Page 100 of 187 FirstFirst ... 509096979899100101102103104110150 ... LastLast
Results 2,476 to 2,500 of 4668

Thread: What TV Show Did You Last Watch

Default Re: What TV Show Did You Last Watch

Just finished season #4 of Man Men. Not sure how they do it, but each season gets better.

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Season 1 of Game of Thrones. Differed just enough from the books to be great television in and of itself. Peter Dinklage and Sean Bean were awesome as was to be expected and the end of episode 9 is even more effective than the scene in the book. Looking forward to season 2, or Clash of Kings, if they call it that.

B U T L E R..U a Bulldog!

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

That '70s Show

International Counter bellisimo's Avatar

started season 2 of Pretty Little Liars...seems to have picked off where it left

Watching season 2 of Psych. Just love this show!

Watching season 2 of Avatar: The Last Airbender. One of the best cartoon series ever. Glad there will be more Avatar coming to Nick soon.
    Lance + Starting SG = Awesome

Now really free Lance!

Season 3 of Breaking Bad. I am so glad there are cable shows.

Quote Originally Posted by Unclebuck View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Season 3 of Breaking Bad. I am so glad there are cable shows.
    Love that show. Drives me nuts I've been having such issues with my cable right now with this show close to returning. If I have to pay $3 an episode just to watch it (by buying HD eps on Amazon or iTunes), I probably will. I think it's worth it.

You Did It Joseph!!!! AesopRockOn's Avatar
    Mood

Quote Originally Posted by Sparhawk View Post
    Watching season 2 of Avatar: The Last Airbender. One of the best cartoon series ever. Glad there will be more Avatar coming to Nick soon.
    I honestly can't think of another kids-targeted, animated show even close to it in quality. Can anyone think of anything else?

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by AesopRockOn View Post
    I honestly can't think of another kids-targeted, animated show even close to it in quality. Can anyone think of anything else?
    Sponge bob>>>> than all!!!!!!!

10. The Following User Says Thank You to pacer4ever For This Useful Post:

International Counter bellisimo's Avatar

I don't know if you mean right now at the moment or all time...but I'd have to say that Animaniacs and Pinky and the Brain were IMO top quality. I haven't seen Avatar yet so I can't compare them.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to bellisimo For This Useful Post:

Season 3 of Breaking Bad just got great. Episode #7 One Minute. Here is what the reviewer on IGN wrote:

http://tv.ign.com/articles/108/1087373p1.html

The scene was well-directed. No music, many well-angled shots. It lasts about two minutes and you will be on the edge of your seat for the duration. The action was dramatic, blunt and uninterrupted. Every second of it dripped with suspense.
    ...it was, without a doubt, one of the most suspenseful minutes in television history.

If you have a friend who wants to get into this show, don't let them start at the beginning. Start at this episode. "One Minute" was this show's finest hour, and maybe one of the best episodes of anything we've seen on TV in the last 20 years.

Mood

Quote Originally Posted by bellisimo View Post
    I don't know if you mean right now at the moment or all time...but I'd have to say that Animaniacs and Pinky and the Brain were IMO top quality. I haven't seen Avatar yet so I can't compare them.
    Agreed. Criminally underrated on the writing front.

But in terms of emotionality...

UB, the pizza on the roof was the turning point for me on BB. It's like they just said "**** it, let's ignore the rules and just do some crazy *** ****!" The show became awesome (save the sub-par cliffhanger).
    Last edited by AesopRockOn; 07-07-2011 at 03:44 AM.

BBC show, Luther. It stars Ildris Elba who played Stringer Bell in The Wire. I didn't know he was from the UK until I saw this show.

Anyway this show is freakin awesome. Season 2 is just now airing and it will probably be hard to find it in the USA, but I think you can get Season 1 on dvd. I highly recommend it.

The Mighty Avengers currently holds the title of best for me but both the X-Men & Spiderman of the 90's were excellent as well. Although I think the Avengers has topped them all.

Basketball isn't played with computers, spreadsheets, and simulations. ChicagoJ 4/21/13

17. The Following User Says Thank You to Peck For This Useful Post:

I've caught a couple of episodes of "Falling Skies" (ep 1 and ep 3). I don't know what it is yet but something seems lacking or off for me. I think it's that the characters are just too 'too'. Too cliched... too pretty... too brooding... too mean... too smart... too wise....

Nobody really seems 'real'... They are more caricatures than characters maybe...
    Nuntius was right. I was wrong. Frank Vogel has retained his job.

------

"A player who makes a team great is more valuable than a great player. Losing yourself in the group, for the good of the group, thatís teamwork."

-John Wooden

Friday Night Lights

Quote Originally Posted by Bball View Post
    I've caught a couple of episodes of "Falling Skies" (ep 1 and ep 3). I don't know what it is yet but something seems lacking or off for me. I think it's that the characters are just too 'too'. Too cliched... too pretty... too brooding... too mean... too smart... too wise....

Nobody really seems 'real'... They are more caricatures than characters maybe...
    I've watched the first three episodes, and I do think you have a point. However, I feel the second episode was easily the best. But that may just be because I'm madly in love with Sarah Carter.
    Come to the Dark Side -- There's cookies!

The Glee Project

Outside of Survivor I've never been a reality tv watcher, but this has become my favorite show of the summer. Considering I find Glee itself very hit or miss, I'm surprised by how much I enjoy this. All the kids are so good and each brings something different to the table, I feel bad only one's gonna make the show.
    Come to the Dark Side -- There's cookies!

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by Kegboy View Post
    The Glee Project

Outside of Survivor I've never been a reality tv watcher, but this has become my favorite show of the summer. Considering I find Glee itself very hit or miss, I'm surprised by how much I enjoy this. All the kids are so good and each brings something different to the table, I feel bad only one's gonna make the show.

23. The Following User Says Thank You to ilive4sports For This Useful Post:

Mood

Finished first season of Game of Thrones. As someone who isn't really into fantasy/medieval genre, this is pretty spectacular. I'm still not emotionally high on anyone though I can't deny that spending time with the younger daughter (who reminds me of Sally from Mad Men), the dwarf, or the super hot Caleesi (or whatever, who cares) isn't enjoyable. I've never seen a show discard so many characters so effectively; it's a testament to its breadth of characters that even after killing off so many both likable and vile ones, I'm still interested in many of them. The production values are still amazing, and assuming HBO sticks with the show, should be even better once the actual, conscious battles take place. That last shot is photographic demonstration of a geek orgasm. The show is quite a bit better than Boardwalk Empire, benefiting from obviously strong source material. Holy ****, HBO, don't stop.

The first episode of season four of Breaking Bad. Quite representative of the show as a whole for me. The parts where it's tense and almost static in its show of violence are brilliant. However I could not give a **** about any of the other characters and don't buy a lot of what happens; that check in with Frank was depressing. Cranston continues to bring it. These next few months are make-or-break for AMC. I hope things go better than they have.
    You Got The Tony!!!!!!

All is full of Orange! Mourning's Avatar

Game of Thrones is good, yes. Seen the whole first season aswell. We've watched all season of Breaking Bad the last two weeks, including the first episode of season 4 last night. Very exciting series, love the humour and suspense.

I really like Boardwalk Empire so far. We are at episode 10 now (which we'll see tonight).

Saw The Walking Dead a couple of weeks ago. Quite good and entertaining, but IMHO not up to the level of the other series mentioned above. Still definitely worth watching.
    2012 PD ABA Fantasy Keeper League Champion, sports.ws

2011 PD ABA Fantasy Keeper League Champion, sports.ws

2006 PD ABA Fantasy League runner up, sports.ws

26. The Following User Says Thank You to Mourning For This Useful Post:

Finally saw the first episode of Game of Thrones. Couldn't get past the first book, but the show is quite good. Maybe after I watch the season I'll go back and give the first book another try.
    Lance + Starting SG = Awesome

Now really free Lance!

All is full of Orange! Mourning's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Sparhawk View Post
    Finally saw the first episode of Game of Thrones. Couldn't get past the first book, but the show is quite good. Maybe after I watch the season I'll go back and give the first book another try.
    After seeying the first season, I decided ordering the whole series of books. They came in yesterday and after reading a couple of hours I have to say I like the way it's written so far. So far the series have stayed very close to the book(s).

Then again I have only started reading the books, so I haven't got that much material to compare yet, but again so far, so good.
    2012 PD ABA Fantasy Keeper League Champion, sports.ws

2011 PD ABA Fantasy Keeper League Champion, sports.ws

2006 PD ABA Fantasy League runner up, sports.ws

The light, not the lie. kester99's Avatar
    Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by Mourning View Post
    After seeying the first season, I decided ordering the whole series of books. They came in yesterday and after reading a couple of hours I have to say I like the way it's written so far. So far the series have stayed very close to the book(s).

Then again I have only started reading the books, so I haven't got that much material to compare yet, but again so far, so good.
    As always, there's more detail, and more to enjoy, in the books. I'm on my third or fourth reading, getting ready for the new book to be available at our library. This is a great series. I just hope the author follows through with the rest of the books in a timely fashion.
    [~]) ... Cheers! Go Pacers!

Sports Logo Sports Logo

Strange Addictions

One guy was addicted to pulling hair out of shower drains... =

One chick was addicted to eating drywall=