Page 194 of 194 FirstFirst ... 94144184190191192193194
Results 4,826 to 4,841 of 4841

Thread: What TV Show Did You Last Watch

Default Re: What TV Show Did You Last Watch

Really liked the close of The Walking Dead tonight. That's an interesting suggestion to make for Rick and Carol/Daryl in particular. In line with where I wanted this show to go with them.

v my fave #13, sorry PG ECKrueger's Avatar

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Hibbert View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Really liked the close of The Walking Dead tonight. That's an interesting suggestion to make for Rick and Carol/Daryl in particular. In line with where I wanted this show to go with them.
    Interesting. Not sure how I feel.

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Anybody watch The Jinx? Fascinating documentary series about Robert Durst, who somehow got away with 3 murders.
    David "And One" West

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Pacergeek For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by Pacergeek View Post
    Anybody watch The Jinx? Fascinating documentary series about Robert Durst, who somehow got away with 3 murders.
    I haven't watched it but from the previews I can't figure out what it actually is. It seems like a mockumentary, but this dude actually killed people and got away with it and now they made a show about it? Is that what it is? If it is that's insanely ****ed up.

Sports Logo

Am I the only person that thinks House of Cards is super mediocre and doesn't get all the praise? To be fair, haven't watched any of the 3rd season (and just not going to), but the 1st was just decent to me and the second was flat out bad. Get the vibe all the praise is more rooted in the format than the actual product.

All is full of Orange! Mourning's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Heisenberg View Post
    Am I the only person that thinks House of Cards is super mediocre and doesn't get all the praise? To be fair, haven't watched any of the 3rd season (and just not going to), but the 1st was just decent to me and the second was flat out bad. Get the vibe all the praise is more rooted in the format than the actual product.
    Lets just say I seriously disagree .

I guess I feel the sameway about "Gotham" that I think you feel about "House of Cards". I think it's very overrated simply because people like the whole atmosphere and story surrounding the, what I call, "Batman-universe". Take that emotional knowledge out of it and well I'm not very enthousiastic about what is left, but I guess that's just me.
    Last edited by Mourning; 03-02-2015 at 05:52 AM.
    2012 PD ABA Fantasy Keeper League Champion, sports.ws

2011 PD ABA Fantasy Keeper League Champion, sports.ws

2006 PD ABA Fantasy League runner up, sports.ws

Play McRoberts and Price! BRushWithDeath's Avatar

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

I haven't watched it but from the previews I can't figure out what it actually is. It seems like a mockumentary, but this dude actually killed people and got away with it and now they made a show about it? Is that what it is? If it is that's insanely ****ed up.
    It's a documentary. Nothing mocking about it.
    "I had to take her down like Chris Brown."

-Lance Stephenson

It's basically a 6 hour documentary movie about Robert Durst. It is interesting because he is interviewed throughout every episode, and gives his side of the story on what happened.
    David "And One" West

I thought the first season was better than the second. I'm three episodes into season 3, and I think its more on par with the first season in terms of watchability
    David "And One" West

Quote Originally Posted by Pacergeek View Post
    It is fascinating. The most morbidly hilarious (not intentionally...I think...) thing I've seen in a while. Truth is far stranger than fiction, I guess.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Dr. Hibbert For This Useful Post:

I think Odenkirk is moving himself towards an Emmy nomination.
    Nuntius was right. I was wrong. Frank Vogel has retained his job.

------

"A player who makes a team great is more valuable than a great player. Losing yourself in the group, for the good of the group, thatís teamwork."

-John Wooden

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Bball For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Bball View Post
    I think Odenkirk is moving himself towards an Emmy nomination.
    Oh, he has it. Damn, who saw it coming with that series? It sounded like a bad/risky idea on paper. But every episode has been EXCELLENT so far. It's the right Breaking Bad vibe without being a Breaking Bad clone and being its own unique, masterful little thing. I love it to death, and Odenkirk has really brought a secondary character into the spotlight as a well-rounded, interesting primary.

16. The Following User Says Thank You to Dr. Hibbert For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo

Larry Wilmore's show sucks

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Hibbert View Post
    Oh, he has it. Damn, who saw it coming with that series? It sounded like a bad/risky idea on paper. But every episode has been EXCELLENT so far. It's the right Breaking Bad vibe without being a Breaking Bad clone and being its own unique, masterful little thing. I love it to death, and Odenkirk has really brought a secondary character into the spotlight as a well-rounded, interesting primary.
    I don't even think about Breaking Bad now when I watch it. Makes me wonder why they even bothered to include Tuco in it at all (though he could come back into play I'm sure). I was afraid the show could end up being a cheap way to throw in Breaking Bad cameos to keep that audience tuning in but it's not even close to that. In fact, this show's first few episodes are actually probably better than the first few episodes of Breaking Bad. But BB set a high bar with the way it just kept upping the ante. Not sure it's fair to hold any show to that standard.
    Nuntius was right. I was wrong. Frank Vogel has retained his job.

------

"A player who makes a team great is more valuable than a great player. Losing yourself in the group, for the good of the group, thatís teamwork."

-John Wooden

19. The Following User Says Thank You to Bball For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Bball View Post
    I don't even think about Breaking Bad now when I watch it. Makes me wonder why they even bothered to include Tuco in it at all (though he could come back into play I'm sure). I was afraid the show could end up being a cheap way to throw in Breaking Bad cameos to keep that audience tuning in but it's not even close to that. In fact, this show's first few episodes are actually probably better than the first few episodes of Breaking Bad. But BB set a high bar with the way it just kept upping the ante. Not sure it's fair to hold any show to that standard.
    I'm enjoying the show but does anyone else question where the story line about the brother with the electro-magnetic field aversion is headed? Just doesn't seem to be much potential for anything real interesting there.

I like the possibilities for Tucco's Lieutenant & Mike Ehrmantraut a great deal but that one has me stumped.

Quote Originally Posted by Downtown Bang! View Post
    I'm enjoying the show but does anyone else question where the story line about the brother with the electro-magnetic field aversion is headed? Just doesn't seem to be much potential for anything real interesting there.

I like the possibilities for Tucco's Lieutenant & Mike Ehrmantraut a great deal but that one has me stumped.
    I think it's just to add some depth and likability to Jimmy, and create further tension between Jimmy and the firm (haven't been enough episodes for me to be so invested as to remember names of guys in there, clearly).