Page 218 of 221 FirstFirst ... 118168208214215216217218219220221 LastLast
Results 5,426 to 5,450 of 5506

Thread: What TV Show Did You Last Watch

  1. #5426
    Member spreedom's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Minnesota
    Age
    31
    Posts
    2,646

    Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: What TV Show Did You Last Watch

    Quote Originally Posted by Heisenberg View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    he's great, but he's also pretty one note. try to picture him leading anything that's not him being a stoic smartass, especially anything that needs actual movement below the neck other than wide shots of him walking. I like the dude a lot, but he has a really narrow range. he's all charisma and presence, which is fine, but he really doesn't have much actual acting chops.
    I disagree... I think his portrayal of Raylan is as nuanced, layered and complex as just about any character in TV, bar none. And maybe like Basketball Fan mentioned, his lack of a notable movie career is more his doing than his lack of ability to land quality roles... but I'm a little bummed that we didn't at least get a couple of disposable beat-em-ups from him last decade.

    About five years ago, my brother and I started an extremely detailed pitch for a new Batman movie trilogy based on the Knightfall storyline, and we used Olyphant as our template for a late-30s Batman. I'm really happy with Affleck (though the movie was extremely lackluster) so now I guess my daydreams will have to be Olyphant as Harvey Dent.

  2. #5427
    Undefeated
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Carmel
    Age
    39
    Posts
    3,873

    Default Re: What TV Show Did You Last Watch

    Anyone watching Stranger Things on Netflix? I've watched 5 of the 8 episodes so far, and I'm really enjoying it. Great throwback to 80s movies with good cast and story.
    Danger Zone

  3. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Rogco For This Useful Post:


  4. #5428
    I SAID A STREET FIGHT Heisenberg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    21,968

    Sports Logo

    Default Re: What TV Show Did You Last Watch

    Quote Originally Posted by Rogco View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Anyone watching Stranger Things on Netflix? I've watched 5 of the 8 episodes so far, and I'm really enjoying it. Great throwback to 80s movies with good cast and story.
    Only 2 episodes in but it's really good. I knew nothing of it until I saw some hype online about it, peculiar why Netflix didn't seem to promote it basically at all, if they did I missed it entirely.

    Also, if you're on the fence, it's set in small town Indiana in the mid-80s and they set the scene pretty well for any of you guys that lived through/grew up in the 80s.

    Also also, those unknown kids can act their butts off.

  5. The Following User Says Thank You to Heisenberg For This Useful Post:


  6. #5429
    Member presto123's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Noblesville, IN.
    Posts
    5,747

    Default Re: What TV Show Did You Last Watch

    Quote Originally Posted by Rogco View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Anyone watching Stranger Things on Netflix? I've watched 5 of the 8 episodes so far, and I'm really enjoying it. Great throwback to 80s movies with good cast and story.

    Already finished all 8. Fantastic. You will be blown away by the last episode. Can't wait for season 2. Stephen King gave this series rave reviews.

  7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to presto123 For This Useful Post:


  8. #5430
    All is full of Orange! Mourning's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Bilthoven, The Netherlands
    Age
    40
    Posts
    9,560

    Default Re: What TV Show Did You Last Watch

    Quote Originally Posted by Heisenberg View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    he's great, but he's also pretty one note. try to picture him leading anything that's not him being a stoic smartass, especially anything that needs actual movement below the neck other than wide shots of him walking. I like the dude a lot, but he has a really narrow range. he's all charisma and presence, which is fine, but he really doesn't have much actual acting chops.
    I'd agree. To me his role in Deadwood will always what I will compare him too... why did this AWESOME series get canned again???
    2012 PD ABA Fantasy Keeper League Champion, sports.ws

    2011 PD ABA Fantasy Keeper League Champion, sports.ws

    2006 PD ABA Fantasy League runner up, sports.ws

  9. #5431
    Member Since86's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Muncie
    Posts
    26,614

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: What TV Show Did You Last Watch

    Quote Originally Posted by Mourning View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I'd agree. To me his role in Deadwood will always what I will compare him too... why did this AWESOME series get canned again???
    If it's any consolation, HBO confirmed Deadwood the movie is a go as soon as the creator/director David Milch is ready. Ian McShane has agreed, but no word on Timmy yet.
    Just because you're offended, doesn't mean you're right.” ― Ricky Gervais.

  10. The Following User Says Thank You to Since86 For This Useful Post:


  11. #5432
    Undefeated
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Carmel
    Age
    39
    Posts
    3,873

    Default Re: What TV Show Did You Last Watch

    Quote Originally Posted by presto123 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Already finished all 8. Fantastic. You will be blown away by the last episode. Can't wait for season 2. Stephen King gave this series rave reviews.
    Just finished it last night. My only problem is I've got no more episodes to watch! The children do a great job acting in this show. Eleven was great.
    Danger Zone

  12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Rogco For This Useful Post:


  13. #5433
    Undefeated
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Carmel
    Age
    39
    Posts
    3,873

    Default Re: What TV Show Did You Last Watch

    Quote Originally Posted by Since86 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    If it's any consolation, HBO confirmed Deadwood the movie is a go as soon as the creator/director David Milch is ready. Ian McShane has agreed, but no word on Timmy yet.
    I've never seen Deadwood, but my neighbor made me promise to watch the series before the movie gets released. He said it is a must-see
    Danger Zone

  14. #5434
    Administrator Unclebuck's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    33,982

    Default Re: What TV Show Did You Last Watch

    Quote Originally Posted by Rogco View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Anyone watching Stranger Things on Netflix? I've watched 5 of the 8 episodes so far, and I'm really enjoying it. Great throwback to 80s movies with good cast and story.
    I watched parts of the first two episodes. Seems like a well done show, but I'm not going to continue to watch. Too much supernatural stuff for me. Plus I don't have time to watch a lot of shows. Right now I'm hooked on House of Cards.

  15. #5435
    Member Sollozzo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Indianapolis, IN
    Posts
    21,289

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: What TV Show Did You Last Watch

    Finished Mad Men. Great show, but the finale was a bit underwhelming.

  16. #5436
    Member Since86's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Muncie
    Posts
    26,614

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: What TV Show Did You Last Watch

    Quote Originally Posted by Rogco View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I've never seen Deadwood, but my neighbor made me promise to watch the series before the movie gets released. He said it is a must-see
    It's great. I didn't watch it until after the series was cancelled and when I got to the end I was so confused about how it was pulled.
    Just because you're offended, doesn't mean you're right.” ― Ricky Gervais.

  17. The Following User Says Thank You to Since86 For This Useful Post:


  18. #5437
    You've got no fans! IrishPacer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Ireland
    Age
    24
    Posts
    4,267

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: What TV Show Did You Last Watch

    Quote Originally Posted by Sollozzo View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Finished Mad Men. Great show, but the finale was a bit underwhelming.
    My favourite ever show. I suppose the profile pic is a give away.

    I thought it was a satisfactory ending. Could have been better, could have been worse.
    https://twitter.com/DrogsNavan

    Change is neither good or bad, it simply is.

  19. The Following User Says Thank You to IrishPacer For This Useful Post:


  20. #5438
    Jimmy did what Jimmy did Bball's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    22,985

    Default Re: What TV Show Did You Last Watch

    Yes, 2 thumbs up for "Stranger Things" on Netflix. At least to the halfway point of the season. 4 episodes in and I think it's been fantastic. Excellent acting and direction. They've done a great job of setting the 80's vibe of the time period in a realistic way. It looks like it was shot in the 80's in a small town in Indiana... not in a "Sixteen Candles" kind of way. It's not that kind of a show.

    It's like an X Files if the X Files was done well and theatrically. X Files meets Twin Peaks meets Lost.... meets Twilight Zone? Not sure how to explain it... Just watch it.
    Nuntius was right for a while. I was wrong for a while. But ultimately I was right and Frank Vogel has been let go.

    ------

    "A player who makes a team great is more valuable than a great player. Losing yourself in the group, for the good of the group, that’s teamwork."

    -John Wooden

  21. The Following User Says Thank You to Bball For This Useful Post:


  22. #5439
    It is ka Thankee sai Major Cold's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Garrett, IN
    Posts
    9,897
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: What TV Show Did You Last Watch

    Quote Originally Posted by Sollozzo View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Finished Mad Men. Great show, but the finale was a bit underwhelming.
    Really? I thought it was perfect.

  23. The Following User Says Thank You to Major Cold For This Useful Post:


  24. #5440
    Jimmy did what Jimmy did Bball's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    22,985

    Default Re: What TV Show Did You Last Watch

    Finished all of "Stranger Things" the other night.... Entertaining television! Great acting and direction. Part of the charm was how well they modeled 1980's small town America... or Indiana anyway! And it helped the story that this was before cell phones and the internet. And I don't think that was an accident. People had to talk and work through things. Not send emails and text messages or study it on the internet. The kids met for games or rode their bikes... not individually sat at home in front of the computer. So when a problem happened they had to confront it differently than we would today.

    Yeah, there were some nit-picky things I'd done differently. And even a couple of those kind of got washed away by how they handled some arcs in the story that I didn't expect. But really, my only concern is how they will be able to do a season 2. They certainly could've left the story right where it ended. I hope they have an endgame and didn't already use it up so now need to just meander to fill additional seasons.

    One thing I will mention...
    Spoiler Spoiler:
    Nuntius was right for a while. I was wrong for a while. But ultimately I was right and Frank Vogel has been let go.

    ------

    "A player who makes a team great is more valuable than a great player. Losing yourself in the group, for the good of the group, that’s teamwork."

    -John Wooden

  25. #5441
    I SAID A STREET FIGHT Heisenberg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    21,968

    Sports Logo

    Default Re: What TV Show Did You Last Watch

    Quote Originally Posted by Since86 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    It's great. I didn't watch it until after the series was cancelled and when I got to the end I was so confused about how it was pulled.
    the ratings were mediocre and it was REALLY expensive to produce. I remember reading like every 4 episodes basically amounted to your average major studio movie budget or something like that. but yeah, it's a GREAT show.

  26. #5442
    I SAID A STREET FIGHT Heisenberg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    21,968

    Sports Logo

    Default Re: What TV Show Did You Last Watch

    man, I'm about lost on Mr. Robot. I'm just gonna have to DVR the season and binge it.

  27. #5443
    This season is for Travis ECKrueger's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Pittsburgh, PA
    Age
    25
    Posts
    5,735

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: What TV Show Did You Last Watch

    I keep wanting to watch Mr Robot, but definitely feel like I don't totally get it.

  28. #5444
    You've got no fans! IrishPacer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Ireland
    Age
    24
    Posts
    4,267

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: What TV Show Did You Last Watch

    Absolutely gutted that I binge watched Stranger Things in a few days. I'm not a sci-fi fan at all but I still thought it was brilliant.
    https://twitter.com/DrogsNavan

    Change is neither good or bad, it simply is.

  29. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to IrishPacer For This Useful Post:


  30. #5445
    I SAID A STREET FIGHT Heisenberg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    21,968

    Sports Logo

    Default Re: What TV Show Did You Last Watch

    Halt & Catch Fire is back and is legitimately good after that dump of a first season. season 2 was a complete shift and 3's continuing it and it's going to keep AMC afloat once people catch on.

  31. The Following User Says Thank You to Heisenberg For This Useful Post:


  32. #5446
    All is full of Orange! Mourning's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Bilthoven, The Netherlands
    Age
    40
    Posts
    9,560

    Default Re: What TV Show Did You Last Watch

    This season of GoT and Homeland (season 5 I believe). Love both of these series.
    2012 PD ABA Fantasy Keeper League Champion, sports.ws

    2011 PD ABA Fantasy Keeper League Champion, sports.ws

    2006 PD ABA Fantasy League runner up, sports.ws

  33. #5447
    Rebound King Kstat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Charlotte, NC
    Age
    34
    Posts
    31,462

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: What TV Show Did You Last Watch

    Stranger Things is nothing short of amazing. Can't wait for season 2.

    It wasn't about being the team everyone loved, it was about beating the teams everyone else loved.

    Division Champions 1955, 1956, 1988, 1989, 1990, 2002, 2003, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008
    Conference Champions 1955, 1956, 1988, 2005
    NBA Champions 1989, 1990, 2004

  34. #5448

    Default Re: What TV Show Did You Last Watch

    Younger on TV Land the premise is rather implausible but its watchable

  35. #5449
    All is full of Orange! Mourning's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Bilthoven, The Netherlands
    Age
    40
    Posts
    9,560

    Default Re: What TV Show Did You Last Watch

    Watching the first episode of ''Top of the Lake'' from the Sundance Channel. It's from 2013, but never got round to watching it, but I like it so far. Only 6 episodes, so it's very manageable and season #2 has finally been announced for 2017 with amongst others Nicole Kidman.
    2012 PD ABA Fantasy Keeper League Champion, sports.ws

    2011 PD ABA Fantasy Keeper League Champion, sports.ws

    2006 PD ABA Fantasy League runner up, sports.ws

  36. #5450
    Member Ichi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    West Lala
    Posts
    1,152

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: What TV Show Did You Last Watch

    Quote Originally Posted by Heisenberg View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    man, I'm about lost on Mr. Robot. I'm just gonna have to DVR the season and binge it.
    I loved the first half of season 1, but began to lose interest as it went into less concrete reality stuff. I get into shows with odd facets not based in reality, but I didn't particularly like the way Mr. Robot had it done and have not even started season 2... Idk if I ever will.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •