Page 102 of 186 FirstFirst ... 252929899100101102103104105106112152 ... LastLast
Results 2,526 to 2,550 of 4636

Thread: What TV Show Did You Last Watch

International Counter bellisimo's Avatar

Default Re: What TV Show Did You Last Watch

Watched the first 3 episodes of Rome - great show so far...not sure how it holds up the rest of the way - seems like a solid script that shouldn't have been cancelled...

EDIT - ah googled the reason and the cost of production was through the roof with this one!
    Last edited by bellisimo; 08-26-2011 at 10:11 AM.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to bellisimo For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo Sports Logo

Louie
    Follow me at @Bluejbgold

Anyone else watch Wilfred on F/X?

I've watch 3 or 4 episodes and I still don't know what to think. It is different, it is entertaining, and yet I find myself asking why am I watching this weird show.

What about Shark Tank? I love that show
    Last edited by Unclebuck; 08-26-2011 at 04:00 PM.

I watched the pilot of Wilfred, but didn't feel like watching it past that. It wasn't bad, but it just didn't do enough for me, I guess.

streets ahead

Quote Originally Posted by bellisimo View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    they're trying to keep hope alive...seeing how networks don't really care about this it feels like its going to be futile...but maybe worth a shot?

https://www.facebook.com/SaveMenOfACertainAge

Sorry belli. I enjoyed the show quite a bit too, but it happens - often with excellent shows (I'm still not over people completely ignoring FX's Terriers...stupid).

(via Deadline)

‘Men Of A Certain Age’ Creators End Efforts To Find New Home For Canceled Series

By NELLIE ANDREEVA | Friday August 26, 2011 @ 6:40pm PDT

Men of a Certain Age is officially dead. Following the dramedy’s cancellation by TNT, series creators Ray Romano and Mike Royce had shopped the series around. Now they took to the “Save Men of a Certain Age” Facebook page, whose online petition has garnered more than 10,000 signatures, to announce that those efforts have been unsuccessful and they are reluctantly throwing in the towel. Here is Romano and Royce’s gracious open letter to fans titled Hold Your Head Up:

Hi folks,

Sorry I haven’t been in touch. Unfortunately there’s been nothing to report. And at this point, since we want to be straight with you guys, I have to tell you that we’ve kind of reached the end of the road. Hard to admit, but it’s true.

If you can think of a network, we called them. Of course, “Men of a Certain Age” doesn’t really belong on certain networks. But we called them too. We called everybody. We tried online, satellite, alternate content providers, corporate sponsorship, Taxi TV, filmstrips… everything. We’ve exhausted every possibility and then some.

I was certainly hoping – actually, naively expecting a different outcome. I thought somebody would pick us up. Ray and I feel strongly that there are places where MOACA would not only be an excellent fit, but a home run. But we couldn’t persuade others to see it that way. And at a certain point, you gotta move on.

Sure, a miracle could still happen somehow. So please don’t “unlike” this page or unsign the petition. It’s still good to be able to show the world how much you guys care about the show.

We can’t thank all you enough. So many of you have worked your asses off to help us find the show a home. To see the support continue to pour in now weeks and weeks later is really incredible.

It’s also hard to express how grateful we are to the awesomely talented 200+ people who made the show. The cast and the crew were not only the best but made it a joy to come to work each day.

And we also want to thank TNT. I know it’s natural to look at it like “they’re the ones who cancelled it,” but a more accurate viewpoint is “they’re the ones who put it on.” Honestly, the notion that a show about the lives of three 50 year olds was on television at all in this day and age is a miracle. It shouldn’t be, but it is. On top of that TNT gave us the rare opportunity to do the show the way we wanted.

The end result is, we’re proud of the work, proud of the critical response and mostly proud that the show seems to have secured a deep place in people’s hearts that isn’t always reached. Like some of you, we feel a little like we’ve lost a friend. But the good news is, the 22 episodes live on. They even end in a good place (if too soon).

So think of us as not as a cancelled show but a “mini-series by accident.”

Because really that’s our biggest hope: if you are a fan, turn other people on to it. We want it to live on. Hey, for better or for worse, the ratings tell us there are plenty of people out there who haven’t seen “Men of a Certain Age.” We hope they check it out.

Thanks, and see you on the hill.

—Mike Royce & Ray Romano

7. The Following User Says Thank You to avoidingtheclowns For This Useful Post:

streets ahead

Quote Originally Posted by Constellations View Post
    Louie
    Love love love Louie. Each episode I watch, I find myself absolutely shocked that something like this is even allowed on television (in the best way possible). I'm not sure if anyone has ever had the independence that Louis CK has (he's is left alone, essentially, to write/direct/act/edit/produce the show and John Langraff/FX involves itself very little) but it's a model I hope will be repeated.

Quote Originally Posted by Unclebuck View Post
    Anyone else watch Wilfred on F/X?

I've watch 3 or 4 episodes and I still don't know what to think. It is different, it is entertaining, and yet I find myself asking why am I watching this weird show.
    I've only seen a few episodes and enjoy it enough but it's hardly appointment viewing. Makes for a nice pairing with Louie, though.

You Did It Joseph!!!! AesopRockOn's Avatar
    Mood

Quote Originally Posted by avoidingtheclowns View Post
    Love love love Louie. Each episode I watch, I find myself absolutely shocked that something like this is even allowed on television (in the best way possible). I'm not sure if anyone has ever had the independence that Louis CK has (he's is left alone, essentially, to write/direct/act/edit/produce the show and John Langraff/FX involves itself very little) but it's a model I hope will be repeated.
    Give Matt and Trey some credit with South Park. Sans the Muhammad ********, they have pretty much free reign to do whatever they want. Though their clout mostly comes from saving the network. C.K. can do what he likes because the show is relatively successful and very cheap to produce. It's more expensive and lengthier than a (short film) web series, but I could definitely see it existing in that setting. But, yeah, totally agree with you. It's the finest crafted show on TV right now. Obsessively hyperbolic, Simmons-esque write-up from Chuck Klosterman here.

Nerd.
    Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Strike Back.

New cinemax series. Fills the void for me that 24 left. So far, it's pretty good.

Hoarders on Netflix:

Oh man, I don't know if I should feel bad for watching this, but you can't look away. Spooky because you suddenly start getting the urge to clean. Guess that's a good thing.

It is also good that by the second season they do give every person a therapist. These are people with serious issues in need of real treatment, not just derision.

Let PG Fly Again Soon! ECKrueger's Avatar

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Going to watch episode 16 of season 9 of CSI: Las Vegas.

Found out Taylor Swift is in it

Quote Originally Posted by avoidingtheclowns View Post
    Sorry belli. I enjoyed the show quite a bit too, but it happens - often with excellent shows (I'm still not over people completely ignoring FX's Terriers...stupid).
    You and me, both! That honestly was one of my top five favs that was on at the time. Clever, clever show and uniquely appealing characters. That loss still hurts. I have zero faith in the viewing public. That can't see past overly simplistic, sensationalist, crap.
    Hey! What're you kicking me for? You want me to ask? All right, I'll ask! Ma'am, where do the high school girls hang out in this town?

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Skaut_Ech For This Useful Post:

I'm just waiting for Dexter to start up with new episodes again.... October...

Assuming we can believe the info that is out there, a lot of the speculation about what was going to happen next and who might now be suspicious of Dexter is going to have to morph a bit... This season is ALLEGEDLY going to jump ahead 1 year. I guess this is to make it easier for the writers to gloss over some things and move forward. IOW Dexter should be further past
    Spoiler Spoiler:
    so storylines won't need to dwell on that aspect of things. (The spoiler was only a spoiler if you haven't caught up thru the last couple of seasons).
    Nuntius was right. I was wrong. Frank Vogel has retained his job.

------

"A player who makes a team great is more valuable than a great player. Losing yourself in the group, for the good of the group, that’s teamwork."

-John Wooden

Quote Originally Posted by Bball View Post
    I'm just waiting for Dexter to start up with new episodes again.... October...

Assuming we can believe the info that is out there, a lot of the speculation about what was going to happen next and who might now be suspicious of Dexter is going to have to morph a bit... This season is ALLEGEDLY going to jump ahead 1 year. I guess this is to make it easier for the writers to gloss over some things and move forward. IOW Dexter should be further past
    Spoiler Spoiler:
    so storylines won't need to dwell on that aspect of things. (The spoiler was only a spoiler if you haven't caught up thru the last couple of seasons).
    yea last season wrapped up rather neatly so there is no reason for them to not be able to pull of a fresh start and go from there this time around. There is very little amount of things that is "lingering" so we'll see how they are handled.

I just caught a video (though the picture was reversed / mirrored, apparently so YouTube wouldn't automatically remove it) showing all of the various seasons of opening music / credits to a show I'd heard of before called Degrassi. I feel like I missed out on something. I'm sure it's not everyone's cup of tea, but the energy I got from it suggests I would have liked it. It appears to be still going, but I'd rather start with the beginning if I decide to check it out.

Nerd.
    Mood

Quote Originally Posted by Hicks View Post
    I just caught a video (though the picture was reversed / mirrored, apparently so YouTube wouldn't automatically remove it) showing all of the various seasons of opening music / credits to a show I'd heard of before called Degrassi. I feel like I missed out on something. I'm sure it's not everyone's cup of tea, but the energy I got from it suggests I would have liked it. It appears to be still going, but I'd rather start with the beginning if I decide to check it out.
    Gotta love Canadian teen drama.

It's one of my guilty pleasure shows. Ha.

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Drake was on Degrassi before he made it big.

He originally became known for playing character Jimmy Brooks on the television series Degrassi: The Next Generation.
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Drake_(entertainer)

Quote Originally Posted by Stryder View Post
    Gotta love Canadian teen drama.

It's one of my guilty pleasure shows. Ha.
    I think we may have talked about it before, Stryder. My guilty, dirty, dirty secret love. I was just catching up on the episodes where Drake was tryng to get the recording contact and got pimped over by his girlfriend. Ah, Sweet Degrassi, how I love thee so.
    Hey! What're you kicking me for? You want me to ask? All right, I'll ask! Ma'am, where do the high school girls hang out in this town?

Anyone watch Big Brother? I recently found the show. Interesting to say the least.

Finally finished Lost. I really enjoyed the ride. The last few episodes were a bit of a surprise, but wasn't a let down at all.

Starting Prison Break today.
    Lance + Starting SG = Awesome

Now really free Lance!

Quote Originally Posted by Sparhawk View Post
    Finally finished Lost. I really enjoyed the ride. The last few episodes were a bit of a surprise, but wasn't a let down at all.

Starting Prison Break today.
    Prison break is a good choice...

Quote Originally Posted by Stryder View Post
    Strike Back.

New cinemax series. Fills the void for me that 24 left. So far, it's pretty good.
    Holy Crap am I glad I saw your post. I totally forgot that this had already started and was able to go back and get the first three episodes.

LOVE IT!!!!! That entire hostage episode in Dehli was just amazing.

Basketball isn't played with computers, spreadsheets, and simulations. ChicagoJ 4/21/13

Mood

Started going back through all of my seasons of Scrubs.

Hooch is Crazy!

26. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to travmil For This Useful Post:

caught the first episode of SUITS - The lead character feels like Barney Stinson's brother - pretty good show...looking to see how it goes along.

Quote Originally Posted by travmil View Post
    Started going back through all of my seasons of Scrubs.

Hooch is Crazy!

Hooch IS crazy!

“WE NEVER SURRENDER, WE NEVER GIVE UP, WE KEEP ATTACKING”- Frank Vogel
    momentarygodsblog.com https://twitter.com/momentarygods

Just finished season 1 of Prison Break. Love the pacing of the episodes...great show!
    Lance + Starting SG = Awesome

Now really free Lance!