NBC's 'The Firm' Won't Get Canceled
    Dorothy Pomerantz, Forbes Staff

The network television business is tough. Studios buy dozens of scripts each season, spend millions to turn some of those scripts into pilot episodes and then put a few of those pilots onto TV. When a show finally makes it on-air, it needs to do well fast or else it can expect a quick death. Just look at the shows that were quickly canceled this season like The Playboy Club, Free Agents and How to be a Gentleman.

One show that stands a good chance of making it though is the mid-season NBC addition The Firm. Based on the 1993 movie starring Tom Cruise (which was based on a popular John Grisham novel), the show premiers January 8th. It picks up ten years after the Cruise movie as lawyer Mitch McDeere, played by Josh Lucas, takes a job at another mysterious law film.

So far reviews for the show have been decent. It earns a 67 out of 100 on Metacritic, a site that aggregates reviews from around the country. Entertainment Weekly critic Melissa Maerz says, “The Firm‘s straightforward, one-man-against-the-system story still feels compelling.”

But in this case, the reviews won’t really affect whether or not the show stays on the air. In fact ratings will barely matter. That’s because Sony’s Television Network division, which is producing the show, has already committed to a full 22-episode season of The Firm.

It’s not necessarily that Sony has that much more faith in The Firm than in any other show it produces but that the show was financed using a new model that could influence the way TV shows are developed and financed going forward.

The idea for the show came from a production company called Entertainment One which also produces AMC’s Hell on Wheels. Sony was looking for original content for its overseas networks like AXN in Asia, Japan, Europe and Latin America. Normally those networks are secondary buyers of shows like Hawaii Five-O and Teen Wolf.

So Sony’s Television Networks division partnered with Entertainment One to produce The Firm. But instead of buying a script or even a pilot, Sony’s international networks paid upfront licensing fees for the right to air an entire season of the show. Entertainment One then presold the rights to the show in territories not covered by Sony’s networks.

It’s not unusual to pay for an entire season of a show outside of the U.S. where shows are rarely canceled before the end of the first season. But it’s unheard of domestically where a show will start with an order for as few as six shows and the order will increase from there if ratings are good or decrease if the ratings are bad.

Normally when a network like NBC buys a show, it pays a licensing fee covering roughly 70% of the cost of production. The production company carries a deficit for the remaining cost which it tries to cover by reselling the show in territories outside of the U.S. and selling it into syndication. Those secondary buyers pay a much-reduced licensing fee.

In the case of The Firm, when Sony and Entertainment One went to NBC with the show, almost the entire cost of production had already been covered by the international pre-sales and by tax credits the production would earn from shooting in Canada.

So NBC was able to pick up the show like a secondary buyer would, for a greatly reduced licensing fee.

That means that the network will have a much easier time turning a profit on the show than it would for something it was the primary broadcaster on. If viewership turns out to be less than expected and if future ad rates slip, it won’t matter too much because NBC’s costs on the show will be so much lower.

“This model makes a lot of sense,” says Andy Kaplan, president of worldwide networks at Sony Pictures Television. “It really helps to diversify risks and that’s important in the environment we’re living in.”

Going forward Kaplan says he expects shows to be made more with an eye toward a global audience than for just a U.S. or U.K. or German audience. Those kinds of shows will be able to replicate the model Sony is using for The Firm.

That could be a boon for cash strapped networks that are struggling to find shows that work. If The Firm turns out to be a hit, it will be a bonus for fourth-place NBC.

(FORBES)

27. The Following User Says Thank You to avoidingtheclowns For This Useful Post:

Mad Men. Just started watching this show. Brilliant. I am on season 3.

Finished ROME - great show - worth a watch if you haven't seen it yet.

Just started first season of Deadwood

So the Giants/Packers game threw off Fox's schedule a bit and I caught a part of Napoleon Dynamite before Family Guy came on. All I have to say is what the hell is Fox thinking? This would have been funny maybe 7 years ago. What I really want to know who in their right mind would find this show funny.

Now Family Guy last night had me laughing for most of it. I love the episodes that center around Brian and Stewie.

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Shameless Episode 2

“WE NEVER SURRENDER, WE NEVER GIVE UP, WE KEEP ATTACKING”- Frank Vogel
    momentarygodsblog.com https://twitter.com/momentarygods