Page 109 of 185 FirstFirst ... 95999105106107108109110111112113119159 ... LastLast
Results 2,701 to 2,725 of 4618

Thread: What TV Show Did You Last Watch

Nerd.
    Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Default Re: What TV Show Did You Last Watch

Anyone watch the premiere episode of Hell on Wheels?

Meant to, but forgot to set the DVR and amazingly I noticed no repeats from Monday on. Don't feel like spending $3 to watch it.

Quote Originally Posted by Stryder View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Anyone watch the premiere episode of Hell on Wheels?
    Yea I watched it.

I thought it was fairly well done. Nowhere near as good as Deadwood (it will be hard for any show to come close to that) but overall it seems like something worth recording.

Basketball isn't played with computers, spreadsheets, and simulations. ChicagoJ 4/21/13

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Peck For This Useful Post:

The light, not the lie. kester99's Avatar
    Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

I didn't care for the Hell on Wheels. Loved Deadwood....totally agree w/ Peck on that one.

Too much drooling, peeing, and bloody close-ups on HoW so far. I'm sure viewers have vomit, horse poop, and explosive snot blowing to look forward to. It seems to be how some directors reach for 'realism.'
    [~]) ... Cheers! Go Pacers!

International Counter bellisimo's Avatar

Latest episodes of Dexter and The Walking Dead

good stuff!

You Did It Joseph!!!! AesopRockOn's Avatar
    Mood

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Wait what? What did it say?

Quote Originally Posted by Hicks View Post
    Spoiler Spoiler:
    Spoiler Spoiler:

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Just saw what you meant on AV Club. Boo-urns.

Dexter
    Spoiler Spoiler:

In any case... Dexter season 6 is making up for the lackluster season 5 and has been a much better followup to the great season 4. ...IMHO.... YMMV....
    Nuntius was right. I was wrong. Frank Vogel has retained his job.

------

"A player who makes a team great is more valuable than a great player. Losing yourself in the group, for the good of the group, that’s teamwork."

-John Wooden

Sports Logo Sports Logo

A few episodes into a Justified season 1 marathon. Definitely my favorite current TV series.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to spreedom For This Useful Post:

My Must See TV:

Mondays---Terra Nova (Great show to watch with my kid)
    Wed----American Horror Story (I'm hooked)
    Thursday---Beavis and Butt-head
    Friday---Grimm
    Sunday---Walking Dead

Love how AHS is evolving. B&B, what can I say? Watch the Tech Support episode and tell me you didn't laugh hard. Walking Dead writing is very good. I love the way they are using the lost girl as a mechanism to develop the plot with the country folk.

Sons of Anarchy.

Damn this is a freaking good show. I'm ashamed that I didn't start watching it until this year. I can't believe what I've been missing out on for the past three years.

16. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Sollozzo For This Useful Post:

streets ahead

Quote Originally Posted by spreedom View Post
    A few episodes into a Justified season 1 marathon. Definitely my favorite current TV series.
    Season one had some trouble during the first half finding a way to balance stand alone episodes and the season-long arc (which is not to say they were bad, I really enjoyed the Alan Ruck dentist ep). By the second half, the show found a much better mix. And if you haven't yet seen it, season two was excellent from start to finish.

I was glad to see it get a little taste of Emmy love this fall. Terrific writing and performances - great show.
    Last edited by avoidingtheclowns; 11-18-2011 at 09:41 PM.

18. The Following User Says Thank You to avoidingtheclowns For This Useful Post:

Banned

Gold Rush, really good show.

Mood

The new Beavis and Butthead.

21. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to jeffg-body For This Useful Post:

streets ahead

Are we closer to the movie? My gut is telling me no... but my gut is also very hungry.

'Arrested Development' to return on Netflix
    Netcaster, 20th TV and Imagine close deal to revive comedy

By ANDREW WALLENSTEIN

Netflix is licensing new episodes of the TV series "Arrested Development" from 20th Century Fox Television and Imagine Television.

The sides struck a deal with the streaming service that will launch new episodes of the Emmy-winning comedy in early 2013, the studio confirmed.

The prospect of "Development" returning in both TV and film forms was raised last month when the show's creator, Mitch Hurwitz, announced in an appearance at the New Yorker Festival that he was intent on reuniting the series' original actors, including Jason Bateman and Will Arnett, for another go-round.

"Arrested" had a critically acclaimed run on Fox from 2003-2006, but the network canceled the series given its ratings were always modest at best.

All of the series regulars have expressed interest in returning and are expected back, though no deals have been done. How that will work will be interesting given many of them are maintaing busy careers. "Arrested" player Arnett is currently on the NBC series "Up All Night" and another alum, Portia de Rossi, is attached to a high-profile project in development at the Peacock.

Where this leaves the proposed "Arrested" feature film isn't clear. While one source familiar with the project said it is currently in development at Fox Searchlight, another source at the studio denied it was an active project. Hurwitz's vision of the film was to schedule it after the series run in order to drive interest at the box office, but at the very least it seems that the film and TV aren't attached to each other.

Hurwitz was executive producer of "Arrested" with Imagine principals Ron Howard and Brian Grazer. The producing pair issued a statement: "Bringing a series back from cancellation almost never happens, but then, 'Arrested' always was about as unconventional as they get, so it seems totally appropriate that this show that broke the mold is smashing it to pieces once again."

That Netflix has emerged the winner of a bidding war that reportedly included pay-TV player Showtime will be seen as a real coup for the service, which already gave Hollywood notice in March that it was in the original programming business in a big way when it ordered a 22-episode adaptation of the BBC drama "House of Cards" set to premiere next year. Analysts estimated "Cards," which comes with Kevin Spacey attached to star and David Fincher to executive produce, cost Netflix $100 million to get the rights from Media Rights Capital.

Financial terms of the "Arrested" deal are not known but could be substantial given the caliber of talent involved.

While Netflix's market capitalization was sent reeling in recent months after ill-advised decisions regarding its pricing, the need for original programming is all the greater as content companies have held the line at giving the service TV shows that are in-season.

Since Netflix started licensing original series, the service has been seen as a potential savior for ill-fated productions that get shuttered over the objections of a cult following too narrow to sustain them. But rescuing a show that comes with a built-in audience--albeit one too small to survive on TV--may be a safer strategy than creating a new property out of whole cloth.

The hedge on "Cards" is that its narrative has already gotten a test run in the U.K. but with different talent on both sides of the camera.

Ted Sarandos, chief content officer at Netflix said of the deal, "'Arrested Development is one of the finest American comedies in TV history and its return through Netflix is a perfect example of how we are working closely with studios and networks to provide consumers with entertainment they love,'" said Ted Sarandos, Netflix Chief Content Officer.

The return of "Development" would be a stunner given it is rare that a series comes back after a protracted absence, though 20th and Fox have seen precedent here: Animated series "Family Guy" was canceled in 2001 only to be revived three years later after the series fared well on DVD and in syndication.

(Variety)

You Did It Joseph!!!! AesopRockOn's Avatar
    Mood

You Got The Tony!!!!!!

24. The Following User Says Thank You to AesopRockOn For This Useful Post:

Still liking Dexter this season.
    Spoiler Spoiler:

Still watching Homeland... Man, I wish they'd cut out some of the personal drama. I don't care about Saul's homelife to that degree nor anyone else's on the show. They could make the point with these characters that they have personal lives and they aren't exactly fairly tale lives but quit dwelling on it.

------

"A player who makes a team great is more valuable than a great player. Losing yourself in the group, for the good of the group, that’s teamwork."

-John Wooden

Spoiler Spoiler:
    Last edited by Trader Joe; 11-21-2011 at 12:32 PM.

“WE NEVER SURRENDER, WE NEVER GIVE UP, WE KEEP ATTACKING”- Frank Vogel
    momentarygodsblog.com https://twitter.com/momentarygods

27. The Following User Says Thank You to Trader Joe For This Useful Post:

Without going into a lot of detail at the moment I agree a lot with Joe here.

You guys who keep saying this season has been a redemption from the previous one are far different than I am. I think this season has been totally thrown together as though it were either rushed or group think or they had run out of ideas & were just throwing whatever out there to see what sticks (if that last is true it is going to be a long next couple of seasons as Dexter was just renewed for not one but two more seasons).

I hate to use the term jump the shark but I think it kind of jumped the shark for me when Dexter stuck that guy with a pitch fork. I mean we are supposed to believe that a guy holding a gun is not only going to stand there and not use it when Dexter has to turn around and get the pitchfork off of a nail hook on the wall but that he is not even going to try and move when he turns around and thrust it at him? I could buy if they said the guy wasn't going to shoot Dexter but was trying to scare him, but to stand there and be rammed with a pitchfork? Nope, to over the top for me.

I have several other issues but I just don't have time to go over them.

It's still a good show, I still watch and enjoy it but frankly the magic is kind of gone from it for whatever reason.

Basketball isn't played with computers, spreadsheets, and simulations. ChicagoJ 4/21/13

Spoiler Spoiler:
    Last edited by Trader Joe; 11-21-2011 at 03:21 PM.

“WE NEVER SURRENDER, WE NEVER GIVE UP, WE KEEP ATTACKING”- Frank Vogel
    momentarygodsblog.com https://twitter.com/momentarygods

The Doctor's In The House TheDon's Avatar

Anybody else disappointed with the walking dead this season?

Spoiler Spoiler:

Quote Originally Posted by Peck View Post
    Without going into a lot of detail at the moment I agree a lot with Joe here.

You guys who keep saying this season has been a redemption from the previous one are far different than I am. I think this season has been totally thrown together as though it were either rushed or group think or they had run out of ideas & were just throwing whatever out there to see what sticks (if that last is true it is going to be a long next couple of seasons as Dexter was just renewed for not one but two more seasons).

I hate to use the term jump the shark but I think it kind of jumped the shark for me when Dexter stuck that guy with a pitch fork. I mean we are supposed to believe that a guy holding a gun is not only going to stand there and not use it when Dexter has to turn around and get the pitchfork off of a nail hook on the wall but that he is not even going to try and move when he turns around and thrust it at him? I could buy if they said the guy wasn't going to shoot Dexter but was trying to scare him, but to stand there and be rammed with a pitchfork? Nope, to over the top for me.

I have several other issues but I just don't have time to go over them.

It's still a good show, I still watch and enjoy it but frankly the magic is kind of gone from it for whatever reason.
    I guess it all depends on where they go with it. If they play up a lot of this stuff and then it turns out to be suspense/drama built from cheap writing tricks then I'm going to be let down. But I think the 'ride' this season is much better than last season. But, that's based on the premise that the writing really has a point and direction. Not just spaghetti thrown against the wall and intentional distractions.

Spoiler Spoiler:

Dexter has always had scenarios that were a reach so I can overlook some things here and there. I totally get what you're saying about the pitchfork but I'm willing to accept 'something' happened that would explain that while the camera only showed us the scene in Dexter's mind. In fact, the scene could've been explained so easily... somehow... that I suspect the script probably did explain it but the directing ended up cutting that for brevity and 'dramatic effect'.

I had more trouble with the opening scene of the current season....

Spoiler Spoiler:
    Last edited by Bball; 11-23-2011 at 04:41 AM.

------

-John Wooden

International Counter bellisimo's Avatar

latest episode of Dexter - this season is going to be either really good or really bad - all depending on these final episodes and how they tie everything together...there is plenty of potential to redeem this season but there are also so many things just hanging around that can bring this down to the low quality of season 5...we'll see how the writers have managed soon enough. Maybe I just got spoiled by Breaking Bad lately...

33. The Following User Says Thank You to bellisimo For This Useful Post: