Page 111 of 190 FirstFirst ... 1161101107108109110111112113114115121161 ... LastLast
Results 2,751 to 2,775 of 4740

Thread: What TV Show Did You Last Watch

International Counter bellisimo's Avatar

Default Re: What TV Show Did You Last Watch

has anyone watched any good "new" shows that started this season that they would recommend?

Anything similar to Men of a Certain Age style programming maybe?

Although I don't like it nearly as well as I used to, I still watch The Office every week. And I must say that last week's episode was the best one in about 2 years. Mrs. California. - seems like it has been a few years since a good episode

I like the New Girl a lot. But I'm a huge Zooey Deschanel fan.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to rexnom For This Useful Post:

OK... I've been a little more forgiving of Dexter this season than some of you. And I still say we need to see things play out to really get a feel for where the series is at. BUT.... I'm having my doubts. They just keep writing things into the story and the implausible stuff is really adding up.

Spoiler Spoiler:

I know we've been talking about the show having a lot of stuff to tie up and very few episodes left to do it (one more to be exact) but I was reading an interview with one of the show's honchos and apparently for the last 3 seasons (this and the next 2) they are going to do more things that tie together from one season to the next. Previously, each season pretty much wrapped up except for the 'life goes on for the people who survive the season' aspects. No real season ending cliffhangers.

I guess that could be changing. I still think they plan on ending the 'big bad' story arcs each season and bringing that to a season ending conclusion but apparently things like the curious Lewis/Louis storyline could rollover. The same goes with the dead prostitute storyline and chief Mathews and Laquarta (sp?). ...And this Deb and Dexter thing could play into it too...

IOW, don't be surprised next Sunday night if the show ends on an uncharacteristic cliffhanger or at least ends with some large open questions.
    Nuntius was right. I was wrong. Frank Vogel has retained his job.

------

"A player who makes a team great is more valuable than a great player. Losing yourself in the group, for the good of the group, that’s teamwork."

-John Wooden

You Did It Joseph!!!! AesopRockOn's Avatar
    Mood

Homeland is by far the best new show I've seen this season. I haven't seen anything good from a comedy standpoint.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to AesopRockOn For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by Bball View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    OK... I've been a little more forgiving of Dexter this season than some of you. And I still say we need to see things play out to really get a feel for where the series is at. BUT.... I'm having my doubts. They just keep writing things into the story and the implausible stuff is really adding up.

Spoiler Spoiler:

I know we've been talking about the show having a lot of stuff to tie up and very few episodes left to do it (one more to be exact) but I was reading an interview with one of the show's honchos and apparently for the last 3 seasons (this and the next 2) they are going to do more things that tie together from one season to the next. Previously, each season pretty much wrapped up except for the 'life goes on for the people who survive the season' aspects. No real season ending cliffhangers.

I guess that could be changing. I still think they plan on ending the 'big bad' story arcs each season and bringing that to a season ending conclusion but apparently things like the curious Lewis/Louis storyline could rollover. The same goes with the dead prostitute storyline and chief Mathews and Laquarta (sp?). ...And this Deb and Dexter thing could play into it too...

IOW, don't be surprised next Sunday night if the show ends on an uncharacteristic cliffhanger or at least ends with some large open questions.

I'm expecting that as well, seems like we are heading towards the first cliff hanger Dexter ending.

Spoiler Spoiler:
    Last edited by Trader Joe; 12-12-2011 at 10:22 AM.

“WE NEVER SURRENDER, WE NEVER GIVE UP, WE KEEP ATTACKING”- Frank Vogel
    momentarygodsblog.com https://twitter.com/momentarygods

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Trader Joe For This Useful Post:

It wouldn't surprise me if Dexter's son didn't survive some situation with one of Dexter's enemies. I think the kid gets in the way of the writing more than helps fill out Dexter's character. Even as the season has went along the kid has just been shuffled off to the babysitter and forgotten as other things went on. But OTOH, would they really kill a kid off? If they did decide he was more trouble than he's worth to the story it sure wouldn't be a leap to have Dexter decide the only way to protect him is just to give him up for adoption... Or shuffle him off with the step kids and in-laws never to be heard from again.

Heh... what soap opera was it that sent the kids off to their bedroom in one episode and then just wrote them out of the script never to be heard from again....

------

"A player who makes a team great is more valuable than a great player. Losing yourself in the group, for the good of the group, that’s teamwork."

-John Wooden

It wouldn't surprise me if Dexter's son didn't survive some situation with one of Dexter's enemies. I think the kid gets in the way of the writing more than helps fill out Dexter's character. Even as the season has went along the kid has just been shuffled off to the babysitter and forgotten as other things went on. But OTOH, would they really kill a kid off? If they did decide he was more trouble than he's worth to the story it sure wouldn't be a leap to have Dexter decide the only way to protect him is just to give him up for adoption... Or shuffle him off with the step kids and in-laws never to be heard from again.

Heh... what soap opera was it that sent the kids off to their bedroom in one episode and then just wrote them out of the script never to be heard from again....
    I don't know about a soap but way back when Happy Days had the older brother Chuck dribble the basketball up the stairs never to be heard from or about again.

As to this season, my real regret is that they held back Collin Hanks. For Gods sake if he were playing this bad @ss character we saw last week then I think we would have had a much better season. In fact while I like Olmos's character I now totally believe that it was a distraction and that Hank's character could have been second only to Trinity as far as equal villains.

But overall they need to really refresh the entire Son angle, well either that or I need to stop being so picky about timelines etc. You know kind of like how I doubt that this babysitter is willing to stay every night till 4 or 5 in the morning and not care.

Still a good show & in fact I have liked the last two episodes far more than the rest of the season, but I am really dissapointed with what I consider sloppy story telling when it comes to suspending disbelief.

Basketball isn't played with computers, spreadsheets, and simulations. ChicagoJ 4/21/13

Mood

Married With Children- Al Bundy is my man.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to jeffg-body For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Peck View Post

But overall they need to really refresh the entire Son angle, well either that or I need to stop being so picky about timelines etc. You know kind of like how I doubt that this babysitter is willing to stay every night till 4 or 5 in the morning and not care.
    I agree about the Travis character. Much deeper than earlier episodes had me thinking he'd be.

And the point about the babysitter and the kid is the exact stuff I'm talking about. Even if you allow the reach that the babysitter would be fine staying late you'd have to think she'd get curious about Dexter's nocturnal activities. Even if she was naive enough to believe it's police related you'd think she'd say something to her brother (Batista) in passing about the hours Dexter puts in... which would set the wheels in motion of people wondering what he's up to.

Then besides that there's been the episodes where Dexter had time to stake out and kill someone and then get back in time to put the kid to bed. Either the kid stays up awfully late or Dexter had to squeeze a lot out of the first couple hours after sundown.

------

-John Wooden

Nerd.
    Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Dexter

Spoiler Spoiler:

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Spoiler Spoiler:

“WE NEVER SURRENDER, WE NEVER GIVE UP, WE KEEP ATTACKING”- Frank Vogel
    momentarygodsblog.com https://twitter.com/momentarygods

Dexter....
    I was fine with the ending and overall I liked this season much better than last season. It wasn't on par with Season 4 but that's going to be hard to top. I thought they played out the ending nicely. The things they tied up tied up alright (nothing has struck me as odd anyway... maybe someone else caught an inconsistency?). And as already been mentioned.... Dexter was most likely ending with a cliffhanger this season.

I was thinking afterwards that would've been a cool ending to the series even. No real closure necessarily... just showing you things just took a turn and leaving the rest up to the imagination of the viewer.

Spoiler Spoiler:

------

-John Wooden

Homeland

This is a show I want to like but the pacing is just brutal. I thought these last 2 or 3 episodes was picking up the pace a little and staying more with the action rather than side-tracking on personal drama that had nothing to do with the story... But tonight I kinda felt robbed with the season ending payoff...

Spoiler Spoiler:

------

-John Wooden

19. The Following User Says Thank You to Bball For This Useful Post:

International Counter bellisimo's Avatar

Dexter - better than expected...can say this season was a roller coaster of a ride as there was way too many things going on at once - all of them feeling like distractions...but im glad it ended the way it did for the season...looking forward to the next one.

You Did It Joseph!!!! AesopRockOn's Avatar
    Mood

Homeland

This is a show I want to like but the pacing is just brutal. I thought these last 2 or 3 episodes was picking up the pace a little and staying more with the action rather than side-tracking on personal drama that had nothing to do with the story... But tonight I kinda felt robbed with the season ending payoff...

Spoiler Spoiler:
    I think you're either misreading the intention of the show or just having expectations that aren't going to play out. The show is primarily character driven so the drama and personal conflict is absolutely essential to what's happening. Them doing what you're describing to Brody would strip away all of the intricate, detailed character work that the writers and Lewis have done. The show is interested in not taking the easy way out (like 180 degree turns) and in showing the dark places that can come about when difficult situations arise.

I've seen complaints that the show is too ambiguous, not really trying to take a side or have resolution. Personally I love shows that do this (I mean, did you feel resolved at the end of the season four of The Wire?), but there's nothing wrong with not digging a particular piece of entertainment.

I guess the political comment is in the spoilers so no one has seen it but it's quite out of place for this board, even if you're being facetious.

22. The Following User Says Thank You to AesopRockOn For This Useful Post:

My problem and only problem with Homeland (keep in mind I have the last 3 episodes on my DVR still to watch) is that the character driven part of it is just not very well done, not well written. Several of the same people work on this show that also worked on 24. They just aren't good at the character part of it. 24 was good because it was extremely faced paced and they did very little character stuff.

if the makers of the Wire or Breaking Bad were to do a Homeland type show I'm sure the character stuff would be great.

My point is I like character stuff - it adds to the drama - but it has to be done well

24. The Following User Says Thank You to Unclebuck For This Useful Post:

I started White Collar on Netflix. Anyone else enjoying the show? I've only seen the first episode. It was good, but I have a feeling this show is going to lose steam rather fast.
    With the #3 pick in the 2015 draft, your Indiana Pacers!

Quote Originally Posted by Sparhawk View Post
    I started White Collar on Netflix. Anyone else enjoying the show? I've only seen the first episode. It was good, but I have a feeling this show is going to lose steam rather fast.
    I think I felt the same way, but it holds up. In fact, when I think back on the first season, I'd say it gets a lot better.

That said, it's a typical USA show. What you see is what you get.
    Come to the Dark Side -- There's cookies!

Quote Originally Posted by Kegboy View Post
    I think I felt the same way, but it holds up. In fact, when I think back on the first season, I'd say it gets a lot better.

That said, it's a typical USA show. What you see is what you get.
    I don't mind, Psych is my favorite show on tv right now.
    With the #3 pick in the 2015 draft, your Indiana Pacers!

American Horror Story season finale, um......what the hell did I just watch?

So in a nutshell the story went from scary ghosts to Beetlejuise?

Freaky weird show all the way around & I'm glad I watched but I'm not sure that this is a series that can sustain another year. In fact if they are going to go the Beetlejuice route I think it's safe to say that this show will sink fast.

On the other hand if they make that kid out to be the anti-christ that could be interesting. Either way this is one messed up show (I mean that in a good way).

Basketball isn't played with computers, spreadsheets, and simulations. ChicagoJ 4/21/13

29. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Peck For This Useful Post:

Homeland

Spoiler Spoiler:
    Your spoiler says how I feel. I want to like this show & I did enjoy it, but at the end of the day they needed to close a chapter or change a chapter and not just adjust a chapter.

Weak ending to a pretty good season.

31. The Following User Says Thank You to Peck For This Useful Post:

Nerd.
    Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by Peck View Post
    American Horror Story season finale, um......what the hell did I just watch?

So in a nutshell the story went from scary ghosts to Beetlejuise?

Freaky weird show all the way around & I'm glad I watched but I'm not sure that this is a series that can sustain another year. In fact if they are going to go the Beetlejuice route I think it's safe to say that this show will sink fast.

On the other hand if they make that kid out to be the anti-christ that could be interesting. Either way this is one messed up show (I mean that in a good way).
    Can you spoil this for me (with spoiler tags of course)? I watched the first few episodes, then life got hectic, and I am not going to have the time to go back and watch episodes in the next few months. I'd like to know exactly what occurred. Please?

Hey, I'm under the arrow drewdawg's Avatar

Sounds like each season of American Horror Story will be a stand alone story.

http://www.tvline.com/2011/12/americ...on-2-spoilers/

Spoiler Spoiler:

34. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to drewdawg For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Stryder View Post
    Can you spoil this for me (with spoiler tags of course)? I watched the first few episodes, then life got hectic, and I am not going to have the time to go back and watch episodes in the next few months. I'd like to know exactly what occurred. Please?
    It'll be rough to do this because there is so much but to make it easier can you tell me what you know about Tait? He's the blond kid who the Husband was seeing as a patient.

What was the last thing you saw about him, because that is really where the story will evolve.