Page 206 of 206 FirstFirst ... 106156196202203204205206
Results 5,126 to 5,134 of 5134

Thread: What TV Show Did You Last Watch

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Default Re: What TV Show Did You Last Watch

Quote Originally Posted by Heisenberg View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    yep, I'm out on Masters of Sex. really great season one, mediocre season two, and now they're helping gorillas bone in season three. I'm out.
    Follows the Showtime model perfectly. They have had some really great series but man they fly off the rails FAST (looking at you, Masters of Sex, Weeds, Homeland, etc.)

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo

I thoroughly enjoyed the first two episodes of Fear The Walking Dead.
    "Just look at the flowers ........ BANG"

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Hoop For This Useful Post:

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo

I liked the Final of Falling Skies. Ended pretty nice and neat, nothing crazy, after where the show has been going far awhile.

I prefer the neatly wrapped upped up predictable finish, to the travesty ending that was Lost.
    "Just look at the flowers ........ BANG"

So long, Pope.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to tora tora For This Useful Post:

It is ka Thankee sai Major Cold's Avatar
    Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by Hoop View Post
    I thoroughly enjoyed the first two episodes of Fear The Walking Dead.
    Even though some of the acting is horrid in comparison to TWD, I have liked it. The Nielsen ratings are the same as TWD's final episode, so it might have multiple seasons. Which begs an answer to the question: What do they do when the mystique of the first few months wears off?

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Major Cold For This Useful Post:

I watched the finale of Falling Skies.
    At times I thought it needed a laugh track. "Oh, BTW... I'm pregnant!" "Marry me?".... C'mon writers... Really?
    And then the reason for the invasion complete with the cave graphics? This just felt odd. And it didn't really mesh with things established in earlier seasons.

In fact, nearly the entire season seemed like a series of meandering side plots with no real purpose. They could've just fleshed out this ending and the drive for the climatic final battle.

Except... What battle? And the Mason Militias? Did they really have a purpose (not that we saw them all anyway)?

And how many things just never made any sense whatsoever? The farm (Hello, Walking Dead)? The Nazi brainwashing camps (Huh?)? Pope's final turn (And BTW... Since he and his woman went out scouting the enemy and Mason and the 2nd Mass went to destroy said enemy... Wouldn't they have been driving by Pope's woman and been able to help her on their way?)

I laughed out loud the first time we saw Pope and his new haircut (was that show called "Pope Breaks Bad"? Ha!). Once again... Writers! Really? And then nobody bothered to check for a body in the later gunfight scene?

One of the funniest comments I read was during the Mason court martial scene. One of the commenters said it seemed like the writers/script that was really on trial! LOL! Think of all the questionable things they were learning from Mason about his exploits and how they couldn't believe him. Well, join the club!

And then the "golden child" cliche. I think the show jumped the shark the tallest when they decided to write the actress who played Anne's actual pregnancy into the script. They could've killed her off, or had her kidnapped and thought to be dead, (or just shot around her pregnancy), but no... they just ran with the pregnancy and wrote the kid into the script with a silly, shark jumping plot line. And then painted themselves into a corner of silliness.

I had more fun reading the forums after each episode than I did watching the show. It just took on a level of unintentional silliness even though it was based on a decent scifi premise that they just couldn't seem to stick to.

What is weird is how, even with the last season known to all before they wrote it, they couldn't write a straight thru build up to the end. We still meandered all season through pointless side plots and new characters.

And one last thing... Whoever misheard Cochise's name and started calling him Goat Cheese, and then it caught on on the web to where that name stuck... kudos to you! Nicely played!
    Last edited by Bball; 09-01-2015 at 09:18 PM.
    Nuntius was right. I was wrong. Frank Vogel has retained his job.

------

"A player who makes a team great is more valuable than a great player. Losing yourself in the group, for the good of the group, thatís teamwork."

-John Wooden

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Bball For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by Major Cold View Post
    Even though some of the acting is horrid in comparison to TWD, I have liked it. The Nielsen ratings are the same as TWD's final episode, so it might have multiple seasons. Which begs an answer to the question: What do they do when the mystique of the first few months wears off?
    the acting is already immensely better than the forebearer from the two main characters. but yeah, kill the teenagers already.

anyway, it's only 2 episodes in so there's not much to go on at this point, but seeing Patrick Stewart just do whatever he wants on Blunt Talk is pretty entertaining.

All is full of Orange! Mourning's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by cdash View Post
    Follows the Showtime model perfectly. They have had some really great series but man they fly off the rails FAST (looking at you, Masters of Sex, Weeds, Homeland, etc.)
    I'm going to disagree on Homeland. Yeah, there's some pretty weird things, like having a mentally instable person (Carrie) at an important position in the CIA, but OTOH I think the show is still really strong. Last season in Pakistan and Afghanistan IMHO was one of the best, but maybe that's just me. I'm looking forward to the new season.
    Last edited by Mourning; 09-02-2015 at 05:26 AM.
    2012 PD ABA Fantasy Keeper League Champion, sports.ws

2011 PD ABA Fantasy Keeper League Champion, sports.ws

2006 PD ABA Fantasy League runner up, sports.ws

Sports Logo

wow